• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Advice thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shedinja705

An outcast...
Ignore her. If she is going to be childish and immature, then you be the mature one. The more you ignore her immature behavior, the more angrier she will get and once she realizes that your not giving her any negative attention, she will quit. When I used to live at home, my mom used to call me every curse word you can think of. Instead of getting mad, I would ignore her. After she realized that I wasn't giving in to her, she was so mad she stormed off to her bedroom, and cried.
Yeah, but when she gets mad, she gets REAL MAD, she might even ban me from Serebii for like a month or something >_<

Unpredictable-Strategist

Unorthodox Trainer
Yeah, but when she gets mad, she gets REAL MAD, she might even ban me from Serebii for like a month or something >_<

Honestly, I really think ignoring her would be the best thing to do. From what I've heard of her, she's exactly the type of person who this technique will most successfully effect. If she tries to give you any punishment, just respond calmly and say something like "Ok."

Flaming Panda

Im'a panda on fire!
Sooooooo, basically, ever since my last two exs ive lost all my courage to talk to women. Well, not courage, mostly motivation. Reasons why: my 1st ex basically dated me just to piss off her ex. She recorded us doing it and sent it to him. After that she broke up with me. Not exactly the best way to lose your virginity lol. My second ex was this really cute, short, shy emo chic that i got along with great. About a month passed and she dexided she wanted to have sex. Little did i know, she was a sadist and had some how aquired aphrodisiacs lol. A couple weeks latter, she goes into some satanic phsyco depression spiral and i swear to god, i thought i was gona worry myself to death. I was to the point of throwing up due to pure stress and constantly worrying about her, and it didnt help that she was constantly saying i was one of the few things keeping her alive. A week later, im getting death threats by 5 other people. Turns out i wasnt the only THING (c what i didz thar!?) keeping her happy.

Moving on, all my friends have a gf and have no time for anyone else so i decided i would try to get a new gf. Btw im not really interested in sex and looks. Tbh sex is really over rated in the first place lol. Im much more interested in how well we get along. Im kind of a guy who likes the somewhat weird and shy girls that are kinda clingy, as in like to cuddle alot, cause i find it adorable lol. Anyway, i guess im afraid ill get another ***** for a gf. Any advice on me getting my courage back. Btw, im not someone who has great facial looks. My best attributes come from my epic funnyness and very kind and carring nature, yet kinda protective, but not overly protective. Any advice inhow to regain my confedence?

Tropios

':o Me is stinky??'
i really need some help here. this is SERIOUS!!!

A few weeks ago, my mom called my dad a complete *******, and i said "Mom, it's not funny." so she just mocked back sarcastically, "It's not funny!" And the other day, she printed out some pictures of him and drew devil horns, elephant ears, bunny ears, and some freaky mohawk thing on seperate pictures. Since my parents are divorced, this is why this is happening. So my questions are:
1. How could i tell her to politely SHUT THE HECK UP. and to STOP MAKING FUN OF MY DAD
2. Howcome she is making fun of him so much?

shes angry at him, let her do what she wants and dont talk about it or something, just ignore that and act like she doesnt do it

Shedinja705

An outcast...
Ok, i'll try both, 705030, and Unpredictable-Strategist . i'll tell you in the future how it goes.

Hakajin

Obsessive Shipper
Sooooooo, basically, ever since my last two exs ive lost all my courage to talk to women. Well, not courage, mostly motivation. Reasons why: my 1st ex basically dated me just to piss off her ex. She recorded us doing it and sent it to him. After that she broke up with me. Not exactly the best way to lose your virginity lol. My second ex was this really cute, short, shy emo chic that i got along with great. About a month passed and she dexided she wanted to have sex. Little did i know, she was a sadist and had some how aquired aphrodisiacs lol. A couple weeks latter, she goes into some satanic phsyco depression spiral and i swear to god, i thought i was gona worry myself to death. I was to the point of throwing up due to pure stress and constantly worrying about her, and it didnt help that she was constantly saying i was one of the few things keeping her alive. A week later, im getting death threats by 5 other people. Turns out i wasnt the only THING (c what i didz thar!?) keeping her happy.

Moving on, all my friends have a gf and have no time for anyone else so i decided i would try to get a new gf. Btw im not really interested in sex and looks. Tbh sex is really over rated in the first place lol. Im much more interested in how well we get along. Im kind of a guy who likes the somewhat weird and shy girls that are kinda clingy, as in like to cuddle alot, cause i find it adorable lol. Anyway, i guess im afraid ill get another ***** for a gf. Any advice on me getting my courage back. Btw, im not someone who has great facial looks. My best attributes come from my epic funnyness and very kind and carring nature, yet kinda protective, but not overly protective. Any advice inhow to regain my confedence?

...Wow. Those are some destructive relationships. Anyway, it doesn't sound to me like confidence is your problem, just motivation. You said so yourself. I wouldn't worry about it. I don't think you should seek a girlfriend for the sake of having a girlfriend. Just let it come naturally. Like, if you start becoming good friends with a girl, something might come of that. It's best if you get to know the person before you start dating her. Don't rush into things. Hope that helps!

Aquadon

TCG Trainer

As a man with 6 house mates, 2 of which have very steady relationships and 2 of which are fairly successful in hooking up with girls, I know where you're coming from. However, I haven't had terrible experiences like what you've had at all, meaning I'm not the least bit demotivated to go after random girls and see where it goes (also there's a very MAJOR scarcity of the latter scenario, so that's never an issue. The former scenario is somewhat common though). I'd say stop looking for girlfriends, and start trying to make girl friends. And yes, I'm referring to a purely platonic friendship with a girl that doesn't have to involve sex. It could possibly lead to that FAR down the road, but for now keep it in your pants. That way if for nothing else, it can let you see that not all girls are like those 2 that you've dealt with. That's one way of gaining a little confidence, and see where it goes from there.

intergalactic platypus

Only rescues maidens
As a man with 6 house mates, 2 of which have very steady relationships and 2 of which are fairly successful in hooking up with girls, I know where you're coming from. However, I haven't had terrible experiences like what you've had at all, meaning I'm not the least bit demotivated to go after random girls and see where it goes (also there's a very MAJOR scarcity of the latter scenario, so that's never an issue. The former scenario is somewhat common though). I'd say stop looking for girlfriends, and start trying to make girl friends. And yes, I'm referring to a purely platonic friendship with a girl that doesn't have to involve sex. It could possibly lead to that FAR down the road, but for now keep it in your pants. That way if for nothing else, it can let you see that not all girls are like those 2 that you've dealt with. That's one way of gaining a little confidence, and see where it goes from there.
I agree with him actually. Relationships don't happen when you force them. They just kind of fall into place on their own, and the right person often sneaks up on you at unexpected times and unexpected places

Krake

Flabebe's Kids
I kinda have a problem. I have this fetish (it's actually more of a turn-on; I haven't actually participated in it yet) and I feel that if it gets out at my school, everyone will know and I'll be humiliated (my uni has around 2k students). That isn't the problem, though.

I really want to meet a girl who either already does it or would be willing to do it (preferably the former, as I feel like the latter would take longer as far as trust goes). That being the case, I'd probably meet people like that online, but I'm not that great at hooking up as is.

If I hypothetically wanted to participate in it with a girl, how should I go about it without it ending up with me being embarassed?

P.S. I'm not a furry. Just clarifying.

Last edited:

natie

Mr. F
I suggest you try finding out some secrets of those that are most likely to mock you first, then, when/if they do such a thing, you can use Payback. It might even be super effective.

On a slightly more serious note though, I suppose the hardest part will be finding a girl that has the same fetish (as AFAIK it's pretty rare, you're the only person I know that has it), but I wouldn't have the slightest idea as to how you should find out (because I'm pretty sure just asking random people would end up with lots of people making weird faces :p).

Krake

Flabebe's Kids
I suggest you try finding out some secrets of those that are most likely to mock you first, then, when/if they do such a thing, you can use Payback. It might even be super effective.

On a slightly more serious note though, I suppose the hardest part will be finding a girl that has the same fetish (as AFAIK it's pretty rare, you're the only person I know that has it), but I wouldn't have the slightest idea as to how you should find out (because I'm pretty sure just asking random people would end up with lots of people making weird faces :p).

It's actually relatively common on the Internet, but as far as real life goes, you're right; It is relatively uncommon.

Chances are I'll have to wait until I've dated someone for a while to be comfortable enough to bring it up with her. Unless I get really lucky, I'll probably never find someone who has it to begin with.

It's actually relatively common on the Internet, but as far as real life goes, you're right; It is relatively uncommon.

Chances are I'll have to wait until I've dated someone for a while to be comfortable enough to bring it up with her. Unless I get really lucky, I'll probably never find someone who has it to begin with.

If all else fails try Craigslist. There's always Craigslist.

But really, getting to know a girl is probably the best route. Do "normal" stuff to begin with, and after a while ask to try something new. You'll find someone who's down eventually =]

natie

Mr. F
Chances are I'll have to wait until I've dated someone for a while to be comfortable enough to bring it up with her.
Yeah, that's probably the best thing to do.

Good luck on your quest for eternal happiness, man! (cheesiest thing I could think of, sorry D:)

Victoria

My my my...

Well I'm sure most girls would in fact want to know the guy first and actually be friends too. It's quite a long process before you get 'it'. And yeah, asking a girl that without knowing her very well will definitely make her think you are a creep. But if it's just one thing that you want, then either go for the cheapest girls you can find, or just change how you think. Maybe getting to know a girl well would actually help you out.

Krake

Flabebe's Kids
Well I'm sure most girls would in fact want to know the guy first and actually be friends too. It's quite a long process before you get 'it'. And yeah, asking a girl that without knowing her very well will definitely make her think you are a creep. But if it's just one thing that you want, then either go for the cheapest girls you can find, or just change how you think. Maybe getting to know a girl well would actually help you out.

Well, it's not like I wouldn't get to know her; if she was already interested in it, it would just be easier to bring up, though.

I also wouldn't just ask about it, seeing as I've only told 2 people about it for fear of humiliation (what with people getting the wrong idea). Again, I'd probably bring it up somehow when we've been dating for a while.

I'd imagine that anyone else who would have this fetish would probably be hush-hush about it just like me, however, so the chances of me meeting a girl who is already into it is very very slim.

Pokemonmaster Bill

Agnet of Umbrella
A year ago i met this girl. me and her had are up's and down and for about five months we stop talking for reason's i don't want to talk about. now we are back being friends and shes is actual my best friend at the school i am going to and only true friend there becuse every one there treats me like ****. I would love to tell her how i actul feel   about her wich i think she knows. i don't know if i should go for it and lose again my only friend i have at the school i am going to or just sit back and hide these feelings torwards her. 

Bhatman

Chilled Hottie
Alright guys, I want to become Web Designer/Developer when I grow up. So do I have to take Arts? Is that REALLY compulsory? I would like to take Computer Science so can I become a Designer without going into the Arts field?

bobjr

You ask too many questions
Staff member
A year ago i met this girl. me and her had are up's and down and for about five months we stop talking for reason's i don't want to talk about. now we are back being friends and shes is actual my best friend at the school i am going to and only true friend there becuse every one there treats me like ****. I would love to tell her how i actul feel** about her wich i think she knows. i don't know if i should go for it and lose again my only friend i have at the school i am going to or just sit back and hide these feelings torwards her.*

Tell her. Tell her all over her face.

Pokemonmaster Bill

Agnet of Umbrella
Alright guys, I want to become Web Designer/Developer when I grow up. So do I have to take Arts? Is that REALLY compulsory? I would like to take Computer Science so can I become a Designer without going into the Arts field?

as a student at an art school it all depends. i am in film and video production and i did some web design and i all depends if you want to get out in three years or four.

Gweedo

Skarmory Rider
First of all, I realized I've been posting on this thread a lot... :/

Second of all, I have a problem with my boyfriend. We've been together for almost a year now and it's been perfect. But since we've been dating there has been this one girl whom I've been suspicious of. My boyfriend tells me although she wants his nuts, she's nothing to worry about and that they're just friends.

So the other day I was playing with his phone and she texted him (which I was fine with) until I saw long text messages he was erasing from her. Then I panicked. So for the rest of the night I didn't really talk and was kind of short with him (which I feel terrible about) but I think it was necessary because otherwise I would have exploded and accused him. He realized something was wrong but I refuse to talk about it until I get some opinions!

Do you think its something to worry about? Do you think he might be cheating?

I talked to my best girl friend and my best guy friend and they both said the same thing... he could be cheating (otherwise why the hell would he delete messages unless he was afraid I would see them??) or she could just be on his nuts and he could be deleting messages from her to not cause problems (yet we always tell each other when someone else says something like 'youre hawt brake up wit ur boi' and what not).

I wouldn't be panicking like I am now if this had never happened to me before. Now that it might I'm kind of in a "I DONT WANT TO GO THRU THIS AGAIN" mode.

It's killing me I don't know :(

Status
Not open for further replies.