• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Advice thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

foxyman1167

From Zero To Hero
Um... I don't want to be pessimistic, but it sounds like she may just not like you like that. Saying they're not looking for a relationship is a common way girls get around turning guys down flat out. But like Pseudo-Unlegendary said, if she knows you like her and she ends up wanting to go out with you, she would probably make the first move.

Thats what I thought at first, but then she's always complaining about guys in general, I figured she was in a bad patch and just wants some alone time.

Don't worry, i'm a little like that too. some jerk comes up and says how many horrible things happen to him, it kinda ruins my day too. So don't feel like you're the only one out there.
Just sharing my thoughts :)

Glad to know I'm not the only one! :)

Don't worry; there are plenty of options when it comes to venting anger. And sometimes, the simplest answer of "count to ten in your head while taking deep breaths" just doesn't work. (Although you should try it if you haven't; it may help you out!) Keeping a journal of things that have gone on during the day is always a good way to vent anger. If you don't want to talk to anyone about something that's bothering you, a journal/diary is the next best thing.

If this anger seeps over into free time when you should be relaxing, doing homework, etc., then maybe schedule some time to just sit back and listen to music for a while. Have a snack, do yoga, just make sure that you're able to relax. And although it sounds cheesy, laughing can actually work wonders, so try to laugh off the rude comments or find some source of daily laughter: be it your friends, a daily comic strip, or a site on the Internet.

Thanks for the advice! I do keep a journal but I've been lazy lately and haven't been writing in it :p
But I did write in it a while ago, and it definitely did help. Said some rude things, overreacted, but oh well..I feel better!

Talk to your friends about it. They can probably relate. It always makes me feel better when I feel like someone is on my side.

I probably will soon, I guess I just don't want to bother them with a little problem like that when I know some of them are going through worse things :/
But thanks! :)

GaZsTiC

Alternating
Heh heh...

D'you know what page we're on? Heh heh...69...69.

Heh heh...

D'you know what page we're on? Heh heh...69...69.

I hate to be a kill joy and I know a lot of people might think that's funny and all, but this is an advice thread, and I'm pretty sure no one was asking for advice on how to simultaneously do oral.

Alright, we're going insane here, this is getting ridiculous.

We have four cats, and a dog. The only problem we have with our dog is that he's an idiot, but that's tolerable. We're having major problems with our cats. The one is over 16 years old, and she's lost her hearing. Since then, she's gained some odd traits like crawling into tiny, tight spaces (which she never did before), and refuses to come out. She'll also stare at the water dish for ages without doing anything, but I'm just attributing that to old age. Our second-oldest cat has a bulimia problem, where she'll push the other cats out of the way, eat the entire bowl of food, then about 10 minutes later, puke it up.
Our biggest problem, though, is with our third-oldest. Recently, he refuses to use the catbox, unless its spotless. If one of the other cats jumps in there after we clean it out, too bad, so sad, he'll go anywhere he feels like: the table, the window sill, in the cat bowl, the floor, the clean dishes...he's also recently begun to go to the bathroom on something DIRECTLY after we clean it, such as the floor, the bathtub, or the table.
Our kitten is fine - she's just fearless.

any advice on ANY of these? x-x We've changed the food we're giving them countless times, make sure the litterbox is clean (we clean it out 5 times a day, whether it needs it or not), make sure they have clean bowls for their food/water...but nothing's changed. We're getting to the point where its almost fruitless to clean anything because of these cats. They've ruined the couch and two desk chairs from throwing up/using it as a toilet, and we have no clue what to do anymore.

We've had cats around my entire life, so we're used to dealing with small problems...but nothing like this...

Pseudo-Unlegendary

I be an Exotic One
Seel up the crawl spaces, go to the doctor to see if it is medical or psychological and if it is psychological training for the second cat and the third one no matter what.

Shedinja705

An outcast...
Seel up the crawl spaces, go to the doctor to see if it is medical or psychological and if it is psychological training for the second cat and the third one no matter what.
I will agree with Pseudo-Unlegendary in saying that your cats really need to see a vetranarian. Also, it could be something in the water, or something other than the food they're eating that is making them act like this. So check with a vetranarian to examine your cats

Manafi's Dream

フェアリータイプタイム
Ok, the whole cat problem you've already answered: they're old! I went through the same thing with my old Schnauzer. She would always poop wherever she wanted, stumble on a little brick step, and could never hear us. She was just old though. Older animals tend to have odd problems, but they have no control over them. It's best to either put them to sleep or tolerate their issues as much as possible.

Alright, thanks guys...I'll see if I can scrounge up some money to take 'em to the vet, though I figured that would ultimately be what I would have to do.

The thing is, with the third oldest (who I said we're having the most problems with), we don't think he's that old. 6 or 7, tops. All of them (except the 16-year-old) were strays at one point, so we don't know their exact age, but mainly through estimation, based on how long we've had them and such.

But thanks, guys. I'm just really worried about them, that's all. :/ That and its slightly infuriating; I take a couple hours to get an area spic and span, come back 10 minutes later, and they've already ruined it. xD

Hakajin

Obsessive Shipper
Alright, thanks guys...I'll see if I can scrounge up some money to take 'em to the vet, though I figured that would ultimately be what I would have to do.

The thing is, with the third oldest (who I said we're having the most problems with), we don't think he's that old. 6 or 7, tops. All of them (except the 16-year-old) were strays at one point, so we don't know their exact age, but mainly through estimation, based on how long we've had them and such.

But thanks, guys. I'm just really worried about them, that's all. :/ That and its slightly infuriating; I take a couple hours to get an area spic and span, come back 10 minutes later, and they've already ruined it. xD

That's interesting. I have a cat that showed up at my house (though someone definitely owned her before then), and she has similar issues. Not so bad, though. She frequently poops right next to litter box, and she throws up a lot... My dad can't stand it. I should tell him about your cats; then maybe he'd feel better about it.

natie

Mr. F
The one is over 16 years old, and she's lost her hearing. Since then, she's gained some odd traits like crawling into tiny, tight spaces (which she never did before), and refuses to come out. She'll also stare at the water dish for ages without doing anything, but I'm just attributing that to old age.
It hasn't got to do with the old age, but it is a disease. Please, go to the vet as soon as possible, because if they can't cure the disease soon enough, your cat can and will pass away. It happened to one of my cats, she did the exact same thing as your cat did, but because she often did out of the ordinary stuff, we didn't really pay any attention. When the behaviour got gradually worse, we paid a visit to the vet, who at first found nothing, but then found that at the stage the disease was in, it was no longer able to be cured and had to give the cat a deadly injection (I think that's the correct term, but correct me if I'm wrong). Sad.

Our second-oldest cat has a bulimia problem, where she'll push the other cats out of the way, eat the entire bowl of food, then about 10 minutes later, puke it up.
One of mine does that, too. You need to give that one a different kind of cat food. She won't like it and will stop eating unless it is necessary. After a while, give her back the regular food and she will still be in the habit of not eating much. When/if the nomnomnompuking starts again, rinse and repeat.

She frequently poops right next to litter box
That means the cat has been abandoned by a previous owner, because it still knows what it has to do, but not exactly where.

Unpredictable-Strategist

Unorthodox Trainer

For the cat that eats all of the food, I had a similar problem with one of my 2 cats, less the throwing up. We basically keep a food bowl in the pantry and take the cat (or in your case cats) that don't get as much food into that room whenever it's hungry.

Hakajin

Obsessive Shipper
That means the cat has been abandoned by a previous owner, because it still knows what it has to do, but not exactly where.

Yeah, we knew she was abandoned by a previous owner, because she came to people (us) for food and was already fixed. But I think the problem with the litter box is that we have two other cats and she doesn't like it because it smells like them. Going in the sand box is supposed to be instinctual for cats since they want to bury their excrement, though it doesn't always work so easily... But anyway, she didn't always have this problem. And she still does it right sometimes, when the box is clean. The funny thing is, it's only number 2 that she won't go in the box. Otherwise, she uses it fine.

Eslocklier

I dont know. I have never had cats, but everyone I have known has had similar problems. At least with the bulemia and the refusal to drink. All when the cats got older.

Hakajin

Obsessive Shipper
My cat has the thing with staring at the water (and her food), too. She does drink/eat after a while, but she just sits there looking at it for a while. That cat is neurotic. But not drinking at all sounds like it could be rabies...

You know, there is a pets thread. I think it's mostly for people to describe their pets and talk about now cute they are, but, as fellow pet owners, they might have experience with this kind of thing.

Oh, by the way. I had a pet question a long time ago. It was about my cat losing his fur in patches. He's a red cat, and it turns out that red cats commonly have flea allergies that make them shed like that. A friend of my dad's knew about it. Sure enough, once we got him some better flea treatment, it cleared up. That might help someone, sometime, I guess.

Last edited:

Pseudo-Unlegendary

I be an Exotic One
Oh, by the way. I had a pet question a long time ago. It was about my cat losing his fur in patches. He's a red cat, and it turns out that red cats commonly have flea allergies that make them shed like that. A friend of my dad's knew about it. Sure enough, once we got him some better flea treatment, it cleared up. That might help someone, sometime, I guess.

You did the right thing there but it sucks when you have to hear that from the vet because it makes you feel cheap.

Corroded Arceus

Shiny Hunter
I have two questions, niether of them are "life" advice for once.

Question one: there is a dead crow around the corner from where I live, and it's been there about a week. I was thinking of doing a little taxidermy project to clean all the flesh off the skeleton and assemble it. My question is: what is a good agent to clean off all the flesh? I was thinking maybe ammonia or peroxide or something. I have access to both, and I'm a senior chemistry student so yes I do know how to use these chemicals properly. I'm a bit squeamish so I'd rather not have to skin it or clean it out by hand.

Question two: I got quite a bit of money for my birthday. I want to buy a new DS so I can trade and dual shiny hunt. My friend tells me to wait for the 3DS, which as you all know probably will be coming out early next year. He told me to wait because I was considering buying a DSi, but the battery doesn't last very long. I looked up the DSi XL, turns out it has better battery life than the 3DS. Keeping in mind that I'll spend all the money if I don't make up my mind soon, and also keeping in mind that I am aware that future pokemon games will be released on the 3DS, what should I do? Are DSi XLs a good purchase?

Last edited:

Hakajin

Obsessive Shipper
Um, I would leave the crow alone. Birds can carry diseases, and it's especially suspicious if it's dead. Also, they carry bugs. Dissolving the flesh sounds like it'd be nasty even with chemicals... Plus if it's been there a week, it's already rotting. Yeah, best to leave taxidermy to professional taxidermists.

As for the second matter, I'd wait for the 3DS. Seems a waste to buy a whole system just for that when you'll probably end up getting a 3DS anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.