• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

After the N arc... (what do you think should be the storyline plot?)

Status
Not open for further replies.

ConUxie223

Kalos Trap Queen
Do you mean that you think the Episode N saga is a arc like what the tournaments and league had been? Or do you really think we wont just have something in-between the Team Plasma/Team Rocket episodes? I could see WT's throughout the Episode N saga but not after seeing how after it ends its most likely on to Generation 6.

Kall El

..Silence..
There may have not been any hints for Gen 6th so far but I expect that we'll be getting them in the upcoming week/s.
Have you ever wondered why this gen has been so fast paced? The release of Genesect, Meloetta and Keldeo was blatantly rushed and at this rate we could and probably will be seeing a new game/gen coming soon. With a new generation means a new saga for the anime so I'd expect there to be a filler saga (a short one even by BW standards) and then back to Kanto and forward to his next adventure ala Gen 6th region. Honesty not even going to lie, the mystery and possibilities excite me even more then just before the reveal of Gen 5 and BestWishes!

nuzamaki90

I could see this saga lasting for a good 6 or 8 months, so if anything was to happen in 2014, anime wise, I guess Ash doing something related to Black City and White Forest.

Hell, maybe the writers can throw in a World Tournament, we got a 2 year wait before 6th gen comes in so lol why not?

Kall El

..Silence..
I don't want to get off-topic here but in response to your statement, what makes you think that we won't get 6th gen in the next year?
Historically it would make sense because we generally get a new generation every 4-ish years and it hasn't even been 3 years this gen.
But that's not as relevant as it would have been in the past. I think we'll get gen 6th next year (Japan) and everyone else late 2013/early 2014.
Why? Simply because it's as clear as water that Gamefreak has been rushing this generation to get on to the 3DS.
They released BW2 rather early (Summer as opposed to the recent trend of Sept/Oct etc). And then the sudden releases of Genesect, Meloetta and Keldeo and with Genesect being revealed a whole year before the release of the Genesect-dedicated movie which comes next year.
It's been way too long since the 3DS has been released and you can tell that they are rushing themselves for a mainseries release on the latest handheld. And with the new movie coming out one can expect or hope to see hints of a gen 6th poke. You should read the article on Pokebeach around a week ago, it gives great insight.

I've gone HORRIBLY off-topic so in relation to the anime I think that.. firstly, the 16th movie will have a new reveal and this could tie in with Ash and co. learning of unknown pokes and there could be some mention of their native region..
With regards to the anime I think the N arc may last around for some time..not too long just a little longer then we expect OR a possible filler saga that's somewhat similiar to the Orange Islands..Then Ash goes back to Kanto and Oaks his pokes and then sets off to the new region where he's seen this new pokemon/s..I don't expect there to be any new pokes in the Unova league..After battling Kotetsu and if he does win (IF) then he battles and definetly loses to Virgil with his Eeveeloutions. So I find it hard to see a Blaziken being pulled on us which leaves movie 16 or maybe the filler saga (if there is one) after N's arc where we may see a pre-evo of something or just some new pokemon..in other words the filler saga or the N arc will be the bridge/platform to Ash's new journey and whatever newness of Gen 6 that Gamefreak will kindly treat us with :]]

LizardonX

Banned
Generation 6 of course. all the world tournament coughwatercup suggestions are nothing more than wishful thinking on the part of misty fans
anyways. I hate to be pessimistic but not happening.

pokemon fan 132

After N arc assuming there is enough time left for it, i would like to see writers expanding on whole world tournament thing not stopping just on Junior Cup. Junior Cup hardly felt like something you could call world tournament having very small organization for event which is supposed to be on global basis. There were basically no trainers from other regions and whole name of it implies how there might be more tournaments in future.
It would be great having them create several smaller tournaments host by Cynthia in which Ash could participate and fill up time with something before new games come out. Like Senior Cup, Champion Cup etc. offering enough material to support filler arc through some concrete plot going on.

As for older characters, i would like now that Dawn return finished writers continuing in that direction bringing some other popular faces back in third year of BW;like Brock and Misty .

They could in case of full PWT adaptation be among first choices as iconic and important enough to warrant return for advertizing purposes (they are after all part of it) and to serve as link to past providing continuity. And to potentially advance their own storyline, especially in Misty case. Logically traveling to Unova or through Kanto to compete in PWT would make sense helping her to climb up as trainer by improving skills and learning new things from best advancing dream of becoming water master , with BW2 providing outlet through which she can become important to story again.

This is what I really want. Especially since I want to see Misty again.

I believe most people in here would like that, but sadly desire often doesn't meet reality. Either way it would be great to have Misty back knowing how to spice up atmosphere and get some update on her story. She could certainly use more development having several unresolved things going for her.

Pepsi_Plunge

Dojyaaa~~aan
You want to see him get all of the Kanto badges again?

Does he need to get them again? I'm not sure.

But yes unlike Cyber who flips opinion in every league and acts like he knew it all along(when he eventually is porven wrong), I do think Satoshi will win a league when he goes back to Kanto and enters the Indigo league again.

Last edited:

Groundedshock

Effective on ground
Does he need to get them again? I'm not sure.

But yes unlike Cyber who flips opinion in every league, I do think Satoshi will win a league when he goes back to Kanto and enters the Indigo league again.

I just want him to win something...... Seriously.

I am guessing the audience had all of Ash's Sinnoh accomplishments at the beginning to remind old fans of the things he won so he does not need win more for other character's "development" but how is the newer and younger audience supposed to know that?

On Topic: Something interseting for the Unova N arc please.

Caseydia

Ace Trainer
So it looks like the hype of the Unova league leads to defeat for our Ash and hes on his way to White Ruins, where Reshiram is said to be. After all the many side episodes that will surely entertain us what then?
Ash is bound to return to Kanto right? Or is there another orange islands type scenario (most peeps say black tower is a possible option).
Whatever happens a 6 Gen is yet to be announced or any clue of any (as far as I know).

If there was to be one though id dont think id be alone in saying ash needs to reach the finals and win (i mean if he got to finals and lost- unless it was a good match id be a pretty unhappy bunny)

Also I would like to finally get to learn more about ash's father (its not important but could add many some insight into Ash's past and skill?). Id love a father vs son gym battle of even for his dad to be a champion of a region?!
Something to debate would be if ash got a rematch with Tobias and won (maybe Tobias is a frontier brain or perhaps gets accepted as a new Elite Four member and then gets knocked off his pedestal hehe).

Theres many outcomes but of course we all hope for one (Ash becoming a pokemon master). - Unless they pull a Brock effect on Ash and he decides to pursue something else lol ><

Ash's father? What would that have anything to do with anything? I would think something like that could happen once he's back home or gotten out of Unova. And as far as Tobais is concerned just like the other league rivals, I don't think we'll see him again.

Eievui-Nymphia

XY, gen of dreams.
Exist so many evidences of Gen VI coming: the 3DS is waiting for GameFreak games for quite some time (the main reason). Also from the anime canon, evidences that this generation will be short exist almost since the very beginning. The start of N's arc (read: a not too long arc) increases the possibilkity of new gen (and new series) next year:

We know that exist only 2 reason to have doubts of Gen VI coming next year: Economy and development delays. In both cases, we shouldn't expect any games until then.

The anime will follow GameFreak planned release schedule (like always). And I don't see Gen V anime with Gen VI games release. (To be more eact, I see more of the contrary like GS) and if eist the situation will be only one/two episodes (and we know that are from sport/special news/etc.)

With that, and because I expect Gen V lasting less than a year:

Next gen discussion aren't allowed.

I think that these things could/will (variable) happen after the N's arc:
-Episode where Iris will become Opelucid Gym Leader. Iris leaves and Aew evolves.
-Episode where Cilan decide to stay with Ash/leave to be what the writers want.
-Episode where Ash will go through Juniper's Lab and Ash will transport his toher pokemon to Kanto. Possible Ash vs Bianca.
Oh, well, we need 3 episode to wrap-up the arc. But that will be three episode is anywhere guaranteed.

If there's some time:
-Brock's cameo. Although that can happen in the middle of N's arc.
-A last Tournament: it's a very acceptable option. Although that could be before the climax of N's arc.
-A Gen VI capture or a Gen VI related capture.

And I don't see neither a OI-type saga and I don't see other saga after the N's arc. Also, I don't see Ash re-enter a League and having a Champions League* and having a PWT-arc like I predicted before**.

*I'm too optimistc about that the Unova Elite 4 will have a "big" role in the N's arc.
** I see a PWT Tournaments during the N's arc if they adapt Colress tournament (in a way).

Last edited:

Primepokey

Ash's father? What would that have anything to do with anything? I would think something like that could happen once he's back home or gotten out of Unova. And as far as Tobais is concerned just like the other league rivals, I don't think we'll see him again.

Well I personally feel it could be an interesting storyline (yes it has nothing to do with anything and i realise the writers wrote him off after only one mention during the whole anime) but if it could add another dimension to the series, A father VS son finale would be a interesting end to a series/story.

I agree that Tobias will be another rival long forgotten, but we know virtually nothing about the guy other than he proberly had a team full of legendary's lol, It would be of interest to me personally to discover where/how he got those pokemon (he seems like a frontier brain type no??).

Midnightmoon6o2

"Tougher than you."
N arc hasn't even aired and here we are talking about what till happen after it. Isn't it a little early to be talking about this?

Anyway my wild rough guess is that another tournament would happen in Kanto or Gen 6 will start. Black Tower could be a exception too. There are many ideas that the arc after N could be about.

Encyclopika

The Queen
This is like speculating for gen 6 - can we please do it when we actually get some info? Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.