• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Aegisshipping General Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

saruhh

challengeshipper <3
Aegisshipping - Darkrai x Alice

Haiii. Aegisshipping, as shown above, is the couple of Darkrai and Alice. Time for rules and such.

Rules;
1. No bashing. Please.
2. Don't just be like "LULZ I LOVE THAT COUPLE HAHAHAHAHA THEY'RE MEANT FOR EACH OTHER". We're here for dicussion, not spam.
3. The main rules apply.

First question;
Why do you find Aegishipping appealing? Give me some reasons.

Irene

Rather bizarre
Okay, I admit I haven't been an active member on these forums for... at least one year I think? But I was randomly googling for Aegisshipping, and found this thread - I just HAD to at least say hi :3

Now, I can't really explain why I like this pairing so much. Those who know me, know that I don't randomly ship characters (unless it's fun crack) because I really hate to make them go OOC. But with Alice and Darkrai, I never felt it was random. To me, Aegisshipping is the KEY to whole movie 10, crowned by the final song, that is just THE Aegisshipping song (I don't know if it was in the USA version of the movie - I'm obviously talking about I will be with you ~ where the lost ones go).

I probably have more to say, but I want to see if anyone else joins here and says something first. I don't want to randomly type for one hour and then have nobody read it. ;491;

enamuko

Why do I love Aegisshipping? That's a difficult question. I mean, there's a lot of reasons. Part of it is how I imagine Darkrai, a proud legendary Pokemon, reacting to falling in love with a human girl. If you really wanted to go into it, there could be a lot of psychological issues like that, and I always love couples where I can royally screw with one or both of the character's minds.

My second reason is that I really, really like Pokephilia couples in general, for pretty much the same reason; it's pretty much just one big psychological meltdown.

And my third is that there's just SO MUCH evidence in the movie for me to not like it, you know? I mean, pretty much ALL of it could signify nothing more than a strong bond of friendship, but hey--that's where it starts, my friends, that's where it starts.

Also, random tidbit--if you search Aegisshipping on Google, my AMV is the first result (Aegisshipping - Kryptonite). That makes me happy inside.

Irene

Rather bizarre
Yay this thread LIVES!
I have your AMV in my Youtube favorites so it's nice to see you here :D

As a funny fact, one of the fanarts I drew also shows up as first result in the first page of Google Images for "Aegisshipping". I can understand why you're happy X3

DarkraiXAlice4ever

Aegisshipper

Irene

Rather bizarre
Oh, I remember reading that fanfiction when I was looking for Aegisshipping stories (and it was the only one I found).
I admit the first part kind of confused me (not that it's not clear what's happening... it's just... not really believable), but I adored the final. It was so sweet!

DarkraiXAlice4ever

Aegisshipper
Thanks.

Oh, I remember reading that fanfiction when I was looking for Aegisshipping stories (and it was the only one I found).
I admit the first part kind of confused me (not that it's not clear what's happening... it's just... not really believable), but I adored the final. It was so sweet!

Thank you! Isn't it sad that Aegisshipping as so little fanfics? I'm writing another one (That is Alice's P.O.V). Soon as I post it, I'll put up the link here. Anyway, why do I love Aegisshipping? Well, it's hard to explain really. I was watching the 10th movie, and started on some fanart of Darkrai. Then, I remembered Alice. I thought: "Hmm... Those two would make a great couple!" Thus, I was addicted to Aegisshipping. I also found some hate art of Alice. Why can't people just respect what other people like?

LegendaryRotom

AegisShipping reminds me of The Phantom of the Opera for some reason....
You know...DARKRAI....with the lil' white mask thing over his head,protecting the blonde-haired girl.There's even music which plays a big part in that movie.Now I'm going to write a fanfic....I shall call it...."Darkrai Triumphant"!XD

Last edited:

DarkraiXAlice4ever

Aegisshipper
AegisShipping reminds me of The Phantom of the Opera for some reason....
You know...DARKRAI....with the lil' white mask thing over his head,protecting the blonde-haired girl.There's even music which plays a big part in that movie.Now I'm going to write a fanfic....I shall call it...."Darkrai Triumphant"!XD

(Thinks about that) Kinda reminds me of Phantom of the Opera as well. Let's not get off topic, though.

Irene

Rather bizarre
Thank you! Isn't it sad that Aegisshipping as so little fanfics? I'm writing another one (That is Alice's P.O.V). Soon as I post it, I'll put up the link here. Anyway, why do I love Aegisshipping? Well, it's hard to explain really. I was watching the 10th movie, and started on some fanart of Darkrai. Then, I remembered Alice. I thought: "Hmm... Those two would make a great couple!" Thus, I was addicted to Aegisshipping. I also found some hate art of Alice. Why can't people just respect what other people like?

Ooh, can't wait for the fic with Alice's POV... are you still working on it? :3
Love from Darkrai's side is usually considered pretty "canon" (it's obvious he cares about her...) but things that shows Alice's affection are kind rare.

...eh, I almost talk as there is much stuff around ._.

And, the hate art... was it on DeviantArt? I am pretty sure I know what you are talking about >.>

yay! Im not alone

I like it because.......uh...i dont really know. it reminds me of one those romance movies. also because darkrai is like soooo cold and stuff, and Alice is all like OOooo bunnys ^W^
But they are my fav couple ^W^ ;491;

saruhh

challengeshipper <3
Wow, didn't know my board would be such a success while I left for a while. o.o
I was like WOAH 10 POSTS.
xD

And I'll have to read that fanfic one time
And when I get home, I'll be sure to check out that AMV.
And now I'm like, inspired to write a fic of my own. x3

I have some ideas on a plot line, if any of you want to hear.

And I hate hate art. I mean, can't people just leave it alone if they hate it /so much/?
Oh well. Their problem. xD

Aegisshipping is what got me back into Pokemon. No lie. I find it amazing how there isn't more love for this couple. The last song made it canon I tell you!! But they took it out of the English version. Don't know why. The canon song was in English.........*sigh*

Irene

Rather bizarre
@saruhh: I'd love to hear plot ideas actually! :D

@Tricksterchild: yeah, it's sad they removed that song, but it's also true that the song that was used in the English ending could be interpreted as Aegisshippy-in a way ;)
I like to think that the Japanese ending song = Darkrai's point of view
English ending song: Alice's POV

Also, since more or less everyone has shared things they did, I think I may as well share the most recent picture I drew of them... Here it is (click for bigger):

[IMG200]http://www.jurassicpeace.com/pokemon/trainers_and_pokemon/tr_poke_069.jpg[/IMG200]

BabyLugia

Ooooh, I like this shipping :3
*raises hand* PICK ME PICK ME I'M A FAN I'M A FAN! *waves hand around like a dork*
Why do you find Aegishipping appealing? Give me some reasons.
I just do. Once I saw the movie, I knew there was some kind of relationship between Alice and Darkrai.
Now I wanna watch it again and find even the tiniest little hints XD

Status
Not open for further replies.