• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Afro Samurai coming soon!

Status
Not open for further replies.
http://tv.ign.com/articles/720/720468p1.html

Yikes.

According to sources, it's a 5 episode OVA that costs over 1 mil per episode.

And yes, it features voice talent such as Samuel "Mother ******" Jackson, and music from such artists as RZA.

Hopefully, there'll be some planes and snakes involved, as well.

Catalyst

Aim for the Top.
This has -got- to be good, Gonzo Digimation animation, voice talent from Jackson, music from legends, 1 million animation, I'm looking forward to this.

Xeice

At your expense
AndrewWonderful said:

Good thing it's not real, just anime. Because nobody wants to be stuck with......SNAKES ON A PLANE!!!! *Ha Ha*

For their sake, it better be good. As much money as their putting on it, they can't afford to lose.

HK

Radiance of Shadows
AndrewWonderful said:
http://tv.ign.com/articles/720/720468p1.html

Yikes.

According to sources, it's a 5 episode OVA that costs over 1 mil per episode.

And yes, it features voice talent such as Samuel "Mother ******" Jackson, and music from such artists as RZA.

This is what all traditional shounen anime/manga aspire to, but can never get. Well, except for maybe Tenjho Tenge, but that only concerns the manga with Oh! Great's art.

Am I the only one that, despite this specific example in some ways, is glad about the recent branching between Japan and the United States when it comes to anime? I mean sure, I don't think that this series is meant to be taken as the next Cowboy Bebop when it comes to mixing "cool" elements, sophisticated storytelling, and emotional meaning, and there will be some hits and misses (think along the lines of Gun X Sword), but this is something that is quite promising.

I plan on checking it out just because I don't think that the premise (or advertising, for that matter) is as ridiculous as Jackson's upcoming role in Snakes on a Plane... Then again, I plan on checking that out, so...

WheelerTheViper

Procrastinate Today!
I honestly did not know this was an anime. It seems..weird, I'll check it out. Maybe I should have went to see the preview at Comic Con....

Is this going to be on TV, or DVD?

SPIKE06

spike tv at the end of fall i think i might check it out

Chris

Old Coot
I ****ing hate you for making me think BattleFranky came back. What the HELL are you doing bumping a 4 year old thread?

Status
Not open for further replies.