• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Adventure Time - The Inconvenient Dungeon, RP Thread (PG-13)

VampirateMace

Internet Overlord
Plot Summary:
You've wandered down an unfamiliar passageway (or soon will), and have found yourself in a strange place known as The Inconvenient Dungeon. The strange twisting and ever-changing corridors here are full of annoying challenges. When you succeed at a challenge you can move forward, possibly towards exiting the dungeon, but if you fail, you'll be warped around the dungeon, usually to a deeper location. Also, you are unable to open portals within the dungeon. Will you make it out?

Approved & Pending Players:
1. (VampirateMace) Peppermint Butler - Candy Person, Tainted
2. (TheCharredDragon) Duke Virogown - Crocodile, Hero
3. (Crash & Charm) Magik - Plant Person, Wizard
4. (Blackkyurem) *Reserved*

Rules:
1. Follow SPPF rules, not flaming, harassment, spam, etc. . .
2. No bunnying (controlling other's characters) without permission.
3. You can decide your own challenges if you like, or request for someone to make them up, if someone else requests a challenge and you want to make it up, remember to be reasonable.
4. Put your character's name at the top of your post.
5. TBA if necessary

Okay, let's go:

Peppermint Butler
* Italics are PB's thoughts.

The shriveled halls, the dilapidated wallpaper, the hard dirt floor, this was definitely not part of the castle. Peppermint Butler let all the pamphlets on The Inconvenient Dungeon, except the one he'd been reading, fall out of his hands as he approached the wall. Only seconds before, it had been the hall he wandered through. Tentatively, he reached out and touched it lightly with his fingertips. It was definitely a solid wall now.

He flipped open the pamphlet, scanning it once more. Then decided, there's no point staying here any longer then necessary. He focused on the wall, opening a portal should be a simple enough task for someone as skilled in the dark arts as he. He withdrew a piece of chalk from inside his coat and traced a magical pattern on the wall.

Focus.

Focus.

Focus.

Peppermint Butler opened one eye. Nothing. The wall was still just a wall, albeit a dirty shabby wall with chalk graffiti on it, “Fudge.” Well, I guess I don't have much choice. With a heavy sigh, he stuffed both the chalk and the pamphlet into his coat's inside pocket. He summoned a quick ball of dark fire to check if his powers were entirely inhibited, or if it was just his portal making abilities. At least I have that. Heh.

He turned and looked down the hall, it was dim and gloomy, not that that really bothered him. Padding along, he got the impression that the hall was getting darker, and smaller, and squishier. The hard dirt floor had given way to mud. What a pain. The mud was getting thicker, deeper, soon there was a murky pool of water before him. Peppermint took a step back, “But, I don't want to swim, I'll get all sticky.” and that would be. . . inconvenient. Ah-ha, this must be my first challenge. What to do? I could try tunneling under it, but if I run into water that way, ugh, that would be worse then just swimming across. Levitation might be an option, if only I knew how far this went. . . Besides it might not be that deep.

Peppermint Butler took off his shoes and rolled up his pants. The murky water was cold, and he thought he saw dark little shapes darting around his legs. Fish?

Soon the water was up to his rolled-up pant legs, and he still couldn’t see the end of it. Guess I'm not wading this. After this, if this dungeon has any bosses, they’re going down so hard.

Crash & Charm

Back I guess
Magik
(Occ: I would enjoy somone inventing a trial for me. If I did it formyslef I would make it too easy, surprise me.)

Magik looked around suspiciously. He was walking throught the streets of the candy kingdom. He didn't like towns, and hated cities. He felt too open, too exposed at times. The open road was much better. However this was he best place to buy gumballs. Magik made a habbit of always buying the best gumballs in town. He had really good ones, but he liked to try other peoples too.

He turned right at an unfamilar alley way. He had never been down this particular path, and wanted to explore. Wandering forwards it got very dark all of the sudden. He turned to see that the entryway behind him had solidified into a black wall.

guess I should just keep moving

(Note: My laptop broke and I am typing this from my tablet. I am sorry if it is a bit short.)

Last edited: