• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Advice thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ethan

Banned
New advice thread ladies and gents. Come ask for advice on personal matters and all that jazz.

'sept this time 'round we have a new rule and it goes something like this: If you're a retard you can't give any advice, and if you post giving it I'll infract you.

For those of you too dumb to understand what I'm trying to say is, no telling a hormonal teen to runaway from her parents, or telling a genuinely fucked up person to end their life. We all know that the internet is SRS BUZNIZ but mewskittys tend to hang around threads like these. If the advice you give is downright stupid, illogical, or dangerous for the person recieving it, etc, you can count on having the house dropped on you.

Oh yeah and this isn't the questions thread.

Members prohibited from giving any advice;

Mimefan

First post!

Best way to tell a guy I don't like you without basically shattering his heart in two? Like I did last time.

He is my friend and I don't want to hurt him, I also probably want to get the 'I don't like you' message across before he tries to ask me out :/

GrizzlyB

Confused and Dazed
Hey guys, I need to catch a raccoon, like, STAT. Problem is, these fuckers are fast and very wily, so any tips on catching one? Besides with expensive traps and stuff. (and I might possibly need more than one...)

btw, I've tried fishing rods and bomb-wired trashcans with no success, so scratch those off.

An00bis

Wicked Witch
Hey guys, I need to catch a raccoon, like, STAT. Problem is, these ****ers are fast and very wily, so any tips on catching one? Besides with expensive traps and stuff. (and I might possibly need more than one...)

Assuming the raccoon isn't your pet you can call Animal Control and they take care of the problem for you. That's their job. I don't recommend you try to catch a wild animal when you don't need to resort to it.

If it isn't an option you can try this;

Lure them into a shed or other sealed off place with bait and close the door when they come in looking for food. After they calm down (might take a few minutes to a few hours) gradually begin closing in the space using either a piece of wood they can't slip around or an equally lengthy item that extends from wall to wall until they're backed against the far wall. From there use an upside empty trash can to cage them, preferably one with a flip top so it can be secured easily.

I caught a feral cat that got into my basement that way. Lured him into the upstairs hallway with food, had someone close the basement door behind him, and boxed them in the hallway with a mattress to catch with an inverted Trash Can.

Ethan

Banned
Dillema, listen up.

Well there's this lady that I've been friends with since the sixth grade, but I was never really interested in her because in all truth, I just wasn't attracted that way. Even up until freshmen year she looked about the same, we're still great friends. Well turns out junior year she all of the sudden becomes smoking hot. Don't even ask me how. To add insult to injury she's going out with a guy that's kind of a socially awkward/overtly hyper idiot and with the chemisty we have, I'm actually contemplating stealing his girl, and tbh it would be with relative ease.

But there's that whole "moral" bit. :(

Talk me down.

Jhonny

Officially The Worst
Dillema, listen up.

Well there's this lady that I've been friends with since the sixth grade, but I was never really interested in her because in all truth, I just wasn't attracted that way. Even up until freshmen year she looked about the same, we're still great friends. Well turns out junior year she all of the sudden becomes smoking hot. Don't even ask me how. To add insult to injury she's going out with a guy that's kind of a socially awkward/overtly hyper idiot and with the chemisty we have, I'm actually contemplating stealing his girl, and tbh it would be with relative ease.

Talk me down.

Morals? Dont be stupid. Think about the consequences of letting a hyper active retard pass on its genes. Alls fair in love and war yadayadayada. If you try to snatch the broad and it fails then you've solidified their relationship, which is a good, and your feeling like a twonk would be penance enough. Conversely, if you do get the dame then their relationship wasn't meant to last anyway. Take it from personal experience, steal the girl...in a way that doesn't look like theft.

mew801

First post!

Best way to tell a guy I don't like you without basically shattering his heart in two? Like I did last time.

He is my friend and I don't want to hurt him, I also probably want to get the 'I don't like you' message across before he tries to ask me out :/

I know it sounds kind of harsh, but you just have to tell I'd to him straight that you don't like him. Otherwise it could end up getting pretty awkward especially if you are really good friends. He may be a bit disapponted at first, but trust me, he'll get over it. :)

Darato

(o,..,o)
First post!

There really is no sure easy way to tell him that you don't like him in that way since people will react in their own way to things. The best thing to do is let him know that you know he likes you and your sorry, but you don't return the the feelings. You might have them for him someday, but since your not sure if you will or not he shouldn't live on hope that it might happen.

Hey guys, I need to catch a raccoon, like, STAT. Problem is, these fuckers are fast and very wily, so any tips on catching one? Besides with expensive traps and stuff. (and I might possibly need more than one...)

btw, I've tried fishing rods and bomb-wired trashcans with no success, so scratch those off.

I'd try to block off the area the raccoon is in to make it a smaller place. From there block off the parts of the room he isn't in to make it an even smaller area and then put a little food out and see what happens.

Dillema, listen up.

Talk me down.

First see how happy she is with this other guy to see if you even still want to try it. If she is happy let her be happy, but if she isn't give it a try. Keep in mind that you will be going into a relationship with one of your friends and it will tend to change things. So if you do think she'd be happier with you in place of this other guy and you can make it work go for it, but if you also think that it is just a crush and not going to go that far, let it just pass on by.

L.F.D.

Cain Nightroad

Daydreaming

If he does end up asking you out, use the "friend zone" technique that definitely hurts us but eventually doesn't become relevant enough to cause anymore pain or stress. It's also a simple way to get out of it without just saying "no" flat-out and ruining the friendship. Of course, expression is also a key part of it. Try not to look too sad over doing so and be especially careful not to look apathetic or arrogant. Going into any of those extremes can really crush somebody, so just work for a "partially sad" kind of look so it isn't enough to completely obliterate this guy's pride.

The best thing to do to make sure that he doesn't ask you out is to act nothing like some of my friends who are girls. Don't go around hugging everybody or anything that could even hint to infatuation. Giving him anything to make his move on is pretty no-go in general.

latino heat

Mexican pride
ok i have a problem

So theres this girl that ive been friends with since last year weve been good friends and I really like. We really got into this big......well I wouldnt say fight but we dont talk to each other at all, I mean we are sitting or standing in front of each other and wont even say a word or look at eachother.And its gotten to the point were she pretends im not even there.

Now Im the one that started this problem. I decided to ignore her for X reasons and she decided to do the same and the tenssion between us is very bad.

Something horrible had to happen for me to realize to never let a good frienship die or end up as fuked as its going on with her.

I know that I should apologize because I was the *** in this situation but I dont know how to say it or how should I start.

Im thinking of making her a card explaining the reason I was being such in ***
But im not sure that will do
Any help please??

Thanks for the advice everyone :3

Next problem:

Today, I've declared to myself, I like one of my new friends. My last problem was a friend liking me, now I like one of my friends -_-

Anyways, we get along really well and today when he gave me a hug as saying thanks for doing him a favor, I just had that 'feeling' that I like him. I thought he was cute before we were friends, but that was it. Now that we are friends, I saw his personality and I like it alot. How can I find out what he thinks of me without him finding out I like him? Would it be worth trying to figure out?

Dillema, listen up.

Talk me down.

Dude, you should totally do it!
My motto is, it's all fair game until they are married!
Besides it's going to be HER choice to break up with the guy.
If she truly loved him, she wouldn't leave him. What's the problem here?

Good luck, tiger! (lol) ;D

My situation:

So I have been called "pretty" twice by 2 different girls(freshman and junior year). I've received other compliments, but these kind of left me puzzled, because what does it mean when a girl calls a guy "pretty"?

I asked the girl "Pretty? Then, I should be on a magazine right? haha"
Her: "Ha, yeah!"

ianflowforever

Coordinator Plus
Dillema, listen up.

Talk me down.

Well, if you never thought she was hot, and now, you only like her because of looks, it shows you are shallow. If you have chemistry, as in personality wise and such, then, well, you missed your chance.

If this guy is socially awkward, and hyper, don't ruin his fun, if you steal her, it would not only make you look like a jerk, but, you could possibly ruin his social life (If he has any).

Also, I'm happy you thought, about moral issues, because, not only would you be a jerk, but, you could be ripping apart a relationship that shouldn't be torn apart by an outside source.

If I were you, I'd wait, watch, observe, maybe even try to become friends with her boyfriend. Maybe, he won't seem the way you think he is. Maybe she loves him, maybe he really loves her. Heck, you could be wrong, if you stole her from him, she might realize that you like her more now because of her looks, and she could dump you for such shallow behavior. Or, she could dump you, because, you might not have such chemistry that you thought the two of you would have.

She might see something in him, that she can't see in you.

My advice, to sum it up, stop before you act. Wait, and watch. You might not be meant to steal her, and the thing is, maybe he deserves her*. None of this is meant to insult you, I am trying to be completely, brutally, honest.

*You said he is socially awkward, and hyper, this could mean he doesn't have a girl friend very often, so, it might be best to let them stay together.

bobjr

You ask too many questions
Staff member
Well, if you never thought she was hot, and now, you only like her because of looks, it shows you are shallow. If you have chemistry, as in personality wise and such, then, well, you missed your chance.

If this guy is socially awkward, and hyper, don't ruin his fun, if you steal her, it would not only make you look like a jerk, but, you could possibly ruin his social life (If he has any).

Also, I'm happy you thought, about moral issues, because, not only would you be a jerk, but, you could be ripping apart a relationship that shouldn't be torn apart by an outside source.

If I were you, I'd wait, watch, observe, maybe even try to become friends with her boyfriend. Maybe, he won't seem the way you think he is. Maybe she loves him, maybe he really loves her. Heck, you could be wrong, if you stole her from him, she might realize that you like her more now because of her looks, and she could dump you for such shallow behavior. Or, she could dump you, because, you might not have such chemistry that you thought the two of you would have.

She might see something in him, that she can't see in you.

My advice, to sum it up, stop before you act. Wait, and watch. You might not be meant to steal her, and the thing is, maybe he deserves her*. None of this is meant to insult you, I am trying to be completely, brutally, honest.

*You said he is socially awkward, and hyper, this could mean he doesn't have a girl friend very often, so, it might be best to let them stay together.

Do the opposite of this. Honestly, who cares if he doesn't have a girlfriend very often. Seriously, just talk to her about it and use her current relationship as a talking point about how you would want a relationship with her. When you start to care about him you'll lose the effect.

So I have been called "pretty" twice by 2 different girls(freshman and junior year). I've received other compliments, but these kind of left me puzzled, because what does it mean when a girl calls a guy "pretty"?

I asked the girl "Pretty? Then, I should be on a magazine right? haha"
Her: "Ha, yeah!"

I had a similar situation, but with the word 'cute' and more frequently then twice.

It's confusing.
I just kind of nod my head and say okay in an offbeat friendly sort of way.
Also whenever I have like a football game and I have to dress up (dress clothes, not uniform) they find it 'cute'. Basically anything that seems mature kind of leads into more +1 Awww cute!ness I usually just use it as means to strike up a conversation, or at least I would but they usually are the ones who start it. I smile a lot too.
And whatever the hell I'm doing seems to be working just fine.

ianflowforever

Coordinator Plus
Do the opposite of this. Honestly, who cares if he doesn't have a girlfriend very often. Seriously, just talk to her about it and use her current relationship as a talking point about how you would want a relationship with her. When you start to care about him you'll lose the effect.

So, your advice for him is to be a complete jerk, without any feelings or regards towards her boyfriend, which would lead to him seeming insensitive. Also, that would mean that he would have no respect that the two are in a relationship together.
Also, I REALLY hope that if he decides to talk and try to steal her, I hope he doesn't lie AT ALL.
Oh, and if you care, that might just mean you have a heart, hopefully it's still beating. You say he'll lose the effect, well, who knows, he might just gain more effectiveness to the effect.

bobjr

You ask too many questions
Staff member
So, your advice for him is to be a complete jerk, without any feelings or regards towards her boyfriend, which would lead to him seeming insensitive. Also, that would mean that he would have no respect that the two are in a relationship together.
Also, I REALLY hope that if he decides to talk and try to steal her, I hope he doesn't lie AT ALL.
Oh, and if you care, that might just mean you have a heart, hopefully it's still beating. You say he'll lose the effect, well, who knows, he might just gain more effectiveness to the effect.

If someone really wants to steal a girlfriend/boyfriend from someone, wouldn't they have little respect for the relationship in the first place. Besides, he wanted to be talked down, not "Oh don't worry everything works out if you believe!"

I had a similar situation, but with the word 'cute' and more frequently then twice.

It's confusing.
I just kind of nod my head and say okay in an offbeat friendly sort of way.
Also whenever I have like a football game and I have to dress up (dress clothes, not uniform) they find it 'cute'. Basically anything that seems mature kind of leads into more +1 Awww cute!ness I usually just use it as means to strike up a conversation, or at least I would but they usually are the ones who start it. I smile a lot too.
And whatever the hell I'm doing seems to be working just fine.

Yeah, I get cute/hot....but only 2 times have I gotten pretty. Just sounds weird. lol
I do stay clean and shaven. XD

BUG

insert joke so dated I don't even remember it
Dillema, listen up.

Talk me down.

DO IT. Srsly.

ianflowforever

Coordinator Plus
If someone really wants to steal a girlfriend/boyfriend from someone, wouldn't they have little respect for the relationship in the first place. Besides, he wanted to be talked down, not "Oh don't worry everything works out if you believe!"

Ok, well then, I'm sorry for trying to give advice from my point of view.
By the way, I have been looking through the advice given to the current subject, and I'm thinking 'Aw, what the heck, my advice can go to heck'.

So, I guess our current debate is pointless, and, I guess right now, it would seem that the best idea, is to take the most popular advice.

Status
Not open for further replies.