• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Advice on my team - Fire Red (Non-competitive)

Status
Not open for further replies.

welsyb

Just starting playing Fire Red recently and have already defeated the Elite Four. Preparing a team to put together so i can get my pokemon leveled up quickly to take them down quickly etc to keep leveling them up to 100.

Few points to note:
- I don't intend on battling online so this is purely for "in" game purposes.
- I cannot trade as using an emulator.
- I'm no expert on EV's, breeding etc.

So my team i've gone for (Mixture of defence/attack)

Mewtwo (Hold Item: Twisted spoon)
- Calm Mind
- Recover
- Physic
- Shadow Ball

With calm mind and twisted spoon it will make physic very powerful. Shadow ball is there for the ghost/physic pokemon.

Raikou (Hold Item: Leftovers)
- Crunch
- Rain Dance
- Thunder
- Thunderwave

Was not sure on Thunderwave but chose it as it can come in handy when capturing pokemon whilst running around with the team. Rain Dance will make Thunder very powerful. Crunch good for the ghosts/physic.

Blastoise (Hold Item: Leftovers)
- Ice Beam
- Surf
- Counter
- Rapid Spin

Ice/Fighting/Water - can't go wrong and Rapid Spin to help with wrap/spikes etc.

Snorlax (Hold Item: Quickclaw)
- Rest
- Sleeptalk
- Earthquake
- Body Slam

Mainly designed to act as a sleeptank. Earthquake good for fire/steel/electric/poison/etc

Moltres (Hold Item: Charcoal)
- Flamethrower
- Sunny Day
- Sky Attack
- Safeguard

Designed to cause major fire damage on grass/steel/ice/bug.

Articuno (Hold Item: Lax Incense)
- Ice Beam
- Reflect
- Mind Reader
- Sheer Cold

I was un-sure on whether to use ice beam and sheer cold as then it's two moves of same type so could replace Ice Beam with Return but then again i am also considering dropping Articuno and training up a Dragonite or Lapras. Also was tempted to go with Mist instead of Reflect but Mist seems a little pointless against the Elite Four.

Welcoming all comments (good and bad). Mainly designed a good all round team for the elite four and general leveling although now they are 60+ i can't imagine having many problems. I am a perfectionist so hoping to get the right movesets/hold items before continuing as i will need to re-learn some old moves.

As i said, i cannot trade so limited to hold items as Leftovers is my favorite.

Status
Not open for further replies.