• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Advanceshipping General Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gaiash

Champion Scientist

kawaii serebii

PokeSpe Collector
Whoa, nice arts guys. I'm gonna comment on them in DA. OK, back on the current topic:

Since May has gone for now, do you keep yourself occupied with fanart/fanfiction or do you find yourself delving into other fandoms?

I do keep myself an AdvanceShipper by looking for more fanarts (which are lesser than my IkariShipping ones) and reading fanfics. And since DP is the latest series now, I delved into another fandom, IkariShipping. I still kept my belief that Ash and May are meant for each other so I didn't turn to PearlShipping. And CavalierShipping seems somewhat alien to me, IMO.

Melody93

<--Yay New me!
Okay Melody thats only what u think.
Here we think Ash will have a more happy reaction to see May again.
thats why this is called and Advanceshipping thread and Not a Pokeshipping thread. Please respect our opinions.

Sure I said Ash will hate to see May again and love to see Misty more:

Melody93 said:
It amazes me advanceshipping still popular. It's really inspirational! I'm interested in how May will show up again and how Ash will react. I admit even as the suicidal pokeshipper May and Ash were really close friends and know Ash will be happy to see her again (despit his reaction to Misty lol)

Stop taking things I said out of context I'm only saying this because you thought I was being rude and I wasn't even trying. With where May is now near you know who it wonderful that you'll still believe means ya'll are really strong like us pokeshippers and personally May and Ash had a bond Ash haven't had with another girl yet (face it he'll be with like a million by the time it ends) Better than Misty bossing him around and May was a girl who doubted herself like Ash. What do you want me to say May and Ash are lovers? Honestly I agree with you Ash will be way more happy to see May he's more comfortable with her unlike feelling annoyed with Misty. Don't judge me for my custom title name.

Thanks to those who like my vid!^^

razr12

Your Mom's Trainer
Since May has gone for now, do you keep yourself occupied with fanart/fanfiction or do you find yourself delving into other fandoms?

I don't really read the Fanfics since I don't want to mess up my vision. But I do keep up with the fanart.

Last edited by a moderator:

Chelc

And LordVutax, Melody did not mean any harm by posting her AMV - she was simply sharing it with everyone here because it contained Advanceshipping. Just because she's a Pokeshipper, doesn't mean she completely hates Advanceshipping/can't post here, okay?

I guess fanart/fanfiction, though I'm not exactly the biggest Advanceshipper. ^^;; There are still a lot of great fanarts and fanfiction out there for Advanceshipping, so yeah - you guys are lucky. :p

Last edited:

S. Muffin

I write and read fanfiction and fanart is always fun to look at. I've been trying to draw some of my own, but I haven't been able to finish any of the things I started. And I do like other fandoms, but it's not because May left the show.

What was the defining moment that caused you to like Advanceshipping?

Ooh, I like this question ^_^

Okay, okay, the moment that first attracted me to advanceshipping was when in the first(?) advance generation episode, Ash bent down on one knee telling May he would save Torchic for her when Team Rocket took him away. It made me go "awww, how adorable!" Well, okay, it wasn't the first, maybe it was the third episode...

ChloboShoka

Writer
Well, I was reading a fan fic called 'Getting some of Satoshi finally' It was about Haruka trying to do Satoshi and I was like 'OMG this fic so totally rules! It's so hot and great and so is SatoHaru.'
It's the fan fics and art that made me love advanceshipping. May is my favorite character, and Ash is the main character. I usually pair my fav character with the main character anyway. Thus, becoming an advanceshipper.

RobSp1derp1g

On my way...

I think it was the 9th movie..., the Luvdisc scene
before that I didn't even knew what "shipping" was
now I'm all over AdvanceShipping

LordVurtax

Definetley Pokemon Ranger and the Sea Temple when the Luvdisc began to form around Ash and May. I did some research on Luvdisc and heres all the Pokedex entrees on it:

Ruby:Luvdisc live in shallow seas in the tropics. This heart-shaped Pokémon earned its name by swimming after loving couples it spotted in the ocean's waves.

Sapphire:Luvdisc's heart-shaped body is a symbol of love and romance. It is said that any couple meeting this Pokémon is promised a loving relationship that never ends.

Emerald:Luvdisc make the branches of Corsola their nests. There is a custom from long ago of giving a Luvdisc as a gift to express one's feelings of love.

Firered/Leafgreen: During the spawning season, countless Luvdisc congregate at coral reefs, turning the waters pink

Diamond/Pearl:It lives in warm seas. It is said that a couple finding this Pokémon will be blessed with eternal love.

(all entrees are produced by bulbapedia) HOW DOES THAT NOT PROVE TO BE THAT ASH AND MAY WILL BE TOGETHER? All except firered/leafgreen talk about love anf even then they only talk about their affect on the ocean! Isn't this obvious or what?!!!

swampert55

I started thinking about it in the AG, but what really made me believe in this ship is in the first BF episode, where May decides to continue traveling with Ash even though she is unaware that contests would take place in Kanto.

S. Muffin

When I first saw that there was going to be a new girl on the show, I thought that she and Ash would look cute together, but that was before I even knew what shipping was. But after watching the first episode of AG and finding this place that's when I really started to support it.

razr12

Your Mom's Trainer
The Bicker the Better. You can't tell me that isn't a good shipping scene.

Would you rather see a kiss scene between Ash and May in an episode or a movie

LordVurtax

thats a toghie, movies are more outspoken. But if it's in the show, it's going to be followed up on. So i'd say the show.

cichawk

<-- It looks SILLY

How about both because they eventually become a couple and so they can kiss whenever they want because they're a couple and everything so it's only natural since they're together and all so they'd kiss in the show and movie and stuff. /end run on setence

ChloboShoka

Writer
I would like to see that either way. I think Ash and May should have kissed some time ago. I've always liked the idea of putting Ash and May in Naruto for a week. As a NaruHina fan, I had an idea that May and/or Ash could help Hinata have the confidence to admit her feelings for Naruto. Then Ash and May realise they have feelings for eachother and they become a couple as well. Just an idea.

Last edited:

Master_in_Training

Future Master
A kiss scene in a movie would not be elaborated upon since most Pokemon movies are of vague continuity. But, a kiss scene in an episode could leave continuity for the series writers to explore, so I choose the latter.
EDIT: Write an Advanceshippy new year's resolution for Ash and May. One or both lists can do.
Ash:

-Be more aware of feelings of others, especially May!
-Never let others(cough*Drew*cough) get the upper hand in getting May's affection.
May:
-Man, I never thought anything about this one...

Last edited:

swampert55

I would say an episode, as the movies' storylines have no apparent impact on the main series. If it occurred in an episode, it would be more likely to induce a chain reaction than if it was in a chronologically seperate movie.

Status
Not open for further replies.