• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Afro Samurai - Samuel L. Jackson in anime?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anime News Network said:
Funimation Acquires Afro Samurai (2006-02-27 11:34:33)
Funimation has announced that it has acquired the rights to Afro Samurai. The Gonzo mini-series, which is set to premiere on Spike TV later this year, features Samuel L. Jackson is the voice of the lead character, Afro. Funimation's DVD release is expected for early next year.
I know this news is a little old, but I thought it was interesting enough to share. :\

I'm a little "WTFed" at the moment, since Samuel L. Jackson, one "bad ass motherfucker", would do anime. And the concept of this is kinda...strange. It sounds like Samurai Champloo a bit. But a Samurai with an afro? That's just a little too weird, but it could work out if it's done right.

What are your thoughts? Good idea, bad idea?

On another note, there's another news source that says this series is going to have 5 episodes, and it's based off of a manga. Also, someone from another forum I go to said that this series is going to be made for the American audience first, though he didn't state a source about that so I can't confirm it to be true until I see a source. I'll find these news sources ASAP, though.

Kamex

Team Rocket's rockin
I heard about this. I heard they're gonna try five episodes first just to see how people like it, and then they'll make more if people do.

I dunno, it sounds interesting at least. I'll probably try to watch it.

Status
Not open for further replies.