1. We have moved to a new forum system. All your posts and data should have transferred over. Welcome, to the new Serebii Forums. Details here
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
    Dismiss Notice
  3. If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders
    Dismiss Notice

Aegislash Discussion Thread

Discussion in '6th Gen' started by Miror, Nov 5, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Klaus™

Klaus™ Banned

Um thats not a bad set. Usually its sacred sword>iron head but i could see the use in iron head. Not only that but the scenario you described should never happen unless you are a bad player. Why are you stating in on sableye in the first place? An then hen you are burnt, he can stall you out. Burn damage will eventually kill you. Not only that but shafow ball doesnt ohko, leaving sableye to hit you with something (foul play probably) while you are in sword form. The other wuestion is why your opp is using sableye in the first place.

2. Divine Retribution

Divine Retribution Master of the freak show

Choice Aegislash is just terrible. In Blade Form he's neither fast enough nor bulky enough to use it effectively. At best, you have a frail wallbreaker, at worst you've got deadweight.

3. windsong

windsong WEST SIDE

The only reason it's still used as a physical attacker is because people haven't realized how much better the mixed set is. Actually.

4. McDanger

McDanger Well-Known Member

ok
    CmmtThis2Mmry: please dont clutter up the trhead with one line questions, they are borderline spam, take it to vm or the Q and A thread, nothing personal

I`m only going to say this ones, prankster users are niche pokemon, often outclassed by other walls that do the exact same thing and can actually live a hit.

ghost dog: your argument is flawed as swords dance aegislash will scout first with kings shield which has a higher priority than sableye and switch out if it uses WoW, or just smash sableye if it uses taunt, while as stated several times, mixed aegislash destroys sableye
    252+ SpA Life Orb Aegislash Shadow Ball vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Sableye: 196-231 (64.47 - 75.98%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
    with recover and leftovers, its about a 3hko, making sableye ineffective at stopping aegislash, it is not a counter, i wouldn't even say it a check. And prankster teams are gimmacky.

5. Divine Retribution

It's hard to deny that Prankster has its merits, even if it is a gimmick.

Although yeah, Sableye isn't exactly a reliable check for Aegislash.

EDIT: Also, since when does King's Shield block WoW?

Last edited: Nov 7, 2013
  6. ModelT

ModelT The Normal Trainer

Here's my 2 cents

Pure physical Sword and Board has a very predictable move set, that can be greatly hindered by WoW and taunt and good prediction.

Pure Special S&B needs KS or it will simply be out sped by most things, and without the back and forth of his defenses, he would be easier to pick off making making a physical wall breaker at best. With KS, he can be decently good brute. Meaning three attacks and your choice of Automize or KS.

Making him mixed makes him less predictable and able to cut down walls like we are in Berlin.

Simply put, Sword and Board is a complete wild card with no easy counters or or absolute checks. Except another Sword and Board. I think he counters himself rather effectively...

7. I was describing how that situation would go if it was Aegislash v Sableye. I shadow sneak the first turn to force the recover, and then we play the waiting game. Since Shadow ball is in fact a 2HKO, the turn you use foul play, since I naturally outspeed, Sableye dies.

8. Klaus™

Klaus™ Banned

why are you staying in on sableye in the first place? knowing it has WoW. Also why are you using both shadow sneak AND shadow ball? also the situation you describe would never happen if you were a good enough player. No sane player is leaving aegis in on sableye. Honestly you should never even see sableye

Getting back on topic, I've found common counters and checks to Aegis are things like talonflame (mixed sans kings shield or even if talonflame just runs overheat), diggersby, and mandibuzz. Anything that outspeeds and can hit with EQ is also good as well, such as zygarde, excadrill, etc. even greninja can be considered a good check. Honestly aegis isnt that hard to handle. Its easily predictable, etc, but its till a good mon, similar to keldeo last gen

9. . . .
    Are you dense. . ?
    I was speaking hypothetically IF that were to ever happen, that is how it would play out. . .

Also, did you really ask why I'm carrying Shadow sneak and Shadow ball?
    It's mixed, and SS gives him priority to KO pokes on their last breath. . .
    Every sane player should know that. . .

Last edited: Nov 7, 2013
  10. ghost_dog97

ghost_dog97 the sweeper

actually, sableye has a higher speed stat than aegislash

11. No. . . Actually it doesn't.
    Aegislash

Sableye

12. ghost_dog97

ghost_dog97 the sweeper

ANYWAYS...sableye is a legit counter to sableye
    swords dance all you want, sableye will just use foul play

13. >.>
    That's one way to have a rebuttal. . .
    It's not a counter in the sense you want it to be.
    The second you foul play, you've given Aegislash a free Shadow ball, and if you didn't recover, it's the shadow ball that will be taking Sableye out of the game before it gets the chance to pop off a foul play.

14. McDanger

we went over this, sableye only checks swords dancea aegislash, and its a bad one at that, any other set destroys it and now you`re arguing against yourself with foul play, as burning aegislash decreases the damage from foul play, while if you use foul play, you run the risk of being OHKOed by +2 iron head.

15. ghost_dog97

ghost_dog97 the sweeper

man you are taking this too seriously, you assume that all aegislash are "mixed" attackers when in reality, its not. the only move you keep repeating is shadow ball. aegislash's learnset is majority physical.
    aegislash will (for the most part) be a adamant or brave nature. my aegislash is brave and it sweeps very nicely so I intend to keep it that way

16. Divine Retribution

How is he taking anything too seriously? He's countering your argument in a very civil way. What else would you have him do?

MuhFugginMoose likes this.
  17. I'm not taking this "too seriously" I'm telling you why Sableye is not as good a counter as you think it is. You're assuming all aegislash are Physical attackers, when in reality, that's no where near the case.
    As of now, Mixed Aegislash is more popular than physical for that exact reason, a burn stops it in its tracks.
    Mine is brave as well, and it's mixed. And burn doesn't stop it from sweeping. Yours on the other hand, will be.

18. McDanger

ok i`m out of patients
    sableye is a terrible check all it does it stop physical aegislash, which no good player really uses as its mixed set is superior, and even then its mind games to stop its swords dance set as if you taunt when sableye is in, aegislash will win if it iron heads, or it will just switch out. I dont get where you`re getting a special based set from, we`re all saying MIXED not special meaning it hits both ways, but is special based with shadow ball as its main stab move. Stop grasping at straws to prove sableye is a counter, no one is going to agree, and we`ve proven the argument wrong in at least 2 posts.

19. Well, it just so happens he can learn Flash Cannon.
    The main site is there for a reason, but we're talking mixed anyways.

I'm not on any sort of a rage, I was just expressing why Sableye isn't as much of a hard counter as you like to think.

20. Divine Retribution

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.