• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Adventure Time or Regular Show?

Adventure Time or Regular Show?

• Total voters

Grovyl

Who dun dug diglett?
Adventure Time or Regular Show and why?
I see there are a lot of these fans, and I feel most of them are rooting for Regular Show. I wanted to know for sure.
I'm going for Adventure Time. Regular Show is funny and all, but I think the story to each episode is always the same. The do something normal, then something irregular happens and they fix it. With Adventure Time it's just always something new, like in every episode they have a different character, and it's just so weird and funny.
So, it's your turn.

Last edited:

Dragard

I wasn't even there.
Neither. They're both crap, in my opinion. New cartoons these days seem like they're made for "dumb" kids, kind of like Fred and The Annoying Orange on YouTube... But, again, my opinion. I can't stand them.

Back in the 90's, they had some great ones. Today, I'm sticking with dark, deep story driven anime like Elfin Lied and Ergo Proxy.

YoshiPikachu

Kabokas rule!
Neither. They're both crap, in my opinion. New cartoons these days seem like they're made for "dumb" kids, kind of like Fred and The Annoying Orange on YouTube... But, again, my opinion. I can't stand them.

I agree! I think all of that is stupid. I would never of been aloud to watch crap like that when I was a kid. I don't know anyone that would.

crystalzapdos

J.J. Swatt

Back in the 90's, they had some great ones. Today, I'm sticking with dark, deep story driven anime like Elfin Lied and Ergo Proxy.

Win.

10char limit.

Dattebayo

Banned

But the shows in the 80's and 90's do the exact same thing, as well as negative continuity and plotholes.

Lucario0708

Destiny Combining...
agreed with guy

but they're both still stupid

a weird kid and an anthropomorphic dog go do random adventures, messed up adventures too i might add

two anthropomorphic animals do random stupid stuff and face a video game-esque villain at the end of each episode, corny

SmartD

I never watched Regular Show, so I picked Adventure Time. I like Adventure Time because it enjoyble and it's sort of like shows from the 90's.

AzukanAsimbu

Petal Paladin
I liked both when I first watched them, but then Adventure Time became too loud and annoying for my tastes..

The only reason I like Regular Show is mostly because of the 80s song references that littler kids wont get but I will

yoursavior

Calm Mind
Regular Show and Adventure Tim are both throwbacks to cartoons of the 90's, with surreal humor, many adult references, and an appeal to both children and adults. I grew up with 90's cartoons and honestly Regular Show can stand toe-to-toe with some of them. A lot of cartoons nowadays are crap but Regular Show, Misadventures of Flapjack, and Adventure Time are diamonds in the rough, there is just too much nostalgia invested in 90's cartoons for a lot of people to see that.

Skiks

MUCH RESPECT
I have to disagree with nostalgia lovers. I like both these shows. And Adventure time is gonna have a really special two part finale with the Lich King showing up. We're actually getting a lot of the subtle things Adventure Time has built up in the background of the show since the beginning. It's actually surprising Adventure Time just pulled a plot suddenly.
I'm also a 90s kid but I'm not gonna tell these kids to get off my lawn. These shows also have the ability to get things under the radar that I find lacking in most kids shows these days.

I don't get anyone who doesn't like these. It's the 90's all over again, with the same surrealist originality, adult-ish humor, and etc.

Regular Show is Ren and Stimpy redux, minus the insanity.

And Adventure Time is a throwback to Rocko's Modern Life and is a more open-ended version of the equally great Flapjack and Chowder.

In other words, Cartoon Network grew back its balls from the 90's. Let's all pray, however, that they don't over-90's everything until TV becomes weirder than the internet. It's possible.

SugarFreeJazz

not present

Yeah, those quality shows like Cow & Chicken, CatDog, and Ed, Edd, n Eddy. :rolleyes:

I haven't seen any episodes of the Regular Show yet, but I have seen the occasional Adventure Time. I... actually liked it.

Paradoxe

not actually psychic
I accidently picked Regular Show. I meant to put Adventure Time. Regular Show seems a little bland, while Adventure Time has its genius moments.

Skiks

MUCH RESPECT
I don't get it either. These are the kind of shows I would have watched actively as a kid. And trust me I went back in time with my old favorites. The 90s produced just as much crap. However Adventure Time and Regular Show are by no means bad.
Also:

>Elfien Lied
>Deep
Pick one. 90s had just as much suck as now and I'd say these show are on par with the best of them. I am not really looking for crazy long plot lines in these cartoons since they were not made for this.

Last edited:

Trainmaster718

ORAS is here!
I'm a pretty huge fan of 90's and early 2000's cartoons, having grown up in that time period. And I can honestly say that Adventure Time is one of the better shows Cartoon Network has shown in a long time in my opinion. It might be because I saw the original Adventure Time with Pen and Jake short during the Nicktoons Animation Festival a few years back and loved it.

Not a fan of Regular Show, however. It seems to me that it kinda showed up and and used a little bit of Adventure Time's momentum, with similar jokes without much action. Honestly, it reminds me of what the mess known as "Flapjack" did to the ever-wonderful Chowder.