• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Adventures in Poke-sitting!

FlamingRuby

The magic of Pokemon
Day 5, Morning

"Morning!" Ash called as Misty and Brock trudged down the stairs, both groggy eyed.

"Mrrgh..." was Misty's only reponse as she set Ami on the table and began feeding her.

"Unnngh..." Brock grunted in agreement.

Ash was puzzled. "Why are you guys so tired this morning?"

"Ami kept us up late crying..." Misty groaned.

"Note to self: Don't tell Ami scary stories before bedtime..." Brock sighed before lying his head on the table, using a towel as a pillow.

Ash looked over as Ami, who was happily scarfing down spoonfuls of cereal. "What kind of scary story did Brock tell you last night?"

"Ri ri rill!" and Ami threw a napkin over herself to illustrate her point. "Ooooh...."

"The one about a scary ghost?" Ash asked, pausing to remove the napkin from Ami befor she crashed into the cabinet, disoriented.

"Next time..." Misty cautioned. "Sing for her or tell her a happy story, okay?"

"Okay..." Brock yawned before changing positions.

---------​

Later, Ash relaxed on the couch, watching it rain. "I wish it wasn't raining...then we could go down to the lake and rent a sailboat..." he mused...until he felt the sensation of something climbing on him. "Huh?"

"Ril azu..." Ami sighed as she climbed up onto Ash's shoulder.

"You're bored? Then what would you like to do?" Ash smiled.

"Azu azu ri..." Ami replied.

"Go outside? Well we can't go outside right now, or we'd get all wet!" Ash laughed. At that moment, Ami burst out into a full volume wail.

"What's wrong?" Misty raced into the room, anxious about Ami's cries.

"She's bored..." Ash explained, setting some paper and a box of crayons before Ami. "There you go...you could draw pictures while we wait for the rain to stop..."

"Ril..." Ami set to work scribbling away at the paper.

"Pika pi..." Pikachu grabbed a stray yellow crayon and a piece of paper for himself, then began drawing a sun in one corner.

"Azu?" Ami asked, pointing at another yellow crayon.

"Pi..." Pikachu replied, offering Ami the yellow crayon he had been using...

---------​

"So, you gave them crayons and paper and that quieted her down?" Misty asked.

"Yeah...they've been coloring for the past hour now..." Ash mused. "That should've been more than enough time to give us time to relax."

"Well, Brock is in there sawing logs..." Misty laughed as she gestured to the bedroom, where some soft snoring could be heard inside.

"I would be tired too if I had to get up and check on Ami every three seconds..." Ash replied, getting up from his chair and starting towards the living room.

"I think I'll go watch TV..." Misty agreed. "Besides, the Pokemon will be busy drawing pretty pict-AUUUUUUGGGGGHHHHH!!!!"

"What?" Ash raced over and looked inside the room, where Misty stood agape at the mural of crude drawings gracing the front wall.

"Rill?" Ami smiled, proud of her's and Pikachu's masterpiece.

"Pika pi pi chu, Pikachupi, pi Pipika..." Pikachu explained, gesturing to stick figures of Ash, Misty, and Brock standing in a grassy field with flowers dotting it. "Pika chu Pipi..." A stick figure of Ami was nearby, splashing in a small puddle.

"Azu Ri!" Ami grabbed some crayons and drew a stick figure Togepi in the stick figure Misty's hands.

"Chu...pika chu Pipipi..." Pikachu giggled as he drew a hat on the stick figure Ash's head.

"What's the matter?" Brock asked as he trooped down the stairs. "What...happened...here....oh my..."

"I'll get the soap while you put those two in time out!" Misty called as she rushed out.

Day 5, Afternoon

"Hungry?" Ash cooed to Ami as he put some groceries in the pantry.

"Rill..." Ami replied...hungrily admiring the meat, cheese, and candy going on the shelves.

"Well, Brock promised us that he'd make pizza for lunch...and that it'll be ready by the time you wake up from your nap, okay?"

"Azu..." Ami yawned as Ash carried her upstairs to the back room--where Brock was waiting, guitar in hand--and tucked her in.

"Misty says no silly songs, Mightyena howls or yodeling..." Ash cautioned as he left.

"I know..." Brock assured Ash, then turned his attention to Ami. "The story I want to tell you...is about a young mermaid--we'll call her Lina--who wished to see the human world..." he began as he tuned his guitar. "Although try as she might, her father forbid her to even look upon a human..."

"Azu ri rill?" Ami asked.

"Then what happened?" Brock smiled. "One night, a great ship sailed through the mermaid's cove, just as Lina surfaced to sit upon her favorite rock. She noticed all the humans aboard the ship, and was fascinated by their songs and dancing...but before she could swim up for a closer look, a terrible storm swept through, knocking one particular boy overboard!"

"Azu?" Ami asked.

"What did Lina do? She swam out and helped the boy, saving him from a watery fate." Brock continued, beginning to play a relaxing melody as he continued the story. "However, the boy was badly wounded, and Lina wanted to do something to help him...so she took his hand in hers and sang to him...her song went something like this..." and Brock slightly quickened his tempo as he began singing:

"A rolling wind blows from the sea in so many colors...
Rolling on, towards the shore and to the sky...
The song that I hear in my heart, as the bright sun rises...
Is a song, that I've known, since my youngest days!

The birds they fly, up to the sky, the breeze guiding them on to the east...
I...will follow them...I follow them on as a guide!

Seven seas together, they are paradise,
That will grant me peace in the midst of the storm
My broken spirit will rise again and will live forever just to say "I love you!"

The songs of seven countries will unite as one
Exactly as the dark night gives way to the dawn!
Everyone will leave their cares behind
And the greatest love of all, they won't forget!...."

Amazingly, Ami had fallen asleep just as Brock concluded the song. "Sweet dreams..." he whispered as he got up and left.

----------​

"...I got to the part about Lina singing, and right after I finished singing the song, Ami was out like a light!" Brock smiled as he spread sauce across the fresh pizza dough.

"Well, maybe you ought to invent more mermaid stories with a song in them!" Ash suggested. "Make up some friends for Lina!"

"Yeah, and make them sing too!" Misty agreed.

"Maybe I'll do that..." Brock mused. "But knowing Ami, she'll probably go to sleep right after the song!" With that, he set the first pizza pan in the oven.

You know, this is such a great story, that I really hate to give you one serious flaw with it in the end. But then again, this is a fiction story that will probably never really happen, so I can easily let it slide. The serious flaw, has something to do with Azuril, which plays such an important role in your story. But I'm not gonna reveal it since I want this story to continue.

Anyways, good chapter. :)

I liked how you made Ami keep Brock and Misty up all night. LOL :)

I also liked it when Pikachu and Ami made a big mess of the living room. LOL. Man, they got into such trouble. :D

Keep up the good work. :) (Man, I'm using smilies more often now.) :)

Medly

Latila's future
hey nice chapter i loved it when pikachu derw all over the walls that was ssoso funnyXD

FlamingRuby

The magic of Pokemon
Just a preview of this weekend's release:

The pizza-making I mentioned in the previous chapter turns into a big Broadway production
Ami's got the blues
The Bathroom Floodeth, part 3

FlamingRuby

The magic of Pokemon
Day 5, Afternoon

"Hello there, Ami..." Misty cooed as Ash carried her into the kitchen. "Pizza's cooking...but why isn't she sleeping, Ash?"

"She was fussing and complaining, so I brought her in here in hopes that some food would calm her down." Ash explained.

"Azu ri ri..." Ami protested as Ash set her on the table.

"I know you're hungry, but this takes a while..." Brock assured Ami as he kneaded the dough. "In fact..." and he reached to turn on the radio, where the orchestra was playing a rousing song, with the singer singing a rendition of "Lesti! Lesti! via, montiam su la!
Lesti! Lesti! via, montiam su la!
Funiculi funicula, funiculi funicula,
Via, montiam su la, funiculi funicula...."

"Ril?" Ami was confused.

"What does that mean?" Brock asked. "Here, I'll sing the translation for you as the singer sings it." He waited until the singer began again, then sang as he worked:

Some think the world is made for fun and frolic, and so do I!
And so do I! Misty and Ash echoed as they rushed to get more supplies. The kitchen soon turned into a rush of song and activity...
Some think it well to be all melancholic,
To pine and sigh...

To pine and sigh,
But I, I love to spend my time in singing, some joyous song... Brock sang as he sprinkled cheese onto the waiting pizza.
Some joyous song, Ash chorused as he set more cheese on the counter
To set the air with music bravely ringing, is far from wrong!
Is far from wrong!

Listen! Listen! echoes sound afar! Brock sang, skipping across the floor as he returned with more pizza supplies.
Listen! Listen! echoes sound afar!
Echoes sound afar! funiculi, funicula.

Echoes sound afar! funiculi, funicula.
everyone else joined in, including Ami.

Some think it wrong to set the feet a-dancing,
But not so I; But not so I...
Brock continued as he worked.
Some think that eyes should keep from coyly glancing
Upon the sly!, Upon the sly!...

But oh! to me the mazy dance is charming,
Divinely sweet, Divinely sweet...
Misty chimed in as she passed the sauce to Brock.
And surely there is nought that is alarming
In nimble feet? In nimble feet?
Ash couldn't resist copying the skip dance Brock was doing as he worked.

Misty led the chorus as she kneaded her own ball of dough:
Listen! Listen! music sounds afar!
Music sounds afar! funiculi, funicula.

Music sounds afar! funiculi, funicula.

Ah me! 'tis strange that some should take to sighing,
And like it well; And like it well...
Ash sang as he danced across the kitchen floor with more sauce.
For me, I have not thought it worth the trying,
So cannot tell! So cannot tell!
At this, Pikachu swept Ami in his paws and tried to teach her the skipping dance the others were doing.
With laugh and dance and song the day soon passes,
Full soon is gone, Full soon is gone,
Brock sang as he set one finished pizza on the cooling rack, then placed a second pan in the oven.
For mirth was made for joyous lads and lasses
To call their own! To call their own!
Misty sang as she began putting toppings on her pizza.

Listen! Listen! hark! the soft guitar!
Hark! the soft guitar! funiculi funicula.
Brock continued...

Hark! the soft guitar! funiculi funicula...
The others continued singing as they worked...

---------​

"Okay! All done!" Misty called as she cut a slice of pizza for Ami. "Wasn't that fun?"

"Pika, pika, pika pika chu; pika, pika, pika pika chu...." Pikachu was still singing and doing the skip dance. Ami laughed with delight as she took a bite of her pizza.

"I think she liked singing 'Funiculi, Funicula', eh Brock?" Ash smiled. "How did you know the all the words to the song?"

"I heard it in a movie once..." Brock replied as he put his plate in the sink. "Speaking of movies...who wants to watch a movie with our pizza?"

"Ooh! I do!" Misty cried, hurrying over to the movie cabinet. "Let's see..." and she started thumbing through the wide array of tapes and DVDs...

"Just don't pick anything too scary, okay?" Ash called after her. Misty just selected a tape, inserted it in the VCR, and pressed 'PLAY'. Ami oohed and ahhed as a shining rainbow castle appeared on the screen, where various fairies of different colors flitted about as the opening credits to the movie rolled by.

"Relax..." Misty assured Ash as she settled onto the couch. "I don't think 'The Journey to Fairyland' is that scary...

"I don't know...Jhudora the dark fairy might scare Ami..." Brock cautioned. At that second, a great thunderbolt streaked acrossed the screen, revealing a purple and black clad fairy sitting atop a storm cloud. Ami began to shiver and whine, fearful over what the dark creature on the screen was going to do next. She covered her eyes in fear as the dark fairy cackled with delight...

"Here..." Ash reached for the remote and hit 'FAST FOWARD', causing the scene of Jhudora's lair to go racing by. After a few tense minutes, the scene switched into a grassy field, where some earth fairies were gathering flowers. "There we go..."

Brock calmly stroked the shaking Azurill lying on the couch. "It's okay, you can look now." Ami tensely uncovered her eyes for a moment, then chomped down on her pizza as she studied the TV screen.

"I have the remote handy to zip through the scary parts." Ash assured the others, waving the remote in the air to prove his point.

"Azu ri?" Ami asked, curious.

"Ash has all the buttons that control the movie." Misty explained. "so when the scary fairy comes on, all Ash has to do is hit a button, and the movie will go really fast, so you don't have to see her!"

"Ril..." Ami smiled, but gasped as Jhudora appeared on the screen before the crowd of fairies. "IIIIII!!!!!"

"Hit the 'YIPE!!!' button, quick!" Misty called. Ash calmly hit the 'FAST FOWARD' button until the scene shifted to a lagoon. "See? The movie went by fast, didn't it?"

Brock sighed. "Leave it to an Azurill to make a two hour movie last thirty minutes..."

Day 5, Evening.

Later, Ami lay on Ash's lap, watching the images of a Rapidash in a forest dance across the TV screen. "Ril?" she asked, gesturing to the remote.

"What does this do? It controls the TV." Ash explained. "Hit this button here..." and he lightly pressed the 'VOLUME +' button, making the music get louder. "and the sound gets louder."

"Azu ri?" Ami gestured to the buttons marked "CHANNEL +" and "CHANNEL -".

"Those change the picture, so if you got bored watching the Rapidash run to the pretty music..." and he changed the channel, where the news was on. "and you can listen to the news guy talk about what happened in the world today..." Ami just yawned and curled up on Ash's lap as Ash returned the TV to the previous channel....

Last edited:
M

mystic_girl

wow thats really good! thats really interesting. i cant wait for days 6 & 7!

p.s: what flavoure pizza was it?????????

T

Travis: Storm Trainer

*Laughs so hard, He wakes up Ami*
Oh, That's Hillarious! I Love this FIc! You KNow just what to Do to Make me Bust a Gut. Can't wait for more!

FlamingRuby

The magic of Pokemon
Day 6, Morning

"There now...Think you can behave yourselves and look after Ami while we're at the store?" Ash asked as he finished going over the grocery list.

"Pika!" Pikachu smiled, putting an arm around the still sleeping Ami.

"You know the drill, play quietly, no making lots of noise..." Misty cautioned.

"and more importantly, no crazy ideas!" Brock added as he climbed aboard Swellow.

"Pika pika!" Pikachu sighed, annoyed by the constant reminders. "Pipi pika pi chu!"

"Okay then..." Ash sighed, climbing aboard Swellow. "We better not come home to find the house destroyed, okay?"

"Pika chu!" was Pikachu's reply. He waved goodbye as Swellow took off into the sunshine...

----------​

"Toto..." Totodile slumped to the floor, obviously bored.

"Cynda..." Cyndaquil agreed. "Quil cynda?" He was about to say more when he noticed Ami beginning to stir. "Cynda!"

"Ril?" Ami glaced around the empty kitchen, bewildered as to where everyone had gone. "Azu ri?"

"Pikapi, Pikachupi, pi Pipika pika pi chu..." Pikachu explained. "Pika pi chu..."

"Cynda quil!" Cyndaquil added, licking his chops at the prospect of sharing a bunch of grapes with Ami. Ami, meanwhile, had tottled over to the cabinets and gathered all the cups, pans, spoons, and any other cookware that she could find. "Ril!" she smiled as she set the towering pile on the floor.

"Pika..." At this, Pikachu grabbed several cups and began filling them with water.

Chink ka-chick, chinkety chink-chink... Ami had figured out how to click two spoons together.

PANG! PANG! PANG!.... Cyndaquil began banging on a pan with a wooden spoon.

Dink dank dink dinkety-dink dink dink.... Pikachu had finished filling the glasses and was now tapping them with a pencil. "Pika pi?"

"Toto!" Totodile hurried upstairs, only to return with an armload of boxes, scissors, buttons, paper plates, bells, rubber bands, plastic eggs, a bag of small rocks, and other items--not to mention a sleepy eyed Grovyle. "Toto dile!" he explained, gesturing to the pile of supplies on the floor.

"Vyle?" Grovyle studied the array of makeshift instruments scattered throughout the room, impressed. "Grovyle..." With this thought in mind, he grabbed a box and several rubber bands, and set to work stretching them across the box.

"Azu ri!" Ami laughed as she bounced about the room, clinking the spoons together.

"Grov!" Grovyle had now finished his makeshift guitar, and was now singing "Grovyle, vyle, vyle" to the accompaniment of twang, twang, twang...

Pikachu, meanwhile, emptied out the glasses and hurried upstairs. He returned several minutes later, clutching Ash's harmonica. "Pika pi!" Everyone stopped what they were doing and grabbed their makeshift instruments, awaiting Pikachu's next order. "Pika, chu!" With that, everyone started to march around the kitchen floor playing a surprisingly good sounding rendition of "Yankee Doodle". When the song concluded, applause filled the air. Pikachu whirled around, only to discover Ash, Misty, and Brock standing in the doorway, applauding the song. Flattered by the unexpected applause, he led the others in taking a bow.

"That sounded great, you guys!" Misty smiled as she set the grocereies on the countertop.

"Who knew that these guys would form a kitchen band?" Ash smiled. "Or that Pikachu could play my harmonica!"

"Say..." Brock mused. "Maybe we could show Ami the concept of a harmonica band?"

"Great idea!" Misty lead the way upstairs...

---------​

"Azu ri rill?" Ami asked, piqued by what Brock had meant by a "harmonica band".

"Basically...a harmonica band is a group of three or four people--sometimes more than that--all playing harmonicas in harmony with each other." Brock explained as he settled down on the couch. Misty and Ash sat in two nearby chairs, warming up and doing some last minute practicing.

"Rill?" Ami asked, confused.

"Harmony is where you're playing different notes to blend in with each other." Misty explained.

"While we're each playing different parts, when those three parts mix together, it sounds pretty." Ash continued. "For our purposes, we're going to play in three parts: a melody, a harmony, and a bass..."

"Azu ri rill?" Ami was impressed.

"Yes, there is such a thing as a harmonica that can play very low notes..." Brock smiled as he fished his low harmonica from his pocket. "That is what it looks like..."

"Ril?" Ami asked, pointing out a small knob at one end of the small instrument.

"That's the tuning knob...when you push it in, you get extra notes...that way you can play in any key you want!" Brock smiled. "Let's do a song that Ami would like...any suggestions?"

"'When the Saints...' Ash whispered. He waited as Misty and Brock readied their instruments, then counted "and a-one, two, three four!" With that, a rousing three part harmony rendition of "Oh When the Saints Go Marching In" rang throughout the room!

"Pi pika pi....pi pika chu..." Pikachu sang along, all the while encouraging Ami to clap...

D

Dark_Pikachu

HAHAHAHAHA!

Now, Ruby, it takes special talent (paraphrase Jeni Mawter) to write a story that can make people laugh or smile. Now I am really hard to crack. Nevertheless, I laughed heaps.

(I go on Neopets but I forgot about my neopets and let them die nooooooo! Tell me your username there!)

Your spelling, punctuation, and vocabulary was satisfactory. You could do with more scenic description but never mind, that would have clogged up your story. The plot was grabbing and I now have a crush on Brock XD.

I picked up Lina as Ariel from Disney's The Little Mermaid. Your crossovers were amusing and actually understandable.

I'm subscribing! Woot! That's my second subscription to a fic that's not my own! (That's an achievement.)

Keep it up!

Also, I picked up Jhudora and the Neopets reference (I'm the poor, unsocialising gambler Blue_Sky_butterfly_11.)

Stop using "to illustrate his/her point" for a while.

But cool!

D

Dark_Pikachu

cos he's so sweet to ami

he's showing his loveable side XD

Burnt Flower

Horror Mistress
What a nice and happy-go-lucky story! :D

There were some spelling errors in all those chapters (foriegn-foreign, enjooy-enjoy, desprate-desperate, contued-continued, smailed-smiled, befor-before, grocereies-groceries ) but nothing too big. The grammar and spelling here were very nice despite the already mentioned spelling mistakes.
But there were some exceptions (that don't matter very much because they're small mistakes):
"'When the Saints...' Ash whispered.

When it should be:
"When the Saints..." Ash whispered.

Another one would be:
Listen! Listen! echoes sound afar![/i] Brock sang, skipping across the floor as he returned with more pizza supplies.

And it's like this:
Listen! Listen! echoes sound afar! Brock sang, skipping across the floor as he returned with more pizza supplies.

Also:
"Okay...and Misty sat down next to the crib, where Ami lay snoozing. "You like the song Brock's playing?" she asked.

It's like this:
"Okay..." and Misty sat down next to the crib, where Ami lay snoozing. "You like the song Brock's playing?" she asked.

See? Very small, insignificant mistakes.

The story is something that could come out right from a Pokemon episode! :) I like the lighthearted humor and general sweetness that this story has. And it has the main trio as the main protagonists once again, and you write them in character again - yeah! Heh, I love them to bits. :D My favorite part would be the whole Mario, Yoshi and Bowser part. It actually had me laughing! ;) I think the subtle references to other anime, games, etc is a very nice detail that you have.
My favorite line would be this one:
"Grov?" Grovyle asked. "Vyle Groooov?" he mused in a romantic voice.

Hehe... ;)

The story is not overly decriptive, but I think it's good for this fic since it would be too distracting for such a cheerful story!

Can't wait for the ending! :D