• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Adventures in Pokesitting II: Double Trouble

M

mindripper

"Here's a towel, Ash..." May started as she stepped into the bubble filled bathroom. "OH NO!!!!

'What?" Ash raced into the bathroom and gasped. "Not again!!!!"

"Look at it this way...at least they didn't make the tub overflow..." May assured Ash as she went to get buckets to clean up the mess...

Lol. I can picture that in my mind.

How come your chappies are so so so so short? Make them longer! I like this one. Ash and May do not look like they are doing a good job huh... Brock yodelling, hmmm. :D

K

Kyle of Pallet

I read you original and thought that it was quite funny, I am glad to see that it is better with two Azurills. Yeah, Brock's yodeling can make anyone go mad.

Keep up the very wonderful work here.

FlamingRuby

The magic of Pokemon
Day 3, Afternoon

"Now that the babies are asleep, what shall we do?" May asked as she sat down on the couch.

"Watch TV?" Ash suggested as he plopped on the couch next to May and flicked the TV on. "Let's see...'Oak's Pokemon Talk'...'Lucky 7'...'Password'...toy commercial... ...soap commercial..." he started as he flipped through the channels, naming the show or commercial on each channel. "Let me know if you see something good."

"Azu?" came a soft cry from the floor. Ash looked down to see Umi offering a book marked "STORIES" to him.

"What is it? Need a story to help you sleep?" Ash cooed as he invited Umi into his lap. "Which story would you like to hear?" he asked as he opened the storybook.

"Ri!" Umi replied, pointing out a picture of a mage with a Pikachu in the contents.

"Say..." Brock started as he entered the room. "Rather than just reading the story to her, why don't we act it out?"

"Yeah!" May switched off the TV and rushed to help the others get ready...

---------

"Ready for the story, you guys?" Brock asked as he set Mizu on the floor next to Umi. Both Azurills nodded as Brock threw on an elaborate vest, pants, and a cape, then reached for his guitar and started a relaxing song:
A long time ago in the land of Arkan,
A story is told of a handsome young man...

"Oh brother, a singing narrator..." Misty sighed. But she was ignored as Brock continued:

So famed for his magic, the people did dash...
To come out and see him, and his apprentice, named Ash.
At this, Ash appeared on the makeshift stage clad in a purple tunic, with a wide brimmed mage's hat and a cape to match. "Hi!" he called to the babies.

Now Ash always dreamed of becoming a mage, Brock continued.
But try as he might, he was frustrated with rage, Ash pretended to throw a temper tantrum.
So he left on a quest with his friend, Pikachu
Thus begins my story I'll now tell to you...
He played a little more as Ash and Max appeared on a library set.
During his training to becoming a mage
Ash asked a question to his master - his sage.
Ash pantomimed asking a question as Brock sang the words:
"I crave for adventure, I crave for glory,
So can I set off to start my own story?"

The sage made a smile and then he replied,
"Ash, my apprentice, I have tried and tried.
Again and again, I heard a of tower
Which is supposed to hold the Ring of Power."
Max "replied", acting out an answer to Ash's "question".
"So where is this tower?" our hero replied. Ash mouthed the words again.
"Many have tried to find it, and many have died.
It's located deep inside the land of the dark,
But if you survive, you'll have made your mark."
Max pantomimed a reply, placing an assuring hand on Ash's shoulder as the set changed to some plains.

So with his master's blessing, our heroes did depart
The town that they always had known in their heart...
"Well, Pikachu, we're off on our quest,
To grab the Ring of Power and be loved by the rest."
"Pipikachu," the Pokémon remarked
as the two heroes departed to the land of the dark.

Mizu and Umi cheered as Brock continued his song:

As they walked the path to the land of the dark,
the duo were attacked by two evil aardvark--

"Aardvark?" May was confused.

"Hey, it's the only creature I could think of that rhymed with 'dark'." Brock protested. He quickly resumed his song as May began operating a Sandshrew and Sandslash puppet:

"Sandslash and Sandshrew," Ash had said surprised.
"Pipikachu," Pikachu said with a fire in his eyes.

So Ash quickly casted a suitable spell,
Ash wiggled his fingers a little to simulate casting a spell, while May made blue lights flicker in front of his fingertips.

Creating some ice cubes for the foes to dwell... Brock played a little more as May stuck the puppets in clear blue boxes, making them appear frozen, than motioned to Ash and Misty "Guys, you're going to have to do a kissing scene...." he started.

"Nope. I call it quits. Let my stunt double do it." Ash replied as he stepped off the makeshift stage

"What is wrong with you, Brock? Are you delusional?" Misty asked, appalled by the mere mention of a kissing scene. "I'll do the scene but no kissing!"

"I'll do the scene, but no Misty!" Ash agreed as he returned to the "stage".

"Why, you...!" Misty growled, reaching for her trusty mallet in preparation to bonk Ash.

"Stop acting like children in front of children!" Brock snapped, halting the arguement before it could heat up. "Just do the scene, please!"

"Okay..." Ash and Misty sighed and retured to their places onstage.
Brock cleared his throat and resumed his song:

As he and Pikachu walked on, Ash did hear a cry!
"Somebody please help me!" it echoed through the sky.

He rushed down the pathway
to hear the cries and screams
Ash ran over to stage left, where Misty was cornered by an offstage monster
It was a lady in red
Who was with a Goldeen.

"Savior, my savior,
Thanks for saving me so!
But the battle has not finished
Until you defeat the draco!"
Misty mouthed the words in sync with Brock's song, only pointing offstage at the mention of "draco"

Ash looked clueless at Misty as Brock continued: "The draco, the draco
What on earth is that?
Is it a deadly Scyther
or a puny little Venonat?

Misty shuddered at this. "WHY VENONAT?"

"Venonat rhymes with that. Have a problem with that, Bug-hater?" Ash taunted.

"Come here!" Misty snarled as she grabbed her mallet and began chasing Ash around the living room, much to the babies' delight.

"Guys, chill, you're almost done! Just try now not to spoil the fun!" Brock yelled over the pushing and shoving. Ash and Misty returned to the stage, allowing for Brock to continue:

"No, my savior,
It's much worse than that.

The name is Draco
for the deadly titan of Might
Behold, in all its glory
The deadly Dragonite."

At this, a cardboard Dragonite rolled onto the stage, prompting Ash to grab his fake staff.

"Milady, don't worry! our hero did reply,
I shall save you from the beast!
We shall leave without a scratch,
Or one or two at the least."
Ash brandished his staff to illustrate his point.

"Savior, my savior,
I shall love you for this!
Slay the dragon of doom
And I shall give...you...a...kiss?

"BROCK, I TOLD YOU NO KISSING!" Misty roared, making the babies laugh again.

"The Azurills want it, you know. It's supposed to happen!" Brock explained, referring to the storybook, which depicted the mage and the lady kissing.

"NEVER! I QUIT!" Misty snarled as she stormed offstage.

"Fine, I'll just get somebody else to play the..."

"FINE!" Misty boomed as she returned to the stage. "I'LL KISS HIM, THEN I'LL CHASE YOU DOWN WITH THE MALLET!"

"You'll still probably be smooching Ash." Brock chuckled to himself as Ash struck a battle pose.

"Draco, thine hast no glory!
This staff in my hands will choose your fate
By the Hero of Nore
You won't be of Hate!"

A gigantic flash of light. May turned a spotlight on the cardboard Dragonite.
Thunderous booms echo. Max rattled a piece of aluminum to simulate thunder.
As the dragon's whole body
Turns into a bright white glow.
The Dragonite disappeared in a puff of white smoke

"Thine body hast been changed
Forever and ever
Will you ever be hateful again?
I shall say, NEVER!"

"Savior, my savior!
You saved my life!
And in honor of this...
Make...me...your..."

"I'VE HAD IT!" Misty screeched before Brock could sing the next word. "NO MORE OF THIS SMOOCHY, GIRLY-GIRL STUFF!"

"Really? I thought you were a girl, so you probably might like this." Ash chuckled.

"OOH, YOU'RE GONNA GET IT NOW, ASH KETCHUM!" Misty exploded, grabbing her mallet in preparation to give Ash a big bonk.

"RESUME!" Brock demanded, bringing the chase to a halt. Ash and Misty grumbled as they returned to the stage...

"Milady, no kiss,
but will you agree
To venture on an enchanting quest
With Pikachu and me?"

"Beats kissing any day." Misty smiled, finally in a good mood for a change.

Savior, I shall
But don't call me Milady,
My name is Misty
The Queen of Aquay.

The duo went off
In search of new hope and glory
And new friendships shall begin
As their destiny unfolds, story by story...
The babies applauded again as Ash and Misty walked off stage left, prompting the set to change to a forest...

As our heroes traveled through the Forest of Ki... Brock continued.
They happened upon a crying Beautifly... Beautifly flitted onstage and pretended to cry.
Heroes, oh heroes, listen to my plea, and won't you, oh won't you help me?"

And so the Beautifly did tell her tale,
About how her lover was turned into a snail...
"I've been searching for a man,
All across Japan,
Just to find, to find my samurai...
Someone who is strong,
and still a little shy,
Yes, I need, I need my samurai...

"Wait a minute, that's not how the story goes!" Max protested, holding up the book as proof: what was on the page didn't match what Brock was singing...

Ai-yai-yai, I'm your little Beautifly! Green, black and blue, making colors in the sky! Brock continued to sing. Ai-yai-yai, I'm your little--

Misty gave Brock a swift bonk on the head, then explained to the babies: "You know what happens next, the mage gets the ring and lives happily ever after, the end." Both babies applauded as everyone took a bow...

AN: Thanks, +ChaosBlade+, for helping me write the song!

Wes

Iblis Wings
Nice chapter. That song was pretty good so I than that you and that +Chaos Blade+ guy too.

C

+Chaos Blade+

Heh, thanks Wes. Yeah, FlamingRuby, sorry I couldn't get the chance to read the previous chapters. I just wanted to see if my song would be loved, being that it was off the top of my head.

And I see that you've added the little tidbits I included. I was laughing hysterically when you inserted the caps that was in the right spot and that right time.

Great job to you (and to me XP) for the songwriting. 3.75 blades. Great, if only for the length were longer (Damn Songwriter's Block).

~ Denny

EDIT (PS) - you can just insert my name in there, so people can know it was me, since +Chaos Blade+ is a new guy, who'll change his name in two months to Celestius. XP - rhymes with Selestius.

Brian Random

I WAS FROZEN TODAY!!
Day 3, afternoon:
Funny chapter this one. There weren’t any errors, although your paragraphing and layout needs a little work.

Ash was funny, cos of the things he said to Misty. Misty was funny, cos of her gigantic mallet of doom. Brock was funny too, cos I can imagine him singing and he surprised me when he sang that Beautifly song in the end.

So, apart from the paragraphing and the layout, everything else was good.

Overall score (so far): 3.5/5

K

Kyle of Pallet

NICE!!!

Liked the song/story. Thank you +Chaos Blade+ for that.

Hmmm, seems like a bit of Pokeshipping between Ash and Misty.

Anyhoo, heres to bathroom floods and Azuril escapades!

FlamingRuby

The magic of Pokemon
A preview of Episode 8:

Day 3, Evening

Ash sighed as he returned to his room--all the acting had tired him a little, but after glancing at the GameCube sitting in the corner, he reconsidered. I may be tired, but I still have enough energy to practice on Dancing Star! he thought as he grabbed the Dancing Star pad from the closet and hooked it up. He preferred a hard pad to a mat--he didn't want to chase a mat around in the middle of a particularly expressive dance and lose points.

"Chu?" Pikachu peeked in the room just in time to see Ash confirm a few settings on the game. "Pika pika pi, Pikapi?" he asked.

"Sure you can dance with me!" Ash laughed as the song list appeared. "But not on the pad, I don't want to squish you." With that, he began cycling through the songs...

"Azu?" Mizu noticed Pikachu climbing on Ash's desk as Brock carried her into the room."Ri?" she asked as she watched Ash confirm his song.

"Ash is getting ready to play a game where you dance in order to win." Brock explained as Ash turned up the volume on the TV, making the roar of a cheering crowd blare into the room. Pikachu got ready as well, mimicing Ash's pose on the desk.

Mizu watched, fascinated, as the song began...

Ai-yai-yai,
Ai-yai-yai,
Ai-yai-yai,
Where's my samurai?

"Zu ri?" she asked as sparkling rainbow arrows began rolling by on the screen, making Ash step and jump to the beat. Pikachu followed along as well, imitating Ash's every step, jump, pose, and clap.

"The arrows are what you have to step on in order to score." Brock explained. "Miss too many of them, and you lose the game." He watched as Mizu tried to follow along with Pikachu...

I've been searching for a man,
All across Japan,
Someone who is strong, and just a little shy,
Yes I need, I need my samurai...

Ai-yai-yai, I'm your little Beautifly!
Green, black, and blue; making colors in the sky!

"Azu ri!" Mizu giggled as she tried to follow Pikachu's lead, but wound up tripping over herself as the song continued...

I'm searching in the woods,
And high upon the hills,
Someone who won't regret,
To keep me in his net,
Yes I need, I need my samurai...

Ai-yai-yai,
Ai-yai-yai,
Ai-yai-yai,
Where's my samurai?

Ai-yai-yai,
Ai-yai-yai,
Ai-yai-yai,
Where's my samurai?

Oh...Oh...Oh...
Oh..Oh..

Ai-yai-yai,
Ai-yai-yai,
Ai-yai-yai,
Where's my samurai?

Ai-yai-yai,
Ai-yai-yai,
Ai-yai-yai,
Where's my samurai?

With that, Ash and Pikachu struck a final pose to finish...

FlamingRuby

The magic of Pokemon
Apologies for the emergency bumpage, but here's another coming up:

--Little Dancing Queens
--Brock, the singing narrator, part 2