• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Adventures in Running Errands! (887)

UltimateNinja

Praying for the holy relics
I wonder if this episode will play a part in the upcoming episode involving the clip of Clemont crying and holding Bunnelby. It seemed very wrong to me that Chespin was getting all the congratulations.

Yeah I had the same Feeling about bunnelby in this Episode. Maybe in XY89, it want to prove Clemont that it is an lovely and loyal pokemon with it beating it's evolved form.

Spider-Phoenix

#ChespinGang
Because somehow the millionare who owns the largest structure in the region is too cheap to give our hero any extra money for a bit of ice cream. For shame. No wonder all his stuff malfunctions. Probably cut corners on parts there too.

This.... This... IT ALL MAKES SENSE NOW!!!!!

As a side note, Chespin looks oh so right standing by Ash. The two of them were destined to be together always.

Amem, brother.

But it seems like some things just aren't meant to be. Specially the good ones :(

DotKU

Champion
This episode was so good that I think it warrants a longer review than what I usually do for these.

The episode starts off like many a previous filler with Ash and co escaping the rain into a conviniently placed pokemon center. Can we ever get an episode where they don't find shelter while getting attacked by a bloodthirsty feraligatr instead? Moving right along Clemont takes out the power inside said pokemon center. But not before pikachu has a chance to get healed. Can't have an entire episode of the mascot lying around now can we? I wonder if Nurse joy or anyone else whose pokemon weren't lucky enough to be treated can press charges, after all Clemont owns prism tower, he must be loaded. It turns out that the backup generator is also an ancient piece of garbage and must be fueled by the slave labor of our resident electric types minus the lazy as hell denden. After some tinkering by our resident nerd, he finds that everything could be solved by switching in a single screw and like an Angel descending from above, our hero Chespin steps forward and volunteers to buy the magical fixit screw.

Following the power scene of declaration we see Chespin being entrusted with the sacred money pouch and being assigned a servant to do all the hard labor that is below someone of Chespin's stature. The music montage here is so happy and brings a sense of joy to the series I haven't felt since the last episode chespin had a major role in. We see our hero frolicking around enjoying the weather and everything random no name town #4568 has to offer. Except the ice cream. Because somehow the millionare who owns the largest structure in the region is too cheap to give our hero any extra money for a bit of ice cream. For shame. No wonder all his stuff malfunctions. Probably cut corners on parts there too.

With all great quests, there must be some obstacle on for our Hero to face before claming his reward, and it occurs in the form of a completely random fearow. In the following incident, the servant finally proved his use as more than just an unecessary load by serving as a living cannonball, dislodging the precious moneybag and allowing the true hero of this quest to proceed. Due to some distractions and the failure of sidekick bunnelby to do his job properly, the hero had gotten lost and was waylaid by team rocket, who had really sunk to a whole new low trying to steal a small bag of money. Because of all these delays from events outside of our hero's control, Ash stepped in to interefere with his wholly unecessary fliers as ourhero chespin devised an incredible plan to blast off the intruders and save the day. As a side note, Chespin looks oh so right standing by Ash. The two of them were destined to be together always. Back home our hero is welcomed back with all the fanfare that a legendary hero deserves completele with a show of affection from his hopefully temporary caretaker and as massive a banquet as his scroogey owner would spare.

So yeah overall a good episode.

This.

But seriously, this episode was good for showing more of the pokemon. Bunnelby's and Chespin's interactions were great and I'm glad everyone was doing something just like in the episode before. I was hoping that Noibat would gain some experience for battling TR, but oh well maybe next time. As others have pointed out, the animation seemed off for some bits but overall wasn't that big of an issue.

1rkhachatryan

Call me Robert guys
Ugh, I really don't understand the writers. There was so much they could of gave Chespin here, they could of gave it a new move, a great battle, revealed his gender...but nope we get a pointless filler for one of the only episodes that is a focus episode for him.

There are so many episodes which could of been filler and they choose a supposed development episode.

Ugh, I really don't understand the writers. There was so much they could of gave Chespin here, they could of gave it a new move, a great battle, revealed his gender...but nope we get a pointless filler for one of the only episodes that is a focus episode for him.

There are so many episodes which could of been filler and they choose a supposed development episode.

I think its obvious Chespin is male :p

1rkhachatryan

Call me Robert guys

jrizza88

Meteorite
But remember Meowth and Oshawatt were interested in the male Purrloin, so you can't use that.

but they thought it was a female.

Honestly, the way Chespin goes after other pokemon screams male. Yes, the writer's are playing on a stereotype lol.

I think Pikachu and Luxray should have pushed Dedenne out the way, in case he was the one hogging all the food. Lazy monster.

Sheepy Lamby

Humor without human characters...wonderful! :D
I loved the interaction between Chespin and Bunnelby.
This episode was too good to be called a "filler"

Overall I definitely think that this has got to be one of the better episodes of this show. I really enjoyed a lot of the moments in it. But I would like it better if Ash complimented Serena without her asking.

Commander Wrex

I think the episode served its purpose. Filler, yes. But to grade it too low just because of it being filler is a bit unfair.

There are things to improve, though. Animation aside, I honestly didn't like how shafted Luxray and Bunnelby were given in credit for the effort. I did also feel that any sort of development for Chespin by himself was wasted potential...outside of working with Bunnelby well for once, there wasn't much to say about what it did in this episode. And that 'partnership' with it and Bunnelby might be hurt a tad bit when Clemont handed much of the credit to Chespin and not enough to Bunnelby. I DO like the scenes where Ash and the gang chip in to help the Pokémon Center - another working-as-a-group type of thing.

Outside of that, though, not entirely close to being one of the better episodes in the series, but it's a pretty good episode based on its purposes. Maybe a 7/10 rated episode, more or less.

Navin

MALDREAD
Mal's Review-

This episode made LizardonX happy.

Pros:

* Everyone had part

* Chespin: Brock, Bunnelby: Croagunk

* Bunnelby getting screentime

* Chespin's emergency hospitalization and reactions - top kek

Cons:

* Luxray being reduced to a charger...maybe for once the glorious lion will get meaningful airtime

* Filler episode

Thoughts:

*Always raining in France Kalos

* Serena...just confess already c'mon..

* Miss the days of Island of Giant Pokemon where we could read the subtitles of Poke-speak

A light-hearted but entertaining filler episode.

5/10

Last edited:

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
I liked that Dedenne and Luxray and the other cast Pokemon were put to good use during the first half: All the scenes during the rainstorm were tolerable in my opinion, then came the second half of the episode with Chespin and Bunnelby. I was right to dread it since it ended up being predictable, plus TR seemed more redundant than usual imho. At least Serena and Bonnie looked cute as nurses.

Platinum fan.

RetiredPokemonMaster
I finally watched the episode. Clemont's new invention looked like a prototype Medabot. Anyone remember that show? But anyway the episode was a nice filler. Serena and Bonnie get to play nurse and finally people have nurses to look at that are not Nurse Joy clones. That must have been nice. But the stars of the episode were Chespin and Bunnelby. I love how they could tell a story and they can't say anything beyond their name. I enjoyed Chespin getting distracted from the goal which annoyed Bunnelby. The dynamics worked. My favorite part was when Chespin went to a food cart run by a human girl. Was she going to serve the Pokemon? She looked ready to before Bunnelby stopped it. That would have been amusing. TR really came off as desperate for screentime in this episode, as they could have just made the Fearow or other bully wild Pokemon the enemies of the day. But overall a cute episode. The ending made me laugh with glutton Chespin. The sidekicks Pokemon don't get to battle often, but between Clemont and Serena's Pokemon, they have amazing personalities. Some of the best the series have made IMO.