• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Aerodrome NEEDS YOUR HELP! COME ON! SHOW ME YOUR MOVES!

Aerodrome

Princess Zelda Fan!
Hi guys and gals! Aerodrome needs your help!

Rate my team please! It’s mostly for double battles, but I think it can work for single battles too.

I think the metagame is OU because I have two OU’s in there. xD

Sleep Clause is on, Item Clause is also on.

I have two teams for you guys to rate! The first one is my current real life team, while the second one is my imaginary team that I’ll one day finish making after all the breeding etc etc. So lets start!

Team 1!:

First Pokémon:
Spr_4p_197.png

Umbreon @ Leftovers
Ability: Synchronize
Nature: Impish
EVS: 252 HP – 252 Def – 6 Spe
IV: Not totally sure on all of them. HP is 30 though and Def and SP Def is somewhere in the range of 25-30.

- Mean Look
- Protect
- Baton Pass
- Yawn

Single Battle:
The main idea for this is to use Mean Look to prevent them from escaping, Yawn to get them to sleep and Protect to stop any further damage, then Baton Pass to Gardevoir to set up, while keeping the Mean Look and Sleep status in effect.

Double Battle:
It usually sits there and looks pretty while using Yawn to put opponents to sleep and Protect to waste the opponents valuable time and to let my other Pokemon use moves that hit everyone such as Surf. It will switch out by using Baton Pass most of the time.

Second Pokémon:
Spr_4p_350_m.png

Milotic @Flame Orb/Nevermeltice/Splash Plate
Ability: Marvel Scale
Nature: Rash
EVS: Totally Random. This Milotic was my ingame Pokémon. I’m gonna train a new one soon. :]
IV: Unknown.

- Surf
- Ice Beam
- Refresh
- Recover

Single Battle:
Just a tank. STAB Surf and Ice Beam for coverage, Refresh for those icky status disorders (Although If I have Flame Orb, I could possibly replace this). Recover is my recover move. xD

Double Battle:
Its team mate will usually be the Umbreon. Umbreon will support Milotic with Yawn while Milotic uses Ice Beam, then when Umbreon uses Protect, Milotic will use Surf (Unless there is a Pokemon with Water Absorb on the field).

Third Pokémon:
Spr_4p_282.png

Gardevoir @ Mind Plate/Fist Plate
Nature: Timid
EVS: Not sure. I tried to ev train it with the suggestion someone from another forum gave me which was HP 46 – SP. A 240 – Spe 140. But it doesn’t add up to 510. So I’m pretty sure I did it all wrong. I might use Berries to lower the EV’s then reEV train it again. *sigh*
IVS: Not entirely sure. But the judge said it was “Outstanding” and I did IV check it and they were pretty decent (29 in most of them).

- Psychic
- Focus Blast
- Calm Mind
- Healing Wish

Single Battles:
Umbreon is going to Baton Pass the Mean Look and Sleep Status to Gardevoir. Gardevoir can then set up by using Calm Mind a few times. Twice is usually sufficient to OHKO just about anything. Psychic is a good STAB while Focus Blast deals with those pesky Steel/Dark and Normal types for Super Effective damage! When Gardevoir is low on HP, she can use Healing Wish to heal whatever damage/status Umbreon has taken to allow another Mean Look/Yawn set up.

Double Battles:
Generally all it does is attack. Personally I don’t think it should set up with Calm Mind especially if there is a physical threat on the field. Mostly Psychic and Focus Blasts will be used in the double battles.

Fourth Pokémon:
Spr_4d_031.png

Nidoqueen @Black Sludge?
Ability: Poison Point
Nature: Brave
EVS: Att 252 – Spe 252 – Def 6
IVS: Not Sure.

- Fire Punch
- Earth Power
- Superpower
- Crunch

Single Battles:
Fire Punch generally deals with Shedninja, and other bugs and grass types, while Earth Power deals with those Pokemon with low Special Defense (Gallade comes to mind). Superpower is for special tanks like Milotic and Blissey, while Crunch deals with Psychic types (Although it is unlikely to kill them).

Double Battles:
With its wide variety of attacks, it will mostly just be doing Super Effective damage to a lot of things. So ganging up on one Pokemon will be the priority here. :]

Fifth Pokemon:
Spr_4d_224_f.png

Octillery @Scope Lens
Ability: Sniper
Nature: Modest
EVS: SP. A 252 – Spe 252 – HP 6
IVS: Unknown.;201-m;

- Surf
- Ice Beam
- Energy Ball
- Fire Blast (lolol)

Single Battles:
Type coverage + Awesome SP. A (323 yay!) = win. Basically this just covers most types for Super Effective damage. Speed is the only problem here, but Octillery should be able to stand at least one hit from almost anything (Save STAB Electricity attacks) and still be able to fight back. Scope Lens seems a little gimmicky, but it is a nice little (Yes. I admit it’s only little) bonus to the critical hit ratio, which can be devastating considering Octillery’s Sniper ability and good SP. A.

Double Battles:
Incredibly similar to Nidoqueen. With a good move pool, it’s be doing nice damage to a lot of things. Umbreon could be a good team mate with the Surf/Protect combination.

Sixth Pokemon:
Spr_4d_149.png

Dragonite @ Dragon Fang
Ability: Inner Focus
Nature: Naughty
EVS: Random/Unknown
IVS: Unknown

- Dragon Dance
- Thunder Wave
- Outrage
- Waterfall

Single Battles:
Sweeper. I think it would be good with Umbreon as well, with the Mean Look/Yawn combo. It would allow Dragonite to switch in and use Dragon Dance a few times then start sweeping with Waterfall and Outrage. Thunder Wave is mostly a filler attack in single battles.

Double Battles:
Thunder Wave becomes the main focus here. Dragonite can literally Thunder Wave everything in sight while letting the Team mate set up/attack/whatever. Dragonite can Dragon Dance if it wants then use Waterfall. Which is a nice physical Water attack.

Now here is my imaginary team! (Please note, I have copy pasted some of the Pokemon because I really want them in my team. lolol example Umbreon and Gardevouir mostly xD but there are some slight changes to everything else.):

Team 2:

First Pokémon:
Spr_4p_197.png

Umbreon @ Leftovers
Nature: Impish
EVS: 252 HP – 252 Def – 6 Spe
IV: N/A (It’s the one in my current team)

- Mean Look
- Protect
- Baton Pass
- Yawn

Single Battle:
The main idea for this is to use Mean Look to prevent them from escaping, Yawn to get them to sleep and Protect to stop any further damage, then Baton Pass to Gardevoir to set up, while keeping the Mean Look and Sleep status in effect.

Double Battle:
It usually sits there and looks pretty while using Yawn to put opponents to sleep and Protect to waste the opponents valuable time and to let my other Pokemon use moves that hit everyone such as Surf. It will switch out by using Baton Pass most of the time.

Second Pokemon:
Spr_4p_350_m.png

Milotic @Flame Orb/Nevermeltice/Splash Plate
Ability: Marvel Scale
EVS: SP. A 252 – SP D. 200 – Spe 58
IV: “Outstanding” High SP. D and HP is a must

- Surf
- Ice Beam
- Refresh
- Recover

Single Battle:
Just a tank. STAB Surf and Ice Beam for coverage, Refresh for those icky status disorders (Although If I have Flame Orb, I could possibly replace this). Recover is my recover move. xD

Double Battle:
Its team mate will usually be the Umbreon. Umbreon will support Milotic with Yawn while Milotic uses Ice Beam, then when Umbreon uses Protect, Milotic will use Surf (Unless there is a Pokemon with Water Absorb on the field).

Third Pokémon:
Spr_4p_282.png

Gardevoir @ Mind Plate/Fist Plate
Nature: Timid
EVS: I’m gonna Re EV train the old one using EV reducing berries and give it:
HP 44 - SP. A 224 – Spe 242
IVS: It’s gonna be the one I bred in my current team. :]

- Psychic
- Focus Blast
- Calm Mind
- Healing Wish

Single Battles:
Umbreon is going to Baton Pass the Mean Look and Sleep Status to Gardevoir. Gardevoir can then set up by using Calm Mind a few times. Twice is usually sufficient to OHKO just about anything. Psychic is a good STAB while Focus Blast deals with those pesky Steel/Dark and Normal types for Super Effective damage! When Gardevoir is low on HP, she can use Healing Wish to heal whatever damage/status Umbreon has taken to allow another Mean Look/Yawn set up.

Double Battles:
Generally all it does is attack. Personally I don’t think it should set up with Calm Mind especially if there is a physical threat on the field. Mostly Psychic and Focus Blasts will be used in the double battles.

Fourth Pokémon:
Spr_4d_031.png

Nidoqueen @Black Sludge?
Nature: Adamant
EVS: Att 252 – Spe 138 – Def 120
IVS: “Outstanding” All must be as high as possible. Min 26 Average. None lower than 20.

- Protect
- Ice Punch/Fire Punch/Beat Up/Body Slam (Sorry. I got so confused! xD)
- Superpower
- Earthquake

Single Battles:
Generally it will just be a physical attacker with 3 different types of attacks. Earthquake is for the STAB and works on Nidoqueen’s decent Attack stat. Superpower is a strong fighting type although it does come at a cost of lowered defence and attack. Protect is mainly a filler/staller in single battles.

Double Battles:
This is where Nidoqueen really shines in my opinion. A wide variety of move types and she has Protect in case her team mate needs to use an attack that hits everyone. (Surf, etc etc)

Fifth Pokémon:
Spr_4d_034.png

Nidoking @???
EVS: SP A. 252 – Spe 138 – SP D. 120
IVS: “Outstanding” All must be as high as possible. Min 26 Average. None lower than 20.

- Protect
- Earth Power/Sludge Bomb
- Surf
- Thunderbolt

Single Battles:
It’s a male Nidoqueen. xD Just with special attacks. This set focuses on Nidoking’s not-to-be-sneezed-at special attack stat (Yes. I know it’s lower than his attack stat. No. I’m not changing it for you.). Earth Power or Sludge Bomb work on using Nidoking’s STAB, while Surf and Thunderbolt do some nice damage to a lot of things. Like Nidoqueen, Protect is a filler/stalling move.

Double Battles:
Like Nidoqueen, Nidoking has a lot of options due to having three different type of attacks. Protect also saves getting hit from a team mates attack.

Sixth Pokemon:
Spr_4d_376.png

Metagross @???
Ability: Clear Body
Nature: Adamant
EVS: HP 100 – Att 252 – Def 100 – SP. Att 58
IVS: All must be as high as possible. However Speed doesn’t matter as much.

- Iron Head
- Psychic
- Thunder Punch
- Ice Punch

Single Battles:
It’s generally a physical set, but I put the Psychic move in for STAB Special attacks. Iron Head’s accuracy is a nice bonus over Meteor Mash’s 85% hit rate, and it has a 30% chance to make the opponent flinch. I have Ice Punch and Thunder Punch to deal with those types that resist Steel/Psychic attacks like Skarmory, Starmie and Salamence, while Psychic will mostly be used for Ghosts.

Double Battles:
Boasting some nice attack and defence, Metagross will likely be able to take a few hits before it rolls over and dies from someone’s Fire Blast. But I believe that it can support its team mate enough for them to gang up on other Pokemon and take them down one by one especially with STAB Pyschic and Iron Head.

Leads in Single Battles:
Umbreon. The Mean Look/Yawn/Protect/Baton Pass combo is too good to pass up. It allows for another Pokemon to switch in and set up/devastate the opponents Pokemon.

Leads in Double Battles:
Either:
Nidoqueen and Nidoking:
With a huge move pool together of up to 6 different types, plus both of them have Protect, so they can do a lot of damage. Nidoqueen’s attack and Nidoking’s Special attack are almost equal, which is why Nidoking has the special attacks. Nidoqueen’s STAB Earthquake can be nullified by Nidoking’s Protect, while Nidoking’s Surf can be nullified by Nidoqueen’s Protect.
Protect can essentially waste an opponents turn if done right.

Umbreon and Milotic:
Umbreon supports Milotic with Yawn, while Milotic uses Ice Beam/Surf/whatever. I sorta went through this while rambling on about how good Milotic is. xD

Ahh...

So that’s it.

You don’t need to give suggestions for the first team, but just give it a rating at the moment.

But please rip my second team to shreds with constructive criticism please. And all suggestions are greatly appreciated!

Thanks very much for taking the time and effort to read through my scrawl/badly structured paragraphs to rate my team! :D

Edit: Credit to Bulbapedia for the Pokemon game sprites. -_-'

Elementer

Sword&Element Master
Um........ ok

First of all Metagross @ Choice Band. Um........ not Iron Head- Bullet Punch or of course, meteor mash. Psychic?? No. Zen Headbutt. Psychic sucks on Metagross especially with sky high attack like that. Generally Z.Headbutt is not even that good, but bah. Choose it if you want though theres other moves too. Ice Punch or Thunder Punch? Probably Ice Punch, and replace T.Punch with Earthquake.

You know, I suggest you look at some of their stats before choosing the stats. That can help you for later.

Nidoking would work better as a mixed sweeper, but seeing your defiance (woah) XD I'll let it go. Life Orb will work good on it.

You want Flame Orb on MIliotic, so get rid of Refresh and instead put hypnosis.

You know, I recommend Speed on Meta, since it IS important unless you choose Bullet Punch, so you probably want to put that.

Umbreon is OK, I guess

Beat up is not recommended for Nidoqueen, try other things.

I'll be back, I really need to go somewhere.

Good Luck!