• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Adventure Face-Off (Red and Blue Version)

Status
Not open for further replies.

king of blue

That's me!
let's keep voltorb!

Flamander

Ihatetheaboveposter!
Voltorb!!!

king of blue

That's me!
Machop, Yay, were done

Jonessodaco.Chris

Is Back Finally!
Ivysaur- KEEP
Pidgey- KEEP
Sandshrew- KEEP
Abra- KEEP
Voltorb- KEEP
Machop- KEEP

sorry Geo your getting Oaked...

YellowHat

The Anticool
Oh em gee, here comes an update!
Crowd: *mild thrill* Whoo!...
Aw, come on, I'm sorry it took so long. I'm busy, watcha gonna do? Anyways, I've been trying to think of ways to make this story more exciting and actioney, so please bear with me. I know you're all sick of "Who should we keep on our team, and who should get stored in the PC" types of face-offs, so I'm gonna look for fresh ideas. They may still be a bit lame at first, but I'm trying my best. :p
Anyways, without further ado, here comes the next chapter in our heroes' tale.
(And for those of you who requested full story, I WILL get it to you soon. I promise!)

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The next day, our heroes finally make it to Rock Tunnel. And after only about two steps in, they're harrassed by wild pokemon.

Serina: You know, you'd think that wild pokemon would be a bit more intimidated by a human presence and just stay away from us.
Chris: Yeah. What's up with that?
Eric: Hey guys! I just caught a Machop!
Serina: Eric! I thought you promised to stop catching wild pokemon way back in Cerulean City.
Eric: I'm sorry, Serina. I just have this impulse. When I see a wild pokemon that looks cool, I want to catch it. Besides, I don't have any Fighting types, yet.
Serina: *sigh* Three, two, one...
Dex: BEEP!
Eric: Oh yeah. Who should I send back to the PC?... I guess Geodude.
Serina: What? But Geodude is one of your better pokemon!
Eric: Look, I have my reasons for what I do. I'm just not really sure what those reasons are...
Serina and Chris: *give Eric weird looks*
Chris: Well, whatever. Let's just get moving, huh?

And so the three journey ever deeper into the dark cave. About two hours later, they're still aimlessly wandering through the near pitch-black cave. The only thing lighting their way is the flame on Charmeleon's tail.

Chris: Guys, we've been walking forever! Can't we take a break?
Eric: Yeah, I guess... It'd help if we had a map. Or if we could see...
Serina: You can take a break too, Charmeleon.
Charmeleon: Char... *falls to the ground*
Serina: Oh, my feet are killing me! When are we gonna get out of here?..
Chris: It would help if we had a guide or something conveniant like that.
???: Hello? Anyone there?
Serina: What was that?
???: Hello? Did I hear a voice?
Eric: Sounds like another person.

Suddenly, from around the corner comes a man with dark glasses. His long, bluish bangs hang around his eyes. A small goatee forms a point on his chin.

Chris: Hey! Who're you?
???: I am a traveler from the Sinnoh reigon. I have come to Kanto in search of an old friend. I've been wandering the countryside looking...
Eric: You've got a name, right?
???: Forgive me... My name is James.
Serina: Why are you searching for your friend in Rock Tunnel?
James: I'm not, really. I was just on my way to Lavender Town. I know my way through this cave very well. Unfortunatly, though, I forgot to bring a light! *smiles sheepishly*
Serina: Well, we've got a light! *gestures to an exhausted Charmeleon*
Charmeleon: *sighs* Char...
Chris: Yeah! And we just so happen to need a guide!
James: Wonderful! How conveniant!

And so with yet another incredibly favorable plot twist, our heroes find themselves on the way out of Rock Tunnel. But Eric has several questions for the mysterious James.

Eric: So, you come from Sinnoh?
James: Yes. My grandparents raised me as a child. I have traveled all over the world since my youth, though.
Eric: So you have a friend here in Kanto?
James: My parents lived here. I had a pet Growlithe as a child, and I left it with them when I was older. My parents passed away recently... I returned home to take care of things, and when I arrived, Growlithe was not around. I was informed by several neighbors that it ran off shortly after my parents' deaths.
Serina: So the Growlithe is the friend you've been searching for.
James: Yes... I don't know where it might be, but I have been looking for ages. Oh, my dear sweet Growlie...
Serina: Well, you could always travel with us-
James: No! This is a journey that I'd prefer to travel alone.
Serina: Oh, I...
James: Forgive me. I just.. You must understand, I have my reasons... I have lost too many dear friends in this life. I choose not to gain more, for fear of more loss. I thank you for your company, though. Farewell.

Without realizing it, the group had finally emerged from Rock Tunnel. With a wave, James departs to the south.

Chris: What a strange guy... Anyways, I'm starved! Let's eat!
Eric: *checking pokedex* It is only a little after noon. I guess we could go for some lunch. There's a Pokemon Center just a little farther down the road here. And after that, we can get to Lavender Town before night.

Inside the Pokemon Center, the trio is enjoying a nice lunch when Serina sees a poster on the wall.

Serina: Hey! Look!
Eric: *with his mouth full* Hmm?
Serina: That poster! "Lavender Town Single Pokemon Tournament! Sponsored by the Lavender Town Radio Station."
Chris: That sounds cool! We should totally enter! It'd be great training!
Eric: *looking closer* It says that each trainer who enters uses only 1 pokemon, and the winner receives an incredible secret prize... Wonder what it is.
Chris: Well, there's only one way to find out. We should all totally enter!
Serina: When is it?
Eric: Umm... Oh crap! It's tommorow! We've gotta get signed up now if we want to enter!

So without any delay, our heroes sign up for the tournament at the front desk of the Pokemon Center.

Nurse Joy: Well, all of your forms look A-OK. I'll just need to see your Trainer Cards and write down which pokemon you'll be using...

CURRENT FACE-OFF:
Lavender Tournament! Which Pokemon?
Each time you post (ONCE PER HALF HOUR) choose 1 pokemon from each trainer's list. The first on each list to reach 5 votes will be used.

Serina:
Charmeleon- 0
Nidorina- 0
Butterfree- 0
Clefairy- 0
Mankey- 0
Dugtrio- 0

Eric:
Ivysaur- 0
Pidgey- 0
Sandshrew- 0
Abra- 0
Voltorb- 0
Machop- 0

Chris:
Eevee- 0
Pikachu- 0
Bulbasaur- 0
Charmander- 0
Squirtle- 0
Pidgeotto*- 0

king of blue

That's me!
Butterfree, Abra, Eevee

YellowHat

The Anticool
Who, Chris? Well, he was recently introduced, and is the same Chris from J.Chris's AFO:FF. He's just younger. :p Thanks for voting, btw.

Mankey, Pidgey, Pidgeotto.

Serina:
Charmeleon- 0
Nidorina- 0
Butterfree- 2
Clefairy- 0
Mankey- 1
Dugtrio- 0

Eric:
Ivysaur- 0
Pidgey- 1
Sandshrew- 0