• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Advice thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

The_Boss_Giygas

I. F.E.E.L. G.O.O.D.
All Muslims are dirty terrorists.

I might have somewhat stereotyped Muslims, but there's truth to what I said.

Sure...

There are extreme Muslims out there who do practice terrorism there's no denying that, you didn't overly lie.

You guys are actually making it worse for me. All I want is which side is truly correct about the world and I want to know everything whether or not God and/or Evolution exist. If I can't find out about these answers, then I'll be considered myself a waste of sperm and be miserable for the rest of my life.
There is no way of knowing which side is 100% correct trying to find out is a losing battle and virtually a waste of time. You can't know everything about the world, evolution, or God it's impossible. Why would you consider yourself a waste of sperm, what ever you believe, if you do great things for society, the planet, or even just your family you still did something productive in this life thus you aren't such a waste of sperm nor are you a useless organism doing nothing for nobody.

Last edited:
You guys are actually making it worse for me. All I want is which side is truly correct about the world and I want to know everything whether or not God and/or Evolution exist. If I can't find out about these answers, then I'll be considered myself a waste of sperm and be miserable for the rest of my life.

There's no God.
Easy as that.

evolutionrex

The Awesome Atheist

Well, that's impossible to answer the question of God. It's up to you to decide.

Evolution, can be easily answered; it exist. there is too much proof out there to say it doesn't. But it all comes down to what you believe, and what you think is right.

(not trying to start a debate, just stating my opinions and advice.)

Dattebayo

Banned
There is no way of knowing which side is 100% correct trying to find out is a losing battle and virtually a waste of time. You can't know everything about the world, evolution, or God it's impossible. Why would you consider yourself a waste of sperm, what ever you believe, if you do great things for society, the planet, or even just your family you still did something productive in this life thus you aren't such a waste of sperm nor are you a useless organism doing nothing for nobody.

Ever heard of dreams coming true? That's one of them, and I don't care if I have a perfect life, I just want to know everything.

There's no God.
Easy as that.

That's not helping, that's converting.

evolutionrex

The Awesome Atheist
Ever heard of dreams coming true? That's one of them, and I don't care if I have a perfect life, I just want to know everything.

But it's impossible. No one on this website holds the proof or disproof of God. If you really want to find out, go become the worlds best scientist or mathematician and do your fancy equations, and there may hold the secret. Right now, your asking the impossible. Figure out by yourself, do research. We can't answer the impossible for you.

The_Boss_Giygas

I. F.E.E.L. G.O.O.D.

Not all dreams can come true and this is one that simply won't come true, knowing the main point of life is though and virtually opinion based, knowing all the details to existence is impossible so if you want to keep at this it's not gonna work. I guess you can research the hell out of everything you get your hands on, but I promise you, you're not gonna know everything, of course knowledge is good and knowing as much as possible is a good thing I would encourage to learn about as many different things as you can, who knows you may find out something satisfying, but don't get depressed because you can't know it all and don't put yourself down because you're "incapable" of knowing it all.

Dattebayo

Banned
Not all dreams can come true and this is one that simply won't come true, knowing the main point of life is though and virtually opinion based, knowing all the details to existence is impossible so if you want to keep at this it's not gonna work. I guess you can research the hell out of everything you get your hands on, but I promise you, you're not gonna know everything, of course knowledge is good and knowing as much as possible is a good thing I would encourage to learn about as many different things as you can, who knows you may find out something satisfying, but don't get depressed because you can't know it all and don't put yourself down because you're "incapable" of knowing it all.

Then I can't enjoy life, and I will be forever miserable with my unanswered questions, including the pointless ones regarding video games.

The_Boss_Giygas

I. F.E.E.L. G.O.O.D.
Then I can't enjoy life, and I will be forever miserable with my unanswered questions, including the pointless ones regarding video games.

Yes you can enjoy life, pleasure comes in many forms knowledge is one, but not the only one. Seriously slap yourself out of this mentality about not being able to live happy because you're unsure of stuff. If you cannot well then there's nothing more I can do, changing your personality and mentality in the end is up to you, but think about it, don't just pull out a decision without thinking why & how it will work.

Darato

(o,..,o)
Dattebayo ask yourself this

Either the world started getting here with evolution over many many many years, or someone just came about and brought us here within seven days.

But where did he come from? Did someone bring him about? and if so who brought that person to be about? Were they just made by someone or did they come from something over time.

Or maybe that is all wrong and we are just some TV show on a far away distant planet.

You and you alone can decided what is true for you. You need to look at what issues you support on both sides and draw from that and see what feels more right to you. You might still wonder from time to time once you find out what is real, but you aren't the only one that does that

L.F.D.

GhostAnime

Searching for her...
I have a feeling that the only reason it bothers you is because you fear God.

Josiah

is your favorite
Or death.

Dattebayo, there's nothing wrong with being a nonconformist on this. It isn't an entirely black and white issue, either-agnostisism is just as valid as religion or atheism. We really are all agnostics to the extent that we can never know either way.
But you also need to recognize that the Christian Bible isn't the only thing out there. If you don't believe the earth was made in seven days, don't. You can't force yourself to accept something.
And as far as that Family Guy episode-there was absolutely no argument. Brian basically said God doesn't exist because we have science. That's a totally false dichotomy. So I don't know why you're so worked up over this in the first place.

Maybe we need a subject change.
Does anyone here know how (or where on the internet) I can get better at dancing without going to actual dance parties? I only really go to school dances and feel like an idiot when everyone around me is having actual fun and I'm mostly standing around. Or could it be possible that I will just never enjoy dancing?

Profesco

gone gently
Does anyone here know how (or where on the internet) I can get better at dancing without going to actual dance parties? I only really go to school dances and feel like an idiot when everyone around me is having actual fun and I'm mostly standing around. Or could it be possible that I will just never enjoy dancing?

The various dance games on the market might be a fine place to start. You've seen the commercials for this new Kinect for XBox, right? You could learn some cool moves from there.

If they have games that teach ballroom dancing, they don't advertise them well.

Aquadon

TCG Trainer

I got 2 suggestions (Profesco's kind of works, but sometimes those games don't really portray dancing like it is) :

A) Take a dance class. I know it initially sounds silly, but it will teach you how to dance, and given that all odds say you're going to be one of the few guys in the class (Don't shoot me! I'm assuming you're a guy), you've given yourself a situation with a hella awesome ratio. Who knows, maybe some of those girls will be willing to show you a few pointers ;)

B) Learn the way to dance the way I learned how to dance: Wing it. Another crazy idea, but I just start dancing foolishly, and somehow it comes across as legitimate dancing and everyone loves it. It takes a bit to get into the beat, but once you do it's all a breeze (and the ladies love it. Don't ask me why).

The_Boss_Giygas

I. F.E.E.L. G.O.O.D.
Watch "how to dance" videos on youtube, depending on what kind of dancing you'll still find it. Or watch Michael Jackson Video's no one dances better.

Hakajin

Obsessive Shipper

Well, I suppose I could lay out exactly what I believe and the logic behind it for you in PM form... I don't want to tell anyone what to believe, but... it doesn't hurt to get ideas, I guess. Plus I know how horrible it can feel to be in that situation. It was absolutely crippling for me.

evolutionrex

The Awesome Atheist
I need a little bit of advice:

Well, my greatest hobby in life is writing. I've always wanted to write a book too. I've tried before and I'm a good writer, but the problem is that i can never stick with on idea to long. I get writers block and i don't know how to get rid of it. It's not just with writing either, if i try to make a website I'm good making them but i just give up on it becuase i find i better idea for another website. My whole life is that way, and it's pretty annoying. I can't stick to anything for longer than a month or two.

Anyone know how i can fix this problem?

The_Boss_Giygas

I. F.E.E.L. G.O.O.D.
For writers block, you need to do story summary, before you start writing your actual piece, summarize the entire plot beginning to end without details, just main points. You'll have an easier time when it comes time to putting in the details & writing the actual story. As far as keeping interest, that's something you need to work on your own, stop being indecisive about things and finish things as quickly as possible, the longer you lag or procrastinate the more bored you will become with it and soon you'll throw it away all together.
Also you can't suddenly trash one idea because a better one came out, finish the old idea then work on your new one and compare, unless your old idea is truly going nowhere.

I need a little bit of advice:

Well, my greatest hobby in life is writing. I've always wanted to write a book too. I've tried before and I'm a good writer, but the problem is that i can never stick with on idea to long. I get writers block and i don't know how to get rid of it. It's not just with writing either, if i try to make a website I'm good making them but i just give up on it becuase i find i better idea for another website. My whole life is that way, and it's pretty annoying. I can't stick to anything for longer than a month or two.

Anyone know how i can fix this problem?

Finish in a month or two.

Skydra

For writers block, you need to do story summary, before you start writing your actual piece, summarize the entire plot beginning to end without details, just main points. You'll have an easier time when it comes time to putting in the details & writing the actual story. As far as keeping interest, that's something you need to work on your own, stop being indecisive about things and finish things as quickly as possible, the longer you lag or procrastinate the more bored you will become with it and soon you'll throw it away all together.
Also you can't suddenly trash one idea because a better one came out, finish the old idea then work on your new one and compare, unless your old idea is truly going nowhere.

I find that I write best without a summary, so I wouldn't necessarily recommend it.
And if you really want to write something good, are you going to keep going with a bad idea when you got a new, better one?

So, evolutionrex, sometimes writers block stems from too much writing. If you take it slow, you can put it all together without losing your ability to come up with what to write. Or you can put aside your project for a few days and find inspiration, then get back to your story. But don't wait too long to write more or you'll find yourself getting bored with it.

I'd recommend talking to other writers in Author's Cafe.

The_Boss_Giygas

I. F.E.E.L. G.O.O.D.
I find that I write best without a summary, so I wouldn't necessarily recommend it.
And if you really want to write something good, are you going to keep going with a bad idea when you got a new, better one?.

Thinking ahead of time often proves to give you an easier time in most anything which is why summary before the real deal works for me.

And how would you know it's a "bad" idea if you suddenly change it, next thing you know you're new "good" idea will too be a bad idea and you'll change yet again and the pattern repeats meaning nothing will rarely get done, best finish something all the way trough or at least by studying your summary you'll be able to notice if the plot makes sense, what scenes add to it which don't, how the characters will most likely interact, and so on then you'll be able determine if it looks good or not before actually wasting hours writing it then finding out it sucks or makes no sense.

Status
Not open for further replies.