• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Advice thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aquadon

TCG Trainer
um...let's see...
bugging us bout it?

Well in that case, if it's your friends bugging you about it, get used to it. I have been giving my best friend/roommate crap about him starting to go out with his girlfriend since they started going out (mainly because when I want to go to sleep I have to wait another 45 minutes for the creaking upstairs to stop). I didn't give my other friend crap, but that's because his girlfriend had a way of making me feel uncomfortable whenever I hung out with the both of them (come to think of it now, she really treated my like a little child). Friends will always give the friends who are in a relationship crap, mainly because they A) are semi-****** that the girlfriend is taking time away from "bro-time", and B) the bros with gf's are constantly getting laid while the ones who aren't, well aren't. If random people are giving you crap for it though, well shouldn't they start to mind their own business?

Now, for my need of advice (it could be under questions, but here it is in Advice) : I assume most of you are in your middle to late teens, right? Well, my friend and I were thinking of possible ideas for parties next semester, and she and I came to the conclusion that we need a 90's party. No only does this give me an excuse to rock out with my Pikachu/Bulbasaur/Charmander/Squirtle T-shirt (as Pokemon's prime was in the 90's), but given that most of us were born in 89/90/91 it's going to be a huge wave of nostalgia. Now here's when the *stuff* hits the fan: Despite being a 90's child, I spent my childhood listening to 50's and 60's music (call me old-fashioned, call me what you will). That being said, for all the 90's kids out there: what are some kickass songs to put onto a 90's Party Playlist? I'm hoping that this playlist can range anywhere from 4-5 hours, given that most parties here last that long (10-2? Sounds good to me). Fortunately, I got 10 years worth of music to work with, so 4-5 hours shouldn't be too bad.

Zenotwapal

have a drink on me
Well in that case, if it's your friends bugging you about it, get used to it. I have been giving my best friend/roommate crap about him starting to go out with his girlfriend since they started going out (mainly because when I want to go to sleep I have to wait another 45 minutes for the creaking upstairs to stop). I didn't give my other friend crap, but that's because his girlfriend had a way of making me feel uncomfortable whenever I hung out with the both of them (come to think of it now, she really treated my like a little child). Friends will always give the friends who are in a relationship crap, mainly because they A) are semi-****** that the girlfriend is taking time away from "bro-time", and B) the bros with gf's are constantly getting laid while the ones who aren't, well aren't. If random people are giving you crap for it though, well shouldn't they start to mind their own business?

Now, for my need of advice (it could be under questions, but here it is in Advice) : I assume most of you are in your middle to late teens, right? Well, my friend and I were thinking of possible ideas for parties next semester, and she and I came to the conclusion that we need a 90's party. No only does this give me an excuse to rock out with my Pikachu/Bulbasaur/Charmander/Squirtle T-shirt (as Pokemon's prime was in the 90's), but given that most of us were born in 89/90/91 it's going to be a huge wave of nostalgia. Now here's when the *stuff* hits the fan: Despite being a 90's child, I spent my childhood listening to 50's and 60's music (call me old-fashioned, call me what you will). That being said, for all the 90's kids out there: what are some kickass songs to put onto a 90's Party Playlist? I'm hoping that this playlist can range anywhere from 4-5 hours, given that most parties here last that long (10-2? Sounds good to me). Fortunately, I got 10 years worth of music to work with, so 4-5 hours shouldn't be too bad.

Anything MCHammer, ZZTop.
Janet Jackson, Beastie Boys, Pearl Jam.

Notable ones... (though ZZTop isn't 90's technically, it's close enough)

pirate555

Word.
what are some kickass songs to put onto a 90's Party Playlist? I'm hoping that this playlist can range anywhere from 4-5 hours, given that most parties here last that long (10-2? Sounds good to me). Fortunately, I got 10 years worth of music to work with, so 4-5 hours shouldn't be too bad.

Blur, Oasis, The Offspring, Alien Ant Farm, Hanson, 90s Red Hot Chili Peppers, Faithless, Eiffel 95, Marilyn Manson, Linkin Park.... that's a few, and they're pretty mixed and random; but they're all 'lively' at least.

~Pirate

Zazie

So 1991
Blur, Oasis, The Offspring, Alien Ant Farm, Hanson, 90s Red Hot Chili Peppers, Faithless, Eiffel 95, Marilyn Manson, Linkin Park.... that's a few, and they're pretty mixed and random; but they're all 'lively' at least.

~Pirate

I don't thiunk Linkin Park or Alien Ant Farm are associated with the 90's.

try this it's VH1 list, not gaurenteed to be good music but well known nonetheless:
http://hubpages.com/hub/Top-100-Songs-of-the-90s

Yanmegamaster

CreateDragon-BugType

Well all I could think of would be the kings of the late 90's, N-sync, Backstreet boys, Madonna, maybe even Eminem

some songs could be

Ricky Martin's "Livin" la vida loca
Nirvana's Smells like Teen Spirit
Vanilla ice's Ice Ice Baby
Goo Goo Dolls's Iris

and thats all I can think of right now.

kochoupink

butts lol
Don't forget Spice Girls' "Wannabe" and Aaron Carter's "Aaron's Party," and "I want it That Way" by either N'Sync or the Backstreet Boys. Are they ridiculous? Yes. But they will have everyone in the house singing like crazy.

Aquadon

TCG Trainer
Wow, I think this might be the most response I've ever gotten from asking a question here on these Forums in the 4/5 years I've been here. Thanks everyone!

Pansy :]

anustart
so, yesterday i was babysitting my little brother (5 years old) for some extra cash, when he started throwing a tantrum because i told him to come on a hike instead of watching tv all day. while he broke my brand new dsi i got for christmas... i'm short on money after the holidays, and i need some advice, should i expect my parents to get me a new one since it broke on the job, or spend the next few months saving up on my $5 a week allowence?

so, yesterday i was babysitting my little brother (5 years old) for some extra cash, when he started throwing a tantrum because i told him to come on a hike instead of watching tv all day. while he broke my brand new dsi i got for christmas... i'm short on money after the holidays, and i need some advice, should i expect my parents to get me a new one since it broke on the job, or spend the next few months saving up on my $5 a week allowence?

With that dream babysitting job you'll have the money in no time. ;)

Honestly, though, I would have to know your parents. I think that they, as employers, have no obligation to get you a new one, but come on. They're your parents. If they aren't willing to buy the whole thing maybe you could get them to match the amount of money you have so you'd only end up paying half.

I feel like I didn't answer the question. ._.

Noctourniquet

∆∆∆
hould i expect my parents to get me a new one since it broke on the job, or spend the next few months saving up on my $5 a week allowence?

Really, you can expect what you'd like to expect and it may not be the outcome. What I'd suggest is simply telling them what happened, and see how they respond. What happens really depends on the parents, and I don't think either outcome can be 'expected' over the other so you shouldn't feel angry at them if they tell you to get another one yourself.

D

Deleted member 133172

Ouch, bad luck there.

Well, first and foremost I would check if it has a warranty, and even if it doesn't see if you can get an exchange from the store you bought it from. Try to see if your parents kept the receite too.

If they won't exchange it I would at least wait a little while to see if your parents offer, if not mabye bring it up, if they disagree try to make a deal, for example you could do extra housework, or you could agree to pay for half of it.

if still no luck, try to get extra money through jobs around the house, that's what I do when I'm in need of some cash.

Do they know that it's broken yet?

Skiks

MUCH RESPECT
Just some advice. Save your broken DSi and tell your parents first. Second call up nintendo and see what they can do about your situation. Usually they can fix it for much cheaper then simply buying a new one.

Metagross Guy

ᴸ м f ᴬ σ.
I want to start a thread for some advice, but I don't know how to find a thread you created. Help me out here.

If you want to put advice to help out someone post here

If you have a problem and need advice post here, dont create a new thread.

Pristarin

Banned
You are responding to a spambot dear. If you see a user with barely any posts, and when they do post what they have to say is very generic or nonsensical and they have a link in their signature for some unwanted product, chances are it's a spambot.

~Word of advice. ;)

Anyone have any advice on how to deal with somebody in the late stages of Alzheimer's? I'm going to see my great grandfather for the first time in a long time and don't really know what to expect. If he doesn't remember me, do I try to refresh his memory or just play along?

Peter Quill

star-lord
Anyone have any advice on how to deal with somebody in the late stages of Alzheimer's? I'm going to see my great grandfather for the first time in a long time and don't really know what to expect. If he doesn't remember me, do I try to refresh his memory or just play along?

Hmmm, I have never dealt with something like this, so bear with me. The only thing I can really tell you to do is to have a good time, and to try and make him have a good time too. Just take things nice and easy, it makes sense if you are nervous beforehand. Dont rush into it, take a few deep breaths, and if he doesnt remember, try and explain it calmly. If he does, than it is all the better.

Waterpokes

Anybody here know something a guy like me, can do for his science project? So everybody needs to make a science project. Like seeing fruit turn bad and old after days, plants growing under different situasions etc. My teacher said that picking something as easy as this, wouldn't give me a good grade. And to me, grades are important, especially this year since it's my very last year before moving up.

So anybody got any suggestions? I'd take anything as this point, and the faster I'd be done, the better. Three months before exam and all that stuff, so I'm getting a little worried. So anything?

Aquanova

Just be patient with them and try not to get too upset. He wont remember who you are, so explain gently He might think you are another family member.

Make a volcano go boom. Well, not really, but it's the same sentiment. But try this:

How about how to make a rocket out of cooking foods if so here you go. Film canisters (Fuji film brand; many photo labs will give empty canisters away for free)
• Baking soda (sodium bicarbonate)
• Vinegar (acetic acid)

Note: Do this project outside. The baking soda and vinegar reaction makes a mess! Plus your rocket is going to fly high! As soon as you put the lid on the film canister, move out of the way—it can blow fast!

Instructions
1. Take the top off the film canister and pack the lid tightly with baking soda.
2. Pour about two teaspoons of vinegar into the film canister.
3. Gently put the lid on the film canister and snap closed.
4. Turn the canister upside-down, put it on the ground, and stand back.
5. After a few seconds, the canister will shoot up into the air. If your rocket always fizzles, try a film canister with a tighter-fitting lid.

What’s Happening
You are creating a chemical reaction between the baking soda (NaHCO3) and the vinegar (CH3COOH). The vinegar reacts with the baking soda, producing carbon dioxide gas (CO2). Pressure builds up until the small canister can no longer contain the gas. The lid pops off, the canister shoots up into the air, the gas escapes, and the pressure is released.

Just googled simple, quick science projects and this was the first that came up. I'm sure other people could come up with better ones.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.