• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

After this Pandemic is over, what will you do first?

AznKei

Dawn & Chloe by ddangbi
Soul Calibur 2 3, Initial D v 2-3 was my weakness back in the day. I continued to IDV4 and Maximum tune 3 or 4 and made the jump to MT5 as no new initial D games were brought after v4 didnt do so well. I did take a 2-4 yr break from the arcades but they roped me back in... i only wanted to drop by to remember some memories but found myself in the thick of it again...now i also play Arkanoid 2 the Revenge of Doh. Its an infuriating game, i want to smash the screen but I still want to play it and it's so much fun. I tried the guitar hero and was ok but only liked 2-3 songs. I can't for the life of me do the DDR games or rhythm games...

There is only 1 real arcade left now but a movie theater still has a double cab initial d v3. I think there is a barcaden but I'm not into the bar scene. May God pray on my wallet if by some chance one retro game they get is the Crazy Taxi car game...
Yeah. I remembered arcades were more competitive when there's fighting games like Soul Calibur 2. Marvel vs Capcom 2 & Capcom vs SNK 2, but with the network connections being more advanced, people are playing them online on video game consoles and PC unfortunately.

Initial D and Maximum Tune were still competitive but after losing arcades in densely populated areas like downtown, other arcades becomes more family focused because no competitive players would like to go to less populated areas or the suburbs.

The arcade dance game in question is Pump It Up in which before the pandemic there's only 2 locations in the Montreal area and were the most recent version. There's alot of places with Dance Dance Revolution machines but those are very old like in 2005 and the step panels are busted up.

I still think the arcade dancing games had a better sex ratio for the players. You don't really see girls playing arcade racing or fighting games competitively.

nel3

Crimson Dragon
Yeah. I remembered arcades were more competitive when there's fighting games like Soul Calibur 2. Marvel vs Capcom 2 & Capcom vs SNK 2, but with the network connections being more advanced, people are playing them online on video game consoles and PC unfortunately.

Initial D and Maximum Tune were still competitive but after losing arcades in densely populated areas like downtown, other arcades becomes more family focused because no competitive players would like to go to less populated areas or the suburbs.

The arcade dance game in question is Pump It Up in which before the pandemic there's only 2 locations in the Montreal area and were the most recent version. There's alot of places with Dance Dance Revolution machines but those are very old like in 2005 and the step panels are busted up.

I still think the arcade dancing games had a better sex ratio for the players. You don't really see girls playing arcade racing or fighting games competitively.
yeah its a shame, the only arcade in Montreal has moved from downtown to Laval ie amusement 2000-> amusement 2020. the old forum tuned into a bar/bowling alley. one thing from MT did carry over to the new location: DOM (corvette ZR1) the guy that "challenges" guest players with full tune cars... he lets them get 2000-3000m ahead and then just blasts by them in the last quarter distance. he also "mis clicks" on challenging guest cars trying to pass it of as a honest mistake as it he was just trying to do TA/ghost or story mode. he apparently is a bit creepy to boot.

there are a few girls that i saw playing MT series, enough to count on 1 hand that had serious full tune cars. Atlas amusement used to have arcades in the day but they went VLT only after moving out of the mall. i remember 1 time where i went to the arcades saying i was just going to the mall, i want playing IDv3 and the cabs were by the glass wall on that wing of the mall. my father saw me there and caught me by surprise while playing. i spent untold $$ on ID and SC games i dont dare count it. i took down the soul domination mode of SC3 where you try to have the highest ranking for each individual character. only 1 1st place per character but anyone can make a contender and challenge up or take down higher accts. i took 2 characters to lvl999. i remember a arcade in Kahnawake that had SC2 around 15yrs ago or so but they probably converted the other half to match the other side ie bar/billiards. i think i might not know 2-3 old arcade areas from back in the day but i knew where most were. the old forum has/had a few cabs on the lowest floor (havent been there lately at all) but the arcade (havent been there lately at all) on the highest level of the building has none now.

LOL so theres my spiel/rant about arcades, i kinda have a good knowledge and enthusiasm for such businesses... when i went to Japan i sure as heck hit up the arcades but i missed out on some iconic ones the 2 Mikado locations and that arcade area meant to look like a slum city. i even went to Joypolis in Odaiba to try the full size ID race car setup only to find it closed and repurposed that attraction a few days before i arrive in Japan.............. i did hit up Round 1 behind the Unicorn Gundam :)

Last edited:

ChampioN One

The chosen One!
Ummm, just follow my regular routine I guess. I used to spend most of my time inside my house even before the pandemic, so I don't think anything is gonna change for me even if the pandemic is over.

Reinhardt

You! Me! Rivals! Yes?
Suppose the biggest thing I want to do after the pandemic is attend a convention. I've got friends all over the country and haven't been able to see them in roughly two years. For now who knows when those will be up and running again... 2022? 2023?
Where I am, events will be allowed again from May this year, but every convention I follow have either cancelled or pushed back to November/December, which is annoying for me because my job doesn't allow you to book days off in November/December due to the Christmas rush, so if I did want to go to one this year I'd have to arrange a shift-swap with someone, and the lady who handles that kind of thing is not exactly the most reliable person you'll ever meet. I could request it, work something out, have it finalised and approved in writing, and then on the day I could still get a call from the manager like "WHY HAVEN'T YOU TURNED UP FOR WORK!?!?"

EmberFireTrainer

An anomaly
Things are slowly getting back to normal. After the pandemic is over and enough people get vaccinated, I will when it's my turn, I think I will see a play at my 2 local theatre. It's something I've always wanted to do, but never really got the chance. Now, I kind of wish I did because sadly due to the pandemic, both of my local theatres were shut down and still have not reopened. Hopefully both will bounce back after the pandemic.

I'll also go see a movie at a movie theater whenever movie theaters reopen in my area. It's been a long time since I saw a movie in a theater so it would have to be something that really catches my interests! Something with suspense!

Reinhardt

You! Me! Rivals! Yes?
Things are slowly getting back to normal. After the pandemic is over and enough people get vaccinated, I will when it's my turn, I think I will see a play at my 2 local theatre. It's something I've always wanted to do, but never really got the chance. Now, I kind of wish I did because sadly due to the pandemic, both of my local theatres were shut down and still have not reopened. Hopefully both will bounce back after the pandemic.

I'll also go see a movie at a movie theater whenever movie theaters reopen in my area. It's been a long time since I saw a movie in a theater so it would have to be something that really catches my interests! Something with suspense!
I do like theatres, and wouldn't mind going to one again. There is an old-fashioned theatre in my town, but it's in a really awkward place - on a hillside near some farmland on the town's far outskirts - that's a real pain to get to if you don't have a car, so I've never seen any plays there. One of my big goals for 2021 though is to support small, independant businesses like this theatre that have been hit hardest by the lockdowns, and buy less from bigger corporations, so assuming this theatre does re-open, I'll try to make it up there and see a couple of shows.

Theatres and cinemas are scheduled to re-open on 17th May here in the UK, but as far as movies go there's not much I really want to see. Godzilla Vs. Kong was the only movie I was really looking forward to this year, but it's going to be video-on-demand here so I'll probably never be able to see it on a big screen.

EmberFireTrainer

An anomaly
I do like theatres, and wouldn't mind going to one again. There is an old-fashioned theatre in my town, but it's in a really awkward place - on a hillside near some farmland on the town's far outskirts - that's a real pain to get to if you don't have a car, so I've never seen any plays there. One of my big goals for 2021 though is to support small, independant businesses like this theatre that have been hit hardest by the lockdowns, and buy less from bigger corporations, so assuming this theatre does re-open, I'll try to make it up there and see a couple of shows.

Theatres and cinemas are scheduled to re-open on 17th May here in the UK, but as far as movies go there's not much I really want to see. Godzilla Vs. Kong was the only movie I was really looking forward to this year, but it's going to be video-on-demand here so I'll probably never be able to see it on a big screen.
Supporting a local theatre is a great idea! And also something I'd like to do for my local theatre. Also quite a few movies here in the U S. have been / will be released on demand. I think I'd rather see a movie in a theater as I miss actually going to see a movie. With on demand release though, that's hit or miss for me because all I ever use is Netflix. Then there's the DVD releases of course but I'm not into buying movies unless I am throughly interested / enjoyed the movie.

Just human contact and affection. Going to parties, clubs, events, and traveling next!

Satoshi & Touko

Peanuts aren't just a nut.
My “normal” life wasn’t really that much different than the current “pandemic” life, since I for the most part want nothing to do with anyone, so my life changes naturally won’t be all that noticeable.

Captain Jigglypuff

Leader of Jigglypuff Army
I’d like to go to a museum without wearing a mask. And then go to New York to spend Thanksgiving with my sister’s family. Also go back to my martial arts training as I took a year off to regroup my mind and figure some stuff out which happened to be the same time Covid had caused things to shut down. Right now I’m afraid to go back and train so close to others without a mask because I work around vulnerable people inside a nursing home.

Last edited:

xEryChan

Demon Child
My “normal” life wasn’t really that much different than the current “pandemic” life, since I for the most part want nothing to do with anyone, so my life changes naturally won’t be all that noticeable.

Same for me. The only thing is that I have to wear a mask when I go out which is annoying. I still go to work, which is what I was doing before the pandemic even started.

As for what I will do after the pandemic ends, I plan on planning out a trip somewhere but I’m not sure of where yet though. In September, I will have been at my current job for a year already so I will be eligible for a week off then. I plan on using my time off and going somewhere fun.

Coolio35

Well im not a social guy, so it wont make a big diffrence. The only diffrence is that dont have to wear a mask. I will go to restaurants and amusment parks. I'll also plan for travel to Ghana and Australia. Well i decided to do this 2020 but then comes corona. Good i didnt touch my savings.

I care more about the hygiene in my office. So i decided to disinfect me office every week.