• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Advanceshipping General Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jave

draws cute stuff
There's no way Ash will cheer for either one over the other. It'll be horribly out of character.

In fact, I predict that Ash will say at one point something in the lines of "I really don't know who to root for".

STJ

meh..^_^'
To answer a previous question:

I think the Arabian Ash is from sometime in Kanto, possibly when Ash puts on that 'magic show' for Melvin the Magician using Bulbasaur, Squirtle and Charmander. I could be wrong mind, I could also be wrong about such a magic show even taking place. :p

It's been too long. D:

yes, I think you're right, the episode is called "March of the exeggutar squad' or something close

Ash is putting on a magic show, creating an illusion of water and fire, amongst other things. It doesn't end up working out well though, to my recollection XD

As a Advanceshipper (possibly the most extreme), do you want Ash Ketchum to only cheer on May and have him completely disregard Dawn during their contest battle? Would you actually fix this competition just so May wins and Dawn gets eviserated?

No, he's Dawn's friend too, you know XD

I don't know who he'll root for, he'll probably be rooting for both of them in a way, though perhaps be a little more attentive about May since it's been a while and he'll be curious as to how much stronger May has become. But yes, if he could he'd probably want both to win

Woah in dp 79 when Ash and May say goodbye, they do so by doing a really steadfast handshake. Quite shippy imo

foxkrystal

Badaladaladala!
Good news came up this time in DP079. But she leaves which is kind of sad. I thought that she would be in for one more episode, but I guess not :(

Last edited:

Umi Mizuno

☠ one girl army
Ok, if you guys are going to throw the word shippy or hinty with no evidence, I'm going to do what I did last time, prove you all wrong and tell you to watch the damn episode. Since when does shaking hands become a hint? That would mean everytime Ash shook hands with rivals or friends from every region, they were his lovers or he really really liked them. Seriously, stop throwing the words "shippy" or "hint" around, that's just utter BS k? I swear I'll delete anything and everything that claims something is shippy that's obviously not. Unless it's something actually shippy like a blush or a sign of affection, which a plain handshake between friends is not, don't call it a hint. Of course I'm only referring to the users up there and no one else if you guys didn't know.

Last edited:

cascade88

< go ask alice >
Ok, if you guys are going to throw the word shippy or hinty with no evidence, I'm going to do what I did last time, prove you all wrong and tell you to watch the damn episode. Since when does shaking hands become a hint? That would mean everytime Ash shook hands with rivals or friends from every region, they were his lovers or he really really liked them. Seriously, stop throwing the words "shippy" or "hint" around, that's just utter BS k? I swear I'll delete anything and everything that claims something is shippy that's obviously not. Unless it's something actually shippy like a blush or a sign of affection, which a plain handshake between friends is not, don't call it a hint.

Not to be disrespectful, but you can't single-handedly decide what is or is not considered a hint. Whether the handshake is a hint or not should be left up to interpretation for each individual person, as should any possible hint for any ship. You can't just blanket-ban mention of it. This is a shipping discussion thread after all. No one's causing any trouble with it, so I see no reason why people can't refer to the handshake as a hint if they want to.

Last edited:

Umi Mizuno

☠ one girl army
Not to be disrespectful, but you can't single-handedly decide what is or is not considered a hint. Whether the handshake is a hint or not should be left up to interpretation for each individual person, as should any possible hint for any ship. You can't just blanket-ban mention of it. This is a shipping discussion thread after all. No one's causing any trouble with it, so I see no reason why people can't refer to the handshake as a hint if they want to.
See you say this, yet have you watched the episode yet? :/ And yes this is the AS thread, but I hate it when people get the wrong idea of what a hint is. I just have to say whoever thinks a simple handshake is a hint needs to get a reality check now.

cascade88

< go ask alice >
See you say this, yet have you watched the episode yet? :/ And yes this is the AS thread, but I hate it when people get the wrong idea of what a hint is. I just have to say whoever thinks a simple handshake is a hint needs to get a reality check now.

Yes, I have watched the episode. And again, the handshake could be considered Advanceshippy, just as the handshake between Dawn and May could be considered SapphirePearlshippy. Like I said, it's all up to interpretation.

Umi Mizuno

☠ one girl army
Yes, I have watched the episode. And again, the handshake could be considered Advanceshippy, just as the handshake between Dawn and May could be considered SapphirePearlshippy. Like I said, it's all up to interpretation.
Somehow I see that as a complete lie. The episode hasn't been released anywhere, but if it is, prove it to me. And I don't think anyone with a normal mind and a normal social life would even CONSIDER a handshake to be a sign of affection. That means everytime Bush shook hands with anyone, that'd mean he's in love with them regardless if they were male or female. Now is that logical? Hell no. Does it mean anyone that shook hands with Ash is going to be his lover? If that was, it'd be utter BS and Pokemon would be one big drama.

cascade88

< go ask alice >
Somehow I see that as a complete lie. The episode hasn't been released anywhere, but if it is, prove it to me. And I don't think anyone with a normal mind and a normal social life would even CONSIDER a handshake to be a sign of affection. That means everytime Bush shook hands with anyone, that'd mean he's in love with them regardless if they were male or female. Now is that logical? Hell no. Does it mean anyone that shook hands with Ash is going to be his lover? If that was, it'd be utter BS and Pokemon would be one big drama.

First of all, you can watch the episode here. Mmkay then.

And secondly, if people wanna see it as a hint, then there's nothing wrong with that.

Umi Mizuno

☠ one girl army
And secondly, if people wanna see it as a hint, then there's nothing wrong with that.
You've completely disregarded everything I've said. Like I said, those people really need to get a reality check. Case closed. It'll turn into what it was last time. :) So no random throwing of the word "hint" around or else you'll get annoying posts like "LIEK THEY'RE STANDING NEXT TO EACH OTHER AND TALKING, HINT."

cascade88

< go ask alice >
You've completely disregarded everything I've said. Like I said, those people really need to get a reality check. Case closed. It'll turn into what it was last time. :) So no random throwing of the word "hint" around or else you'll get annoying posts like "LIEK THEY'RE STANDING NEXT TO EACH OTHER AND TALKING, HINT."

Actually, I haven't disregarded a thing. If people want to debate whether or not it was a hint, then they can do it in the Ash/May vs Drew/May debate thread, right?

Now, since this is, as I noted, an Advanceshipping discussion thread, where Advanceshippers (myself included) can discuss things that we may consider to be Advanceshippy (ie: the ribbon, the handshake), then we sure can. Again, no disprespect intended, but you can't patrol what people want or don't want to see as hints.

Gaiash

Champion Scientist
Ok we get it the scene isn't really shippy however it will make great footage for Advanceshipping AMVs. Besides people refer all kinds of things as hints that make this look like it was a kiss, thats just how shipping fandom works.

Umi Mizuno

☠ one girl army
Ok we get it the scene isn't really shippy however it will make great footage for Advanceshipping AMVs. Besides people refer all kinds of things as hints that make this look like it was a kiss, thats just how shipping fandom works.
Uhh I don't care about how the scene will be in AMVs, that can be left for the fans who want to make them. They can do whatever they want, I'm not the dictator of their lives, nor do I care. I'd like to do some quality control around this place, shipping fandom can do whatever it wants as long as it's logical.
Now, since this is, as I noted, an Advanceshipping discussion thread, where Advanceshippers (myself included) can discuss things that we may consider to be Advanceshippy (ie: the ribbon, the handshake), then we sure can. Again, no disprespect intended, but you can't patrol what people want or don't want to see as hints.
No but I am a mod wanting some quality control around here. I like clearing out the crap, if it was something like Ash giving May a rose then I'd shut up. But if some people are going to make a big deal out of a handshake, I get to control it. Did you notice I was only referring to the people who were like "Quite shippy"? Yeah, I've discussed this with another mod already, I want to keep the quality of the shipping forum instead of having crap around, that's why I don't come in here to disagree with everything you people talk about.

Yawn, done here. Now to go to the other threads.

Gaiash

Champion Scientist
Uhh I don't care about how the scene will be in AMVs, that can be left for the fans who want to make them. They can do whatever they want, I'm not the dictator of their lives, nor do I care. I'd like to do some quality control around this place, shipping fandom can do whatever it wants as long as it's logical.
I agree that we should be logical about that should or shouldn't be a hint but I feel that we should discuss it ourselves as Advanceshippers. I personaly would have said something like "While it is nice that Ash and Dawn are the only ones May shakes hands with I wouldn't really call it a hint, however I do find it a better fairwell for May than she had after the Battle Frontier."

Umi Mizuno

☠ one girl army
I agree that we should be logical about that should or shouldn't be a hint but I feel that we should discuss it ourselves as Advanceshippers. I personaly would have said something like "While it is nice that Ash and Dawn are the only ones May shakes hands with I wouldn't really call it a hint, however I do find it a better fairwell for May than she had after the Battle Frontier."
Now that you recognize the fact that it isn't a hint, I can now omit anyone who screams "HINT" in a n00by way.

Whew, thanks for saying that, I was just about to say something like this to try to stop this argument.
I suppose that we Advanceshippers can get a bit too anxious to jump on any sort of interaction between May and Ash, especially since she had been gone for 70+ episodes and will likely be gone for a much longer period now.
Perhaps the new topic of discussion on this could be:
Did the writers give May and Ash a good farewell? (I think someone else can word it better than this, and please do!)
Obviously most of us probably wanted something better, but obviously I liked it better than that rushed one at the end of Battle Frontier. I had hoped for a bit more, but a handshake is fine with me, and I don't really count it as a hint. A great piece of evidence that it was good to me: I actually almost shed tears at the end of their farewells and as May sailed away.
It's amazing that this arc has reminded me of why I was an Advanceshipper to begin with, and I'm glad to be among you guys again.

Welcome to the thread Yoshi-kun! If I didn't welcome you before. Though I am surprised that you are here. Nevertheless, enjoy your time posting here XD

As a Advanceshipper (possibly the most extreme), do you want Ash Ketchum to only cheer on May and have him completely disregard Dawn during their contest battle? Would you actually fix this competition just so May wins and Dawn gets eviserated?

I guess, thinking about the show, I don't think that would happen. Neither do I want that to happen at all. Not only is the possibility EXTREMELY low (like, zero) it would just scream for a chance of flaming. And yeah, I don't support flaming of characters at all >:|

And although it would be nice for May to win, I wouldn't want her to win just so Dawn loses, you know what I mean? That just seems to be bashing of the character. In fact, this question seems to be bashing Dawn, but maybe I'm just being tooooo I dunno.

bwa, the episodes are already done! Noooooo :( It's too bad, other than the mention of the ribbon (which was so super cool- shipping hint or not) nothing really happened. :( Oh well, maybe next time I guess ^^;;

btw, if I haven't said it before, I love the banner Gaiash, it's so cool! XD

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.