• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Adventure Face-Off (Red and Blue Version)

Status
Not open for further replies.

YellowHat

The Anticool
Serina and Eric win!

BTW, there will be a third installment. Just not for a long time. You see, I have plans for a Gold and Silver Version, featureing Serina's cousin from Johto, approximatly 3 years after the end of the Red and Blue Version. But seeing as Serina is barely 25% of the way to the Pokemon League, like I said, it'll be a while.

I'll keep typing tommorow. I've got plans for this evening. If you know what I mean. *nudge, nudge* *wink, wink*...
And by plans I mean spend my night at the school play. Dateless. Like always. :p But that's cool, my best friend is in it, so I've got to see it anyways.

Jonessodaco.Chris

Is Back Finally!
alrighty... yah who knows what we have in store for the adventure face-offs... guess you will have to wait and see

(posts once so you don't have to edit for next story)

YellowHat

The Anticool
Rejoice, my faithful face-off friends, for the AFO is finally back! Please come often, advertise, and tell your friends to come here as well! We desperatly need more voters!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The attacks stop the car dead in it's tracks. Two disgruntled looking figures step from the vehicle. One appears to be a female, the other a male.

Serina: That's the guy! The guy I battled before!
Male Rocket: What the hell- Hey! Camille! That's that pesky brat I told you about!
Camille: Wait. You're telling me you were not only beaten by a little newbie, but it was a girl too? Ha!
Male Rocket: Shut up! *pushes his dark blue hair from his eyes* I'm telling you, she was tough!
Camille: Oh, Gorman. Let me show you how a real Rocket does battle. Hey, kid! You're gonna get it for wrecking our ride!
Gorman: Heh, I'm not gonna slip up this time! Nidoran! Get out here!
Camille: Magnemite! Get out here!
Eric: Uh-oh. Look's like we're gonna have to do a double battle with these two.
Serina: Double battle? But, we've never done-
Eric: Don't worry. Just treat it like a regular battle, Serina. I know you can battle well. I've seen you do it before!
Serina: OK, Charmeleon! Let's do it!
Eric: Geodude, we're counting on you!
Gorman: Nidoran! Poison Jab!
Serina: Charmeleon, quick, use Slash!
Camille: Magnemite, Thunder Wave!

Charmeleon freezes in it's track before it can move. Nidoran's attack hits head on.

Eric: Serina! We've got to work together to beat these guys! We need to use attacks that go well together!
Gorman: *laughing* Nidoran, show these two how it's done! Headbutt!
Eric: Sand Attack, Geodude!
Serina: *to herself* Attacks that work well together... *out loud* Charmeleon! Flamethrower!

Charmeleon's flames instantly turn the Sand Attack into glass, slicing through Nidoran and injuring it badly.

Nidoran: Nido!! *falls to the ground*
Gorman: What the-
Camille: Magnemite, Sonic Boom!
Magnemite: MAG. NE. MITE. *unleashes a blast of sound*

Charmeleon and Geodude fall to the ground. Only Charmeleon is able to stand back up. Geodude is unconscious. Both Gorman and Eric have to recall their pokemon.

Serina: Charmeleon! Flamethrower on Magnemite! It's weak against fire!
Charmeleon: Char! *shoots flames*
Camille: Magnemite! Crud! Return! Come on, Gorman! These kids can't do anything to get back the stuff we stole!
Serina: Really? Charmeleon, Flamethrower on the Rockets!
Gorman: Huh? Wait! Stop! Here, take it!

He drops a box at Serina's feet, and runs to the car. Camille follows him.

Camille: You little jerks haven't seen the last of us! *to Gorman, smiling* Ignorant kids!

The Rockets drive off, and Eric picks up the box.

Eric: ... Hey! There's nothing in here! They must've taken whatever it was out and hidden it! *kicks the ground* Dammit!
Serina: ... Well, we've failed again... Guess we'd better go see Bill.

As they enter Bill's lab, signs of foul play are obvious. Books and equipment are scattered about, and Bill lies, unconscious, in the center of it all. Serina gently shakes him awake.

Bill: Huh? What's going on?... *starts suddenly* You! Dirty thieves! Give it back! Give back the capsule! *grabs Serina by the shirt*
Serina: Ah! Wait! We're not the Rockets!
Bill: Liar! Li- *stops* Wait... *falls back to the floor* Ugh... My head... *looks at Serina, then Eric* Sorry.. You look so similar to those two... But you're younger.. I can tell... *goes back to sleep*

Later, when Bill comes back to his senses, Serina and Eric find out exactly what it is that Team Rocket has been stealing.

Bill: They've stolen the technology used by Pokemon Centers to transfer pokemon. I had been working on a security system to prevent such a thing from happening again when those two thugs came in and made off with a very important creation of mine.
Eric: What was it?
Bill: A Pokemon Transportation Capsule. My capsule system, which I've dubben PTCS, allows trainers to transport pokemon without having to use a Pokemon Center PC. The technology that that single capsule posseses could be used for all kinds of things! Terrible things, in the hands of a Team Rocket scientist.
Serina: What do you think they're planning?
Bill: *sigh* I'm not sure, Serina. But whatever it is, I can tell you it isn't good... Well, anyways, let's get this mess cleaned up, shall we?

The three of them cleaned up the lab, and after a bit the whole place looked great.

Bill: Now, I know that you didn't come up here for no reason. What is it that I can help you two with?
Eric: Well, it's Serina that needs help. She has the potential to be a really great battler, but she never attended Trainer's School.
Bill: Really? You must know much about type matchups and such, huh? Well, have no fear, the PokeManiac Trainer's Crash Course will set you straight!

While Serina is off being taught by Bill, Eric goes through some of Bill's research files on the computer. He clicks on a file titled "Eeveelutions", and looks at some Pokedex entries on a pokemon called Eevee, which can evolve into several different types. He continues to go through other files like it. Finally, after hours of work, Bill and Serina return. Serina looks dead tired, and Bill laughs.

Bill: Well, Serina, there's no way you'll lose to Misty, now! There's nothing more I can teach you about battling! The rest you'll have to learn on your own!
Serina: *smiling* Yeah.. *collapses onto a couch and falls asleep*
Bill: *chuckles* Well, Eric, did you learn anything today?
Eric: Sure did. You've got an amazing place here, Bill.
Bill: Well, thanks. My research is my life. *gets a worried look* But those Rockets.. *shakes head* I sense that something bad will happen in the near future.

The next day, Serina heads off to Cerulean Gym with newfound confidence.

Eric: So, what pokemon do you plan to use this time?

CURRENT FACE-OFF:
Third Time's The Charm! Which Pokemon?
Decide which two pokemon Serina will use in her battle against Misty. Each time you post (ONCE PER HOUR) vote for 1 pokemon. The first two pokemon to reach 5 votes will be used.

Charmeleon- 0
Nidorina- 0
Butterfree- 0
Clefairy- 0

Jonessodaco.Chris

Is Back Finally!
Butterfree gets my vote... hey don't forget about my Adventure face-off guys... come post there too please :)

YellowHat

The Anticool
Charmeleon.

Butterfree- 1st
Charmeleon- 2nd

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The next day, Serina heads off to Cerulean Gym with newfound confidence.

Eric: So, what pokemon do you plan to use this time?
Serina: Oh, I don't know. I guess I'll use whatever I think will work the best. *smiles* You'll just have to wait and see.
Eric: Hmm..

The two enter the gym.

Misty: OK, Serina! You think you can beat me this time?
Serina: Positive!
Misty: Same rules, then! Staryu, go!
Serina: Butterfree! Come on out!

CURRENT FACE-OFF:
Third Time's The Charm! Serina VS Misty!
Each Trainer will start with 1 pokemon battling. Their other pokemon will be on a list below the tally and will be sent out, in order, IMMEDIATELY AFTER THE PREVIOUS POKEMON FAINTS.
-Voting will be once every 30 minutes.
-Each time you post, you may...
Hurt one of the pokemon.
OR
Give a Stat Boost to one of the pokemon.

Hurting a pokemon will lower their HP by 1. Giving a pokemon a stat boost will not do any damage to the opposing pokemon, but when a pokemon gains three stat boosts, its power level will go up. There is no limit to how high a power level will go. A power level equals the amount of damage an attack will do.
The battle ends when one trainer has lost all of their pokemon.

Serina:
Butterfree- 16 (power level: 3)

VS

Misty:
Staryu- 18

Serina's Other Pokemon:
Charmeleon- 23 (power level: 2)

Misty's Other Pokemon:
Starmie- 21 (power level: 2)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.