• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Advanceshipping General Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
Would you volunteer to help tutor Ash in love for his chances with May to rise?

Teach Ash about love?. LOL!. i wouldn't even try becoz no matter how hard i try Ash wouldn't understand a thing. Ash will just have to learn about love on his own.

Last edited:

Miss-ADV

Grand Coordinater
If I could I would atleast try XD.....But I don't think it would help>_<

Originally Posted by DaveTheFishGuy

I would, however, my skills in that department are somewhat lacking. I can be almost as dense as Ash sometimes (specifically, when girls are flirting with me). This is bad, considering I'll turn 20 in 5 weeks...

If I had the skills, then I'd teach Ash inna heartbeat! No fear there!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sp1derp1g
That's true, pal. I'm a bit younger than you, and my luck in that departent is like yours...

But I would, no questions there.

And then we are 3 in the same boat. I'm only a year younger then you DaveTheFishGuy so i now how you feel

But i would at last have tried to teach Ash something

I'm A LOT younger than you all....... And I know more of Love than you do XD!! I think^^;;

Has somebody has seen this pic before?!! I've seen the whole movie twice but i did not saw this!. I dunno I've found it on some forum thingy and Can somebody translate it?

[IMG139]http://i286.photobucket.com/albums/ll89/Miss-ADV/PkmRanger.jpg[/IMG139]

Gazmof

Zephyr Trainer
Great find, Miss-ADV ^^ *adds to Photobucket*

I remember seeing those screens posted before in the run-up to Movie 9. Unfortunately I think they're deleted scenes (which is a shame; looks like that could've made for a really shippy scene; not that that movie wasn't shippy enough already, of course ^^;;).

I wouldn't tutor him, but I'd start pointing things out for him.

Gaz: Hey, May's looking pretty cute in that bathing suit right there, huh?
Ash: *spits out soda*
Gaz: You should say something to her. Tell her how nice she looks or something.
Ash: I, uh... *nosebleed*

Is there anything you would change about Advanceshipping?

I'd shove Max out of the way more often. He really did steal the show sometimes when we could've had more shippiness - why didn't they just palm Brock off with him and let the shippiness commence?

Also, great job Uza-chan - now I finally know what fics to read when I have some spare time :p

kawaii serebii

PokeSpe Collector
Has somebody has seen this pic before?!! I've seen the whole movie twice but i did not saw this!. I dunno I've found it on some forum thingy and Can somebody translate it?

Where did the forum get it from? Anyway, it says: "Special Appearance', some Japanese name, "Bekki' O____O wait, who's Bekki?!?

Gaiash

Champion Scientist

Those are trailer scenes. When a movie is coming out various scenes are made that don't fit into the film itself, many of which involve Pikachu in danger and one famous example was Mewtwo in the 3rd movie trailer. Another thing these scenes do is hide a Pokemon in the shadows, especially a new Pokemon.

kawaii serebii

PokeSpe Collector
All the more reason we should stock up trailers. But who is the 'Bekki' in the shots? There's Hiromi, Ship, and Hiromi's mum and dad and Phantom and Jack Walker, but no Bekki

Gaiash

Champion Scientist
But who is the 'Bekki' in the shots? There's Hiromi, Ship, and Hiromi's mum and dad and Phantom and Jack Walker, but no Bekki
Becky is an actress in the movie. She plays Judy. She also played Kidd from the 8th movie and Hitomi/Rebecca from the 7th movie.

Last edited:

kawaii serebii

PokeSpe Collector
Just saw the trailer. Like you said Gaiash, a lot of scenes that are not found in the movie. The two images Miss ADV put up, they were shown being flushed away by a strong wave. Also, since when was Manaphy hatched in the container O____O;;;

Miss-ADV

Grand Coordinater
Great find, Miss-ADV ^^ *adds to Photobucket*

I remember seeing those screens posted before in the run-up to Movie 9. Unfortunately I think they're deleted scenes (which is a shame; looks like that could've made for a really shippy scene; not that that movie wasn't shippy enough already, of course ^^;;).
Thanks^^...... It would be sweet if we could see the movie with all of the scenes^__^And Maybe even more shippy scenes, We already have many so we shoulen't complain........ But I really want to see it^^;;

Those are trailer scenes. When a movie is coming out various scenes are made that don't fit into the film itself, many of which involve Pikachu in danger and one famous example was Mewtwo in the 3rd movie trailer. Another thing these scenes do is hide a Pokemon in the shadows, especially a new Pokemon.
Thanks here in Holland the don't show such trailers....>,<

And Thanks Kawaii Serebii for the translating=)

http://nl.youtube.com/watch?v=GoZNtZ08-AE&feature=related < Japenese
http://nl.youtube.com/watch?v=vVMTXGYlqtM < English

There where also different scene's like the Japenese like the one from 0:45 to 0:47 I want to see the whole movie!!!>_<

RobSp1derp1g

On my way...
I should watch those trailers...

Anyway, Uza-chan, can you include the song thingy I made?
It would make a good thing for an ASer...

Hunter_RuLe

< Guess who's back?
Very nice finds Miss-ADV! Too bad the anime makers don't make official dvd's of each movie with all the deleted scenes in extra's. And you are also right about pokemon in holland, we never got much at all, but atleast the dub's okay.

To everyone that wants to make his/her last post in this thread, act quick as my next post tonight will be the last post before we shut this thread down and start the new one =)

EarthBorn

ConVulATiON
Hunter_RuLe said:
Very nice finds Miss-ADV! Too bad the anime makers don't make official dvd's of each movie with all the deleted scenes in extra's. And you are also right about pokemon in holland, we never got much at all, but atleast the dub's okay.

To everyone that wants to make his/her last post in this thread, act quick as my next post tonight will be the last post before we shut this thread down and start the new one =)

Overall, It's been a pleasant an (mostly) smooth journey in this little region of cyberspace. Kudos to the entire advanceshipping community for progressing this far, and may we all raise our ideas to even more monumental heights!

I've been here for just over and year, and even in that (relatively) short time, I have witnessed the small ups-and-down we've had lately, including some moments where this thread deteriorated, and some when archival posts were made. Even so, I hope that the next thread is even better, and more memorable for us advanceshippers, and all shippers alike. :)

I eagerly anticipate Advanceshipping General Discussion NEXT. :D Thanks again to Gazmof, Hunter, Uza-chan and Chelc for making the move possible!

PS...Sorry for the crap

RobSp1derp1g

On my way...
Well, Hunter asked us to make our last post... and so I did.
I have been in this thread for a while and I had many ups and downs, just like the thread.
I hope the new thread will bring great times along with it.
Now, 3 cheers for Gazmof, Uza.chan and Hunter for making all of this possible!!!!

Jave

draws cute stuff
I posted very sparsely on this topic, but I think a fresh start will help all the new and active Advanceshippers know each other better.

Here's to a new beginning. Or The Advanceshipping Thread 2.0

Can I have my own last words...? xD; *shot*

Oh, I still can't believe this is happening! =D I can't believe we're getting a new thread~! And I know it'll be just as awesome, if not more, than this thread.

So okay, some parting words: I guess I've been here for a long time, since 2006 :eek: Well, okay, two years worth, not that long, and at the beginning, I was such a n00b (probably still am :3). But in my two years of on-and-off again posting, I have to say, I've never felt so welcomed in a thread. I'll admit: there were times when I wanted to leave advanceshipping/shipping in whole because of various reasons, but I was reminded why I was here by fellow advanceshippers, posting in the first place: It wasn't only because of the ship, but the people as well. The people who helped me grow from being a n00b to (hopefully) a respected shipping member. And when I did start supporting rival ships of advanceshipping, nobody treated me different or asked why I was supporting all three ships in the first place. I guess now, when I think about it, the only reason I came to sppf and made an account in the first place was so I could post here in this thread.

Anyway, a lot of the shippers I used to talk with no longer post in this thread or post once in a blue moon, but in their absence, new shippers have come, with different takes on advanceshipping. So I hope we keep going like that, keep going strong together, supporting our ship even though Ash and May are no longer together, showing the other shippers that ASers can be strong too. And most importantly, let's go on, making AS history, so other lurkers like I used to be can look at this thread and think: Hey, I want to post here! :)

Gazmof

Zephyr Trainer
*sneaks in with no-one noticing*

Yeah, Uza-chan really summed it up for me just now - this thread is the whole reason I signed up for this forum. The atmosphere has always been pretty friendly and easy-going and I never felt particularly intimidated or as if my posts were falling on deaf ears. All in all I'd say us Advanceshippers have a high respect for each other and that also gives us a lot of credibility amongst the community.

So yeah, looking back I'm going to miss this thread and the good times it's shown us. Advanceshipping was once possibly the flagship 'ship during the Hoenn arc and it's good to see that it has never been a flash-in-the-pan thing and we still have a solid fanbase regardless of May's absence from the main series. Here's to a great new thread which builds on the history of this one, whilst also creating its own repertoire of great posts, and to a thread that will unite Advanceshippers both old and new.

Thanks to every Advanceshipper for making this thread so great. See you on the front page!

Jbstormburst

AdvanceShipping Gen.
Well, what can I say about this place that hasn't been said. This thread is basically considered the ultimate archive to most AdvanceShippers who ever went to the Big 4. I mean, not even my site or even ASU will never get as in-depth into the topic. Well, it's been a nice time here, and I'm making sure I post in the new thread. Also, before Uza-san leaves, note the links I added to my previous post. Well, see you in the new thread!!

Also, before Uza-san leaves, note the links I added to my previous post. Well, see you in the new thread!!

Sp1derp1g said:
Anyway, Uza-chan, can you include the song thingy I made?
It would make a good thing for an ASer...

Aw, you guys are really cool and everything, for leaving us the links. But it seems that Gazmof already has the new thread ready and in order to add a place for links, he would have to rearrange the post (just because he's one of those neat people)

And, even though we linked to advanceshippy stuff in the first post, we weren't planning on having any websites added. Just fanfics/fanart/banners ^^

And Sp1derp1g, I would add the songs, but if I remember correctly, they're songs that remind people of advanceshipping and not actual advanceshipping songs, so we can't add that either.

Sorry guys~! ;-;

Hunter_RuLe

< Guess who's back?
Last Post : End of an Era

The Advanceshipping Thread History

Like all good things, this discussion about one of the most popular relations in the Pokemon anime had to come to an end. After more than 4 years full of upsides and downsides, that time has come today. Though it’s not the beginning of the end for our beloved ship, it’s just the end of the beginning.

When Ditzy_Blonde made this thread on 12 March 2004 the Advanced Generation as well as the relationship between Ash and May was still pretty new and exciting. Old regulars like CyberCubed and Chatsy had high hopes for the pairing between the Pallet Pokemon trainer and the young coordinater as they where still following the the episodes of the Advanced Generation and Battle Frontier, which were brand new at those days. Many scenes, hints and screenshots have been discussed, which also lead to some heavy debates between Advanceshippers and Contestshippers. To keep this thread clean from all sorts of bashing a special debate thread was created for that. It was opened by one of the main CSers Jo-Jo, while CyberCubed used to be the anchorman for AS. For those who are interested, the debate thread is quite a nice read and can be found here.

Some of the early regulars like STJ, Gaiash, Revolutionary Destiny and Sushi are still active today and have contributed hundreds of posts to this thread. Many topics about the way Ash and May interacted have been created and answered by them. Another popular question was ‘What makes Advanceshipping so special?’. Of course there are a lot of different answers to this question, but most members agreed with a couple of things; Ash and May’s relationship is built on a very strong friendship on which both of them can trust whenever they need to. Unlike other popular ships the Satoshi and Haruka always tend to support each other in their decisions instead of arguing with each other. Overmore the two Pokemon travelers are very similar to each other. They are both are really determined, love their pokemon (which are also really similar) as much as anything and even share the same passion for food. The characters of this ship are two of the most popular characters in the anime and even many non-advanceshippers find the mentor/student relationship between Satoshi and Haruka really adorable.

Another thing that helped this thread gain popularity are all the amazing fanarts, fanfics and ADV’s that are contributed to the ship. Aamayl is blessed with some of the best fanartists. Arts from Suzuko, PD+, Hirogarusora, Jinx, Raven, Busterwolf, Judgement and many others gave this thread color. Advanceshipping Videos from some of our own regulars brought the thread even more alive.

Last but certainly not least are the fanfics. They have been a quite important aspect in getting and keeping us all into advanceshipping. Uzamaki Hinata has listed some of the best fanfics our shipping has to offer. I would like to encourge all new shippers, aswell as everyone else who is interested, into reading one of these famous fics.

Now I would like to conclude this last post with a few words from my fellow future owners:

Uzamaki Hinata said:
Out of all the shipping threads I post at, the AS thread is the only one I keep coming back to. I'm really happy with the way we represent ourselves. For the most part when people think of Advanceshippers, they don't think "Bashers" or "n00bs", instead the advanceshippers are seen as fairly intelligent shippers (I hope xD; ) And I hope we continue on represting ourselves in such a way as we go on to the new thread ^_^
Gazmof said:
Advanceshipping... What can I say that Hunter hasn't touched on already? For me this has always been the 'ship with the most to offer; it was my first choice of 'ship and also my first entry into the shipping community a long time ago. Ever since I first laid eyes on May I just knew that she and Ash had a dynamic that had never been seen before in the Pokemon anime - Ash was the hothead, May was the calm one; Ash was clueless about love, May was a self-proclaimed expert; Ash was Pokemon-crazy, May was indifferent. It all just fit so perfectly that it was obvious that Advanceshipping would become, and continue to be, my favourite Pokemon 'ship.

I've witnessed much of the ups and downs that this 'ship has had to endure and it's been quite a wild ride, and with May's appearance in the DP series it seems like Advanceshipping is still more than capable of making waves. Even now, with May no longer a part of the show's active cast we still see strong support, and this is a testament to the unique and heartwarming relationship that Ash and May share. It is this wonderful relationship that I will always support - and encourage to grow - for many years to come.

I'd like to thank everyone who made this thread special and who welcomed me so warmly to the Advanceshipping community, and I hope the new thread continues this trend in an even better way.
I hope to see you all back in the new advanceshipping thread, so we can make new advanceshipping history together!

Hunter

Status
Not open for further replies.