• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Advent Children dub cast announced

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blackjack Gabbiani

Clearly we're great!
According to RPGamer.com, the cast is thusly

Cloud Strife: Steve Burton
Tifa Lockhart: Rachael Leigh Cook
Kadaj: Steve Staley
Rufus Shinra: Wally Wingert
Reno: Quinton Flynn
Rude: Crispin Freeman
Yazoo: Dave Wittenberg
Loz: Fred Tatasciore
Vincent Valentine: Steve Blum
Barett Wallace: Beau Billingslea
Cid Highwind: Chris Edgerly
Yuffie Kisaragi: Christy Romano
Cait Sith: Gregg Ellis
Red XIII: Liam O'Brien
Reeve: Jamieson Price
Tseng: Ryun Yu
Elena: Bettina Bush
Marlene: Wallace Grace Rolek
Denzel: Benjamin Bryan
Girl: Andrea Bowen
Zack: Rick Gomez
Aerith Gainsborough: Mena Suvari
Sephiroth: George Newbern

Chris

Old Coot
Leave it to Steven Blum to play the usual parts of the badass looking characters. >_>; I'd say it fits quite well. Though Dogasu's right. He's in EVERYTHING. That man most be rolling in cash from all the work he keeps jumping at. >_>;;

Haruka's Swimsuit

Bomberhead 18-kin!
Blackjack Gabbiani said:
According to RPGamer.com, the cast is thusly

Yuffie Kisaragi: Christy Romano

Kim ****ing Possible as the only FFVII character I can still stomach?
Here's hoping for a bilingual DVD or I just lost all interest in this endeavor.

By the way, how does this qualify as anime? I thought CGI animation was outside of this realm of discussion.

Last edited:

Kyohaku

Master Coordinator
Any animation that airs in Japan and is dubbed in English counts as anime, I believe. Blum really does fit Vincent, and Crispin Freeman is also the voice of Alucard from the dubbed Hellsing, so that's another voice I can look out for.

Mimori Kiryu

Steve Jay Blum as Vincent? I guess I do see it D:

I agree with Edward Elric on this one. I'd love to know how much money that man makes X_x

Alfonso

Derpgull
Wally Wingert? I knew this ages ago, but still. Here's hoping he can pull a more emotional voice than he did with Remiel in ToS.

'Course, I love Remy. But his voice is a little flat.

Alfonso said:
Wally Wingert? I knew this ages ago, but still. Here's hoping he can pull a more emotional voice than he did with Remiel in ToS.

'Course, I love Remy. But his voice is a little flat.
Remiel needed no emotion.

Sounds awsome, I'm gona have to get this, another one of those things that are good regaurdless.

HK

Radiance of Shadows
I'm suprised that people don't get on Crispin Freeman as much considering that he plays as many roles as Steven Blum does. Then again, you don't have people proclaiming Crispin Freeman to be the god of anime dub voice acting...

Anyway, looks to be decent casting in some aspects. Never was much into the Final Fantasy series myself, but I do want to see the movie and seeing as how I haven't bothered to check it out online... Well, should be interesting.

Toran Frostbite

Highrise Above All
HellKorn said:
I'm suprised that people don't get on Crispin Freeman as much considering that he plays as many roles as Steven Blum does. Then again, you don't have people proclaiming Crispin Freeman to be the god of anime dub voice acting...
You aren't looking in the right places.

I implied it before, and I'll say it now: Steven Blum as Vincent is not a good idea. X___x It doesn't compute. Not to mention I'd like to be able to enjoy Dirge of Cerberus, not play it with the sound off.

Dogasu

Frustrated Elf
Haruka's Swimsuit said:
By the way, how does this qualify as anime? I thought CGI animation was outside of this realm of discussion.

Not at all. CGI animation is just as valid a form of animation as hand-drawn animation is. Why shouldn't it be included?

Alfonso said:

I'm just amused that the Tallest Purple is playing a member of the Turks.

HellKorn said:

I'm not as familiar with Crispin Freeman as I am with Steve Blum, that's why. Also, does Mr. Freeman use the same voice for the majority of his most famous roles?

Dogasu said:
I'm not as familiar with Crispin Freeman as I am with Steve Blum, that's why. Also, does Mr. Freeman use the same voice for the majority of his most famous roles?

No, he has range in his voices. he can play creepy badass voices to mild calm voices.

Toran Frostbite

Highrise Above All
That Scary Clefairy said:
No, he has range in his voices. he can play creepy badass voices to mild calm voices.

But they all use the same voice. Whether it's Amon, Zelgadis, Cougar, Kain, Ebisu, Alex Rowe, Mario Musicanova, Kouichi, Alucard, Tsume, or Albel, you automatically go, "ZOMG, Crispin Freeman!" He's good at acting, there's no question....but his voice never changes (unlike some I could mention).

HK

Radiance of Shadows
Toraphi said:
You aren't looking in the right places.

I was stating that I'm suprised that Crispin Freeman isn't mentioned as much as Steven Blum for all the roles that he plays, not that he isn't ever criticized. Read. My. Words. Clearly.

Dogasu said:

As Toraphi stated above, he does use the same basic voice in his roles as Blum does. Mind you, I believe that he is a better actor and has more range than Blum, but Freeman still has that same effect. I instantly connected him playing Ebisu on Naruto to Alucard from Hellsing, which is kind of scary.

Toraphi said:
But they all use the same voice. Whether it's Amon, Zelgadis, Cougar, Kain, Ebisu, Alex Rowe, Mario Musicanova, Kouichi, Alucard, Tsume, or Albel, you automatically go, "ZOMG, Crispin Freeman!" He's good at acting, there's no question....but his voice never changes (unlike some I could mention).

Well duh, it's his voice. What I'm trying to say which HK mention is that it more ranged than Steve Blum.

One I can say have a competely different voice that I didn't even realize is the VA for Kenshin which also happen to be Legato. Scary. I beleive his name is Richard Hayworth.

Toran Frostbite

Highrise Above All
HellKorn said:
I was stating that I'm suprised that Crispin Freeman isn't mentioned as much as Steven Blum for all the roles that he plays, not that he isn't ever criticized. Read. My. Words. Clearly.
Whoa, down boy. Alright, I admit it was my fault; I didn't scale down the quote enough, but my response was to /this/ line:

HellKorn said:
Then again, you don't have people proclaiming Crispin Freeman to be the god of anime dub voice acting...
Sorry for the mix-up.

That Scary Clefairy said:
Well duh, it's his voice. What I'm trying to say which HK mention is that it more ranged than Steve Blum.

*headdesk* What I mean by his voice is that you can compare every single character he's done and they all sound the same, whether dark and nasty, or very depressing, or hyped up on life/crack.

Both Blum and Freeman's range of acting to portray different character roles are both fine. What Freeman lacks, and Blum can't change much, is their vocal range. They can't change their voices to be unrecognizable like some actors can. Daran Norris is one of these people, Rob Paulsen gets credit, and this goes nowhere without pulling Scott McNeil's name out either. Tara Strong, somewhat less so, but it's there. Lee Tockar gets an honorable mention for the hell of it. *hearts* Steven Blum might have a different voice in there (but only one), but Freeman uses the same. Thing. Every time. No change in anything but the role he's playing.

...I still love the man, but Freeman's known for one voice, not much more.

HK

Radiance of Shadows
Toraphi said:
Whoa, down boy. Alright, I admit it was my fault; I didn't scale down the quote enough, but my response was to /this/ line:[/quote

Don't mind me, I'm usually like that. I'm rarely angry at someone if I speak to them like that, whether it be in real life or on the internet. Unless I call someone a moron or somethin' similar to that effect, then it isn't anything serious.

Sorry for the mix-up.

Likewise.

Just curious, when is the release date for the dub of the Final Fantasy VII: Advent Children movie?

TranscendentWarrior

The Enigmatic One
HellKorn said:
Just curious, when is the release date for the dub of the Final Fantasy VII: Advent Children movie?

It's April 25th. There's even a countdown on the official English website. The place finally got updated a few days ago after 9 months of no updates.-_-:p...

http://na.square-enix.com/dvd/ff7ac/

Last edited:
Z

Zoe1200

Blastoise Army ;009; ;009; ;009; ;009; ;009; ;009; ;009; ;009; ;009; ;009; ;009; ;009; ;009; ;009; ;009; ;009; ;009; ;009; ;009; ;009; ;009; ;009; ;009; ;009; ;009; ;009; ;009; ;009;

Max Bauman

Scientology = OWNED
As much as I'm disheartened that they didn't choose Mr. T as the voice of Barret, my confidence is rebuilt by the fact that Lance Bass has disappeared from the face of Square's earth and someone more worthy of Sephiroth's voice was chosen.

Status
Not open for further replies.