• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Advanceshipping General Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vixtro

Would you rather see a kiss scene between Ash and May in an episode or a movie

In a film would be cool cause it would probably be very dramatic but I would prefer it in the series as like mostly everyone else has been saying; the series has strong continuity and would be followed up on.

Melody93

<--Yay New me!
What was the defining moment that caused you to like Advanceshipping?

Definetley Pokemon Ranger and the Sea Temple when the Luvdisc began to form around Ash and May. I did some research on Luvdisc and heres all the Pokedex entrees on it:

Ruby:Luvdisc live in shallow seas in the tropics. This heart-shaped Pokémon earned its name by swimming after loving couples it spotted in the ocean's waves.

Sapphire:Luvdisc's heart-shaped body is a symbol of love and romance. It is said that any couple meeting this Pokémon is promised a loving relationship that never ends.

Emerald:Luvdisc make the branches of Corsola their nests. There is a custom from long ago of giving a Luvdisc as a gift to express one's feelings of love.

Firered/Leafgreen: During the spawning season, countless Luvdisc congregate at coral reefs, turning the waters pink

Diamond/Pearl:It lives in warm seas. It is said that a couple finding this Pokémon will be blessed with eternal love.

(all entrees are produced by bulbapedia) HOW DOES THAT NOT PROVE TO BE THAT ASH AND MAY WILL BE TOGETHER? All except firered/leafgreen talk about love anf even then they only talk about their affect on the ocean! Isn't this obvious or what?!!!
So it wasn't until the 9th movie that you starting liking Advanceshipping?! JK I really need to stop picking on you. EDIT: come to think of it it was the 9th movie that made me like advanceshipping for the first time like when Ash put May in the capsule thing and May was so worried I really realized how sweet it was that they care for one another before I really didn't want to like it. But those definitions are so cool this is why I hate that Ash never saw Misty's Luvdisc. I'm actually saving all those luvdisc's definitions you gave. Do you actually have all the games or did you look some up on the internet? Also wondering if the japanese definitions is the same.

Would you rather see a kiss scene between Ash and May in an episode or a movie

Movies always does a better job. Sadly I think it unlikey to happen in a movie well because May's movies are probably over and it seems the 5th was Ash's last movie kiss scene (which I hate that I actually went to see it on the big screen because of the whole close up thing and it was last pokemon movie in theatres in america) An episode still can be romantic in a cute kinda way. Like in Love at first flight and the three times pokemon actually kiss on the lips in episodes.

[img139]http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a343/Melody1989/advancecommentary015_0001.jpg[/img139]
[img139]http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a343/Melody1989/vlcsnap-108556.jpg[/img139]
http://pdxplus.main.jp/

Thess is soo cute but Pd+ doesn't have them on their site anymore and I got them from amvs and could tell they were pd+ so if anyone has the originals please post them.

Also in the 10th movie:
http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a343/Melody1989/vlcsnap-260892.jpg
http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a343/Melody1989/vlcsnap-261687.jpg
The kisses show up so maybe they're not over.

Write an Advanceshippy new year's resolution for Ash and May. One or both lists can do.
New Year's 2010 will be a big shippers celebration

Ash: Show someone May's other half of the riddon I mean Misty's hanky and lure showed up after she left so why not do the same with May.
http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a343/Melody1989/119528065676.jpg also from pd+

May: Send Ash something to remind him of you.

Last edited:

LordVurtax

No that is not the case.

It was the moment that i knew i would be a die-hard Advanceshipper

And those pokedex writings are from Bulbapedia. The only pedia sight that is never wrong

Last edited:

Hunter_RuLe

< Guess who's back?
Too bad Anime =/= games, but the Luvdisk should be meaning atleast something. The animaters of the pokemon films and serie really know how to give slight hints on all those Ash ships without continuing it decently. But well, I guess this 'tease' is nice too, 'cause atleast we have a lot to think, discuss and write about.

For me it was the episode were Ash met May that did the trick. Though it's official one of the first episodes of the advanced series, it certainly wasn't the first I saw. I wasn't watching pokemon anymore during the filler years of Johto and I wachted an advance episode by coincedence and I really liked the pokemon anime again. The first time that I saw how May tricked Ash into traveling with her I knew that I was going to like this ship.

Gazmof

Zephyr Trainer
Too bad Anime =/= games, but the Luvdisk should be meaning atleast something.
I think the anime has always done quite well at considering the in-game Pokedex descriptions, despite their occasional type blunder or things like that. I remember seeing that the Chronicles had an episode which featured Luvdisc quite heavily and had numerous "trainers who see these things fall in love" moments. I think Movie 9 was full of definite and deliberate hints - a last hurrah for Advanceshipping, I'd say.

May's introduction :D Well, moreso than that - just seeing them interact was very refreshing for me, as I've mentioned many times before in this thread, I'm sure.

come to think of it it was the 9th movie that made me like advanceshipping for the first time

*dazed* Wait, you're an advanceshipper? Like, really? When did this happen? Last I remembered, you were a pokeshipper.... wow....I really need to post on here more.

Btw, those pics are adorable, I wish I could find such cute AS pics! *squeals*

ChloboShoka

Writer
Melody, Welcome to the thread. I don't think you recieved a proper welcome. So welcome anyway. Thanks for the links.

It seems like the luvdisc scene is popular amongst advanceshippers. Well I liked the scene too. ^_^

Would you still be an advanceshipper in the next 5 years?

NO! That would be forever even I'm reborn into an animal, a rich guy, a poor guy or whatever, I'll find a way to regain my memories an an Advanceshipper.

razr12

Your Mom's Trainer

Most likely not. Shippings are girly and I'm not really into them that much. Probably the main reason I became an AS is because I always hated Drew and seeing him with May was not my thing to see.

Last edited:

LordVurtax

As long as the series Ends out with Ash not being with any girl, or either with May or Dawn (I admire pearlshipping slightly) if him and Dawn are together at the end i will be a Pearlshipper. But thats even if the series end in the next five years. At this rate of being the most succeful Nintendo franchise despite Mario; it aint going anywhere.

But if the worst is to come and Ash is with (shudders) Ah i can't say it! I will still be an Advanceshipper anyway. So yes i will still be an Advanceshipper in the next 5 years

RobSp1derp1g

On my way...

I wil remain an Advanceshipper for as long as I live! unless something bad happens (I hope not...)

swampert55

I will still be here unless one of the opposing ships becomes canon, which is highly improbable.

LordVurtax

Hey i got good news from Sharpblade or also known as Shap-pokemaster
The Tenth Pokemon movie shows the Luvdisc scene at the beginning of the movie as they took clips from each movie and made it into a kinda slashback thing.

So out of all the scenes they use, they use the Luvdisc scene. What does that tell us?

swampert55

So out of all the scenes they use, they use the Luvdisc scene. What does that tell us?
Out of the entire movie, Ash remembers the Luvdisc scene, which is undeniable Advanceshipping support, the most. Therefore, he most remembers his relationship with May.

RobSp1derp1g

On my way...

Maybe that AdvanceShipping is about to become canon (I wish to see that day)

Status
Not open for further replies.