• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

After some people watched It's Still Rocket Roll To Me!...

...They complained about the rocket launch,and stuff.

...The hell?

The Big Al

I just keeping Octo
Everyone's favorite nitpicker said:
[Shuttle Rant]Whoever wrote this must never have seen a shuttle launch. They had the boosters coming off too early and the fuel tank way too early. The Shuttle is practically in orbit well the fuel tank is released. They also neglected the roll the shuttle does while climbing. I'd also like to mention that a few Baltoy could not hope to create enough Psychic force to slow down, let alone stop the shuttle in its tracks.

They should have let them get into space and have Tate show TR who's boss because he'd been trained in Zero Gravity and Team Rocket closest encounter with ZG is being blasted off. Not to mention Cacnea and Seviper would be useless in orbit.

Another issue I had was the shuttle landing. The shuttle is incapable of much manuevering at all, let alone a high degree bank especially with the engines on. The shuttle would have been torn to pieces by the G forces. Yet Max and Tate weren't even the least but woozy. Not mention they'd need a run from New York to London to land the shuttle hot like that. Which is why the emergancy landing sights get farther from the shuttle as it climbs to allow it to decelerate to the point that could land on the runway. The Space Sbuttle is not an F-14 yet they treated it as such in this episode.[/Shuttle Rant]
Because I wrote this critism of the shuttle launch and basically pointed out all the faults with the launch in terms of physics and procedures.

Devilrose

Super Coordinator
The launch could have been worse...they could have went with the typical accidental launch...you know the one I'm talking about right?

"Oooh! Lunch! Good! I'm hungry!" *idiot pushes button, rocket launches*

The Big Al

I just keeping Octo
That would be funny. However this launch was just written so poorly.

G

Geki

Whatever, I don't know why people complain about dumb **** like this...

Jesse GS the II

I was frozen today!
It's hardly dumb. People just want accuracy in the show. Though to counter this argument, I must recite everyone's favorite line from the "Mystery Science Theater 3000" theme song...

If you're wondering how he eats and breathes
And other science facts (la la la)
Just repeat to yourself "It's just a show,
I should really just relax..."

The Big Al

I just keeping Octo
It's time like this I wish I kept my mouth shut. :(

RaikousThunder

Poison Tail!!
My mom was watching that episode with me and she thought it was funny the runway led straight into a building. If the shuttle didnt stop when it did, boom, bye bye building. Yeah the shuttle launch looked kind of crappy but it is pokemon after all, crazy/stupid things happen all the time.

Kamex

Team Rocket's rockin
The mistakes in the rocket launch aren't something to get all bent out of shape about, but there's nothing wrong with questioning it. Shouldn't have been too hard to get someone who knew a lot about this kind of thing to help the writers and the animators get it right.

SBaby

Dungeon Master
You forgot to take one thing into account, regarding the launch. And this is something that's been shown time and time again. Pokemon defies ALL laws of physics.

Lizards breathing fire, mice shooting thunderbolts out of their cheeks, turtles with gigantic water cannons mounted to their shells, creatures capable of wiping out all life on the planet, the list goes on... Yeah, that's all easy to explain.

Plus, there's no distinct evidence that the world of Pokemon is physically the same as Earth. Actually, it ISN'T Earth at all. They've NEVER called it 'Earth'. Maybe the Stratosphere is closer, who knows? Maybe humans are built differently there and are able to live in harsher conditions.

That explains the sheer amount of Pokemon Trainers in the world. In fact, I once read a topic regarding the ages of the characters and one person said that there's no evidence that they (the people of the Pokemon world) have the same life span as us (Earthlings/humans). They could very well live longer than us.

I'm not directing this at anyone in particular, lord knows I've read more than one topic regarding this. All I'm saying is look at the bigger picture before making claims like that. How much of the rest of Pokemon doesn't make sense?

Kamex

Team Rocket's rockin
SBaby said:
You forgot to take one thing into account, regarding the launch. And this is something that's been shown time and time again. Pokemon defies ALL laws of physics.

Lizards breathing fire, mice shooting thunderbolts out of their cheeks, turtles with gigantic water cannons mounted to their shells, creatures capable of wiping out all life on the planet, the list goes on... Yeah, that's all easy to explain.

Plus, there's no distinct evidence that the world of Pokemon is physically the same as Earth. Actually, it ISN'T Earth at all. They've NEVER called it 'Earth'. Maybe the Stratosphere is closer, who knows? Maybe humans are built differently there and are able to live in harsher conditions.

That explains the sheer amount of Pokemon Trainers in the world. In fact, I once read a topic regarding the ages of the characters and one person said that there's no evidence that they (the people of the Pokemon world) have the same life span as us (Earthlings/humans). They could very well live longer than us.

I'm not directing this at anyone in particular, lord knows I've read more than one topic regarding this. All I'm saying is look at the bigger picture before making claims like that. How much of the rest of Pokemon doesn't make sense?
Yeah, but do you really think, in the rocket episode's case, that the writers did all of this on purpose? I mean, all of the Pokemon having dream-like abilities was done purposefully, in the understanding that it wasn't normally possible (and the humans having exceptional skills and whatnot didn't seem like much the writers gave thought, anyway). So I'd agree with you IF I believed the writers did all this stuff on purpose, but there's no reason for them to. They were obviously just simple errors.

Jesse GS the II

I was frozen today!
It's quite simple. Nobody at Shogakukan actually knew how to illustrate a rocket launch right down to the tiniest detail, so they just fudged it a little under the natural assumption that nobody was going to care. I'm pretty sure that, in Japan, "Pocket Monsters" doesn't have a rabid, nitpicky fanbase like it does in America. Over there, they're just entertained by the show, whereas we analyze everything to death.

And if you don't wanna buy that, look at it this way - this show is filled with various impossible mechas and machines. Who's to say that the anime's universe, with all its physics-defying machinery, doesn't have rockets that work a little differently than they do in real life?