• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Adventures in Poke-sitting!

FlamingRuby

The magic of Pokemon
And now, by popular request, I give you my latest...

Adventures in Poke-sitting

Day 1: Morning

The morning sun peeked inside the bedroom window, bathing the room in warm light. But, only one occupant of the room was awake: Pikachu.

"Pikaaa..." he yawned as he sat up, threw off his green thunderbolt blanket, and stretched. "Pika..." he called to the other Pokemon around him. "Pika pi chu!"

"Bulba..." Bulbasaur opened an eye, noticing that Pikachu was awake. "Saur?" he asked, longingly glancing at the large bed in the left hand corner of the room, where Ash lay, asleep. "Bulbasaur?"

"Pika pi pi Pikapi..." Pikachu assured Bulbasaur, running over to Ash's nightstand and flicking on the clock radio. A soothing melody drifted into the room...

"Unngh..." Ash fumbled for the radio and turned it off, then turned to see Pikachu and Bulbasaur looking at him. "Oh...mornin', you guys..." With that, he threw off the covers, climbed out of bed, and trudged towards the closet. "I'll get dressed, then I'll feed you guys, okay?" he called as he rummaged through the various shirts, pants, and other clothes.

"Pika!" Pikachu replied, then called to the other Pokemon, "Pika! Pikapi chu Pikachu!" The remaining Pokemon, Grovyle, Swellow, Cyndaquil, and Totodile, all yawned sleepily as they too woke up...

---------​

"Morning..." Brock called from the stove as Ash and his Pokemon trooped down the stairs into the kitchen.

"Hey, where's Misty?" Ash asked as he grabbed the Pokechow from the counter nearby the stove.

"Well..." Brock thought for a moment as he cracked an egg into the frying pan on top of some already simmering bacon. "Last time I checked, she was out at the mailbox. Now, scrambled or fried?"

"Scrambled, please." Ash replied as he filled the Pokemon bowls. "Okay, guys..." he called, setting the six bowls before the Pokemon. "Enjoy!" He smiled with pride as the content noises of munching and happy Pokemon sounds filled the air. Just before he could get comfortable at the table, he felt a large pile being laid on top of his hands. "Huh?"

"Mail call!" Misty announced as she walked in and got comfortable at the table. "Mmm...smells good in here..."

"Bacon and eggs, anyone?" Brock smiled, cracking another egg into the sizzling pan.

"Make my eggs scrambled, please." Misty called back, then turned her attention to sorting the mail. "Bill, bill, you may have won 10 billion credits...."

"Cool!" Ash cried, triumphantly producing a comic book with a picture of a boy wielding a sword on the cover from the clutter. "I've been waiting a long time for this!"

"What is it?" Brock asked, interested.

Misty leaned over to look at the cover in Ash's hands. "Pokeguardians #25: Raisheal Comes Thundering In"....

"Raisheal is the Pokemon guardian of thunder!" Ash explained. "He transforms by saying...." and he grabbed a keychain that looked similar to the wand the boy was holding and held it in the air. "Pikachu Power!" Nothing happened.

"I think that only works in the comic, Ash." Brock chuckled as he deposited the last of the eggs on his plate and turned the stove off. "Anything for me in all that?"

"Why yes..." Misty rummaged through the clutter and produced an envelope with Brock's name on it. "Here you go."

"Well!" Brock smiled, tearing open the envelope. "It's from my old friend, Kendra!...we used to work together as breeders back in Pewter..." he explained, unfolding the letter inside. "Let's see...it says...

Dear Brock,

I am leaving on vacation to the Rainbow Islands this evening...but I have no one to look after my Azurill, Ami, while I'm away...

If you could look after her for the week, I'd be very grateful.

Enclosed is all the schedules, emergency numbers, and the like. I'll be by to drop her off later today...

Your friend,
Kendra​
"

"Looking after a baby Pokemon?" Ash wondered.

"Sounds fun!" Misty agreed. "Maybe Togepi could make a new friend by the end of the week!" She turned to Togepi, who was busy playing with some blocks in a playpen nearby the table. "Would you like to meet a new friend, Togepi?" she cooed.

"Togi!" Togepi replied, tottling to the playpen's edge, where Misty picked him up and cradled him in her arms, cooing to him all the while.

"If Ami is as easy to take care of as Togepi, this week will fly by in no time!" Ash smiled, leaning back in his chair as the others continued to eat..

---------​

Day 1: Afternoon

Ash lay on the couch, reading his new comic, until he suddenly heard the door slam, followed by Brock and Misty cooing over something. Curious, he climbed off the couch and strolled into the kitchen, where he noticed something small and blue in the palm of Brock's hand.

"Isn't she a darling?" Misty cooed, apparently in love with the tiny Pokemon.

Ash knelt down and studied the tiny blue mouse that lay sleeping in his friend's hand. "She's--" he started...

"SHHH!!! She's asleep." Brock whispered. "She's pretty tired after the trip from Pewter City to here..."

Just then, the little Pokemon perked up at the sound of water dripping. "Azu?" she squeaked, bounding out of Brock's hand in search of the sound.

Ash was puzzled. "Where'd she go?" He ran up the stairs after Ami.

Brock was about to answer until he noticed a cascade of water flowing into the kitchen. "Uh, Misty? We have a waterfall coming down the stairs..."

"We do?" Misty hesitantly took one glance at the slowly flooding floor and gasped. "The kitchen is flooding!" At that second, Pikachu floated by in an inner tube, apparently enjoying the miraculous transformation of the room into the beach.

Brock sighed and sloshed up the stairs, the water getting deeper with every step he took. "I think we'd better go see what she's doing...."

Ash stood waiting the top of the stairs, waist deep in water. "I wouldn't open the door if I were you..." he cautioned, gesturing to the bathroom door, which was struggling to remain attached despite the water leaking out of it.

"Why?" Brock asked, opening the door. No sooner had he asked that, did a HUGE tsunami come rushing from the already flooded bathroom, knocking him backwards.

Ash sighed as he sloshed into the bathroom. "I said not to open it..." Just then, he found the source of the flood: Ami stood by the sink, giggling happily as the sink continued to run...and run...and run... "Ami, that's enough." Ash sighed, shutting the sink off. "We don't flood the house, okay?

Ami just stared blankly at Ash, then began to cry.

"A whole week...of this?" Brock sighed as he began draining the bathroom.

Ladyumbra

... ..no comment
*dances around the ruby which flames* ahem ontothe review. aside fromthe fact that it was a bit short for my liking i reallyenjoyed it. the pcing was pretty good and description as well. suffice to say i'm glad you picked a less obvious baby poke. haha the fatct that it was affected by the sound of water was a nice play as well.all in allgreat ficcy want more .*dances away*

P

PokeManiac

Well, it was a bit short. You need to work on the length a bit more. I sure you will be able to fix that problem. However, description was good, and so was everything else. I liked the part of the flooding and all. Your a gag expert! Keep it up!

E

eternaldarkness

That was good but it could have been longer like others have said. Ami is bad already and they just got started. I can only imagine what will happen next. BUt it was good, noticed a couple grammer errors but nothing so bad. Keep it up!

FlamingRuby

The magic of Pokemon
Ready for more mayhem?

Day 1: Afternoon

"There..." Misty sighed as she emptied out the last bucket of water from the kitchen. "That's the last of it..."

"About time..." Ash sighed, scooping Ami in his arms. "Now, we only leave the sink on until we are done with it, okay?" Ami just stared blankly at Ash, as if he had said something in a foriegn language.

"Translation: Please look at me like I've lost my mind." Brock joked. Misty giggled, only wondering at what their seemingly innocent charge could be plotting...

---------​

"Rock a bye, and good night..." Brock sang--or rather--tried to sing over Ami's constant squalling. "Does anyone know a good way to calm down a crying Azurill?"

"Just try singing to her." Misty called from the living room. "And hurry, because 'Pokeguardians' is about to start!"

"It is? I've been wondering if the Guardians rescue Reina in this episode!" Brock replied back, all the while trying to comfort the crying Ami.

"Well, hurry up and sing so you can find out!" Misty yelled, exasperated.

"Okay..." With that, Brock took a DEEP breath and sang:

"Rockabyebabyinthetreetopswhenthewindblowsthecradlewillrockwhentheboughbreaksthecradlewillfallanddownwillcomebabycradleandall." "Sweet dreams!" Brock called after the now sleeping Ami as he raced down into the living room and jumped onto the couch next to Ash.

"That was quick..." Misty commented.

"Not to mention the world's fastest rendition of 'Rock-a-bye Baby' I've ever heard." Ash agreed.

"And I did it all in one breath, too!" Brock laughed as the TV began to sing the "Pokeguardians" theme song...

----------​

"Karinai! Protect Reina!" the TV blared as the Pokeguardians prepared to battle the Dark Sisters for the fate of a child--Reina.

"All right! This is it!" Brock rubbed his palms excitedly as the two sides stared each other down. Finally, Raisheal drew his sword, and icy storms, fireblasts, thunderbolts, Hyper Beams, and darkness blasts criss-crossed the screen. At that second...

"WAAAAAAAHHHH!!!!" squawked the Pokemonitor sitting on the coffee table.

Brock sighed. "She picks the big battle to wake up...." He grumbled as he got up from the couch and trudged down the hall to the back room, where Ami was squalling profusely. "Now what?" he asked. He grabbed a book from the shelf. "Want a story?" Ami just continued to cry.

"Ooh!" Misty hurried up the stairs and set a tape deck next to Brock. "Do the Torchic Dance! She'll like that!"

"Do the WHAT???" Ash grabbed his popcorn, came up the stars and into the back room, just in time to see Brock flash his hands in front of Ami, flap his arms like a Torchic, shimmy down to the floor, come back up, and clap four times. He tried not to laugh as Brock continued the strange dance.

"The things I have to do to entertain this little girl..." Brock sighed, listening to Ami's delighted squeals as he "danced".

Ash turned and smiled at Misty. "I don't know which is better: "Pokeguardians" or Brock acting completely stupid for a baby..."

"Don't rub it in, Ash...he's embarrassed enough." Misty giggled, noting that Brock's face was Charizard red...

----------​

"Okay, Miss Ami...it's food time!" Ash sang as he set Ami down on the counter. "See?" he cooed as he showed Ami some fruits. "Yum yum...these are...good...for...you..." he started, only noticing a trail of cookie crumbs leading from the counter, on the floor, out of the kitchen, up the stairs, and into the back room.

"Follow those crumbs!" Misty called, leading the way into the back room, where Ami sat in her crib, scarfing down a stash of cookies.

"A-HEM!" Brock started, startling Ami.

"Rill?" Ami asked, offering Brock a cookie.

"Oh no..." Brock explained as he took the cookies from Ami. "If you eat too many of those, you'll get sick." No sooner had he said that, a splat came from the crib, followed by a cry of "EWWW!!!!"

"Too late..." Ash sighed as he stripped the soiled sheets from the crib...

Day 1: Evening

"Okay..." Misty sighed as she tucked Ami in for bedtime. "Who wants to read Ami a story before bed?

"I will!" Brock volunteered. "Excuse me while I prepare...but which story does she want to hear?"

"Hmm..." Misty thumbed through the storybook for a moment, then pointed out a story. "Read her this one here..."

"Okay..." and Brock disappeared from the room...

Ash was puzzled. "Just how long does it take to get ready to tell a story?"

"I think it's fixing to turn into a stage show..." Misty giggled as Brock hauled in parts of costumes, a few sets, and Misty's tape deck.

"Ready for your story, Ami?" Brock cooed.

"Rill Ri!" Ami smiled.

"Okay...and Brock turned the lights off. When a spotlight reappeared on him, he was now in an elaborate vest and pants. "Today I present to you a story that takes place in a far away land..." he began, as a set of a forest and castle appeared behind him. "Now, this kingdom was being plundered by a great and terrifying dragon..." he continued, making a Dragonite shadow with his hands to illustrate his point. "The people were so afraid of the dragon, the king decreed..." and Brock paused to throw on a purple cape and a costume crown, so he looked something like a king. "Whoever defeats the dragon will have my daughter's hand in marriage." he continued in a "king-making-a-decree" voice...much to Ami's delight.

Ash snickered as the "show" unfolded, complete with Brock dressing up like Link, to "slay" the Dragonite shadow. "He sure knows how to put on a show..."

"...and they all lived happily ever after...the end." Brock concluded. Ash and Misty applauded as Brock took a bow.

Misty paused to give Ami a kiss. "Sweet dreams..."

"Azu..." Ami sighed as she went to sleep.

E

eternaldarkness

Well that was funny. The Torchic dance, wow. Also the way he told the story. Very interesting indeed but I felt you could have described things a little bit more also it was still the same length as the first and could be a little bit more longer. But it was funny with Brock trying his best. If I was them I would plus a passafire in its mouth and lock it in the room. Thats why I don't babysit!

FlamingRuby

The magic of Pokemon
Trivia: The Torchic Dance is a reference to the real-world Chicken Dance.

"Pokeguardians" is a HUGE reference to "Sailor Moon" (my OTHER fav. anime, after Pokemon)

Coming up in Day 2:

--The Great Dishes Balancing Act!
--The Bathroom Floodeth, part 2
--Ami <3 Brock's guitar playing...
--Trashin' the Bedroom!

FlamingRuby

The magic of Pokemon
Day 2, Morning

"Good morning, guys!" Ash called as he strolled into the kitchen and grabbed some milk from the refrigerator. "What's going on?"

"I'm letting Ami help me put the dishes away." Misty called from the sink, washing the dishes Brock had used to prepare the morning's breakfast: cinnamon rolls. Ami sat nearby, sorting the forks, spoons and knives.

"How did you teach her to do that?" Ash asked as he sat down and poured a glass of milk for himself.

"I told her the forks are used to pick up the food, the spoon to scoop up food, and the knife to cut the food." Misty explained as she returned to scubbing the pans in the sink.

Just then, Brock noticed that a plate had somehow fallen out of the cabinet and was hurtling towards the floor. "Look out!"

"I got it!" Ash dashed from his chair and caught the plate in his hands before it hit the floor. "Whew..." But before he could return the plate to the cabinet, a second plate fell on top of the first plate!

"What the..." Misty asked as more plates, cups, silverware, and other dishes rained from the cabinet above.

"Uh, Misty? I could use some help over here..." Ash grunted as he struggled to balance the five plates in his right hand, three cups in the other hand, a cup and three more plates on his head, and several more cups on one foot.

"Wonder how all the silverware wound up on you, Ash?" Brock laughed, taking a bite of his cinnamon roll.

Ash looked to see Ami peeking out from the empty cabinet, clutching a lemon candy in her paws. "Ril azu?" she asked, offering the candy to Ash.

"Not--whoa---right...yipe!--now, Ami..." Ash stammered. "I'm--yipe!--trying..."

"Azu azu!" Ami giggled, tossing the candy into the air!

"Uh..." Brock started, but winced as the candy landed on the last plate, causing Ash to lose his balance, sending all the silverware crashing to the floor!

"I said no, okay?" Ash grumbled as he eased himself to his feet and helped Misty sweep up the bits of the plates.

"Look at it this way..." Brock assured Ash as he helped sweep up plate bits. "I have plenty more plates to replace these!" At this, Ami's eye's brightened, thrilled at the prospect of pushing off more plates. "But they're not for you to break!" he sternly told Ami as the cleanup continued...

---------​

"Okay, Ami..." Misty cooed as she filled up the bathtub. "It's time for your bath..."

"Azu..." Ami grumbled as she watched the water in the bathtub rise.

"I know you don't want to..." Misty continued as she grabbed a few bath toys and placed them in the water. "but you do want to be nice and clean, don't you?"

"Azu?" Ami smiled. "Rill azu!"

"Would you want to enter a Cute contest?" Misty asked as she carefully set Ami in the water. "If you want to win first prize, you'll want to look clean and pretty for the judge."

"Rill ril!" Ami chirped, splashing around excitedly.

"Okay, I'll let you play for a while." and Misty left the room...

"Ril ril azu rill!" Ami laughed to herself as she scooted a boat across the water. Next, she grabbed several more boats and laid them out all in a row--or rather--sailed them into a row... "Ril!"

"Pika?" Pikachu and the other Pokemon walked in the bathroom, curious as to what Ami was doing. "Pika pi chu?"

"Azuri azu rill!" Ami explained, proudly showing off the fleet of boats that bobbed in the water. "Ril azu ril!"

"Grov grovyle vyle..." Grovyle commented.

"Pika?" Pikachu asked, curious to know the answer to Grovyle's question.

Grovyle curled himself in a ball and leapt into the air. "GROV-VYYYLLLLEEEE!!!!" he cried as he landed in the water with a gigantic splash.

Totodile looked down and noticed the water was up to his legs. "Toto toto!" he commented, applauding Grovyle for his cannonball dive.

"Pika!" Pikachu commented. "Pika pi pi chu!" Sure enogh, the bathtub was empty, save for Ami in one corner, and a soaked Grovyle.

"Quil cynda cynda quil!" Cyndaquil begged. Totodile hopped over to the bathtub faucent and helped Cyndaquil turn the water on, causing the bathtub to fill again. When the tub was full again...

"GROVYYYYYYLLLLEEEE!!!!!"

"PIKAAAAA!!!!"

Pikachu was the first to land in the water, but Grovyle once again emptied the entire tub. Ami, meanwhile, laughed with delight as Cyndaquil and Totodile began filling up the bathub again...

---------​

Meanwhile, in the living room, Brock and Misty relaxed on the couch--Misty reading a new novel, and Brock watching a baseball game on TV.

"Isn't this nice, hearing the Pokemon playing in there?" Misty mused as she heard the laughter coming from the bathroom.

"Well..." Brock began as he watched the pitch fly into the outfield. "I'm not sure what they're doing in there...but all I'm hearing is the water running, a big splash, laughter, more water running, another splash, more laughter, water running again, yet another big splash...

"Your point?" Misty asked.

"Does a waterfall coming down the stairs sound familiar?" Brock sighed, gesturing to a pool of water collecting at the bottom of the stairs. Misty gasped, sloshed up the stairs, and threw open the door, where five sopping wet Pokemon and a flooded bathroom met her eyes. "Who did this?" All the other Pokemon pointed at Grovyle.

"Grov?" Grovyle asked. "Vyle Groooov?" he mused in a romantic voice.

"Sorry, Grovyle, but the sweet talk doesn't work on Misty, no sir!" Misty snapped, leading Grovyle into a time out area. "Now, you sit here and think about what you did! The bathtub is not a swimming pool!"

"What happened?" Ash asked as he sloshed up the stairs.

"Grovyle flooded the bathroom by doing cannonball dives into the bathtub...Misty grumbled as she grabbed the buckets...again...

Aw, this is SO CUTE!!! *huggles all the Pokémon in the fic* Is Swellow going to make a decent appearence soon? BTW, I wonder if Grovyle's learned that romantic charm from Totodile...

FlamingRuby

The magic of Pokemon
Day 2: Afternoon

"Now that THAT's settled..." Misty began as she finished emptying out the last of the water from the bathtub/swimming pool incident.

"We need to think of something that will keep Ami and the other Pokemon entertained so they won't get into trouble." Ash interjected. "I mean, half the silverware's gotten broke, the bathroom's been flooded..."

"Twice..." Brock sighed, trying not to remember the sink incident from the day before.

"So, what do you have in mind?" Ash wondered.

Misty thought for a moment, then replied "We could all gather in the living room and sing songs..."

"Yeah!" Ash agreed. "Brock could play his guitar too!"

"And since they'll all be singing...there will be no possible way they could get in trouble!" Misty smiled, pleased with herself. "Come on...Ami would probably enjooy hearing you sing, Brock."

"Okay, let me go get ready..." and Brock led the way out...

---------​

"Azuri?" Ami asked, curious as Misty brought her into the living room.

"We're going to sing songs for a while!" Misty cooed as she settled in on the couch. Ash sat nearby in an easy chair, and Brock sat in a chair facing the others, hard at work tuning a beautiful deep brown guitar.

"Ril ri?" Ami asked, pointing at the guitar.

"That's called a guitar, Ami..." Ash explained. "What Brock does is pluck the strings with one hand, and puts his other hand in different positions to make the different notes...but before he can play, he has to be sure all the strings sound just right."

"Ri?" Ami was confused.

"If one of the strings sounded wrong, Brock won't sound very pretty, and if he doesn't sound pretty, not too many people will want to listen to him." Misty explained. "And you want Brock to make lots and lots of pretty music, don't you?"

"Azu!" Ami chirped excitedly.

"Okay...I'm ready." Brock assured everyone. With that, he started to play a soothing melody...

This old guitar, taught me to sing a love song.... he sang.
It showed me how to laugh, and how to cry...
It introduced me to some friends of mine, brightened up some days...
It helped me make it through some lonely nights, oh...
What a friend I have, on a cold and lonely night...

This old guitar, gave me my lovely lady...
Brock continued, longingly looking at a picture of Professor Ivy on the mantel.
It opened up her eyes and ears to me...yes it did...
It brought us close together, I guess it broke her heart...
But, it opened up the space for us to be, e-he-e...
What a lovely place, a lovely space to be...

This old guitar, gave me my life, my living...
And all the things you know I love to do...
To serenade the stars that shine from a sunny mountainside...
But, most of all...
Brock turned and smiled at Ami. to sing my songs for you...ooh-hoo-ooh...
I love to sing my songs for you, yes I do, oh...
I love to sing my songs...for you...

Hmm....
Ooh-hoo-di-di, ooh-doo-doo-doo-doo-doo...
Oh...oo-oh...
Hmm...

Brock continued to play for a little longer, then gave the strings one last slow strum, ending the song.

"Azuriiiii!" Ami cheered, enthusiastically applauding.

"Pikachu!" Pikachu agreed, leading the applause.

"Azuri ril azu!" Ami begged.

"Play something with a beat?" Brock asked. "Okay..." He snapped a few times before starting a jazzy blues riff.

"Oh yeah!" Ash leapt up from his chair and began to dance to the song. Ami, however, was more fascinated in watching Brock's fingers dance up and down the guitar fingerboard than Ash's stomping and jumping.

"Yeah!" Brock cried when he finished the song. "Okay...this next song requires some audience participation..." he began as Ash moved his chair close by. "Ash will show you what to do, and you imitate what he does, okay?"

"Rill!" Ami replied. The other Pokemon nodded.

"Here we go..." and Brock started a rollicking rhythm...

One finger alone, keep moving... Ash held up a finger.
One finger alone, keep moving...
One finger alone, keep moving...
We'll all be merry and bright!

One finger, one thumb, keep moving...
Ash held up a finger, then stuck out a thumb.

One finger, one thumb, one arm, keep moving...
Ash held up a finger, stuck out a thumb, then cocked his arm.

One finger, one thumb, one arm, one leg, keep moving...
Ash held up a finger, stuck out a thumb, cocked his arm, and kicked out his right leg.

One finger, one thumb, one arm, one leg, and nod your head, keep moving...
Ash held up a finger, stuck out a thumb, cocked his arm, kicked out his right leg, and gave a quick nod.

"Now comes my favorite part!" Brock interjected. He then sang "One finger, one thumb, one arm, one leg, and nod your head, stand up, sit down, keep moving... All the Pokemon howled with laughter and tried to keep up as Ash held up a finger, stuck out a thumb, cocked his arm, kicked out his right leg, gave a quick nod, then quickly stood up and sat back down.
One finger, one thumb, one arm, one leg, and nod your head, stand up, sit down, keep moving...
One finger, one thumb, one arm, one leg, and nod your head, stand up, sit down, keep moving...

One finger one thumb, one arm, one leg, and nod your head, stand up, sit down, stick out your tongue, keep moving...
Even more laughter ensued as Ash held up a finger, stuck out a thumb, cocked his arm, kicked out his right leg, gave a quick nod, quickly stood up and sat back down, and stuck out his tongue.
One finger one thumb, one arm, one leg, and nod your head, stand up, sit down, stick out your tongue, keep moving...

"Okay...now comes the real fun!" Brock announced. "Ash has shown you what to do, now it's your turn to copy the movement as Ash and I sing the song. However...you need to be listening for me to do this..." and Brock gradually got louder for three beats. "When I do that, we'll all sing the 'We'll all be merry and bright' part and end the song, regardless of what movement you're on, okay?" The Pokemon nodded, indicating they understood.

"Hear that? When the music gets louder, the song's over, okay?" Misty explained to Ami.

"Are you guys ready?" Ash called. The Pokemon cheered in agreement.

"Here we go!" and Brock began the song again. "One finger alone, keep moving...

"One finger alone, keep moving... Ash echoed as he led the other Pokemon, Misty and Ami. The room soon turned into a flurry of words, music and activity as the group moved their way throught the song.

After several rousing renditions, the music gradually got louder...

WE'LL ALL BE MERRY AND BRIIIIIGHT!!!!' the group sang one last time.

"Azu ri!" Ami giggled as the others applauded.

"Ami says she wants to do it again!" Misty called.

"We'll do it again some other time, okay?" Brock assured Ami as he began another song...

Day 2: Evening

"Whew...that song session was fun!" Ash smiled as he tucked Ami in for the night.

"Tomorrow..." Brock explained, getting Misty and Ash's attention. "We're going to go out to the park and have a picnic!"

Misty smiled down at Ami. "Hear that? We're going to the park tomorrow! Won't that be fun?"

"Azu azu azuri!" Ami replied, holding out a finger and sticking out a thumb to illustrate her point.

"I think she likes the 'one finger, one thumb' song..." Ash whispered to Brock as he switched off the light...

Last edited:

FlamingRuby

The magic of Pokemon
Day 3: Early Morning

Pikachu yawned as he rolled around in bed. The sun was not yet up...and here he was, wide awake...so since he didn't feel like going back to sleep, he climbed out of bed and tiptoed over to the back room, being extra careful not to wake Ash.

But, the door to the back room was closed...so Pikachu began to push against it with all his might, until it opened with a creak.

"Azuri?" Ami woke up, startled by the noise. "Azu azu?" she called as she tottled over to the crib's edge and looked down.

"Pi pika Pikachu..." Pikachu assured Ami as he climbed in the crib with her. "Pika pi...pi pika pi pi?" he asked.

"Zu!" Ami cried, clapping her paws excitedly at the prospect of playing in the living room.

"Pika..." Pikachu cautioned as he helped Ami onto the ground and started out the door. "Pika pikachu pika..."

"Azuri?" Ami asked.

"Chu pi Pikapi, Pikachupi, pi Pipika..." Pikachu explained. "...pika PIKA pika pikachu!" He made an angry face to illustrate his point.

"Azu..." Ami sighed as the two others walked past Ash's room again. "Azu azurill ri rill!" she called to the other Pokemon. "Rill azu?"

"Saur!" Bulbasaur led the other Pokemon downstairs...

---------​

"Pika pi!" Pikachu announced as the Pokemon entered the living room. But before he could say any more, he heard a Click clack click clack clack click.... coming from Ash's computer. "Pika?"

"Azuri!" Ami giggled as she tapped away on the keyboard.

RRRIPPP!!!! Grovyle had found a stack of printer paper and had ripped a piece in half, laughing as the two halves fluttered to the floor.

Click click-clack click.... Ami continued to type.

CRASSSHHH!!! Swellow and Bulbasaur sent the forks, spoons and knives tumbling to the kitchen floor.

WAAAAAOOOOHHHH..... Pikachu, meanwhile, had rolled up a piece of paper into a cone shape and was trying to get a note out of it, but was not doing a very good job of it.

Click click-clack click clickety click clack... Ami started to type in a rhythmic pattern...

ZANG! BANG! PANG! Cyndaquil and Totodile had found some pots and pans to bang on....

RRRIPPP!!! Grovyle ripped another piece of paper in half.

CRASHHHH!!!! Swellow kicked over the trash can, spilling its contents on the floor.

The noise began to meld together...

CRASHHHH!!!!

Click click-clack click....

WAAAAAOOOOHHHH.....

Click click-clack click....

RRRIPPP!!!

ZANG! BANG! PANG!

CRASHHHH!!!!

WAAAAAOOOOHHHH.....

RRRIPPP!!!!

"Aru ri, azurill, ri ri rill ri..." Ami sang as she typed away. "Azuri azuri, azurill..."

"Pika pika chu pika..." Pikachu joined in, blowing a note with his makeshift "instrument".

"Cynda quil, cynda cyn, cynda quil..." Cyndaquil sang over his exuberant drumming.

"Toto dile to to..." Totodile chimed in.

"AZU, AZUUUU!" Ami half screamed, half sang as the cacophony of noise continued...

----------​

"Brock..." Misty yawned as she grabbed a pillow to shield her ears from the noise downstairs. "What's all that noise?"

"Sounds like a mixture of keyboard keys, paper ripping, something that sounds kinda like a trumpet, stuff being knocked over, pots and pans getting banged on..." Brock mumbled as he changed positions. "Could be just your imagination..."

"Oh no, I'm hearing something going on in there..." Misty sighed as she glanced at the clock. "It's...FOUR IN THE MORNING????

"What's going on?" Ash raced in the room, curious about why Misty was awake. "Something wrong?"

"Yeah..." Misty grumbled. "I think we should go see why the Pokemon are awake at this hour..."

"Come on..." Brock led the way downstairs, just in time to see the living
room--or rather, what the living room would look like had a tornado gone through it-- and hear Ami sing one last chorus of "AZU, AZU!!!!"

"WHAT'S GOING ON IN HERE???" Misty demanded as she studied the warzone that used to be the living room.

"Pika pi..." Pikachu asked sweetly, blowing a few notes on his "instrument"

"Yeah, the paper trumpet's neat, but you really shouldn't be playing it at four AM..." Ash explained as he led Pikachu to the time out area...

---------​

Day 3: Morning

Ami watched intently as Brock set a picnic basket on the table. "Ril?" she asked.

"We're going to go have a picnic in the park today..." Ash explained. "so you need to tell us what you want to bring."

"Rill azu?" Ami begged.

"Pika pi?" Pikachu agreed.

"Yeah, we'll go play on the playground while we're there...but what kind of food do you want to have?" Ash asked.

"Cynda!" Cyndaquil suggested.

"Toto toto!" Totodile added.

"Pipika pika pi!" Pikachu suggested, gesturing to the cookie jar to prove his point.

"Okay..." Brock finished writing down Pikachu's suggestion. "Sandwiches, chips, fruit, and cookies for dessert...how's that?"

"Perfect!" Misty cried. With that, the group scrambled about the kitchen to get ready...

----------​

Brock set down an armful of cookie supplies on the table. "This is what we need to make cookies..." he explained to Ami. "so if you and Pikachu behave yourselves, I'll let you lick the bowl when we're done, okay?"

"Azu!" Ami chirped, watching intently as Brock set a plate of butter in the microwave.

"We're melting the butter so it'll allow the cookies to get nice and firm, not gooey." Brock explained as he got out a bowl and measured out the dry ingredients.

Pikachu, meanwhile, grabbed the vanilla bottle, unscrewed the top, and took a big sniff of the sweet aroma. "Pika pi?" he asked, offering the bottle to Ami.

"Ril!" Ami also took a whiff of the sweet liquid. "Azu!"

"It smells good, doesn't it?" Brock smiled as he added the melted butter and an egg into the bowl. "I'll take this, thank you." With that, a teaspoon of vanilla was added into the mixture.

"Ril azu?" Ami asked, pointing out a cinnamon stick on the platter.

"Pika pi Pipika pikachu!" Pikachu explained. "Chu pika pika!"

"That's right, Pikachu...that's my special secret ingredient." Brock smiled as he ground up some cinnamon and added that in the mixture...

----------​

"Mmm...smells good in here..." Misty smiled as she walked in the kitchen.

"Pipika pi chu!" Pikachu explained as he licked up his share of the leftover batter.

"Ril!" Ami agreed.

"Well, once these are ready, we'll be ready to go!" Brock assured the others.

"Ril ri?" Ami asked, geturing to the oven.

"The cookies are very hot when they come out..." Brock explained as he set the pan on the counter. "If you tried to eat them now, you'd get a big owie in your mouth...and you don't want that, do you? Ami shook her head no...

"Goin' on a picnic, leavin' right away...if it doesn't rain, we'll stay all day!" Misty sang to Ami as she carried her out to the porch, where Swellow was waiting...

Last edited:
Uh...Azurill don't have paws, Ruby. That was a cute little orchestra that the Pokémon put on. Makes me want to do a little singing of my own...*chooses an MP3 to play* Pikachu, Kairyuu, Yadaron, Bijion...;)