• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Advanceshipping General Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

STJ

meh..^_^'
As a Advanceshipper (possibly the most extreme), do you want Ash Ketchum to only cheer on May and have him completely disregard Dawn during their contest battle? Would you actually fix this competition just so May wins and Dawn gets eviserated?

Anyone who has seen the episode actually now what Ash ended up doing?

And although it would be nice for May to win, I wouldn't want her to win just so Dawn loses, you know what I mean? That just seems to be bashing of the character. In fact, this question seems to be bashing Dawn, but maybe I'm just being tooooo I dunno.
True, but they both can't win, unless you havea a draw, and I'm not sure the fans want that either. But I don't think that May sinning would mean that Dawn is getting bashed

It's a moot point though, for those who have seen the episode

bwa, the episodes are already done! Noooooo It's too bad, other than the mention of the ribbon (which was so super cool- shipping hint or not) nothing really happened. Oh well, maybe next time I guess ^^;;

I don't think anybody was expecting much.. In fact, people might have been expecting worse. But at the very least I think they got a better good-bye that the previous

Mayziken

Advanceshipping<3

Hunter_RuLe

< Guess who's back?
Too bad May already left, but I think we can be happy we saw her again, and I'm actually pretty glad about the moments we got.

Eventhough I myself don't consider their cute goodbye moment as a hint, it is a communication between Ash and May in the actual Anime. I feel like we should be able to discuss all the interactions between the Kanto and Hoenn trainer in this thread. This thread is about the (possible) relationship between Ash and May, which could be interpetated as either just friendship or more than that. Imo the goodbye scene istherefore not completely irrelevant in this topic, so there is no reason for calling a mention of this moment 'crap'.

The Horizon

The Forgotten One
Maybe eviserated is a bit too harsh of word...anyway it may be sad that May lost to some people but she went down swinging. Her departure this time is a bit more memorable than last time. Well it was good while it lasted. Now I am going to give you guys a fair warning for future references: Please don't try to argue back and forth with Umi Mizuno. Or any other of the staff for that matter. It's like trying to win an argument against an umpire in baseball. Umpires can eject the players for misconduct and the mods have no problem kicking your *** out of here too. I've seen it all before so I know what happens here. The least you could do is apoligize. I mean, I wouldn't argue with a girl who knows japanese a lot more than I do and who also knows her ****. Either that or certain people piss her off so easily. Now that May is gone I feel this thread is going to be a bit dormant for a while.

foxkrystal

Badaladaladala!
Junk deleted.

Since May's already left, we can still talk about what will May do after she's done with the johto league, and when Ash's done with his sinnoh league.
May's close to finishing her league, so I'm thinking that she might go to the sinnoh league next, and meet up with Ash once more ^-^.

Last edited by a moderator:

EarthBorn

ConVulATiON
May's close to finishing her league, so I'm thinking that she might go to the sinnoh league next, and meet up with Ash once more ^-^.

I wouldn't really be all that surprised. I guess bringing back characters is making DP a lot more interesting, and not just shippy-wise too.
Anyway, that was a refreshing departure from the mundane series, and though it didn't turn out to be as advanceshippy as I, rather we all, would have liked, I'm not complaining much. :D

Aura Guardian88

I can see May coming back to watch Ash in the Sinnoh League after she's done with the Johto GF. Since the GF always seems to start at least a couple of weeks before the Leagues. Either that we'll see her in Pallet Town to greet Ash. I'm curious as to what everyone was saying at the end of DP 79.

Judgement

I can see May coming back to watch Ash in the Sinnoh League after she's done with the Johto GF. Since the GF always seems to start at least a couple of weeks before the Leagues. Either that we'll see her in Pallet Town to greet Ash. I'm curious as to what everyone was saying at the end of DP 79.

I'll give you a rough translation;

Dawn: I felt like I totally forgot it... But during the finals, it felt like I was one with Piplup.
May: Make sure you don't forget that feeling, the next time we'll meet I'll definatley not loose!
Zoey: That goes for me too.
May: Zoey, you too, continue to do your best in contest, OK?
Zoey: Yeah, you too May.
May: Of course!
Brock: I know that there are alot of great things to eat in Johto, but don't eat too much, OK?
May: Got it! It was such a long time since I had last eaten your cooking, it was delicious!
Ash: May, do your best in the Johto Contests, alright?
May: Yeah, do your best in the Sinnoh league too!
Ash: Sure!
Then everyone waves good bye.

buster_wolf

Shinnippori!
It's been a while since I've visited the thread, so I decided to at least put a 100% effort in an advanceshipping picture I made since I saw Judgement's fanart and thought, that guy is clearly showing his support through his hardwork. So yeah, I made this picture.
[img139]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v135/thefinalfrontier/satoharu010.jpg[/img139]

(I dunno how to make pictures show up on the shipping forum to be honest. XD Never learned the tags.)

I'll give you a rough translation;

Dawn: I felt like I totally forgot it... But during the finals, it felt like I was one with Piplup.
May: Make sure you don't forget that feeling, the next time we'll meet I'll definatley not loose!
Zoey: That goes for me too.
May: Zoey, you too, continue to do your best in contest, OK?
Zoey: Yeah, you too May.
May: Of course!
Brock: I know that there are alot of great things to eat in Johto, but don't eat too much, OK?
May: Got it! It was such a long time since I had last eaten your cooking, it was delicious!
Ash: May, do your best in the Johto Contests, alright?
May: Yeah, do your best in the Sinnoh league too!
Ash: Sure!
Then everyone waves good bye.

Nice work on the translation. I expected that's what been said.

Last edited:

Judgement

Ah, it's buster_wolf, I remember you! You used to post alot of fanart before too, I love your fanart. This picture is awesome too :3
And well, drawing is the only way I can show my support, since I suck at things such as fanfiction or making AMVs, hahahaha.

I'm a girl though :p

Gaiash

Champion Scientist
Now that you recognize the fact that it isn't a hint, I can now omit anyone who screams "HINT" in a n00by way.
I never considered it a hint, just good AMV footage. A shipping AMV can't be built on hints alone, scenes like these can be mixed with the hints and sometimes they may even fit in well with the lyrics.

Gazmof

Zephyr Trainer
See, this is why it's great to be an Advanceshipper - we get awesome fanarts from people like Buster and Judgement.

I haven't seen any of the episodes in question yet (lazy :b) but it's nice that we got some interaction (and I wasn't expecting it to be shippy, to be honest - I was amazed the ribbon even made an appearance). A handshake is nice - physical contact was always a bit of a rarity on this show after Kanto, when Misty finally decided to stop kicking people in the head (good times, Kanto, good times).

Doesn't seem to be a topic at the moment, what with all this mod action going on, so, uh... Yeah. I'd think of one but I'm drawing a blank right now. These new smilies are horrible.

Eventhough I myself don't consider their cute goodbye moment as a hint, it is a communication between Ash and May in the actual Anime. I feel like we should be able to discuss all the interactions between the Kanto and Hoenn trainer in this thread. This thread is about the (possible) relationship between Ash and May, which could be interpetated as either just friendship or more than that. Imo the goodbye scene istherefore not completely irrelevant in this topic, so there is no reason for calling a mention of this moment 'crap'.

Well, I think the problem was calling a hand shake between the two a hint. I mean, I didn't understand the ribbon thing, but I do understand this one. If you looked at it for any other two characters no one would ever consider it a hint, because hand shakes between two doesn't make it shippy or a hint. It does depend on someone's interpretation on it and if someone does want to consider it shippy, then by all means, consider it shippy. But I don't think it could be considered a hint.

See, this is why it's great to be an Advanceshipper - we get awesome fanarts from people like Buster and Judgement.

What's a ship without it's fanart? X3

Pearl, Poke, advance

Sorry about the Pearl and poke ^^;;

But I don't think that May sinning would mean that Dawn is getting bashed

No, no, I didn't mean it like that. Because May wining doesn't mean Dawn is bashed, but look at the way the question has been fixed, it is dawn-bashing.
'Would you actually fix this competition just so May wins and Dawn gets eviscerated?'

No offense to whoever made the question though, didn't mean to sounds mean ^^

The Horizon

The Forgotten One
If you're talking about this question:

As a Advanceshipper (possibly the most extreme), do you want Ash Ketchum to only cheer on May and have him completely disregard Dawn during their contest battle? Would you actually fix this competition just so May wins and Dawn gets eviserated?

I'm the one who made it. Let's just say it's my way of finding out how everybody answers this topic and so far, no one's actually taking sides. I guess May and Dawn are two very likable characters but that should be discussed elsewhere. Right now I'm trying to figure out what to do to keep this thread going. One person here might have an idea but I don't know who but I do know this. We all help each other in this thread so everybody here are friends.

The Horizon

The Forgotten One
If you're talking about this question:

I'm the one who made it. Let's just say it's my way of finding out how everybody answers this topic and so far, no one's actually taking sides. I guess May and Dawn are two very likable characters but that should be discussed elsewhere. Right now I'm trying to figure out what to do to keep this thread going. One person here might have an idea but I don't know who but I do know this. We all help each other in this thread so everybody here are friends.

DaveTheFishGuy

Fish Trainer
Heya guys, just thought I'd say hi!

I've been into shipping for the last few months, and my fave is definately AdvanceShipping. I just got my account on here, so thought I may as well try to join in.

So, yeah. Hi!
Dave

Yeah, sorry, I meant no offense. :)

Welcome to the thread DaveTheFishGuy! Have fun posting here! XD

Miss-ADV

Grand Coordinater
Welcome to the thread Dave!

Aren't you the Davethefishguy of FF btw?

I think it would be great if would come back for Ash's Shinnoh league:p Or Dawn's Grand festival. Maybe then we would see more of the ribbon. (but I don't expected much of anyway)

Status
Not open for further replies.