• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Advanceshipping General Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Ditzy_Blonde

Since the last thread was closed, I've decided to create a new one. This thread is dedicated to Advanceshipping, or romance between Ash and May. I know this particular shipping is fairly new, but it has already gained a fair number of supporters and fans. Please feel free to discuss any possible hints or possible hints! Please dont go off topic and have this thread closed like the other one :(.

To kick things off, how do you guys think Ash and May will express their love for each other? I think they should start off slow. You know, a little flirting here and there, filled with all sort of blushing. Then, it will all lead up to one big romantic scene. That would be nice! What do you guys think? :)

Chatsy

Perverted Ash fan
I know that Ash is not the type for romance... so flirting?... nah.. blushing?... it's possible... big romantic scene? Likely not...

but I still believe that May will be the one throwing the hints.. like every other girl have done :p
I just don't see Ash as the type for romance... ever! it doesn't suit his... personality, or his style.. IMO anyway..

D

Ditzy_Blonde

May throwing all the hints wouldn't tottaly suck, but I would like to see Ash not play the role of the typical clueless boy. He's capable of having romantic feelings Im sure.​

W

WaterBlaster

Ditzy_Blonde said:
He's capable of having romantic feelings Im sure.​

*lol* I'm pretty sure he is, but I think it might take some time before he realizes it! :D

D

Ditzy_Blonde

WaterBlaster said:
*lol* I'm pretty sure he is, but I think it might take some time before he realizes it! :D

With two beautiful women like May and Misty chasing for his heart, he had better. :) I would love to see Ash showing a more romantic side towards May. They would make such a cute couple!​

W

WaterBlaster

Ditzy_Blonde said:
With two beautiful women like May and Misty chasing for his heart, he had better. :)

:D True, but all is not lost. He has enjoyed the ocasional kiss or two he gets on the cheek by other girls. Plus, he did go pretty 'ga-ga' over Giselle's looks in "The School of Hard Knocks". :) So, maybe someday he will notice them...
Is May a shy person? When it comes to the 'love' subject? Because we all know Ash is 'dense' *lol* when it comes down to that, but what about May?

D

Ditzy_Blonde

WaterBlaster said:

Is May a shy person? When it comes to the 'love' subject? Because we all know Ash is 'dense' *lol* when it comes down to that, but what about May?

I dont think so. In the Illumise and Volbeat episode (Forgot the title) She mentioned something about love being a beautiful thing. She even winked at Ash ^_~.​

W

WaterBlaster

Ditzy_Blonde said:
I dont think so. In the Illumise and Volbeat episode (Forgot the title) She mentioned something about love being a beautiful thing. She even winked at Ash ^_~.​

Oh, yeah! I've heard of that episode! (According to the main site, the japanese name is "Volbeat & Illumise! Dance of Love!"; episode number 318.) There's a picture of that somewhere in the last Advanceshipping thread, isn't there? :D And, of course, Ash looks as clueless as ever... *sighs*

M

May Ledian19

I think Ash really loves May, but he's probably got one of those "I'm so big and strong and cool and could never be in love with any girl" attitudes. May, on the other hand, is the exact oppisite. I think that she is more shy than embarresed about her feelings. But in the Volbeat and Illumise episode, she when she winks, I think that was her way of saying "Ash, I'm in love with you!" :267:

D

Ditzy_Blonde

Ah! That's so sweet! I wouldn't be suprised at all if the writers decided to go ahead with Advanceshipping. May is extremely popular in Japan, and her liking Ash could be a perfect excuse to keep her on the show (Even though she has her Contests, which are really cute).​

W

WaterBlaster

May Ledyba19 said:
I think Ash really loves May, but he's probably got one of those "I'm so big and strong and cool and could never be in love with any girl" attitudes.

Really? I can't imagine Ash LOVING anybody... Maybe a crush, but loving? Humm...

Ditzy_Blonde said:
...her liking Ash could be a perfect excuse to keep her on the show​

Well, May is a great character. She doesn't really need another reason to stay! :)

X

xDarkNazgulx

WaterBlaster said:
Really? I can't imagine Ash LOVING anybody... Maybe a crush, but loving? Humm...

If u mean by "loving anybody" does that mean relatives too WaterBlaster?
I wonder if Ash did any winking to May during his adventures?

M

May Ledian19

I don't know about Ash winking, but he's a suprising person, so you never know. May and Ash could be twins, they look so much alike. They are the perfect match. That's why they belong TOGETHER!! :036:

W

WaterBlaster

xDarkNazgulx said:
If u mean by "loving anybody" does that mean relatives too WaterBlaster?

*lol* I obviously mean the romantic way, xDarkNazgulx. NO relatives are involved... :D

May Ledyba19 said:
I don't know about Ash winking, but he's a suprising person, so you never know. May and Ash could be twins, they look so much alike. They are the perfect match. That's why they belong TOGETHER!!

Eww... That sounds freaky, because you said they could be twins AND they're the perfect match... :p Just kidding! I know what you mean! ;)

A

AdvAncEd_Grl

I dont really think that Ash will be intereated in girls until he realizes that a girl says she likes him when he is a bit older, because boys are clueless when it comes to love sometimes, and girls are more interested in it that is why girls sometimes play match maker! I hope that May and Ash get together! And to Nintendo or whatever, why do you have to Ash so clueless???!!

W

Wolf Goddess

Hmm... I think Ash could love a girl. If I wrote the show...*goes on and on about Ugila* But I think Ash and May would make a cute couple. Misty may (pun intended) not come back, and everyone else who has liked him have been a 1 shot that never have been featured again. Right now, May is the most likely.

W

WaterBlaster

Shining Sierra said:
Hmm... I think Ash could love a girl.

I think he could too, but in the future... :p For now, he doesn't seem to care much.
Hey, I was watching "A Tail With a Twist" yesterday (BTW, it was SO cool! :D) and I thought of this:
Torchic was in trouble and Treecko saved it. But 'ya see, just a few minutes ago Max had said that a Pokémon's personality depended a lot on its trainer's personality. So think about it: Torchic (May) saved by Treecko (Ash)... It's not a hint, but kind of fun to think about. I like picking up stuff like this throughout the anime... :p

W

WaterBlaster

Chatsy said:
:eek:
That is....TRUE!!! o_O;;;;;
And pretty cute when you think about it ^///////////////////^
Haven't though of that... nice done :p

*lol* Thank you. It's fun to do this. You all should try it! :p I'm not sure of what Max said EXACTLY, but it was something around those lines... :)

Chatsy

Perverted Ash fan
Well, Prof. Oak said it too, for a LONG time ago... so it IS true! *shock*
*adds the theory to the hint list*
Ill still stick with the Torkoal episode where Ash saved May... that look she had on her face when Ash was saving her, was priceless!!

Status
Not open for further replies.