1. We have moved to a new forum system. All your posts and data should have transferred over. Welcome, to the new Serebii Forums. Details here
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
    Dismiss Notice
  3. If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders
    Dismiss Notice

Advice thread

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous Discussion' started by Ethan, Sep 3, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ebil McClucky

Ebil McClucky DAT ***

I figured I might be able to keep in contact by swapping numbers with her, but I'll try that, see how it works out.

2. GhostAnime

GhostAnime Searching for her...

I'd be very cautious of becoming a video game related major especially if you're a woman but I have no right to tell you what you can't be, but at least you were warned.

3. Ebil McClucky

Ebil McClucky DAT ***

What's that meant to mean?

4. GhostAnime

It means what it means. Employment in that industry is really not all that common.

5. shadow wolf

shadow wolf The one and only!

In the video game industry, how can you become a creator? I want to write the story and draw character design and dabble in the other fields a bit. My main focus is to work in the writing and artistry of my story.

6. Ebil McClucky

Ebil McClucky DAT ***

It just seemed out of the blue because I didn't say anything about industry (I think, I don't know what I talk about half the time)

7. GhostAnime

Very few people actually become one.

8. shadow wolf

Shame, oh well I'll just try my best and hope my story is good enough.

9. intergalactic platypus

intergalactic platypus Only rescues maidens

It's more common than you would think. It's just that most people aren't Miyamato

10. shadow wolf

Yay, confidence boost, thanks.

11. intergalactic platypus

Well sorry. You can still dream all you want and work towards your goals

12. shadow wolf

Did you think I was being sarcastic?

13. intergalactic platypus

Yeah, I thought you were upset I said not many people were like Miyamato, creating massive franchises. But fwiw, I know a guy who works at EA (some sort of programming deal,) and it wasn't like a ridiculously impossible job to get

14. GhostAnime

I'm sure some people landed a similar sort of job but it's not a guaranteed thing or anything.

15. shadow wolf

I was completely sincere about it, because now I know I not aiming to a dead-end career. I hope to work with Square Enix. Heh, I got worried.

16. GhostAnime

Well... you can dream!

17. shadow wolf

Yes, I can!

18. intergalactic platypus

No STEM (science, tech, engineering, math,) jobs are guaranteed except for pretty much nursing or teaching math. That doesn't mean it's like pursuing a film career or something

19. Haruka

Haruka Banned

Just a quick and probably stupid question.

I'm going to church for an Easter service soon. Easter, of course, means dressing up all fancy and the like. But...I'm a girl who really, really hates having to wear dresses/skirts. Do you think just wearing some nice black slacks and a blouse would be formal enough? Or is it really expected of me to go the whole nine yards?

20. Noctourniquet

Noctourniquet ∆∆∆

^ If it's at a church, then I don't think anyone will be judging you by what you are wearing. You should be fine wearing what you said.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.