• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Adventures in Running Errands! (887)

Serebii

And, as if by magic, the webmaster appeared...
Staff member
Admin
Chespin! Its First Errand!

Having taken shelter in the Pokémon Center during a long rain storm, the roof of the Pokémon Center soon breaks causing damage to all the equipment in the building. Clemont sets himself up to repair the machinery, but soon finds that he lacks the various parts to do it. In order to get the parts, he sends Chespin and Bunnelby out to get the parts, but things don't go as well as they'd hope...

Visit The Episode Guide

Discuss

1rkhachatryan

Call me Robert guys
So was this episode a complete filler??

UltimateNinja

Praying for the holy relics
Cute filler. Many great Chespin & Bunnelby moments and some development of their relationship.
Want more of those relationships.

Besides of These, one of my favourite moments was Fletchiner cut through Gourgeist's Shadow Ball

Give this a 5.5/10. Still a filler.

Soniman

Break the Limit
Cute filler. Many great Chespin & Bunnelby moments and some development of their relationship.

Besides of These, one of my favourite moments was Fletchiner cut through Gourgeist's Shadow Ball

lol what kind of unfair view is that? "It's a good and enjoyable episode, but since it's a filler I have to give it a low score on principle?"

Yuraenia

Call me Qooky :)
As a filler, I'd honestly give this around an 8/10 at least. It's a good filler, especially with the Pokemon character development and showing their personalities more (its like the producers saw the complaints of the other viewers :p). At least we got to see more of Bunnelby's personality.
I actually really enjoyed this episode. I don't care if it's a filler if the episode actually makes sense and is written well xD

The only thing I found rough was the animation... but other than that, I was glad to see everyone working together again. Serena and Eureka were so cute in their Nurse Joy uniforms :3

Captain America X

So good episode with enjoyable moments is a 5.5 because it's a filler?

Purim

Lone Wanderer
The only thing I found rough was the animation... but other than that, I was glad to see everyone working together again. Serena and Eureka were so cute in their Nurse Joy uniforms :3

I was wondering if I was the only one who noticed that the animation was a bit rougher than usual... it still looked good, mind, but there were some bits that looked off.

I like the whole episode. Kira Kira as an insert song was a nice surprise and I enjoyed the dynamic between Bunnelby and Chespin, and I'm glad all the characters got to do stuff today. Certainly a good episode. I mean, it's not a very actiony episode, so I guess I wouldn't say "best" or anything like that, but it's definitely not boring. But this is the kind of episode Omode normally writes and she excels at, yes?

Ѕhiny Missingno

lol what kind of unfair view is that? "It's a good and enjoyable episode, but since it's a filler I have to give it a low score on principle?"

It's not the fact that it's a filler but the fact that because the episode doesn't have a role in the big picture it seems a bit disappointing.

After all, it is a problem in writing if the story of an episode doesn't actually contribute to the overall plot. There is nothing inherently wrong with fillers, they can be excellent episodes like the Chespin VS Delphox episode or the mirror world episode but they still need to be enjoyable in the light of what the rest of the series has potential for.

Captain America X

It's not the fact that it's a filler but the fact that because the episode doesn't have a role in the big picture it seems a bit disappointing.

After all, it is a problem in writing if the story of an episode doesn't actually contribute to the overall plot. There is nothing inherently wrong with fillers, they can be excellent episodes like the Chespin VS Delphox episode or the mirror world episode but they still need to be enjoyable in the light of what the rest of the series has potential for.

Chespin vs Delphox was not a filler since Chespin activatez Overgrow in the ep and how did the mirror world contribute to the overall plot of the series.

And another thing what is this"big picture" and how does a decent episode with a lot of enjoyable moments be dissapointing just because it has nothing to do with this"big picture"

UltimateNinja

Praying for the holy relics

I am rating a Episode because of the Episode itselfe and not because it's a filler or not. This episode is kinda unnecessary for those guys with less freetime and for those, who doesn't actively watch the series. I am rating the most filler like this.
Yeah some great moments of Bunnelby and Chespin and some development of their relationship, but These are the only important moments of the Episode.

This is still a better filler episode than most of the other of the anime.

LizardonX

Banned
This episode was just amazing.

At least the parts with chespin were.

The parts in the pokemon center was a snoozefest.

9/10

diakyu

I wonder if this episode will play a part in the upcoming episode involving the clip of Clemont crying and holding Bunnelby. It seemed very wrong to me that Chespin was getting all the congratulations.

ShinyCharyZard

Too old for your rubbish..
This episode took me back to the days of Osha-hogging.. I couldn't stand Osha-hogging.

At least Bunnelby was out and about. That was just about the only thing that saved this truly abismal episode..

Mr. Reloaded

Cause a pirate is free
Really cute filler, wish we got a lot more like this where everyone's Pokemon are more involved.

8/10

Soniman

Break the Limit
This episode took me back to the days of Osha-hogging.. I couldn't stand Osha-hogging.

At least Bunnelby was out and about. That was just about the only thing that saved this truly abismal episode..

Except Chespin barely gets any actual focus. You can make the argument that they share some personality traits, bit they don't share equal screen time at all so far :/

LizardonX

Banned
This episode was so good that I think it warrants a longer review than what I usually do for these.

The episode starts off like many a previous filler with Ash and co escaping the rain into a conviniently placed pokemon center. Can we ever get an episode where they don't find shelter while getting attacked by a bloodthirsty feraligatr instead? Moving right along Clemont takes out the power inside said pokemon center. But not before pikachu has a chance to get healed. Can't have an entire episode of the mascot lying around now can we? I wonder if Nurse joy or anyone else whose pokemon weren't lucky enough to be treated can press charges, after all Clemont owns prism tower, he must be loaded. It turns out that the backup generator is also an ancient piece of garbage and must be fueled by the slave labor of our resident electric types minus the lazy as hell denden. After some tinkering by our resident nerd, he finds that everything could be solved by switching in a single screw and like an Angel descending from above, our hero Chespin steps forward and volunteers to buy the magical fixit screw.

Following the power scene of declaration we see Chespin being entrusted with the sacred money pouch and being assigned a servant to do all the hard labor that is below someone of Chespin's stature. The music montage here is so happy and brings a sense of joy to the series I haven't felt since the last episode chespin had a major role in. We see our hero frolicking around enjoying the weather and everything random no name town #4568 has to offer. Except the ice cream. Because somehow the millionare who owns the largest structure in the region is too cheap to give our hero any extra money for a bit of ice cream. For shame. No wonder all his stuff malfunctions. Probably cut corners on parts there too.

With all great quests, there must be some obstacle on for our Hero to face before claming his reward, and it occurs in the form of a completely random fearow. In the following incident, the servant finally proved his use as more than just an unecessary load by serving as a living cannonball, dislodging the precious moneybag and allowing the true hero of this quest to proceed. Due to some distractions and the failure of sidekick bunnelby to do his job properly, the hero had gotten lost and was waylaid by team rocket, who had really sunk to a whole new low trying to steal a small bag of money. Because of all these delays from events outside of our hero's control, Ash stepped in to interefere with his wholly unecessary fliers as ourhero chespin devised an incredible plan to blast off the intruders and save the day. As a side note, Chespin looks oh so right standing by Ash. The two of them were destined to be together always. Back home our hero is welcomed back with all the fanfare that a legendary hero deserves completele with a show of affection from his hopefully temporary caretaker and as massive a banquet as his scroogey owner would spare.

So yeah overall a good episode.