• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Aesthetics, anyone? (Steampunk, Cottagecore, etc.)

Italianbaptist

Informed Casual
I've been seeing a lot of posts about this kind of thing on the internet lately and it intrigues me. It's even hard to find a particular definition but hopefully this helps from Aesthetics Wiki: The short answer: A collection of visual schema that creates a "mood." Following that definition, the primary means of application I've seen are clothes, interior design and music; but I'm sure there's aspects I'm missing.

One of the big ones that's been making the rounds that appeals to me is Dark Academia since my color scheme is already similar to it - browns, blacks, and for me burgundy and various shades of green. Another one that's a little more obscure but looks fun is "Hobbitcore".

Ultimately, I'm not sure I could completely buy into it, especially since this trend is relatively recent and seems to be more of a Gen Z thing. I'm definitely not planning on sharing my findings on TikTok since I refuse to get one lol. But I am curious if any of y'all have heard of or considered it. Maybe there's a Pokemon aesthetic I could incorporate some things from :)

Missingno.Fan

I’ve been getting into aesthetics lately. My favorite is ethereal, but I also like Kidcore and liminal space (is that considered an aesthetic)?

Do people post this stuff on Tik Tok? Tik Tok was literally the point in my life where I decided that I was old. I was going to start a Pinterest account for this.

Italianbaptist

Informed Casual
Liminal space has its own page on the aesthetics wiki so I guess so, though they say not everything related to the aesthetic actually qualifies under the definition. It’s more the feeling that you get from liminal space (a large, empty area, almost abandoned in feel) than the space itself.

Should’ve mentioned Pinterest too; there’s a lot of activity on there for sure.