• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Advanceshipping General Discussion: Where Ash and May ADVANCE together ;D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hunter_RuLe

< Guess who's back?
How did you feel about the shippiness in AG042: Love at First Flight?

Personally I loved this episode, I think I'm the reason why it's even up in that list Gazmof xD

Maybe there are no 'canon' hints in it but the whole speach of love May made was so cute imo. Ash being clueless about the whole concept of love again was quite priceless too, and the wink may gives him at the end is really something to fall for. Now I think of it I really need to see some of these old episodes if I want to get back in to shipping again.

If Ash heard that May was in dire trouble back in the Johto region, what thoughts do you think would be going through Ash's mind and what kind of actions would he take?

If we know one thing for sure then it is that ash will always be there for his dear friends, especially if they are in trouble. So I have to agree with agustus on this one, I don't think something like this it very shippy though.

Miss-ADV

Grand Coordinater
Hellooo Everyone =)
Uhmmm, a message to all the Dutch ADVshippers, the Eps DP 76 till 79 (May's cameo) where on TV today ,yesterday, and the day before yesterday.... I turned on my TV and I saw Dawn and May battling, so I've missed it ='(

Good, and still Shippy, whahah it was really Funny when Ash crossdressed as Juliet (or Julia) but, it would be much more fun, if May was Juliet, and Ash Romeo c=

If Ash heard that May was in dire trouble back in the Johto region, what thoughts do you think would be going through Ash's mind and what kind of actions would he take?

Come and help her right away, simple ;D

Agustus

The hints in this episode were some of my favorites, in particular the wink that May gives Ash at the end (I'm sure everyone else has said that already, but oh well).
If Ash/May wanted to say his/her feelings to May/Ash, how would they act?
May wouldn't be able to talk about it with others around; the confession would have to be in a situation where the two of them are alone. For example: The gang sets up camp for the night, and Max, Brock and Pikachu are all asleep. Ash would be outside, thinking about whatever, and May would be in her tent, struggling to get to sleep. She would probably get up, seeing as how she has nothing else to do, to find Ash unable to sleep as well. The two would talk about the day's events or their travels, or whatever else. May, after this, would tell Ash about how grateful she is for having Ash to mentor her and teach her about the world of Pokemon. After that, she would finally admit her feelings to him, without any external bodies to harass them.

As for Ash... Well...
I couldn't imagine him telling her how he felt, but he'd probably be a little blunter than she would be.

Do you think that the Donphan in Date Expectations represented Advanceshipping?

New to the forums so i hope askin' this is ok.
~;201-z;

lotr297

wahaha
I don't quite understand what you mean Zarbi, do you mean do we think it was an advanceshipper, do we think it symbolises advanceshipping, or something else?

Gazmof

Zephyr Trainer
Do you think that the Donphan in Date Expectations represented Advanceshipping?

I think it could definitely be construed that way, but no, I don't think that was the writer's original intention (or was it?). Welcome to the thread, by the way ^^

This was a good episode, thought I don't think the "hints" were particularly strong, especially when compared to classics like Grass Hysteria (one of my all-time favourite Advanceshipping episodes).

Here's some nice screencaps that I thought showcased the more Advanceshippy parts of the episode:

http://img35.imageshack.us/img35/6484/loveatfirstflight01.jpg
At the Pokemon Centre.
http://img35.imageshack.us/img35/6478/loveatfirstflight02.jpg
Ash and May in a miniature argument shocker!
http://img35.imageshack.us/img35/1912/loveatfirstflight03.jpg
"He's in love!" "Love...?"
http://img35.imageshack.us/img35/2608/loveatfirstflight04.jpg
"You'll understand when you're older, Ash." The iconic Advanceshipping scene in this episode.
http://img35.imageshack.us/img35/1227/loveatfirstflight05.jpg
Just a cute picture that I liked.

Overall, this was a pretty good episode, especially for us Advanceshippers, and really showcases how much more "playful" the writers were when it came to shipping back during AG, in contrast to what we have today in the DP series.

Last edited:

Midnightmoon6o2

"Tougher than you."
aww, the last pic is cute. ^^ here in Australia they are going to show the Wallace Cup episode soon. ^^ i can't wait!

And a new fanart from me.
http://slivermoon602.deviantart.com/art/Advance-Snow-123001626

And new topic.
If May comes to visit Ash at either Pallet town or at a another event, what kind of advanceshippiness do you want to expect or want to happen?

Me? either to do with food or them telling their past when they travelled together. but the food one might be cute. its something May and Ash have in common. ^^

The Horizon

The Forgotten One
This thing is close to reaching a thousand now. Whoever does it is the lucky one.

It was a pretty funny episode, no doubt. The shipping there leaves mysteries, especially that winking part. What does it actually mean? Is it anything to think about?

If May comes to visit Ash at either Pallet town or at a another event, what kind of Advanceshippiness do you want to expect or want to happen?

I imagine Pallet Town. Ash comes home, his mother not home, must be out shopping. Decides to relax for a couple of minutes and then go see Prof. Oak. Goes to the front door, opens it and lo and behold, May stands right at the doorway, both taken by surprise.

RobSp1derp1g

On my way...

The inclusion of the names Romeo and Juliet on the song, I mean, episode contributed to the mysticism of the episode, it adds a "What will happen?" feeling to the story.
I'll edit this post later, because I'm sleepy.

crisiscore

ZAP CANNON
Awesome! 1000th commenter [=

If May comes to visit Ash at either Pallet town or at a another event, what kind of Advanceshippiness do you want to expect or want to happen?

If May ever came to see Ash, I would like to see a quick hug from May to Ash without her even realizing, thus resulting in a deep blush by both trainers. I'd also like them to recount their old adventures and how they had so much memories together. May can retell of all the time Ash has saved her during her journey and how much he helped her improve as a trainer. A big advanceshipping hint would be for one of them to invite the other to travel together to a new region.

Hjörung´s wrath

Merovingian relic
Awesome! 1000th commenter [=

If May ever came to see Ash, I would like to see a quick hug from May to Ash without her even realizing, thus resulting in a deep blush by both trainers. I'd also like them to recount their old adventures and how they had so much memories together. May can retell of all the time Ash has saved her during her journey and how much he helped her improve as a trainer. A big advanceshipping hint would be for one of them to invite the other to travel together to a new region.
You summed up my thoughts quite well, that would be really something. :D
When DP saga is over, they should reintroduce May, upgraded with the
clothes of the generation girl of the upcoming games. They could let her
discover about the new region, and she would then invite Ash to join her.
I wouldn´t mind a slight jealousy hint from Dawn at this moment, to beef
things up further! Then Dawn would go to Johto and Brock would finally retire and
settle in Pewter City, so it would be finally just the two of them!
[img128]http://freesmileyface.net/smiley/Love/love-154.GIF[/img128]

EarthBorn

ConVulATiON

Trust me, she will come. :)

I expect a little chit-chat between them. Depending on the time it takes for Sinnoh to get over, I expect the 2nd generation remakes might inspire the anime team to make Ash take a little detour through Johto, where I hope May accompanies him, but that wishful thinking. :|

I do expect a few questions from May about Sinnoh, in her usual chirpy way, and a few warm remarks about Ash's relationship with May and Max.

Apart from that, I've finally gotten to phase 3, so I've changed my signature. :D

Last edited:
Hey all! Long time shipper, I'm best known for my shippy art at DeviantART.
I felt like sharing my newest advanceshipping fanart. (Needs to figure out how to post the actual picture on forums, I've been here since 06 and I still don't know. Ashamed =_=)

http://jinxsatoharu.deviantart.com/art/AdvanceShipping-United-DP-123640817

I hope you like it! I am hugely influenced by suzu. More to come!

I'd like for her to be invited by Ash to his next journey. She has to be there at the end of the sinnoh journey since shes in Jhoto and maybe Ash might return to that region once Soul and Heart debut. *Im hoping* I don't want to have TOO much shipping all at once, lets take it slow and yet noticeable for us to catch. Like how all the Advanceshippy hints are in the past. :3 Them working together as a team always melts my heart. Id like to see that too.

-Jinx

beoderro

Unactive :(
For InsomniacJinx, cuute fanart ^^

Clear hints. For example, May/Ash says she/he have missed each other and things like that. <:

crisiscore

ZAP CANNON
hey guys! Not many responses in the last few days so I hope we can get a little bit more active with this new topic:

How do you think Ash and May would feel if they were constantly commented on how much of a great couple they look?

pokeadvanceshipper

Advanced Trainer
How do you think Ash and May would feel if they were constantly commented on how much of a great couple they look?

Uh, for the first few times they'll probably deny it with "we're not a couple and we're not happy" like they did in one of the episodes but eventually it might make them confess and start making me go ADVANCEshipping crazy!!!!!

Last edited:

May will surely have a little blushes in her cheeks, laugh loudly, flaps her arms like a pidgey and will say something like "We're not a great c-couple! We're just friends, really great friends!! really, I'm not lying!!" while Ash will be like "Couple?? is that another name for a double-battle partner or something??" ^^ Oh Ash....

Btw, I'm new here!! and I'm a #1 fan of Advanceshipping. YAY!!!

Hunter_RuLe

< Guess who's back?
Hey all! Long time shipper, I'm best known for my shippy art at DeviantART.
I felt like sharing my newest advanceshipping fanart. (Needs to figure out how to post the actual picture on forums, I've been here since 06 and I still don't know. Ashamed =_=)

http://jinxsatoharu.deviantart.com/art/AdvanceShipping-United-DP-123640817

I hope you like it! I am hugely influenced by suzu. More to come!

Here you go, Jinx:
[img139]http://fc00.deviantart.com/fs44/f/2009/145/5/3/AdvanceShipping_United_DP_by_JinxSatoHaru.png[/img139]

I must say iit looks lovely, it's good to see that great artists like yourself still make new advanceshipping art, even now the ship itself aswell as the community is kind of quiet at the moment.

buster_wolf

Shinnippori!
That is really good Jinx. It definitely have a strong influence from Suzu.

Like AutumnBunny said, May would definitely be flustered over the comments while Ash is... well, he just typically does what the does best. Be clueless. XD

Status
Not open for further replies.