• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Advice thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
@Pingouin -- Compliments are always a convenient conversation starter. Tell her you like her shirt or something. Even if it's the ugliest shirt you've ever seen, it'll at least get you guys talking.

Ammako

Ah, dammit.
I went to my friend's locker, then when we left I took a different path just so I could be waiting in the hallway without anyone else there to bother me.
I waited at that spot where she usually passes be at the end of the day, like I said.
But she was with one of her friends there so I ended up not saying anything.
I don't wanna wait forever...

I planned on walking up and asking her if I could talk to her for a moment, then just ask her if she wanted to go for walk near the school on another day so we could talk.
Would that work?

Last edited:

Zenotwapal

have a drink on me
Ah, dammit.
I went to my friend's locker, then when we left I took a different path just so I could be waiting in the hallway without anyone else there to bother me.
I waited at that spot where she usually passes be at the end of the day, like I said.
But she was with one of her friends there so I ended up not saying anything.
I don't wanna wait forever...

I planned on walking up and asking her if I could talk to her for a moment, then just ask her if she wanted to go for walk near the school on another day so we could talk.
Would that work?

Talk to her with her friends.
Talk to her in class.
You can't just talk o her when she's alone, its just to akward.
You need to apporach her when she's with her friends, or with your other friends.

Hope my clueless a** helped

Ammako

Yeah but she's not in any of my classes.
It wouldn't be possible anyway, since I think we're not in the same grade.
I think she's one year less than me, but I'm not sure.

pokemonmaster3.0

Stop laughing...
My parents want me to get braces soon, but I know I'll never survive a day having them on. What alternative is there, noting I have overcrowded teeth?

kochoupink

butts lol
My parents want me to get braces soon, but I know I'll never survive a day having them on. What alternative is there, noting I have overcrowded teeth?

Why would you never survive with braces? They don't hurt after the first few hours of putting them on. And if you're worried about getting teased, that's stupid. Having braces is normal.

9dragonbreed

Arukate Énigme

Agree with above user

Plus, if you don't want to go off on ppl who tease you try only to talk around your frineds. If they are really your frineds they should know how you feel and would stand up for you. I know when i had a friend with braces some jerk made fun of him and i jumped up and said "at least he'll have straight teeth unlike you, you buck-toothed beaver look-a-like." after that know one made fun of my friend. and for the rest of the school year the jerk was known as the buck-toothed beaver look-a-like.

Tadashi

kiss my greens

Sorry kid, but unless you want major reconstructive facial surgery, you're going to have to settle for braces.

Having braces is extremely normal, and if people want to poke fun, so what. If they do, then they're not worth having around. I got them in 12th grade and nobody laughed at me. Then again, you're younger than me... kids can be fickle, but I guess you just have to man up.

I had braces in junior high, it's not as bad as some people make it sound. Sometimes my mouth was sore after I had to get them tightened, but it's worth it in the end.
If you're worried about the whole appearance thing, you could get invislines or something like that.

Nobody will make fun of you for having braces. In fact, I'd make fun of them for not trying to get perfect teeth. I'll warn you now, it's a bit painful at first, especially when they apply them. Your gums will be sore and might be a bit cut up at first, but they give you a special "wax" to apply on the sharp edges, so you don't get too cut up. Trust me, it's worth it.

BlazeShadow

The only painful part about braces are putting them on and taking them off... If they should hurt (in some rare occasions) you can just take a pain killer. I've had them, it's totally worth it.

My uncle was going to have braces when he was a kid but he refused, and today his teeth are made of phail. It's MUCH easier to fix your teeth when you're a kid, and it's free as well (at least in Sweden, I dunno where you live) whilst it's expensive and hell when you're adult.

If anyone tells you that braces hurt, they're either lying or they must be the biggest babies in the world. :c
They are a bit sore when you first get them, especially when you bite down or eat. And when you get them tightened, they can be a pain. But pain that causes severe anxiety? Over braces? No.

I recommend getting braces as early as you can if you need them. I've seen adults wearing braces, and kids and teens tend to make fun of the adult wearing the braces, rather than someone their age wearing them. So if you wait, yeah it might be a bit more awkward to have braces when you're grown.

I had braces in middle school, and I'm so glad I did. My teeth were on top of each other and gfhjgfdhjdfhjgd. they looked horrible, and they're like pretty much perfect now, for wearing braces for a little over a year.

Last edited:

pokemonmaster3.0

Stop laughing...
Why would you never survive with braces? They don't hurt after the first few hours of putting them on. And if you're worried about getting teased, that's stupid. Having braces is normal.

I meant that I couldn't stand having metal bars on my teeth for 2 years. I just know I wouldn't look good in them.

Anyway, I've read there are alternatives, like Invisalign or something, I just want to know the best.

Aquadon

TCG Trainer
I meant that I couldn't stand having metal bars on my teeth for 2 years. I just know I wouldn't look good in them.

Anyway, I've read there are alternatives, like Invisalign or something, I just want to know the best.

To be honest, Braces ARE the best option. Admittedly it's weird for the first week, but then you get used to it. You may not look good in them now, but 2-3 years of looking bad in your teens is a small price to pay for looking awesome as an Adult (usually when it matters).

I'm sorry to say; braces are the way.

BlazeShadow

First of all, if you keep them clean one year should suffice.

The best alternative IS braces. Having braces doesn't make one look bad at all. Over here it's quite common in fact. Three people in my class (including me) has had it, when they did the other persons thought it was cool and congratulated one when the treatment was done.

What do you choose, look different (in your mouth) for a year or look bad the rest of your life?

Mr. Joker

keep calm & carry on

go with braces, i had them for two years, they weren't bad at all, no hurt or anything.

go with the braces definitely, most of the wannabe braces don't work anyway |:

-SI-

I'm baaaaaack
I have an off-brand of invisalign, called red, white and blue.
They've done wonders for me. Relatively painless after the first week of each new set (I went two phases, red white blue red white blue, because it didn't work the first time enough).
Plus, now they're my retainers. No wire retainers, just what I'm used to. Plastic.
They're invisible, too. herp derp

Zero Nexus

Stand up, go for it
Remember me asking about my friend Siobhan a bit ago, because i found out she's related to a pair of guys who picked on me in school? Well, i spoke to her about it, and like i thought she would, she took it the wrong way. She wrote me a massive message on Facebook saying stuff like "they're my family and i'm upset about yuo calling them"

I spoke to her about it a couple of days later, and she accepted my apology, she knew it all came out wrong, and she just said she'd had a lot going on lately and it was just that talking. We've been fine since, but this week something else happened;

I was speaking to her on wednesday night, and all of a sudden, she just stopped replying on chat, but it said she was still online. I was like "what the hell?" I had no idea when she was gonna reply, or even IF she was gonna do it at all.

I thought she probably just had to go and help her parents with something, so i thought nothing of it. I spoke to her on chat again on friday, and she did it AGAIN - one minute it's a normal conversation, next she's just online, but not replying. I was getting a bit annoyed.

So on saturday morning, she was on then i so i thought i should say something (which was convenient, because she's hardly ever on in the mornings). I asked what happened, and she said she was just not properly online. I said okay then, i was just wondering because she did the same thing on wednesday, and she said she WAS busy then because she had stuff to do. So i change the subject and we spoke about other stuff, and you know what? She did it AGAIN! Despite the fact i started off the conversation asking what happened. That was the absolute last straw.

It's not like i expected her to be glued to Facebook and forget about everything else, but can you understand why i was getting so p*ssed off about it? It might be just me, but if someone's speaking to me on chat, i check the screen for any new messages all the time. Even if i'm doing other stuff, i keep the screen up and glance at it every now and then if someone's speaking to me.

So, when she was on later, i thought i would ask her politely if she would say something next time so i wasn't waiting around like a ****.

And you know what she said? She said "No Liam i have a life and i don't appreciate you or any other guy for that matter telling me what to do."

And i realise that once again i've said the wrong thing. I try to elaborate my point of view a bit more, i say that i realise that and i don't expect her to be there all the time, but is it too much to ask to just say brb or something if she's gotta go off in the middle of a conversation?

And here's the problem - i don't know which day it was, but it turns out she had to go because her grandad rang her to say her grandma had fainted and she had to run over to help her.

Here, i copied and pasted the conversation from that point on;

20:20 Me
seriously?
oh ****, i'm sorry

20:20 Siobhan
now u kno so if i dnt answer im nt askin u to hang on or wait we both hve lives we both live it dnt waste ur time on me and i cant always be so thoughtful even tho its difficult to try

20:21 Me
is she alright?

20:26 Siobhan
yea shes fine. she jus has a lot to deal with considerin my grandad has alzheimers and we cnt get help frm nhs or out so she dus it all even tho she has a heart condition n both of em old age... dusnt help tht we hve college n full time jobs so our help is limited. so these things happen. weva she collapses on me in the lloyds tsb bank and we spend a whole day in hospital waitin to see wot it was or if she faints in the bath n we hve to get her out!

20:28 Me
Shivvy, i knew nothing about this
as far i could see, one minute it was a convo, next you're just gone and i'm like what?
i never knew it was anything like this
i'm sorry

20:29 Siobhan
i kno i dnt expect u to i dnt broadcast this stuff but i cant always talk n be there n every1 understands tht weva they kno why im nt there to answer or not

20:30 Me
i know, i didn't know you had stuff like that to deal with, i thought you was just doing other stuff in the house or something
that's why i came out as i did, i didn't mean for it to sound like that
you want me to leave you alone?

20:35 Siobhan
i want u to understand tht i cnt always live on facebook chat n tht im not the normal girl with the normal circumstances who can always say brb n respond when u ask me to do stuff cos u kno i wont do it

20:40 Me
i get that, i was just a bit ****** off because the last 3 times i've spoke to you, you just disappeared in mid-conversation. i was trying to make it sound like a fair request, i had no idea of anything like this. if you have stuff to do, then do it, that stuff should always come first
i wasn't trying to tell you what to do or anything like that
i promise

20:42 Siobhan
it shudnt matter if i dnt answer all the time tho shud it??

20:42 Me
yeah i know
i'm sorry

20:43 Me
whenever someone's speaking to me on chat, even if i'm not really ON the computer, i keep the page up while i'm doing other stuff and glance at the screen every now and then, and if there's a message then i reply to it then just carry on with everything else
i guess i just assumed you did the same or something similar
i'm sorry

20:44 Siobhan
well if i dnt answer im watchin twilight jus so u kno

Me 20:47
if you're trying to make me feel guilty, it's worked
i'll leave you then
and again, i'm sorry
can we forget i ever brought it up in the first place?

20:50 Siobhan
im not tryna make u feel guilty i was jus gonna go off chat for a bit to watch this but i thought if i did tht u wud feel bad cos i wasnt answerin so maybe i shudnt hve bothered shud i?

20:52 Me
no, i don't feel bad that you're not there, and you don't need to tell me where you've gone off to, forget i ever brought it up

20:52 Siobhan
well i didnt want u 2 thts why i said it in first place not to make u guilty.

20:53 Me
first there's all that about your cousins, now this
some friend i am, eh?

20:54 Siobhan
u jus kno how to offend me thts all

20:55 Me
it's not just you, it's ANYONE, i told you this before, and i never meant for it to come out like it did
you know how i feel about you, so you're the LAST person i'm gonna wanna offend

21:37 Me
please just listen to this - either reply or don't, i don't care, but please just listen
i've been a selfish ****, i know that
i don't deserve you
i understand if you hate me

21:39 Me
i'm really sorry

Me 21:59
i have to go now, just let me say it one more time
i'm sorry, okay?

22:00 Siobhan
kk

As you can imagine, that whole event was like a giant kick to the balls to me. She's not just the girl i like, she's one of my best friends and i pushed her over the edge, and it's killing me inside.

Last night i tried speaking to her again;

21:18 Me
Hey. Look, i'm REALLY sorry about last night

21:18 Siobhan
hey

21:20 Me
can i please just try and explain?

21:21 Me
i know i was wrong, but when i was trying to speak to you the last 3 times and it said you was online, i was just a bit ****** off that it said yuo was there and yet nothing happened

21:23 Me
as far as i knew, you was there, and just abandonded the conversation. i waited for ages, so i thought i would ASK you POLITELY if you could just give me a heads up next time so i wasn't waiting around
i should have had a more open mind as to where you were at, i thought you was there, i'm sorry

21:25 Me
i don't wanna bother you, i just want you to know that i'm sorry

Are we both okay now?

21:58 Me
whether you hate me or we're okay, can you please just let me know?

21:58 Siobhan
nvermind

21:59 Me
what do you mean?

dunno nevermind

22:00 Me
alright then
are yuo oaky?

22:01 Siobhan
yea

22:02 Me
okay, i'll give you some space for a bit
well done on getting in that film

And that was that. I was hoping to patch stuff up, but i got nothing out of her at all last night. I have no idea where i stand with her at the moment, and it's doing my head in. I wanna speak to her to find out if we're both alright now, but at the same time i wanna give her space and not bother her. I've said sorry a thousand times, but i wanna hear her too.

I was thinking of speaking to her in a couple of days, and not start the conversation off with that topic.

But seriously, what should i do? She's very close to me and i don't wanna mess things up between us.

Zero Nexus

Stand up, go for it
Remember me asking about my friend Siobhan a bit ago, because i found out she's related to a pair of guys who picked on me in school? Well, i spoke to her about it, and like i thought she would, she took it the wrong way. She wrote me a massive message on Facebook saying stuff like "they're my family and i'm upset about yuo calling them"

I spoke to her about it a couple of days later, and she accepted my apology, she knew it all came out wrong, and she just said she'd had a lot going on lately and it was just that talking. We've been fine since, but this week something else happened;

I was speaking to her on wednesday night, and all of a sudden, she just stopped replying on chat, but it said she was still online. I was like "what the hell?" I had no idea when she was gonna reply, or even IF she was gonna do it at all.

I thought she probably just had to go and help her parents with something, so i thought nothing of it. I spoke to her on chat again on friday, and she did it AGAIN - one minute it's a normal conversation, next she's just online, but not replying. I was getting a bit annoyed.

So on saturday morning, she was on then i so i thought i should say something (which was convenient, because she's hardly ever on in the mornings). I asked what happened, and she said she was just not properly online. I said okay then, i was just wondering because she did the same thing on wednesday, and she said she WAS busy then because she had stuff to do. So i change the subject and we spoke about other stuff, and you know what? She did it AGAIN! Despite the fact i started off the conversation asking what happened. That was the absolute last straw.

It's not like i expected her to be glued to Facebook and forget about everything else, but can you understand why i was getting so p*ssed off about it? It might be just me, but if someone's speaking to me on chat, i check the screen for any new messages all the time. Even if i'm doing other stuff, i keep the screen up and glance at it every now and then if someone's speaking to me.

So, when she was on later, i thought i would ask her politely if she would say something next time so i wasn't waiting around like a ****.

And you know what she said? She said "No Liam i have a life and i don't appreciate you or any other guy for that matter telling me what to do."

And i realise that once again i've said the wrong thing. I try to elaborate my point of view a bit more, i say that i realise that and i don't expect her to be there all the time, but is it too much to ask to just say brb or something if she's gotta go off in the middle of a conversation?

And here's the problem - i don't know which day it was, but it turns out she had to go because her grandad rang her to say her grandma had fainted and she had to run over to help her.

Here, i copied and pasted the conversation from that point on;

20:20 Me
seriously?
oh ****, i'm sorry

20:20 Siobhan
now u kno so if i dnt answer im nt askin u to hang on or wait we both hve lives we both live it dnt waste ur time on me and i cant always be so thoughtful even tho its difficult to try

20:21 Me
is she alright?

20:26 Siobhan
yea shes fine. she jus has a lot to deal with considerin my grandad has alzheimers and we cnt get help frm nhs or out so she dus it all even tho she has a heart condition n both of em old age... dusnt help tht we hve college n full time jobs so our help is limited. so these things happen. weva she collapses on me in the lloyds tsb bank and we spend a whole day in hospital waitin to see wot it was or if she faints in the bath n we hve to get her out!

20:28 Me
Shivvy, i knew nothing about this
as far i could see, one minute it was a convo, next you're just gone and i'm like what?
i never knew it was anything like this
i'm sorry

20:29 Siobhan
i kno i dnt expect u to i dnt broadcast this stuff but i cant always talk n be there n every1 understands tht weva they kno why im nt there to answer or not

20:30 Me
i know, i didn't know you had stuff like that to deal with, i thought you was just doing other stuff in the house or something
that's why i came out as i did, i didn't mean for it to sound like that
you want me to leave you alone?

20:35 Siobhan
i want u to understand tht i cnt always live on facebook chat n tht im not the normal girl with the normal circumstances who can always say brb n respond when u ask me to do stuff cos u kno i wont do it

20:40 Me
i get that, i was just a bit ****** off because the last 3 times i've spoke to you, you just disappeared in mid-conversation. i was trying to make it sound like a fair request, i had no idea of anything like this. if you have stuff to do, then do it, that stuff should always come first
i wasn't trying to tell you what to do or anything like that
i promise

20:42 Siobhan
it shudnt matter if i dnt answer all the time tho shud it??

20:42 Me
yeah i know
i'm sorry

20:43 Me
whenever someone's speaking to me on chat, even if i'm not really ON the computer, i keep the page up while i'm doing other stuff and glance at the screen every now and then, and if there's a message then i reply to it then just carry on with everything else
i guess i just assumed you did the same or something similar
i'm sorry

20:44 Siobhan
well if i dnt answer im watchin twilight jus so u kno

Me 20:47
if you're trying to make me feel guilty, it's worked
i'll leave you then
and again, i'm sorry
can we forget i ever brought it up in the first place?

20:50 Siobhan
im not tryna make u feel guilty i was jus gonna go off chat for a bit to watch this but i thought if i did tht u wud feel bad cos i wasnt answerin so maybe i shudnt hve bothered shud i?

20:52 Me
no, i don't feel bad that you're not there, and you don't need to tell me where you've gone off to, forget i ever brought it up

20:52 Siobhan
well i didnt want u 2 thts why i said it in first place not to make u guilty.

20:53 Me
first there's all that about your cousins, now this
some friend i am, eh?

20:54 Siobhan
u jus kno how to offend me thts all

20:55 Me
it's not just you, it's ANYONE, i told you this before, and i never meant for it to come out like it did
you know how i feel about you, so you're the LAST person i'm gonna wanna offend

21:37 Me
please just listen to this - either reply or don't, i don't care, but please just listen
i've been a selfish ****, i know that
i don't deserve you

i'm really sorry

Me 21:59
i have to go now, just let me say it one more time
i'm sorry, okay?

kk

As you can imagine, that whole event was like a giant kick to the balls to me. She's not just the girl i like, she's one of my best friends and i pushed her over the edge, and it's killing me inside.

Last night i tried speaking to her again;

Hey. Look, i'm REALLY sorry about last night

21:18 Siobhan
hey

21:20 Me
can i please just try and explain?

21:21 Me
i know i was wrong, but when i was trying to speak to you the last 3 times and it said you was online, i was just a bit ****** off that it said yuo was there and yet nothing happened

21:23 Me
as far as i knew, you was there, and just abandonded the conversation. i waited for ages, so i thought i would ASK you POLITELY if you could just give me a heads up next time so i wasn't waiting around
i should have had a more open mind as to where you were at, i thought you was there, i'm sorry

21:25 Me
i don't wanna bother you, i just want you to know that i'm sorry

Are we both okay now?

21:58 Me
whether you hate me or we're okay, can you please just let me know?

21:58 Siobhan
nvermind

21:59 Me
what do you mean?

dunno nevermind

22:00 Me
alright then
are yuo oaky?

22:01 Siobhan
yea

22:02 Me
okay, i'll give you some space for a bit
well done on getting in that film

And that was that. I was hoping to patch stuff up, but i got nothing out of her at all last night. I have no idea where i stand with her at the moment, and it's doing my head in. I wanna speak to her to find out if we're both alright now, but at the same time i wanna give her space and not bother her. I've said sorry a thousand times, but i wanna hear her too.

I was thinking of speaking to her in a couple of days, and not start the conversation off with that topic.

But seriously, what should i do? She's very close to me and i don't wanna mess things up between us.

DarkMammoth

Lover of silly memes
The chat got a little tl;dr for me, so I didn't finish it but... Siobhan sounds like a bit of a drama queen. I'm gonna try and ignore the horrible grammar coming from her end. (For the record, how old are the two of you again, just for reference?) You seemed to calmly try and get your point across, and she turned into "ME ME ME IT'S ALL ABOUT ME".

I don't really have advice for you, aside from maybe get a better friend. (Though you seem really attached to her, so that's not gonna work.) The best I can do is analyze the situation, and you seem to be diong the best you can.

Status
Not open for further replies.