• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Advice thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

intergalactic platypus

Only rescues maidens
'His' is a non-gender-specific posessive when sex hasn't been given.
That's why personified objects are often referred to as 'he.'
Freshman Year English, holmes.

And you call me condescending? Look, I have no issue with you going right to the workforce, I don't. It's your life, and odds are you and I will never cross paths anyway. You asked for advice and I gave it, which is that your chances of financial stability and a job you enjoy are much lower without higher education. Yes maybe I was a bit too blunt. But you have been nothing but a massive douche to everyone in this thread, which is ridiculous when you come here asking for opinions in the first place. Seriously

Sha742

And you call me condescending? Look, I have no issue with you going right to the workforce, I don't. It's your life, and odds are you and I will never cross paths anyway. You asked for advice and I gave it, which is that your chances of financial stability and a job you enjoy are much lower without higher education. Yes maybe I was a bit too blunt. But you have been nothing but a massive douche to everyone in this thread, which is ridiculous when you come here asking for opinions in the first place. Seriously
u mad?

Last edited:

Waldorf

ungrateful
My dear Sha742, I wish you the best in the great adventure that is writing.

However, assuming that you intend to sign your works under a nom de plume, could you tell me what it is going to be, so that I may have a good laugh if any of your stuff actually reaches the bookshelves?

Sha742

You stupid?

Depends who you ask?

My dear Sha742, I wish you the best in the great adventure that is writing.

However, assuming that you intend to sign your works under a nom de plume, could you tell me what it is going to be, so that I may have a good laugh if any of your stuff actually reaches the bookshelves?

"Vehemoth the Destroyer."

Watch for it. I'm starting in steamy romance novels.

Rave

Banned

Waterpokes

Well, I have a question. Actually, two questions.

1st: I have been given a job, by my teacher, to do a movie review. If I do this well and right, she might even recommend me to the paper, where I can review more movies. And this is my very first time, and I have little clue. So what should I look after in a movie? Plot, characters, details, sentences, everything? When it comes to movies, I am very subjective. I also want to be in the more objective zone, where I judge everything fair.

2nd: How can you see that somebody is doing good acting and bad acting? I know when somebody is doing really bad acting, but I can't see a little bad acting and good acting. So anybody who can tell me how you can see that? Or tell me how you do that? If somebody is smilling in a scene, even though it's supposed to be dead serious, and so on.

Thank you in advance.

Last edited:

Sha742

Well, I have a question. Actually, two questions.

1st: I have been given a job, by my teacher, to do a movie review. If I do this well and right, she might even recommend me to the paper, where I can review more movies. And this is my very first time, and I have little clue. So what should I look after in a movie? Plot, characters, details, sentences, everything? When it comes to movies, I am very subjective. I also want to be in the more objective zone, where I judge everything fair.

2nd: How can you see that somebody is doing good acting and bad acting? I know when somebody is doing really bad acting, but I can't see a little bad acting and good acting. So anybody who can tell me how you can see that? Or tell me how you do that? If somebody is smilling in a scene, even though it's supposed to be dead serious, and so on.

Thank you in advance.

Good acting is consistency. Bad acting is sporadic. At the level you'll be reviewing, all the actors will have grasped how to keep good energy to make their characters. However, the difference between the good ones and the bad ones is how well they'll be able to hold it.

The character I'm playing is an old man, and I'm thrown to the floor in the beginning of the scene. The bad actor would realistically fall to the floor and get up, but may forget that their character is supposed to be aged and frail. The good actor would still be able to hold his character through any kind of staging. Most of the time the audience won't consciously notice the difference as the exchange is only a few seconds, but a good actor who is capable of convincing them that he's an old man will stick out in their minds.

It's really hard though. Frankly, despite my understanding of what I need to do, applying it without overdoing it is a Hell and a half.

My advice to you: You don't need any. Critics are often forgetting that they're reviewing for PEOPLE to read, not necessarily for the actors and directors themselves, unless the specifically specifies. With that said, just give the honest opinion on what you see, and if you see a particular actor that blows you away, mention it. You said you already knew how to identify really bad acting, so all you really need to do is write about the extremes if you see them.

EDIT: My advice was more aimed at stage-acting than camera-acting, but you should still manage.

Krake

Flabebe's Kids
Well, my school's prom is coming up. Weeks ago, I had asked my crush to go with me, to which she said she was already going with someone, but she agreed to save a dance with me.

I originally intended on finding out her feelings for me, but my mom just finished talking to me about how I might need to rethink what I say. I want to find out how she feels about me before I graduate (since graduates get out of school earlier than the underclasses and I'm a grade older than her) and hook up if at all possible before then, but at the same time, I don't want to waste time worrying over it.

Any advice?

Because none of you responded the first time.

Because none of you responded the first time.

Well that's all up to you. I say if you really really like her, go for it. Crushes/relationships cause a lot of stress, and I know there's already a bunch of it during the time when you're about to graduate.
But chances are she is now thinking about the fact that you asked her out.

hm. I'd say go for it.

shadow wolf

The one and only!
I say go for it.

Krake

Flabebe's Kids
She's aware of your feelings, but she only sees you as a friend. Don't blow the friendship.

She's never mentioned anything about liking me. She found out that I liked her a few months ago, but all she said was that she didn't want to date anyone at the time (which is kind of an ambiguous statement).

I really don't pay attention to the subtext, so I'll prolly go for it anyway.

Sha742

She's never mentioned anything about liking me. She found out that I liked her a few months ago, but all she said was that she didn't want to date anyone at the time (which is kind of an ambiguous statement).

I really don't pay attention to the subtext, so I'll prolly go for it anyway.
If she said that then she doesn't have feelings for you. Really, you'll be blowing it.

Krake

Flabebe's Kids
If she said that then she doesn't have feelings for you. Really, you'll be blowing it.

She had a boyfriend a few months prior, and I heard that they went out for a long time, so I assume that it has something to do with that.

I'm not necessarily ruling out what you are saying, but it isn't confirmed to be true yet, if at all. Even if it was true, I don't really see her all that often anyway.

Zawayix Of The Chosen

I has a wreath
My bisexual ex hooked up with one of her old friends who is also bisexual and I kinda got bumped out by my ex girlfriens girlfriend. I'm a guy and I didn't like her just for her looks but for her personality. I don't want her to have to choose between her girlfriend and me so can anyone out there tell me how I can get back in with my ex and still have her keep her girlfriend without having her cheating on her girlfriend?I could really use your help guys and gals because she is the love of my life and I do'n't want to lose her.

My bisexual ex hooked up with one of her old friends who is also bisexual and I kinda got bumped out by my ex girlfriens girlfriend. I'm a guy and I didn't like her just for her looks but for her personality. I don't want her to have to choose between her girlfriend and me so can anyone out there tell me how I can get back in with my ex and still have her keep her girlfriend without having her cheating on her girlfriend?I could really use your help guys and gals because she is the love of my life and I do'n't want to lose her.

Yeah the same happened for me really. Not that I actually read your story, but I assume it was about trying to attract a bisexual woman? Well this is easy really, all you have to do is infiltrate a high security Naval base, kill the Russian dude and stop the nukes from being launched, have sex with the hot scientist chick then leave the island in a jeep with jetpacks. Thats should help attract her

Profesco

gone gently
She had a boyfriend a few months prior, and I heard that they went out for a long time, so I assume that it has something to do with that.

I'm not necessarily ruling out what you are saying, but it isn't confirmed to be true yet, if at all. Even if it was true, I don't really see her all that often anyway.

If, as Sha says, she really doesn't have any feelings for you, then if you keep gently pushing for a date relationship, the worst that could happen is she gets uncomfortable and starts to avoid you to some extent. If, as you say, you don't see her that often, then alienating her as a friend might not be a huge loss. How close a friend is she now? Would you be more upset not having her as a friend at all than you would be not having her as a girlfriend? If not, then you've not much to lose by pursuing a first date thing. Still, you'd do well to not be too adamant about it, I think.

You want your ex to be with you and keep her girlfriend without cheating? That's like wanting to add a fourth side to a triangle and still call it a triangle; impossible by definition. Unless, I suppose, you kids arrange some sort of functioning menage-a-trois relationship...

I would start looking for another love of your life, to be honest. I recommend finding a girl who's more decisive about what she wants in a romantic partner.

Zazie

So 1991

Just because she's dating a girl doesn't mean it isn't a real relationship. Dating her while she is dating someone else would be a polygamous relationship, which most people aren't interested in. You probably won't have a chance with her unless she is single. I might also examine why she is no longer with you, depending on the reason, che might not be interested in you anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.