• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

'Adventures In Unova' Opening

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've now watched it 10 times. I love it. The only complaint I have is the usual of it being too short. This song deserved to be longer even if I'm one of the few who liked it.XD

This season when it comes out and eventually comes to DVD will be going next to my old cartoons I've collected on DVD specially.=3

Time to look for old cheesy openings of cartoons. I'm nostalgic all of a sudden.^-^

This intro is actually...good! Yeah, I like it. It's gotta be my second favorite of all of TPCi's intros (my overall favorite is "Galactic Battles"). If it wasn't so insanely short, then it would be a great intro. I'm looking forward to the movie version of this intro! ;)

My overall worst TPCi dub intro was the DP rap. That was just awful. xD.

Primeape wasn't released. He is like Gliscor, Squirtle and Charizard. He was just given to training, not released

If he was like those three Ash would have used him by now. He was released. -_-

SlimeStack

Please tell me they're going to update all the footage after the Pokémon League. I got excited when the trailer hyped up Episode N, but I thought the OP is horrible for focusing on footage designed for episodes that have already aired months ago. Trip, Bianca and Stephan will all be irrelevant within like 10 episodes, I'd hate to see the exact same OP for the following 30 episodes.

No. Just no. I ALWAYS like the dub openings, but I just can't like this one. The clips themselves should have been longer, so we could've seen more. The song is terrible, though. I way prefer the Rival Destinies song. >.>

The video itself for the opening was great, but the song sounds horrible with the generic "you,me,friendship,trust,fight,together" theme they've started since Battle Frontier onwards which is a damn shame.

Seasons 1 - 8's theme songs were great.

4Kids definitely got the music down right.

It's only now people are realizing 4Kids was not that bad a dubber for Pokemon? >_<

This intro is easily one of TPCi's most solid intros, though, props to them. I've noticed they're getting better at the dub in this saga. BW is the first time I've ever truly been happy with their work (of course, you guys know how I hate the dub switch in general). The major problem is that it's so short...the movie version will make up for it, though.

Last edited:

LizardonX

Banned
I only really liked the Yugioh dub. Since at the time all the pokemon was on when I watched it saturday morning were fillers. I don't mind TPci that much since I only started watching seriously at the end of DP.

Ahh yes the song was at least better than season 10.

I only really liked the Yugioh dub. Since at the time all the pokemon was on when I watched it saturday morning were fillers. I don't mind TPci that much since I only started watching seriously at the end of DP.

Ahhh yes the song was at least better than Season 10.

I prefer 4Kids' Pokemon dub over their Yugioh dub myself, but I actually watched both around...more or less the same time. It's probably because I started watching Pokemon from the preview EP in the US all the way to "Pasta La Vista!" though.

Yeah, I don't think anything comes close to the horridness of Season 10's intro, personally. xD.

Last edited:
How was he released? Ash left him for training. If that's releasing, that would mean Charizard, Squirtle and Gliscor were released as well. Which they weren't.

He isn't training for Ash, he's training for that P1 thing. He's not going to return.

nuzamaki90

4Kids always did their openings great, the dubs sucked but at least the songs, which even little kids care about, were great.

The only openings TPCi has made that I legit like are the Battle Frontier and Galactic Battles ones, since it's the only ones that doesn't just talk about "FRIENDSHIP IS AWESOME! LOVE IS AWESOME! LET'S TURN POKEMON INTO A REHASH OF MLP!". Although I did start to like the DP rap after hearing it for so many times, the lyrics were actually pretty good xD

God, they make these newer openings look like openings stolen from Care Bears.

4Kids always did their openings great, the dubs sucked but at least the songs, which even little kids care about, were great.

The only openings TPCi has made that I legit like are the Battle Frontier and Galactic Battles ones, since it's the only ones that doesn't just talk about "FRIENDSHIP IS AWESOME! LOVE IS AWESOME! LET'S TURN POKEMON INTO A REHASH OF MLP!". Although I did start to like the DP rap after hearing it for so many times, the lyrics were actually pretty good xD

God, they make these newer openings look like openings stolen from Care Bears.

4Kids dub didn't suck to me, but IDK. The voice acting was roughly equal to the openings to me. Both were pretty solid in my eyes.

Kokatsu

4Kids did more rock while TPCI seems to do more pop and that one rap. However I don't really blame them for the pop vibe considering that is what the target demo seems to be into Justin Bieber,One Direction,Greyson Chance etc. So they might feel just go with what kids want in music nowadays.
I do know where people are coming from with the "friendship vibe" I remember when I felt Galactic battles felt like 80s/90s Disney cartoon theme song XD However I felt the friendship was toned down in here and it was more about doing your best which was good.

Really hoping the X and Y song ditches the duet and goes to a rock feel

4Kids did more rock while TPCI seems to do more pop and that one rap. However I don't really blame them for the pop vibe considering that is what the target demo seems to be into Justin Bieber,One Direction,Greyson Chance etc. So they might feel just go with what kids want in music nowadays.
I do know where people are coming from with the "friendship vibe" I remember when I felt Galactic battles felt like 80s/90s Disney cartoon theme song XD However I felt the friendship was toned down in here and it was more about doing your best which was good.

Really hoping the X and Y song ditches the duet and goes to a rock feel

That rap was horrible. Dark days, dark days. Oh yeah, so was the voice acting. Whoops, did I say that out loud? JK.

Anyway, I liked this intro. Seems we're getting a lot of Tea's speeches in TPCi's dub, though, if you know what I mean. xD.

Last edited:

Kokatsu

That rap was horrible. Dark days, dark days. Oh yeah, so was the voice acting. Whoops, did I say that out loud? JK.

Anyway, I liked this intro. Seems we're getting a lot of Tea's speeches in TPCi's dub, though, if you know what I mean. xD.

After the original Yugioh ended Tea got a job with TPCI lol

After the original Yugioh ended Tea got a job with TPCI lol

ROFL. She was paid to make the intros and hire the singers and writers for TPCi's intros. JK.

Good song, good choices of scenes (would have liked Plasma though), and wish it was longer. I can't wait to hear the full version of the song.

Good song, good choices of scenes (would have liked Plasma though), and wish it was longer. I can't wait to hear the full version of the song.

^My thoughts in a nutshell. Couldn't agree more w/you.^

the1stpkmnfan

Your Big Buff Bro
It's interesting to see people appreciate what 4Kids did under their license of the show. In my opinion, 4Kids isnt the best, but they have star quality for making dubbed anime English programs. Voice actors are tolerable, humor is added, and it's very comporting to watch. Wish people had known more about shows like Magical DoReMi when they were still under 4Kids' ownership.

ANYWHO.

This opening was't too bad, but it wasn't the best either. It's awesome to see clips from Be An Arrow, especially with all of Ash's Pokemon! I was kind of hoping to have a ending title screen with Ash, Iris and Cilan in the center of the Unova League stadium with all of Ash's Pokemon in a group pose. Oh well.

I wonder if they're going to use the 2nd version of the opening with Episode N drawing near. All of the US knows of it now, because of the English trailer. No need to hide the news. :p

The song in the opening was... very bland. Forgettable as well. I was too focused at seeing what parts of Be An Arrow they were going to use... in 30 seconds no less.

Status
Not open for further replies.