• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Aerial Aces - The Flying Pokemon Lover's Club

Status
Not open for further replies.

xSabre

Psychic Ninja
I had a name change! Used to be DD!

I promise I'll get to the banner after Christmas! You have my oath! *right hand up*

Aptenodytes

IMO, levitate should be given to Pokemon that can, well, levitate. Flygon actually has to move its wings to fly, which shows that it doesn't levitate, but flys instead. However, Pokemon such as Solrock do levitate, and it's obvious that it does. I think Flygon should be a flying type, even though it's type combination is unique.

can i join?
Why do you like flying type Pokemon?:they are easy to travel with and are cool!
Favorite Flying type Pokemon and why:Mukkuhawk, it looks so cool and I think it would be a great member of my team
Other favortie flying Pokemon:Skarmory,PIDGEOT,Swellow,Altaria
Will you follow all the rules here and be active?:Yes
Your answer to the current topic: I think Fuwante is okay, at least they have new combo of a flying type

Arrow

The Southern Cross
That'll work. You're in.

xSabre

Psychic Ninja
Welcome, dotaitos15!

IMO, levitate should be given to Pokemon that can, well, levitate. Flygon actually has to move its wings to fly, which shows that it doesn't levitate, but flys instead. However, Pokemon such as Solrock do levitate, and it's obvious that it does. I think Flygon should be a flying type, even though it's type combination is unique.
I agree. Perhaps they should make an Ability that is like making them part Flying in a way. They don't have the weaknesses or resistances of a Flying-type, but they fly like one. It can be called something like Airborne. All it is is an Ability that allows them to fly with wings.

~Flareon~

Can I join too?
Why do you like flying type Pokemon?
Favourite Flying type Pokemon and why
Other favourite flying Pokemon
Will you follow all the rules here and be active?
Yes.
Your answer to the current topic.
1) Because they are awesome.
2) Swellow. Because it's so cool.
3) Pidgeot, Articuno, Zapdos and Salamence

Arrow

The Southern Cross
Hey, had anyone really thought of writing a fic about the Pidgeot/Fearow battle in that Kanto episode? (I forget what it's called, but it was cool - the closest thing Pokemon came to an air-to-air dogfight) I've thought of it...I dunno. *shrugs*

Arrow

The Southern Cross
Well done! Good selection of flyers...although Salamence seems to be standing in the air randomly. XD

Arrow

The Southern Cross
Do you guys think a bigger emphasis on the evasion ability of flying Pokemon will give them a better edge in compeditive battling? I've been talking to another person who apparently battles comparatively and she says that everything flying types do, another type will do better. For example, against Grass types, a well-placed flamethrower will do more damage than another comparable flying type move.

So I've been thinking if flying were to be a defensive element primarily and thus have flyers rely on their other element to deal damage.

wants_latios_lots

I miss you Maddie <3
Do you guys think a bigger emphasis on the evasion ability of flying Pokemon will give them a better edge in compeditive battling? I've been talking to another person who apparently battles comparatively and she says that everything flying types do, another type will do better. For example, against Grass types, a well-placed flamethrower will do more damage than another comparable flying type move.

So I've been thinking if flying were to be a defensive element primarily and thus have flyers rely on their other element to deal damage.

Well...evasion isn't really something that needs emphasis. Double team is frowned upon as is, and people would muck up battling. "Hey rayquaza, use hyper beam! Lost a turn? No problem! You have great evasion!!!11 whooo!"
Neat idea, just a little dangerous...or dangeresque.
And that banner pretty much rules. Fantastic. Too bad there's no one to tell me how to put it in my sig...*BIG HINT**HELP*

xSabre

Psychic Ninja
Click on the link that I posted. Copy the URL in the search bar (the one where you type in websites). Copy the URL. Go to your User CP, and click Edit Signature. Put
IMG ]. Save signature, and tada! The Aerial Aces banner will be in your signature!

Dragon_Reborn

Do you guys think a bigger emphasis on the evasion ability of flying Pokemon will give them a better edge in compeditive battling?
Yes.Agility for a example here.Agility raises the speed of a pokemon right?Ok,now if the pokemon has higher speed then the other pokemon wouldn't that make the pokemon with higher speed harder to hit?Agility should also up the evasion of the pokemon too.

Status
Not open for further replies.