• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Adventures in Poke-sitting!

FlamingRuby

The magic of Pokemon
Okay, i apologize for the delay...but at the same time i came up with the "Brock-impersonating Mario" idea, I dreamed up a bunch of other "Brock impersonating game characters" scenarios...and now I can't decide which one to use!

Well I think the Mario one is such a good idea, that you really shouldn't pass it up. It would be very intresting to see TR with a Bowser Mecha. :D

Go for it, I'll be waiting.

FlamingRuby

The magic of Pokemon
Day 4: Morning

"Last time, on 'Pokeguardians'..." the TV announced. "The Black Kingdom, under the rule of the evil Queen Garnetia, has arrived on Earth! Caught in the middle of this conflict is Cathrine, a mild-mannered 13-year-old who has plenty of other things to worry about other than saving the world...but when she receives a surprise visit from Articuno, one of the advisors of the lost Pokemon Kingdom, she rediscovers her identity as Karinai, Pokeguardian of Fearow..."

"Pika pi?" Pikachu asked as he watched the various images from the previous day's episode flash on the screen.

"You thought Karinai's tiara attack looked cool?" Ash chuckled. "Well, we're about to find out what happens to Karinai and Articuno today..." With that, he leaned back in the easy chair as the TV sang the 'Pokeguardians' theme song.

Just then, Misty walked in the room carrying a camera in one hand and Ami in the other. Just as she was about to set the camera down on the table, she stepped in front of the TV...

"Pika!" Pikachu snapped as he jumped across the blanket, trying to see the screen over Misty.

"Pikachu says 'down in front!' Ash laughed.

"Well if you don't mind, I've got to find a place to set this stuff down so I can go get ready..." Misty explained as she set down her camera and a few boxes of film on the coffee table. "I'm going to test out my new camera at the scenic overlook this afternoon."

"Sounds like fun!" Ash replied.

"Can I trust you to look after my camera while I take a shower?" Misty asked as she walked off towards the bathroom.

"Sure! I can do that!" Ash smiled as he turned his attention back to the TV.

---------​

After a few minutes, Ash lay sprawled in the easy chair, asleep. Pikachu, meanwhile, took the opportunity to inspect Misty's camera. Just as he finished climbing on the table...

"Azu?" Ami wandered in the room, curious as to why Pikachu was perched on the coffee table.

"Pika..." and Pikachu eased himself the rest of the way upwards, so that he was in front of the camera. "Pika pi pika..." he explained, gesturing to the camera. "Pika chu..." and he pressed the shutter, making the flash go off!

"Ril!" Ami gasped, shielding her eyes from the bright light.

"...pi pika pikachu!" Pikachu continued, picking up the picture that had slid out of the camera.

"Azu..." Ami replied, giggling at the picture. "Azu rill! Azu rill!"

"Pika!" Pikachu waited as Ami made a silly face for the camera before pressing the shutter again.

"Cynda!" Cyndaquil raced in the room, piqued by the flashing light.

"Toto toto!" Totodile agreed.

"Pika pi!" Pikachu announced. He waited as Cyndaquil hugged Totodile close, then pressed the shutter again.

"Azuri?" Ami asked, modeling a small feather boa for the camera.

Cyndaquil stuck out his tongue as the flash went off again. Totodile also made a stupid face, eager to get his picture taken.

"AH HA!" a voice called, surprising the Pokemon! Brock stood in the doorway, a confident "I-caught-you-in-the-act!" smile on his face. "Didn't Misty say not to mess with the camera?" he asked as he loaded more film in the camera...

---------​

Day 4: Afternoon

"That's strange..." Ash mused as he watched Brock attempt to feed Ami some mushrooms. "She's eaten all the other veggies I've given her, but every time I feed her those, she won't eat them!"

"Have you done the dump truck act?" Brock asked.

"Yeah..." Ash explained. "I've even done the airplane and the spaceship too, and those didn't work!"

"Then I have an idea..." and Brock cleared his throat. "It's-a me, Mario!" he began in a fake Italian accent. Ami just sighed as she studied the spoonful of mushrooms in Brock's hand.

"Uh, Brock? That doesn't sound realistic enough..." Ash began. "A little more 'ee' in 'It's-a' should do it..."

"Okay..." and Brock cleared his throat again. "It's-a me, Mario!" he cried, in a VERY realistic Mario voice. Ami thought this was wildly funny, and nearly fell to the floor laughing.

Brock sighed and returned the mushrooms to the can. "She thinks it's funny, at least..."

"Well..." Ash began as he put his plate in the sink. "Maybe she'll eat them for dinner..."

Just then, the door slammed. "I'm back!"

"Misty!" Ash smiled as Misty set her camera gear down on the table. "Did you get any nice pictures?"

"Oh yes, I did..." Misty replied as she grabbed a some bread, ham, cheese, and mustard from the pantry. "Did Ami eat the veggie mix I gave her?"

"She ate everything BUT the mushrooms..." Ash sighed. "Brock even tried doing his famous Mario impression, but that only cracked her up!"

Misty laughed. "Well, at least we know what to do when she refuses to eat..."

Man; it seemed like yesterday that Pikachu was scared of cameras...;) I can do a good Mario impression too; but I'm even better at Yoshi! And other Pokémon, too... I'm talented.^_^;

FlamingRuby

The magic of Pokemon
Brock's only getting warmed up, you know....the next installment inolves him dressing up in the full costume!

P

PokeManiac

Nice one! I like the whole idea. The description was good, but length could be a tad more better, but it is good. Keep it up!

M

mystic_girl

That is the funniest thing on earth. *chokes of laughter* i want the next chapter & i want it now i dont care if your to bizy but i want it now. I just luv the hole idea keep it up FlamingRuby. its just my opinion but this story should be published.

FlamingRuby

The magic of Pokemon
Okay, let the mayhem begin!

"Okay, Ami...it's time for your nap..." Misty cooed as she pulled back the covers in the crib and set a sleepy-eyed Ami inside. "You know what to do, Brock?"

"Oh no..." Brock stammered, making a run for the door. "I'll sing for her, but I'm not going to dance..."

"Well then, sing!" With that, Misty set the Pokemonitor to 'RECORD' and left the room.

"Hmm..." Brock thought for a minute, desprate for a song. "You're probably getting tired of me singing 'Rock-a-Bye Baby' aren't you?"

"Azu." Ami yawned.

"Well..." and Brock started for the door. "Wait there, I'm gonna go find something a little more upbeat to sing..."

----------​

"Are you sure you want me to play with you?" Ash asked as he followed Brock into the back room, both carrrying instruments. "I mean, I'm not that great at the saxophone...at least not yet."

Brock winced. "Yeah, I remember Misty complaining the last time you practiced..." and he spoke in a voice that sounded very similar to Misty's, "Ash! If you don't stop that noise right now, I'm going to shove your instrument down your throat!" Ami thought this was wildly funny, and burst out laughing until she caught the hiccups.

"That was pretty good, Brock!" Ash laughed. "Where do you get all your impressions? I actually thought you were Misty there for a moment!"

"Easy...lots and lots of practice." Brock replied as he settled in his chair with his guitar and tuned up. "Want to hear me do Professor Oak?"

"Yeah!" Ash laughed.

Brock cleared his throat, then spoke in Professor Oak's voice, "According to my research, one of these little guys managed to hurl themselves farther than 33 feet!" Ami laughed even more at this.

"Now do May!" Ash begged.

"Oh, I wish I had a Beautifly of my own!" Brock replied in May's voice.

"Pika pika pikachu!" Pikachu suggested.

"Do a Mightyena howl? I don't know..." Brock was unsure. "That might scare Ami."

"Pika?" Pikachu begged.

"Okay..." and Brock took a deep breath, letting loose with a loud and realistic Mightyena howl. "AROOOO-Hoo-hoo-hoo!"

"Brock! Misty called from downstairs, stopping Brock mid-howl. "Stop scaring Ami and sing!"

"Okay...I guess that means I can't yodel for her either..." Brock sighed, continuing to tune his guitar.

"Go on, Brock!" Ash begged, "Yodel for her!"

"All right then..." and Brock launched into a rollicking melody, complimented with a loud "O-del-lo-i-day, o-hi-day-i-day-i, ay-di-di, ay-i-di, o-del-lo-hi-day-hi-di..."

"A-HEM!!!!" came a voice from downstairs, stopping Brock mid-song.

"Sorry, Misty!" Brock stammered. "Got a little too carried away in my lullaby!"

"That didn't sound like a lullaby to me!" Misty yelled back. "Now, do it right this time!"

"Guess I'd better sing the song I was originally going to sing..." and Brock started a simple bluesy melody on his guitar...

I'm walkin', yes indeed and I'm talkin'...
About you and me, I'm hopin'...
That you'll come back to me, yeah-yeah...

Pikachu led the clapping as Brock continued:

I'm lonely, as I can be, I'm waitin'...
For your company, I'm hopin'...
That you'll come back to me!

What you gonna do when the well runs dry?
You gonna run away and hide?
I'm gonna run right by your side!
For you, pretty baby, I'll even die!

Ami started to laugh and dance to the song as Ash started his own melody on sax, complimenting Brock's guitar. After the two finished a rousing duet, Brock contued to sing:

That you'll come back to me, mm-mm...

I'm lonely, as I can be, I'm waitin'...
For your company, I'm hopin'...

What you gonna do when the well runs dry?
You're gonna sit right down and cry?
What you gonna do when I say bye-bye?
All you gonna do is dry your eye!

About you and me, I'm hopin'

"Azu azuri!" Ami giggled as the song continued.

"Again?" Brock laughed as he continued the simple melody. "Okay, sing along with me!" he cried as he began the song again: "I'm walkin', yes indeed and I'm talkin'...
That you'll come back to me...

---------

"Is Ami sleeping all right?" Misty asked when she came into the room.

"Actually..." Ash snickered. "I think Brock needs the nap more than Ami does!"

"Why?" and Misty turned to look at Brock relaxed in his chair, asleep, but still strumming the simple melody from earlier. "That must be a easy song if Brock can play it in his sleep..."

"Or he's playing it in his dream!" Ash smiled as he trooped downstairs. "If you need me, I'll be in my room."

"Okay...and Misty sat down next to the crib, where Ami lay snoozing. "You like the song Brock's playing?" she asked.

"Zu.." Ami just yawned and changed positions....

This is quite good and funny. lol :D

I loved Brock's very impresive immitations of certian charcters. They were so good for a laugh. (I was having a bad day, and I really needed one. Thanks.) :)

Keep up the good work.

FlamingRuby

The magic of Pokemon
Thanks! I got the idea after watching a certain comedian that came to our town...he did impressions so I figured those world be perfect.

Be patient...the big Mario joke is coming...but should I throw in a Zelda one to be fair?

I don't know.

You seem to be a bit lost about what you want to put into the story. Take some time to think about it. But don't take too much, we really want to see how this story goes.

*Waits impaiently for the Mario impersination one.*

Medly

Latila's future
pokeplayer984 said:
I don't know.

You seem to be a bit lost about what you want to put into the story. Take some time to think about it. But don't take too much, we really want to see how this story goes.

*Waits impaiently for the Mario impersination one.*
yeah i want the mario impersaytion too *waits very Impanitly* ;183; ;183; ;183; ;006; ;006; ;006; ;006; ;006; ;006;

Medly

Latila's future
wolf_queen said:
helloo falming ruby sorry i know i shouldnt double post
famling ruby we want the story sorry about about triple posting ;298; ;298; ;298;

FlamingRuby

The magic of Pokemon
Okay, okay, you can all stop complaining now...and get ready for more mayhem!

Ash sighed, content as he organized his Super NES games in preparation to play. "Now that Ami's asleep, I can FINALLY relax!" he thought as he selected a game, switched the system on, and began playing, paying no heed to the pounding of Brock's feet as he ran to the back room.

"See...we didn't leave you..." Brock assured Ami as he carried her into Ash's room and got comfortable before the TV, where Ash was busy guiding Mario and Yoshi through enemy infested waters.

Ami climbed to the top of the chair to get a better look at the TV screen. "Azu ri?" she asked, pointing out the controls Ash was gripping.

"Those are controls Ash uses to manipulate the pictures on the screen." Brock explained, reaching for the spare controller that lay next to Ash. "See? The plus makes the person move..." he explained, pointing out the D-pad.

"Zu rill?" Ami interrupted, curious to learn about the pictures dancing across the TV screen.

"Okay, I'll tell you the story of the game..." and Brock grabbed the "Super Mario World" strategy guide Ash was referring to and turned it to the page with the story on it, being careful not to lose Ash's place. "Okay...one day, Mario, Luigi, and Princess Peach traveled to a place called Dinosaur Land..." he began, gesturing to the pictures of Mario, Luigi, and Peach at the top of the page. "When they got there, Luigi found a magic feather that gave you a cape when you touched it...so he and Mario used the feathers to fly around and explore. But, when they got back several hours later, Princess Peach was nowhere to be found!"

"Azu ri Azuri?" Ami asked, anxious to know what happened next.

"And then what happened, you ask?" Brock smiled. "Mario and Luigi searched all over for Peach, but didn't find her...that only meant one thing: the evil Bowser had kidnapped Peach!" He paused to point out a picture of Bowser on the right side of the page.

"Rill..." Ami shuddered, afraid of the picture.

"So in order to win the game, you have to defeat Bowser and rescue Peach." Brock concluded, thumbing the guide back to the page Ash was on.

"Rill?" Ami asked, pointing out a spotted object on the screen that Ash was running to catch.

"That's a mushroom..." Brock explained. "If you catch it...Mario gets bigger."

"Azu..." Ami was impressed...until she saw a flower on the screen. "Ril ri?"

"That's a Fire Flower...grab that and you can shoot fire."

Just then, Misty walked in carrying the can of mushrooms from earlier. "Come on, it's time for your dinner." she whispered to Ami as she carried her into the kitchen.

"You know...maybe if you dress up as Mario and tell her the mushrooms will make her bigger, she'll eat them!" Ash suggested, pausing his game long enough to stretch his arms.

"Great idea!" and Brock raced from the room...

---------​

"Now, I know I had those overalls here someplace..." Brock mused as he searched his closet. A red shirt, a pair of loafers, a pair of white gloves, a replica Mario hat, and a fake Mario mustache lay in a pile on his bed.

"Looking for these?" Ash asked, holding a pair of overalls in the air.

"Yes, thanks..." Brock took the overalls from Ash and settled in on his bed to put on his makeshift costume...

---------​

Meanwhile, Team Rocket watched the house from the security of a large mecha. "There they are...that's where our target is..." James began.

"Now, da plan, again?" Meowth asked as he piloted the large turtle-like mecha into the backyard.

"We wait until the twerps come outside, then grab the Azurill using BOW 3000's tongue, and leave..." James explained. "This isn't a hard operation, you know...

"Okay den..." and Meowth motioned to Jessie. "Scorch da bushes so they can't get away!"

"Beginning Fire Cannon operation..." and Jessie pressed a button on the weapons control panel, causing the turtle mecha to open its mouth and fire a huge flame blast, scorching a small bush.

---------​

Ash struggled to stand and balance Brock on his shoulders at the same time. "Gee, what did you have for breakfast today? Cement?" he complained.

"Nope, just the same thing I have for breakfast every day..." Brock replied.

"Well, did you really have go so far as making me be Yoshi?" Ash sighed as he trudged into the kitchen, where Misty was trying again to feed Ami mushrooms.

"Look, Ami..." Misty smiled, pointing in the direction of the entryway. "Mario and Yoshi are here."

"Ril?" Ami gasped in surprise.

"It's-a me, Mario!" Brock started as he climbed off of Ash. Ami just laughed with delight. "You know, those-a mushrooms will make-a you Super, like-a me!"

"Ril..." and Ami opened her mouth, allowing Misty time to shove a mushroom inside. She chewed for a while, swallowed...then cried with surprise as she bounced high into the air. "Ril ril ri!"

"You like them?" Misty asked, offering another spoonful to Ami, until she noticed some charred bushes in the yard. "Guys! There's a big turtle in the yard scorching the bushes!"

Ash suddenly realized what was going on, and who could possibly be doing such a thing as scorching bushes. "Team Rocket!" With that, he led the others outside.

---------​

"Oh my..." Ash looked shocked at the large turtle-like monstrosity that was stomping through the yard, scorching any bushes in the way.

"Wha..." Misty was also just as scared. Just then, the mecha's arms reached out and grabbed Ami from Misty's arms! "HEY!"

"AMI!!!" Ash tried his hardest to grab onto the mecha and grab Ami, but was knocked aside as Ami was reeled closer and closer to capture.

"Azuriiii!" Ami cried, trying to get free from the mecha's clutches...

----------​

"We've almost got it!" James smailed he reeled Ami up towards the entrance door at the mecha's head. He was about to open the door, when he felt a sudden jolt, followed by the sensation of being lifted in the air. "What was that?"

Meowth looked down at the ground below and watched Ash make a diving catch as Ami slipped from the mecha's arms. "I tink someone lifted us in the air..." Just then, the view from the mecha began to spin around, slowly at first, then getting faster. "and I'm getting dizzy!"

"We're flying off again!" all three Rockets cried as they hurtled into the sky...

---------​

"So long-ee, Bowser!" Brock snickered as he watched the mecha disappear with a *ping*

Misty was shocked! "I didn't know you were that strong, Brock!" she began as she led the way inside...

"Easy..." Brock smiled as he began to take off his costume. "When you do a lot of lifting, it just comes naturally...not to mention that the mecha was pretty light to begin with."

"Well...your little princess wants to thank you..." Ash smiled as he watched Ami give Brock a kiss on the cheek...

Day 4, Evening

"I don't know about you, Ami...but I'm tired..." Brock yawned as he watched Misty tuck Ami in for the night.

"She's been through a lot today..." Ash noted. "Including almost getting caught by Team Rocket!"

"Azu azuri Ririril azu ri!" Ami laughed as Misty pulled the covers over her.

"That's right...Mario rescued you...my little princess." Brock cooed. "Now...what should we sing tonight?

"Azu ri ri azu!" Ami begged.

"You want all three of us to sing?" Ash was surprised. He thought for a moment, then asked, "Any ideas for a song we can all sing?"

"Let's do the one about the lion!" Brock suggested, fumbling for a pitch pipe. "Here's your note..." and he blew a single note in Ash's direction.

Ash hummed the note, then began singing "I-di-di-di-i-di-di-di-di, lee-um-bumba-way...i-di-di-di-i-di-di-di-di, lee-um-bumba-way..."

Brock hummed a drone as Ash sang "I-di-di-di-i-di-di-di-di, lee-um-bumba-way..." one more time, then led the others into a three part chant of
"A-wim-o-weh, a-wim-o-weh, a-wim-o-weh, a-wim-o-weh, a-wim-o-weh, a-wim-o-weh, a-wim-o-weh, a-wim-o-weh..."

Misty sang a soft backup melody as Ash began to sing over Brock's chant:

"In the jungle, the mighty jungle, the lion sleeps tonight...
In the jungle, the mighty jungle, the lion sleeps tonight..."

Brock continued to sing "A-wim-o-weh, a-wim-o-weh, a-wim-o-weh, a-wim-o-weh..." while Ash and Misty sang "Ooooooh-ooh-ooh-ooh-ooh, lee-um-bum-bumba-way...Ooooooh-ooh-ooh-ooh-ooh, lee-um-bum-bumba-way..."

"Near the village, the peaceful village, the lion sleeps tonight..."
Ash continued.
"Near the village, the peaceful village, the lion sleeps tonight..."

"Ooooooh-ooh-ooh-ooh-ooh, lee-um-bum-bumba-way..."
Misty joined in with Ash again. "Ooooooh-ooh-ooh-ooh-ooh, lee-um-bum-bumba-way..."

Ami laughed with delight as the chorus of three voices: a bass, a harmony, and a melody blended together in a three part chant of "A-wim-o-weh, a-wim-o-weh, a-wim-o-weh, a-wim-o-weh, a-wim-o-weh, a-wim-o-weh, a-wim-o-weh, a-wim-o-weh..." once again.

Ash then knelt nearby Ami and quietly sang "Hush my darling, don't cry, my darling, the lion sleeps tonight...
Hush my darling, don't fear, my darling, the lion sleeps tonight..."
He waited for Misty to join him as he sang:

"Ooooooh-ooh-ooh-ooh-ooh, lee-um-bum-bumba-way...Ooooooh-ooh-ooh-ooh-ooh, lee-um-bum-bumba-way... The group sang this a few more times, then Ash slowly sang "I-di-di-di-i-di-di-di-di, lee-um-bumba-way...i-di-di-di-i-di-di-di-di, lee-um-bumba-way..." as he switched off the light, leaving Ami to sleep...

Hey, great chapter.

Just a bit curious, what happened to the idea you had of Misty acting as Princess Peach? I would've loved that! :D

Anyways, I hope you get the next chapter up soon.

See ya later.

FlamingRuby

The magic of Pokemon
Decided it would be better if Team Rocket swiped Ami instead.

Coming up in Day 5:
Ami's got the blues
The Bathroom Floodeth, part 3

Medly

Latila's future
yayyy more bathroom flooding! XD i'm so excited i cant wait! youre doing a great job flamingruby keep it up