• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Adventure Face-Off (Red and Blue Version)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jonessodaco.Chris

Is Back Finally!
oh snap lol i call the post...

um hey lol also are you comin back to the BATTLE Tourny face-off cause if you want i could help out and start some rounds to keep it going

YellowHat

The Anticool
I am awaiting a few PMs. Trust me, I haven't forgotten about the BTFO.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------

Misty: Serina! You look like you're pretty confident! Are you ready for a rematch?
Serina: You bet!
Misty: Well, you know the rules! Staryu!
Serina: *hesitates for a moment* Go, Charmeleon!
Misty: Charmeleon? But that's a Fire type.. *to herself* What's she got planned?
Serina: Oh, I hope this is a good idea...

Meanwhile, Eric is out on Route 24, searching for wild pokemon to battle and level up his team. He had originally intended not to try and catch any new pokemon, but he soon realizes that he needs a bit more type diversity in his team.

CURRENT FACE-OFF:
Wild Pokemon! Eric!

Each time you post, vote either "Catch" or "KO" for each pokemon on the list. Whichever option reaches 5 first will win. This continues until all pokemon are finished.

Bellsprout:
Catch- 0
KO- 0

Abra:
Catch- 0
KO- 0

Jonessodaco.Chris

Is Back Finally!
Bellsprout: Catch
Abra: Catch

lol ok im a little impatient i know lol

Pikasaur

Lazy Summer

if abra is caught id send zubat to oak's....but thats just my opinion

Jonessodaco.Chris

Is Back Finally!
um how long before we can vote again... if 30 seconds lol

^^^and zubat NEVER lol its sooooo cool and should become his main flyer

but if its like 30 minutes between voting... then i'll edit and delete the post

Catch Abra
KO Bellsprout

Pikasaur

Lazy Summer
beh...bellsprout coulda made his team

2 flyers
2ground
2 grass

thats why i was voting catch for it.....oh well

YellowHat

The Anticool
Well, this time around I'm doing a much more simplistic voting style. Just so no one gets worried, this is not going to be a permanant style. It's sort of a one time thing, OK?
Loooooooong story this time. Don't fall asleep.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Meanwhile, Eric is out on Route 24, searching for wild pokemon to battle and level up his team. He had originally intended not to try and catch any new pokemon, but he soon realizes that he needs a bit more type diversity in his team.

Eric: What's that? I've seen it before... Abra! One of the Nugget Bridge trainers used one! It's a Psychic type, and I don't have one of those on my team yet... Alright, PokeBall, go!

Eric manages to capture Abra, and defeat a few other wild pokemon as well. He is just finishing off a Bellsprout when Bulbasuar begins that all too familiar transformation.

Eric: Yes, Bulbasaur, you're evolving!

Standing before Eric is what appears to be a larger and tougher looking Bulbasaur. Instead of a bulb sitting upon it's back, it sports a large red flower bud.

Eric: Ivysaur! I can't believe it! I knew all this training would pay off! My team is stronger, I've got a 6th pokemon in my party, and my starter finally evolved! I can't wait to see Serina!

But Serina isn't feeling quite as happy as Eric is. He finds her sulking in the Pokemon Center.

Serina: I just don't get it! I used my highest level pokemon, and it still couldn't win!
Eric: Wait... Serina, your highest level pokemon is Charmeleon.
Serina: Yeah? And?
Eric: You can't just rely on levels to win battles! Charmeleon is a Fire type! What were you thinking?!
Serina: You're saying I should have just gone with my lower leveled pokemon?
Eric: In this case, yes! Serina, We're both new at this, I know, and we're both having difficulties! But I've started to realize what I need to do to get stronger! You already have a great set of pokemon behind you! You just need to learn more about battling!... And I know just the place to take you! Come on!
Serina: Huh? Eric, where-?

But Eric is already out the door. Serina follows him all the way past Route 24 to Route 25, where Serina gasps at the beautiful sight before her. Way out on a peninsula sits a small cottage and another building beside it that reminds her somewhat of Oak's lab. And surrouding them is a vast expanse of water. A slow moving river seperates them and the island where the peninsula is. The river flows out from a canyon, where it eventually disappears in the distance.

Eric: That is Bill's house. People refer to him as the PokeManiac! There's nothing he doesn't know about pokemon. In fact, he discovered quite a bit, ranking him as one of the world's top scientists, even though he's only in his twenties! I'll bet he can teach you all abou-

Suddenly, a huge explosion rocks the ground. A large crater has appeared dangerously close to Bill's house, and a jet black car is now coming straight at them.

Serina: Team Rocket!
Eric: Really? How can you tell?
Serina: Look at that "R" on the hood! It's gotta be the same car I saw at Oak's! Charmeleon! Come out and attack with your Flamethrower!
Charmeleon: Char! *shoots a stream of flames from it's mouth*
Eric: Geodude! Help it out! Rock Throw!

The attacks stop the car dead in it's tracks. Two disgruntled looking figures step from the vehicle. One appears to be a female, the other a male.

Serina: That's the guy! The guy I battled before!
Male Rocket: What the hell- Hey! Camille! That's that pesky brat I told you about!
Camille: Wait. You're telling me you were not only beaten by a little newbie, but it was a girl too? Ha!
Male Rocket: Shut up! *pushes his dark blue hair from his eyes* I'm telling you, she was tough!
Camille: Oh, Gorman. Let me show you how a real Rocket does battle. Hey, kid! You're gonna get it for wrecking our ride!
Gorman: Heh, I'm not gonna slip up this time! Nidoran! Get out here!
Camille: Magnemite! Get out here!
Eric: Uh-oh. Look's like we're gonna have to do a double battle with these two.
Serina: Double battle? But, we've never done-
Eric: Don't worry. Just treat it like a regular battle, Serina. I know you can battle well. I've seen you do it before!
Serina: OK, Charmeleon! Let's do it!
Eric: Geodude, we're counting on you!

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

CURRENT FACE-OFF:
Double Battle at the Cape!

-voting is once per HALF HOUR
-battle ends when all of the pokemon on one side have fainted

Each time you post, do EACH OF THE FOLLOWING:
-heal a pokemon by 1 HP
-hurt a pokemon by 2 HP

Serina and Eric:
Charmeleon- 23
Geodude- 12

VS

Gorman and Camille: