• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Advice thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

intergalactic platypus

Only rescues maidens
You want your ex to be with you and keep her girlfriend without cheating? That's like wanting to add a fourth side to a triangle and still call it a triangle; impossible by definition. Unless, I suppose, you kids arrange some sort of functioning menage-a-trois relationship...

I would start looking for another love of your life, to be honest. I recommend finding a girl who's more decisive about what she wants in a romantic partner.
It's called polyamory and some people are into it. I'm not one of them, but I have a friend who is. You could also see if she's in an open relationship

Krake

Flabebe's Kids
If, as Sha says, she really doesn't have any feelings for you, then if you keep gently pushing for a date relationship, the worst that could happen is she gets uncomfortable and starts to avoid you to some extent. If, as you say, you don't see her that often, then alienating her as a friend might not be a huge loss. How close a friend is she now? Would you be more upset not having her as a friend at all than you would be not having her as a girlfriend? If not, then you've not much to lose by pursuing a first date thing. Still, you'd do well to not be too adamant about it, I think.

We weren't really the best of friends, but we got along.

I ended up not talking to her during Prom. I figured that if she isn't putting the effort into our friendship/relationship, then why the hell should I.

I really need help people... okay so:
I like my best friend, much more than I should like just a friend. See, I'm a lesbian which just makes it 100% no chance (she is straight, believe me I have made sure).
I've pretty much been in love with her for over two years. I seriously cannot stand it anymore. And I watch her give her love to her boyfriend - I wear a smile on my face but I am tearing apart inside. I have tried and tried and tried and tried and tried to let her go but I just CAN'T!!
She's knows I'm gay but I have never told her that I have feelings for her. And I never will, even though it kills me. I just don't want to lose our friendship at any cost.

I need to let her go.
But I can't do it, it's just too hard.

I would do anything for her, even though I know she won't ever return the love I have for her.
This has gone on for so long. Hiding my feelings, not telling anyone. I can't take it anymore. It's driving me insane.
She doesn't think I know what love feels like, but every time that comes up, I just want to scream that I do; I love her.

How can I let her go and move on with my life..

well you're always right and im always wrong so disregard this statement

Zazie

So 1991
I like my best friend, much more than I should like just a friend. See, I'm a lesbian which just makes it 100% no chance (she is straight, believe me I have made sure).
I've pretty much been in love with her for over two years. I seriously cannot stand it anymore. And I watch her give her love to her boyfriend - I wear a smile on my face but I am tearing apart inside. I have tried and tried and tried and tried and tried to let her go but I just CAN'T!!
She's knows I'm gay but I have never told her that I have feelings for her. And I never will, even though it kills me. I just don't want to lose our friendship at any cost.

I need to let her go.

I would do anything for her, even though I know she won't ever return the love I have for her.
This has gone on for so long. Hiding my feelings, not telling anyone. I can't take it anymore. It's driving me insane.
She doesn't think I know what love feels like, but every time that comes up, I just want to scream that I do; I love her.

You should probably just tell her, it will make you feel better. Explain that you understand she isn't interested and that you still want to be friends and it shouldn't be too awkward. (I think anyway, I've never fell in love witha friend of the same gender, though it sounds like she is tolerant enough to be ubderstanding.)

intergalactic platypus

Only rescues maidens

I need to let her go.

I've actually dealt with this before. One of my good friends in high school was in love with his male best friend, who was most definitely straight. Everyone knew, but nothing got better until both parties involved sat down (with me as a mediator) and talked about it. After that, the air was cleared and everyone could start moving forward. You might even need to keep some distance for a while. Eventually it might help. Just remember you can't make someone love you through wishful thinking alone

Chaos Werewolf

Fairy trainer
If there is a quick help thread in writer's cafe I can't find it sorry. Well I would be posting there if I could find it but here is what I need help with

Well I hope somone can help. I'm writhing a fanatic about the next generation of sailor scouts. However I need one more and I can't think of a name. Oh I'm Using Sarina jr./Chubursa/Reni/ and Hotaru Tomoe/ Sailor Saturn. here is the other two members are Sailor Europa and Sailor Loki. I don't want to use Charon can anyone help me decide on the other name?

ElectiCrow

Do The Tevez!
Ok well i've got a great GF, shes fantastic funny etc. but for whatever reason i can't bring myself to even hold her hand. (we have hugged but it's more like friends :S) Any remedies?

Zazie

So 1991
Ok well i've got a great GF, shes fantastic funny etc. but for whatever reason i can't bring myself to even hold her hand. (we have hugged but it's more like friends :S) Any remedies?

Don't be a wimp. Seriously, it helps to just do it, if she is your girlfriend nothing bad will happen. Quite honestly it's no worse than hugging, which you've already done. If you don't make a big deal about it it won't be all that uncomfortable.

Do you perhaps suffer from the sweaty hands? @_@
Well hugging is different from holding hands. I hug all my friends, or even random people. Holding hands isn't something you do with a random friend. So I guess it could be awkward, especially if she's your first girlfriend.

but how long have you been going out? Cause I remember my first boyfriend, one of the first days we went out together, we held hands. And I didn't find it too weird.

I'd say, just slowly grab a hold of her hand when you feel most comfortable. And once you do it, you most likely will be able to do it whenever you go out with her.

Electric

I need a friend

Long story short: I'm lonely but there's this person who I would consider my friend and we know each other and talk. How do I start a friendship with this person? I know I'm not giving you enough info, but just in general how would I do this? I wanted to ask him if he wanted to do something with me because I never have anything to do on the weekends. Please help me. Infact I get to see him tonight, but the only problem is that his friends would of course be with him and I don't know if that's good or bad, but I do know his friends and I talk to them as much as him.

kochoupink

butts lol
Long story short: I'm lonely but there's this person who I would consider my friend and we know each other and talk. How do I start a friendship with this person? I know I'm not giving you enough info, but just in general how would I do this? I wanted to ask him if he wanted to do something with me because I never have anything to do on the weekends. Please help me. Infact I get to see him tonight, but the only problem is that his friends would of course be with him and I don't know if that's good or bad, but I do know his friends and I talk to them as much as him.

This is maybe the cutest thing I've ever read here. If you and he get along well, then you already are friends, and if he's invited you to hang out with him and his friends, that means they're your friends, too. Probably they already consider you their friend. The best thing you can do is not worry about it too much, because if you're nervous about it, that's going to make him uncomfortable.

Maybe if there's a movie you two both want to see, or a video game you both like to play, start a conversation about it and then say, "we should go see/play it." Good luck! :)

Electric

I need to get a job but...

So I'm a teenager looking for a part time job, but the problem is my email address. It doesn't look very professional (runnercrest) and I want something that I can work with. I don't care how dumb or weird it is, but as long as it will be appreciated by employers, then I will be satisfied ;129;

Aquadon

TCG Trainer
So I'm a teenager looking for a part time job, but the problem is my email address. It doesn't look very professional (runnercrest) and I want something that I can work with. I don't care how dumb or weird it is, but as long as it will be appreciated by employers, then I will be satisfied ;129;

Trust me, it could be a lot worse. A simple email though like your name (and possibly a number depending on the availability of it) works very well professionally. Actually, I've never used an e-mail that hasn't been my name; it's highly professional.

Usually I just use my first initial and my last name @hotmail or @yahoo.

Like if your name is Chuck Norris it would be like.

CNorris@hotmail.com

Noctourniquet

∆∆∆
^ How do you mean, "abuses"?

Anyway, you should try to either correct those mistakes, justify them, or if the situation is not salvageable, then let it go. There's really very little else you can do.

Ammako

There's this girl in school that I like, but I can't find a way to go and talk to her.
I never spoken to her, not even a word.
I just happened to see her in the hallway at school and felt she was kind of different.
I would want to get and know her more, but the problem is that since I never spoken to her, I don't know if she already has a boyfriend of if she is even straight.

I know a moment where she is alone with no friends around here, right at the end of the day.
There's this hallway I noticed she always go through to reach her bus and none of her friends are there at that time.

I figured out I could try and talk to her here at that time, but I don't know what would I say?
I wouldn't want to just look stupid there...

Status
Not open for further replies.