• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Adventure Time Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

PerseusRad

I see you. And you.
I didn't see a thread for this, and it isn't breaking any rules that I could see. This thread is, obviously, discussing the Cartoon Network show, Adventure Time. This is a show about a boy and his dog who go on all sorts of crazy adventures, hence the name. This show is in its 4th season. Feel free to discuss anything relating to it.

I'll start us off. Do you think Jake will ever use his powers to the max?

Gelatino95

Not a tool
I used to think this show was good

Until it basically turned into a bunch of saccharine crap

Even if it has improved since then, I'm not watching it

Autis-misc

Abridger
The show is slowly getting worse. I haven't seen a good episode since last December. but it was great in its 1st season.

Autis-misc

Abridger
I see. It does have somewhat immature humour, but Gelatino, Finn has a new love interest. If it interests you. Flame Princess.

It just proves Adventure time is taking a twilight turn, actually. Finn X Bubblegum VS Flame princess, that made me stop watching it.

PKMN Trainer Rex

~'3'~ Swalot face
Pshaw, Adventure Time is algebraic. I enjoy watching Finn and Jake kicking butt.

Last edited:

Kutie Pie

"It is my destiny."
The show scares me. It could be because of the animation style (the bold colors and lack of shading hurts my eyes), or its content. It could be both. We have a DVD of some of the episodes, so I have seen a bit of the show, but I didn't like any of the episodes. And the whole time, I was sitting there wondering if my parents could hear and understand everything, a lot of the innuendos were so blatantly obvious. Don't get me wrong, I don't mind it when crap gets past the radar, but I prefer it being subtle or clever like how the Animaniacs (or heck, many of the 90s shows) did it.

I have a friend who says I should give it another chance and just pay attention to the side characters, but when I make up my mind, it takes a lot to convince me.

PB and Finn need to get together. Imjusssayian'.
It's a mega funny show. One of the rare ones Cartoon Network is doing right (that and Regular Show).

MonkeyX

I really like Adventure Time, I still think it's pretty funny and it has more mature references. Plus there's LSP, who's just awesome.

SmartD

I've seen this show, it's a pretty neat, although lately I've been missing new episodes. Has anyone seen this week's episode? What will happen next since

[spoil]The Lich now has the Enchiridion[/spoil]

SmartD

Has anyone read the Adventure Time comics? I got one from Free Comic Book Day and it's pretty neat.

Profesco

gone gently
I still like Adventure Time. So far as I can see, the only way it has changed is that now there seems to be an underlying continuity to the stories, which I appreciate.

I think I started out liking it because, whereas Cartoon Network's lineup included mostly toilet humor or stupid humor (the humor was about stupidity, I'm not saying the humor was stupid itself - though my opinion isn't far from that) as seen in things like Flapjack and Chowder, Adventure Time was unexpected in its use of phrases ("algebraic!") and plays on standard adventure game elements (like that dungeon cat monster who knew almost exactly everything) to create novelty. I dislike Regular Show, Adventure Time's apparent "sibling cartoon," because it too relies on the humor of stupid. I don't think stupid is funny; I just think it's stupid.

I also don't like Lumpy Space Princess too much. Episodes with her in it tend to be less appealing to me.

Status
Not open for further replies.