• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Advice thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

cocoa_adele

I need some advice stat!lol

Like in the BF/GF/Crushes Relationships Thread, I posted something there regarding a crush. Like I mentioned before, long-story short, she is my neighbor, im 19, she's 17(18 by end of 2010), we've known each other for 7 years now and we've been quite distant in our high school years, and I managed to nab her number 2 months ago.

I asked her if she was busy next weekend(which would have been these next 2-3 days) and she said she was.... -_- I thought it was the end for sure but she graduated from high school Tuesday, so its possible that there are grad parties and whatnot, so Im sure she was busy because her friends may have had one those days. So I wanted to try again, asking her if she was busy next weekend..... and actually tell her where I wanted to go.... Bowling! Movies & Dinner seem too you know, same ol' same ol'.

How do I go about asking her? I think she may be on vacation, I haven't seen them since Wednesday...... We usually text most of the time..... Also, I don't feel like asking her this weekend.... I don't want to be like: "You free next weekend" every single time..... or is there a way I can flirt my way into asking her out?:D Need some ideas folks!lol

You need to give her an idea of your intentions; and whether you do that straight up or subtly is up to you, though I would opt for subtly. She's known you for years and sees you a lot since you live close to one another so she may not think of you 'in that way'.

Talking and texting to her late at night and flirting with her is a good idea. If you can jog with her in the morning or something that's even better. Good luck!

Mr. Joker

keep calm & carry on
BAAAAAH Need some advice.

I have been looking for a job over the summer, I found one in the news paper, I called the dude and he said that I'll be making 4$ for the first 4 hours I work, if I work out I will be making 5$ (Cash, so I don't have to pay taxes) per hour, I will normally be there from 8 AM to 4/5 PM... if I work out. The job is weeding and planting flowers.... my question is, is the pay good? if so, should i keep the job?

Aquadon

TCG Trainer

I have been looking for a job over the summer, I found one in the news paper, I called the dude and he said that I'll be making 4$ for the first 4 hours I work, if I work out I will be making 5$ (Cash, so I don't have to pay taxes) per hour, I will normally be there from 8 AM to 4/5 PM... if I work out. The job is weeding and planting flowers.... my question is, is the pay good? if so, should i keep the job?

I'm just going to say that the pay is FAR under Minimum wage. However, given that it's under the table I would say that it's not terrible. It seems though as if it's a one-shot gig, but if you're desperate for money I would say it's not the worst thing you could do for money. I'd say do it for now, however try to see if there's another legitimate job you would go for.

Also, why do you need to work out in order to pull weeds and plant flowers?

Mr. Joker

keep calm & carry on
I'm just going to say that the pay is FAR under Minimum wage. However, given that it's under the table I would say that it's not terrible. It seems though as if it's a one-shot gig, but if you're desperate for money I would say it's not the worst thing you could do for money. I'd say do it for now, however try to see if there's another legitimate job you would go for.

Also, why do you need to work out in order to pull weeds and plant flowers?

Like if you aren't doing as well as the guy wants you too.

xANGELx

xANGELx
I don't have a problem, but I was wondering if anyone who has quoted me could possibly remove the quotes from their replies. I know that's a big ask, but I really need you guys to delete it. Thankyou =)

natie

Mr. F
Why would you want that? Are you removing all your posts for some obscure reason, or do you just feel like it? -_-

John13wb

Earthbound Hero

Just remember that flipping burgers in not beneath you.

Just remember that flipping burgers in not beneath you.

I was lucky enough to find a starting wage of 9$ an hour at A&W. "Flipping burgers" is actually a great way to learn about team work, responsibility, working hard, especially in the summer. Though I don't recommend it for health reasons.

ForeverFlame

"No taxes" is code-word for "you aren't protected by minimum wage laws". Don't take the job.

PsychedelicJellyfish

formerly R. New
I know something which I think someone needs to know. I'm concerned for them because of it. In telling them I could potentially turn them against me because it could ruin their relationship and they might think I told them with the sole intention of doing just that. The person in question is my best friend of the opposite sex and I care about her a lot (hence I want to tell her) and don't want to lose our friendship (hence I don't want to tell her). In addition, if I upset her enough it would turn most of my other friends against me as well. What the f*ck do I do here?

Josiah

is your favorite
Maybe try starting out by telling her what you just said. Explain your intentions, tell her what you're worried about happening, tell her that you care and don't want to lose her friendship. If she's willing to listen after that, go for it.

Dattebayo

Banned
I have a bit of trouble at DeviantART. I'm arguing with someone after he posted an article about a father abandoning his child after getting a blood transfusion and say how religion is full of lunatics. I told him that not all religious people are lunatics and the Bible isn't meant to be taken literal. He then responded that all religious people are lunatics and anyone who believes in God is crazy as the people who believe in Santa. I tried to prove him wrong by telling him what the Bible is meant to be, but he won't listen saying that it promotes Anti-Gay, Killing children, Women into slavery, etc. Now I have no idea about who is right or wrong about the existence of a higher being, so I can't enjoy my life as I'm stuck in the middle. What should I do? Here's the link of what's going on: http://marsmar.deviantart.com/journal/31998469/#comments

Aha I haven't checked this in awhile. D:

@Jup
I guess I'm just impatient, that's all. I don't really see myself sitting in the classroom, I guess. I've never really been into school, I'm more of a "just get it done and move on" sort of person. D: I don't know, its just all really overwhelming.

@Datte
Well, as a Freak for Jesus, all I can tell you is just to forget about it. Some people just never learn and its best not to throw ideas out there and cram them down their throat, or else they'll put up more of a resistance to it. :/ I have a huge respect for the beliefs of my friends, so that's the stance I take. Just ignore them and move on.

As for the "anti-gay" thing, the bible only mentions homosexuality ONCE, and that's in Leviticus, which, really...is kind of a strange book, even for the Old Testament. o__o

Dattebayo

Banned
@Datte
Well, as a Freak for Jesus, all I can tell you is just to forget about it. Some people just never learn and its best not to throw ideas out there and cram them down their throat, or else they'll put up more of a resistance to it. :/ I have a huge respect for the beliefs of my friends, so that's the stance I take. Just ignore them and move on.

If I do ignore him and not respond, he'll think I'm a coward and claim himself the winner of the argument. I don't want that to happen to me. Plus he said mysteries have to be solved when I told him that no one is right and some mysteries aren't meant to be solved.

If I do ignore him and not respond, he'll think I'm a coward and claim himself the winner of the argument. I don't want that to happen to me. Plus he said mysteries have to be solved when I told him that no one is right and some mysteries aren't meant to be solved.

Well then he's an arrogant arse. Seriously, after reading through it, he seems like someone who's just all up on his high-horse and thinks any opinion besides his own isn't worth it.
But hey, who am I to judge.
Seriously though, its just not worth it to go on with him. Unless he starts bragging about it and harassing you further, just move on. You both have your own beliefs, and that's just fine. If he continues, just report him to DA. Drama just brings about more drama, that is the way of the Internet.

shadow wolf

The one and only!
@Dattebayo
Personally, I would not care what some person said over the internet, and not let them get to me. The mystery thing is a good point, while as human we search for answers to the universe we live in, there are things we can not comprehend and that can prove dangerous to us. Isn't that guy just being a troll?

Killer_Squirtle

Follow my lead!
Any advice on overcoming Medi-phobia? [Fear of hospitals?]

sgt.

There are some problems with hospitals but like anything else you just need to focus on what they do right. If your visiting someone maybe talk to some of the nurses that are assigned to that person just to show yourself that they are in good hands. If you are going to the hospital for a short term thing wear a mask if it helps you feel comfortable and carry some handsanitizer. If your staying for an extended period keep some books, newspapers, magazines with you or watch some T.V. to keep your mind off of everything else; just don't let yourself sit there thinking about something that could go wrong.

Status
Not open for further replies.