• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Advanceshipping General Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jbstormburst

AdvanceShipping Gen.
You know, I just realized something about that fanart posted before: it actually is correct, even with the hat. Why? Look at it like this: one of the flaws about the way the original scene was drawn was that there was almost no difference in depth perception at all. However, if you look at the picture closely, note that you can see a bit of the hat at the left side. Normally, you wouldn't see that, but, considering the fact that the brim is on May's left side could validate one theory: what if Ash twisted his head a bit to the right?

riolulu

<riolulu_sppf.exe>
You know, I just realized something about that fanart posted before: it actually is correct, even with the hat. Why? Look at it like this: one of the flaws about the way the original scene was drawn was that there was almost no difference in depth perception at all. However, if you look at the picture closely, note that you can see a bit of the hat at the left side. Normally, you wouldn't see that, but, considering the fact that the brim is on May's left side could validate one theory: what if Ash twisted his head a bit to the right?

hhmmmm *stares at pic and ponders* you're right. It looks like he twisted his hat towards whoever's veiwing the pic. Ash is smart, he knows that to kiss May he has to have his hat out of the way, and being Ash, he didn't take it off because he's lazy. You are smart for noticing that. I praise you.

~riolulu

kawaii serebii

PokeSpe Collector
Either way, it was faked. Because I have the Japanese version of the movie and re-watched 9 times (and another 5 times with my brother) and saw nothing of the sort. But you gotta praise the editor for that =D

Jbstormburst

AdvanceShipping Gen.
No, it was actually rumored this shot was in the Japanese version of, "Take a House and Shuppet," or something very similar. When I saw your post, I was honestly LOLing, because I think everyone would know about it if it was in the movie.

Last edited:

kawaii serebii

PokeSpe Collector
No, it was actually rumored this shot was in the Japanese version of, "Take a House and Shuppet," or something very similar. When I saw your post, I was honestly LOLing, because I think everyone would know about it if it was in the movie.
*laughs* So they took the movie and that episode and blended them into a supposed screenshot? Again, they are rumors. I'm not downloading an episode and spend a week trying to get all 100% of it just because of a rumor.

DaveTheFishGuy

Fish Trainer
Is there anything you would change about Advanceshipping?

Hmmm........ making Ash less dense? :D

Honestly, that's all I've got, so I'll quietly move on and wait for someone to give a proper answer....

Miss-ADV

Grand Coordinater
@ Miss-ADV: I love your siggy. did you draw the picture?
I wish I could, but no......^^;But I'm trying to learn Suzu's drawing style, cuz I like it so much^-^ (If you look on the right bottom you see that there's standing Suzu, her name)

Actually yes...... Making Ash less Dense^^ (Dunno if that counts^__^) And Nothing else actually.

Which picture do you mean?^,^

Last edited:

kawaii serebii

PokeSpe Collector
I would change their interaction into something more than friendship, kick out Max, and get Brock to catch Bonsly earlier so that he can be kept out of the poicture more often XDDD The Brock part was joking of course. I don't think I'll change anything about them in particular. I like how their personalities are so similar. I just find Ash is very very very clueless when it comes to romance and I'll definitely change that if I'm the writer.

Hunter_RuLe

< Guess who's back?
First of all I want to say that Gazmof, Uza-chan and myself have been working on the both the last post of this thread as the first post of the new thread, a big thank you for everyone who helped. I think we are now almost ready, so you guys can expect the restart to happen quite soon (probably this weekend). Now the current topic:

Nothing is perfect, so our beloved ship isn't either. But I've got to say that I actually like the little flaws our ship has, it makes the relation seem more real imo. Ofcourse it would be nice to see Ash a little less dense for a change, so love feelings could develop much easier, but then again him being clueless gave us many cute moments aswell. It would be to much out of character if Ash cared more about love then about his friends/pokemon, besides personally I wouldn't even like Ash and May to be 'kissy-kissy' all the time.

A change I would like to see is the writers giving Ash and May more alone time, so they can become even closer and maybe even talk about something else than just pokemon (Maybe about feelings, or even about dating as Gaiash said xD). I also would've liked it if Ash gave May a mention when he found out that Dawn wanted to be a coordinater herself. It would also be cool if someone like Max/Brock teased May more about her feelings for Ash or if Ash came to brock for advice about his feelings.

Well make Ash actually show more hints but i think thats all really. everything eles is fine. May shows enough hints to show she likes him.

Sonic15

May Fanboy
There arn't enough hints in the show. Even if there are, they're very minor.
An example would be all of Ash's friends hanging from a cliff, and Ash reaches out for May's hand first

riolulu

<riolulu_sppf.exe>

ummmmm.....I guess I would have Max be on a 24/7 teasing spree. He owuld majorly bother May and Ash until they almost want to date just to shut him up. XD

~riolulu

Mayziken

Advanceshipping<3

Too bad the rumor is not true:( I have that episode in Japanese and English version and it is not close for that to happen

Umm... no not really, maybe kick Max out and give Ash and May much more alone time, also some more hints:)

Last edited:

Jbstormburst

AdvanceShipping Gen.
I know it's not true. Just making a point.

Well, I'd get rid of Max for a bit (maybe a couple of episodes, or have him leave randomly for an episode, and have him return at the end), then use that opportunity to add a hint or two (a blush, a stuttered response to a question important to, "them," perhaps a kiss at or near the end of AG, etc.).

riolulu

<riolulu_sppf.exe>

Umm... no not really, maybe kick Max out and give Ash and May much more alone time, also some more hints:)

ggrr eveyone wants to kick Max out!!! :C I like Max, he's cute! And he could add to advanceshippy-ness in the anime! ...right?

~riolulu

Well Max does annoy me in the episode but they pokemon team put Max for a reason not to kick him out.

EarthBorn

ConVulATiON
Good to know that the thread will be up soon. You three deserve a pat on the back. :)

As Dave said, Making Ash less dense would be the first priority. I mean, seriously, come on - he's too dense for his own good.
With that little blockade gone, we get more hints. More hints = more shippyness = more happiness. For us at least. ;)

DaveTheFishGuy

Fish Trainer
Yeah, good work Hunter. You three appear to have been working really hard, which will make it all the sweeter when the new thread is up.

On-topic though, Making Ash less dense is a bit of a double-edged sword. Sure, it opens up more AdvanceShippyness, but it also opens up more hints for other Ash ships. It's a case of: Be Careful What You Wish For...

I seriously worry about Ash though. If he isn't careful, he'll become so dense that he'll collapse in on himself and form a Supermassive Black Hole....

Sorry, I'm a big Muse fan :D

Status
Not open for further replies.