• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Adventure Time

PurpleTitan

King of Unova
April Fool's! They ruined an episode of Adventure Time with awful animation! Pendleton Ward just trolled us.

Zoruagible

Lover of underrated characters
The episode that came out on April 1st was the only episode I hate so far. I didn't like the animation, if they make a cartoon version of it I may change my mind.

It was called "A Glitch is a Glitch" and it was airing on April Fools. Who didn't expect what is was going to look like?

PokeMaster366

I really enjoyed watching "Puhoy" this week.

Even if everything that happened was basically a dream, something about it just bugged me. Could it be that this episode was a clue-in to the idea that Finn wants to start a family soon? He's already seen Jake with Rainicorn and the pups, so it wouldn't really surprise me if he did want to start one soon.

This, however, leads me to another idea (the one that was truly creeping me out).

Not entire sure of the idea that Bubblegum served as some sort of guardian for Marceline when she was younger. Marceline kept mentioning about how Bubblegum made her want to change in some aspect and how she thinks that Bubblegum wanted her to be perfect. It gives off a relationship vibe in that sometimes when one is in a relationship, their partner may want to change certain aspects about the other that they don't like (Like the adage of a nice girl dating a "bad boy" and wanting to change him). I think that fits more about how their relationship might have been, with Marceline feeling like she wasn't good enough for Bubblegum and Bubblegum may have been wanting to change something about Marceline that she thought was insignificant, but to Marceline was very important.

A small theory that I have been messing around with is that sometime in the past Bubblegum and Marceline were an item and true to Bubblegum's scientific disposition, she developed a cure for vampirism (Thinking of it as some sort of disease), hoping to make Marceline human again and not having to always to be with her only at night and other positives that come with being human. Unfortunately, Marceline doesn't take it as well as she hoped shewould, stating that she likes who she is and doesn't want to change, feeling a bit insecure and that Bubblegum doesn't like her for who she is. She probably didn't like the idea of Bubblegum trying to change her and wanting her to fit into this perfect mold and Bubblegum didn't help by being stuck in her scientific mindset (Thinking that everything that can be fixed, should be) and the two just had a falling out.

Most is just from the lyrics in I'm Just Your Problem. From the sound of it, Marceline probably felt that Bubblegum was being who she is, thinking that she is always right and tried to change her in some capacity and Marceline didn't like the idea that what she was, wasn't good enough for her. But even then, she still had those feelings for her and probably still wants her (Lyrics like I want to drink the red out of your pretty pink face sort of lend itself to that kind of thinking.

If this theory does turn out to be canon, one has to wonder what PB would do to FP if the relationship got too intimate. We know that she doesn't want the earth to become a dead lava pit, so it should be known already that PB is going to do something to stop the problem permanently? The question is how? Is she going to actually find a way to rid her of her flame powers for good? Is she going to be a devilish snake and try to get Finn to break off his relationship with FP (maybe convince Finn to dump FP and go back to her)? Is she simply going to be a total ****wad and kill FP with a couple hundred gallons of water and Ice King's powers? So many possibilities, and all of them creep me out.

Rayze Darr

Snubbull Supporter
One other thing that "Puhoy" elaborates on is Finn's arm.

Remember "normal" Finn from "Finn the Human" and "Jake the Dog?" His right arm was robotic. We also see this when Finn imagines his future self in "Moral Folly." Now, in "Puhoy," we see another Finn that has his right arm replaced with pillows that are clearly representative of robotics.

It seems pretty evident to me that, someday, we're going to see Finn get his right arm cut/torn/ripped/decayed/melted off.

If there is a big war between Bubblegum and Flame Princess, and probably their kingdoms, it'll be a huge change for the series. Maybe they'll use this to push another big change: Finn's inevitable arm amputation. Will Finn be put in a situation where he has to sever it himself for the sake of the war? Will it happen in battle? Or... will Flame Princess accidentally burn his arm off?

Zoruagible

Just something funny in the last issue of Mad magazine Adeventure Time is listed as one of the worst things about cartoons... It even made the cover.

Mad's episode that crossed over with Avengers and Adventure Time was funny though

TNTTrustySteve

Regretting Decisions
One thing that I really want to see more of is Simon and Marcy. I want to learn more about the war that happened over 990 years ago. At the end of the special, when he got the chicken soup. The face in the gum. Start of Candy Kingdom? Or something else. I want to find out more. my favorite feminine character happens to be the pillow girl (his later wife in puhoy), but I cant recall her name.

Rayze Darr

Snubbull Supporter
my favorite feminine character happens to be the pillow girl (his later wife in puhoy), but I cant recall her name.

Roselinen. She was pretty adorable, I admit. I almost hope she ends up being real... you know, after Finn and Flame Princess have a peaceful, mutual breakup.

I've been enjoying a lot of the music lately. Shall we all post our favorite songs from the show, perhaps aided by discussion?

I'd like to begin by saying that I LOVE Rebecca Sugar's music, and I'm so sad that she left the show. In addition, my favorite character by far is Marceline. Olivia Olson does an astounding job not only with her speaking voice, but also her singing voice. Fun fact I just learned: Olivia Olson's real life dad actually voices Hudson Abadeer. That's lumping cool.

That being said, for these first two songs that are sung by Marceline, I'll be sharing the Rebecca Sugar versions, since in the actual show, both of these songs are obscured by chatter and background noises. In response to TNT, here's the first ever Simon and Marcie moment in musical form.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KzmlnbnenSI

Now, as any of you who've seen my posts on this topic know, I ship Marceline and Bubblegum so hard. I actually learned that Natasha Allegri, the woman who designed all of the "Fan Fiction World" gender-swapped characters, has a lot of art out that also ships the two. Yes, someone who heavily and actively participates in the franchise's production loves the idea of the two being a couple at one point. As far as I'm concerned, it's officially canon.

Here we have my absolute favorite song in the show. Again, Rebecca Sugar, since in the actual episode, Finn talks over half of it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RrwLI-oNrNk

Finally, I've been practicing this song, in an attempt to seduce a coworker who's a hardcore Fionna fan. Okay, not seriously, but it'd be a pretty amazing way to get her attention, no? Great song regardless, and I am intentionally choosing a video that has Cake's part omitted. Cake just kinda... bugs me.

[video=youtube;XYQiBN6rXcA]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XYQiBN6rXcA[/video]

Alas, Serebii rules, I can only actually embed one video in my post. Still, the one adds some decent flavor to my post, no?

Come now, let's see some more Adventure Time music favorites and discussion!

Dreamy

I didn't really get into Adventure Time, until earlier this year, too busy with other shows and stuff I guess, but it is one of my favorites, how could I have missed out on it for so long

THRILLHO

nothin' at all
i don't really consider myself a fan of this show but i watched it the other morning after a night of drinking with a couple of friends and it was pretty funny (in the same way spongebob was). i won't go out of my way to watch it but i can see why people like it

Zoruagible

Monday's episode was great.
The one from a few weeks ago confused me. I still don't understand if BMO is a guy or a girl.

PurpleTitan

King of Unova
The one from a few weeks ago confused me. I still don't understand if BMO is a guy or a girl.
Maybe BMO is genderless? Like Pokemon such as Magneton or Beldum?

Estellise

peachy

I always figured BMO was genderles...

The most recent episode I watched was Simon and Marcy... And I loved it! ^^ It was really cute. :3 It's probably one of my favourite episodes in the series.

Rayze Darr

Snubbull Supporter

I have three points to make to this post.

1. BMO has been referred to as both. In addition, Bubble was never given a defined gender either. From this, I'd call it fairly safe to assume that they are both genderless.
2. Bubble straight-up said that it didn't know what marriage was, just that it meant spending forever with someone. It's entirely possible, then, that there was never a romantic attachment at all, just friendship.
3. Even if they were both male, why would that matter? Adventure Time has heavily hinted at a previous relationship between Marceline and Bubblegum, and Jake and The Ice King were even married for a short time in one episode. Pendleton Ward is, amazingly, not a complete *******, and has no problem with love between two people of the same sex.

PurpleTitan

King of Unova
I have three points to make to this post.

1. BMO has been referred to as both. In addition, Bubble was never given a defined gender either. From this, I'd call it fairly safe to assume that they are both genderless.
2. Bubble straight-up said that it didn't know what marriage was, just that it meant spending forever with someone. It's entirely possible, then, that there was never a romantic attachment at all, just friendship.
3. Even if they were both male, why would that matter? Adventure Time has heavily hinted at a previous relationship between Marceline and Bubblegum, and Jake and The Ice King were even married for a short time in one episode. Pendleton Ward is, amazingly, not a complete *******, and has no problem with love between two people of the same sex.
BMO was also paired with Ice King by Finn in "All The Little People", if I remember correct. And yes, Pendleton Ward is very accepting of that kind of love. VERY accepting.
Also, wasn't it creepy what Bubble said at the end of BMO Lost? *shudder*
Just like the Ice King breaking the fourth wall in a freaky manner in Beyond This Earthly Realm...They can see what we're doing... (immediately stops picking nose)

Last edited:

Rayze Darr

Snubbull Supporter
I've been watching all of the episodes I haven't seen online, and I came across one of the more recent ones, "Mystery Dungeon."

Yeah, I think Lemongrab is slowly becoming one of my favorites.

0:34-0:44 especially.

[video=youtube;AaEd9WWgpxU]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AaEd9WWgpxU[/video]