• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

After Halcyon Days (Pokemon Survival Horror, PG-13)

GingerDixie

Hopes and Dreams
Seeing as my last RPG topic didn't really get up off the ground, I'm going to try again with another plot I had in mind, something that might be a bit more flexible than something I'd had written up originally as a story idea. This one would allow more flexibility with the choices of Pokemon you could use as well.

The rules are simple:

1. This RP is Pokemon-centric. No humans or gijinkas. The plot explains this rule in further detail below.

2. Multiple characters are allowed, but make sure you can handle writing more than one.

3. Once you are reserved, the reservation will last a week. If you have not posted at least a WIP by then, your spot will be taken and given to someone else. I am not flexible on this, as I've had problems with activity before. The only way for me to extend your grace period would be if you had a valid excuse for being inactive (i.e. homework, grounding, mid-terms/finals, family emergencies).

4. While language may be an occassional part of this RP, please try to stick to a PG-13 level.

5. No legendaries allowed! Sorry guys, but as legendaries are Pokemon who live in specific areas with specific requirements to even see them, I'm going to save you all the headache and just bar them from being used.

Now, onto the plot:

Plot: The year is 2045, and a freak accident deep within a research laboratory has released a deadly, man-made virus derived from neurotoxic proteins found in Poison-type Pokemon's venom; a virus which had been under development for several years and was initially created to help ease the pain of nerve-damaging diseases, as the particular proteins numbed pain receptors in small concentrations.

The incomplete pathogen was found to be highly transmissible, was asymptomatic in the first few days of infection, lived for days when left on a surface and required only a few minutes of contact with an infected person (or corpse) in order for enough of the particle to cause an infection in a healthy host. Those who contracted the virus were rendered blind, paralyzed, and mute before systemic shutdown claimed their lives, and in a little over half a year, the entire human population had been wiped out completely.

However, Pokemon proved to be much more resistant. Because the virus was derived from Poison-type genes, Poison-types were unaffected, while others could handle very high concentrations of virus before becoming sick, if they succumbed at all. The world of Pokemon remained relatively unscathed, and as Trainers perished their teams were suddenly thrust unwillingly into the world of the wilderness, while those who were already wild emerged from hiding to take advantage of the situation.

It didn't take long before distrust began to form and fights broke out over the remains of the human civilization. Domesticated Pokemon fought hard to protect what remained of their past lives from the wild ones, and those found in urban areas fought to defend what was theirs from the thieves of rougher terrain. And to make matters worse, it seemed that the virus could take control of the brains of dead humans and turn them into undead savages that traveled in small hunting packs, craving the meat of any unfortunate soul who happened to wander into their peripheral. How will these Pokemon learn to adapt to a civilized world gone wild?

Further Information:

About Alliances:

Alliances are the Pokemon your character will tend to trust, based on their personality and on their dex location information. There are two categories of alliances: Historical alliances and terrain alliances. They will be written in the alliance profile line in this order: (Historical Alliance)/(Terrain Alliance)...so if your character is a wild pokemon that lives in previously populated areas, their alliance will be Wild/Urban. The details of each alliance are defined as follows:

Historical Alliances

Trained: Pretty much self explanatory; this Pokemon was under the care of a Trainer for some time before the virus crisis forced them into the wilds. They tend not to trust wild Pokemon and lurk about where humans used to populate, and are typically stronger than wild-allied Pokemon based on how well the Trainer cared for them. They will know the official names of their moves (And even if they had children in the wild, they may teach the moves names to them while they are learning) and tend to use a strategy when battling, though their disadvantage lies in the fact that many believe a real fight is as structured and controlled as a Trainer battle and may follow the turn-based pattern.

Wild: This Pokemon was never caught and trained, and has lived wild for their entire lives. While they are at a disadvantage tending to be weaker than trained Pokemon, they fight dirty, unfairly, and to the death depending on the situation. They can and will take advantage of a trained Pokemon who is used to turn-based battles and healing items, and tend only to trust members of their own species or other wild-types.

Terrain Alliances:

Urban: This is a Pokemon whose dex info states that they live in cities or, at the very least, human-populated areas. They are most at home surrounded by concrete and glass and tend not to venture into forested areas; instead preferring to make their nests out of the newly-abandoned homes and buildings. They may know how to use synthetic healing items, but will not be able to tell the differences between berries (especially if they fall into the wild category as well), thus limiting their abilities to whatever can be found in abandoned stores and Pokemon centers.

Terran: This is a Pokemon whose dex info states that they live in the wild, usually far away from human civilization. Depending on the type of wilderness they are adapted to, a Terran Pokemon tends to be very good with camoflauge and navigation, and often uses natural healing berries to their advantage while avoiding ones that tend to be poisonous to eat or use. They may misunderstand the purpose of man-made items and misuse certain things, but synthetic healing items are understood to be better than berries and a select few may be brave enough to venture into the cities to steal them.

Rules for Shinies:

Shiny pokemon are very rare, so let's keep it that way. While shinies will be allowed, please don't make it so that every other character is one. Also, be aware that a shiny Pokemon may be at a disadvantage as they will be more recognizable than a normal Pokemon.

The Natural Moveset Rule:

This rule states that the four-move set is a human invention and disappears once a Pokemon is no longer under human control, and while a Pokemon may recall any move from memory, the quality of the move depends on how recently the Pokemon used it. Therefore, the four moves a trained Pokemon used with a trainer will probably be the four strongest moves it knows, and will tend to favor those four. The same goes for wild Pokemon, though their four strongest moves will most often be moves suited to helping their survival.

Character Sign-Up Sheet:

Name: (What is this Pokemon's name? Trained Pokemon may keep human nicknames or choose to go only by their species name, wild ones may have individual names to tell each other apart.)

Species: (Who's that Pokemon?)

Alliance: (See the information about alliances above.)

Description: (At least one paragraph required. Pictures are optional.)

Biography: (What was this Pokemon's life like before and after the human extinction?)

Personality: (What is this Pokemon like? Do they get along well with others?)

Accepted/Reserves:

Amaroq - Reserved
ger9119 - Approved: Ambrose the Mightyena
Keldminrachi91 - Possible reserve?

Three spots of six are avaliable, if there is enough interest I will open it to eight and ten, depending on the level. Remember my activity rule!

Last edited:

Amaroq

Well, I have to say that I'm highly interested. Do you mind if I put in a reservation? I should have an app done some time tonight.

GingerDixie

Hopes and Dreams
Sure! I'll mark you down.

Keldminrachi91

Just call me Cooki
Hey, I'm sorry your last one didn't work out too well. :( It seemed like a good idea. And the funny thing is, I was just about to turn in my SU for it, and then I saw you made a new one XP. Sorry I didn't quite make the deadline, my Spanish teacher likes to make us write out fifty words three times each for homework, and don't even get me started on Civics! XP Anyways, are we allowed to post WIPs, even without a reserve. Unless there's an open spot, I don't really want one, since I may forget about it, and I'd rather someone else get the spot if I get swabbed with homework. Also, one final thing, I'm just wondering how you're going to get us all together once the RP starts. Since in the bio's, the Pokemon will probably be from all over the place, but if that's part of the plot for something to drive us together (to interact, etc, not necessarily fight), then that's fine too. ;)

GingerDixie

Hopes and Dreams
Hey, I'm sorry your last one didn't work out too well. :( It seemed like a good idea. And the funny thing is, I was just about to turn in my SU for it, and then I saw you made a new one XP. Sorry I didn't quite make the deadline, my Spanish teacher likes to make us write out fifty words three times each for homework, and don't even get me started on Civics! XP Anyways, are we allowed to post WIPs, even without a reserve. Unless there's an open spot, I don't really want one, since I may forget about it, and I'd rather someone else get the spot if I get swabbed with homework. Also, one final thing, I'm just wondering how you're going to get us all together once the RP starts. Since in the bio's, the Pokemon will probably be from all over the place, but if that's part of the plot for something to drive us together (to interact, etc, not necessarily fight), then that's fine too. ;)

Homework is a perfectly valid excuse for not being active, I just wish I would have known that at the time. If you want, you can still post your sign-up in my other RP, but the main reason that one didn't go over well was because it seemed you were the only one who was interested. No one else asked for a reserve, but I'm going to give it a couple more weeks before I ask a mod to close it, and if it's just you and me, so be it.

Back on the subject of this RP. I've already ran this plot on another site before, and what we did there is that upon starting, all of the characters had already congregated around the outskirts of a randomly-chosen city (in this version, the city was Mauville, but it doesn't have to be that. I'll just need a little help knowing what the terrain is like outside of any city beyond 3rd Gen as I haven't played any 4th, 5th, or 6th gen games myself.) How and why your Pokemon came to this particular place is entirely up to you, as I believe location is fluid and any Pokemon can be found in any region provided the type of terrain they live in matches their dex information; it just so happens that certain Pokemon will be more common in certain areas than in others (for example, 1st gen Pokemon will be the most abundant in Kanto, 2nd gen Pokemon most abundant in Johto, and so on and so forth. Keep in mind that as far as I know, Pokemon like Pikachu are found literally everywhere). Note that if your Pokemon is trained, you can make the excuse that they were traveling with their Trainer when the virus hit and had to be released into a strange land if you so choose.

ger9119

Name: Ambrose

Species: Mightyena

Alliance: Wild/Terran

Description: Ambrose is bigger than most Mightyena at almost 3.5 feet tall and weighing in close to 100 pounds. His fur is dark black and is longer than most because lack of grooming, instead of the normal silver looking underbelly it's much more like a very dark grey. His eyes are a dark crimson and show years of brutal encounters with other packs and from structure battles within his own pack. His face is filled with cuts that have healed over the years showing how battle tested he has been leading most pokemon to stay away from him in fear. Lastly part of his left ear was torn off in a fight with a rival Mightyena.

Biography: (What was this Pokemon's life like before and after the human extinction?) Ambrose's life before the extiniction was one filled with constant fighting. He was a leader of a pack of Mightyena and Poochyena so mostly everyday there was fights with rival packs or trying to avoid humans as much as possible for fear of being captured. Some battles between packs got especially violent leaving some Mightyena seriously wounded this is what pretty much made Ambrose the pokemon he is today was these violent battles where he strived at showing no mercy against his opponents. Soon his pack was limited in combat due to trainer captures among other inner pack conflicts this made Ambrose do even more for his pack and defended them with his life to the point in some fight he was taking on multiple opponents at once.

Then the extinction hit and everything changed for Ambrose, at first his pack thrived even though they were smaller than before the numbers helped them against other pokemon as Ambrose took almost a bandit approach and took everything his pack needed by force. After a raid Ambrose and his pack were resting in a field not worrying about anything because what could stop his pack at this point right when Ambrose started to fall asleep he heard a low pitch growing sound and it looked like a horde of humans stumbled upon his location. Ambrose howled loudly alerting his pack to the danger at first he was looking for an escape route for his pack but nothing was in site. For the first time in his life the emotion of fear struck him as he heistated his pack was then attacked by these humans, with all his might Ambrose tryed to save them but he couldn't his heistation cost him the only thing he loved which was his pack. Hearing the crys of his packmates haunts Ambrose as he struggles to survive by himself he has became a shell of his old self.

Personality: Ambrose is a very serious , no fun kind of Pokemon. Ambrose is also a very cruel and violent pokemon especially in times like this where he will do anything to stay alive he's also very smart and does well in planning raids and other day to day missions, he can't get along with other pokemon well even though he wants to be apart of a group again he just can't trust others along with the fear of losing pokemon he gets close to again. The crys of his packmates haunt him and when he sees humans it gives him flashbacks of what happened in the field it's almost like he freezes in fear.

GingerDixie

Hopes and Dreams
Aside from a few punctuation and spelling errors, looks good to me. I'm not going to split hairs; just be sure to keep an eye on it when the time comes for the RP to start.

That being said, approved!

Amaroq

Oh, other than Shiny... Are the limitations on what Pokemon you will allow?

GingerDixie

Hopes and Dreams
You can have any Pokemon you want from Gens 1-6 as long as they are not legendary.

Amaroq

Alright. I didn't recall reading it and it just popped into my head, so-- Yeah, wanted to clarify. xD

GingerDixie

Hopes and Dreams
Not a problem! I should probably put the no-legendary rule up there...gotta keep tabs on these because I'm running another RP on another site that does allow them, and I don't want to confuse it with this one.

Amaroq

Oh, really?