• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Afterlife

Katipunero

Eye in the Sky
What do you think will happen when you die?Do you really think that we go to heaven or hell?Or maybe be re-incarnated again?Or we will lose our sence of thought,touch,hear,smell,taste,see,feelings all at the same time while we rot in a graveyard.I'm Catholic so I believe that I'm going to heaven or hell.What's your opinion on this?

swampertlover5712

True Love Never Dies
i dunno what to believe... i mean people say heaven and hell but geez i really cant say.
maybe our spirits just roam the earth, or maybe our souls become part of every living thing... :(

(s.i.e)

★skydragon★
i have no idea, i'm still checking the afterlife catalog, the 78 virgins sounds tempting but i'm not sure if that includes 78 mothers in law or not.

to be honest though i don't worry too much about it, if i die i'll sleep with the maggots.

Lord Scalgon

What title?
Nobody knows. Here's the possibilities from the top of my head:

1) Eternal blackness. (I think this means Atheists)
2) You get sent to a purgatory, and God determines whether you get sent to heaven or hell.
3) Something happens based on your beliefs. (e.g. something with nirvana...though that's Buddhism...I think)
4) If you're Islamic, you're eventually reborn as a different person. (I could've sworn a suicide bomber said this...). I'm not Islamic, and I heard this on the news.

But then again, I could be wrong...I don't even have a perfect answer to this.

Last edited:

Zwitter™

Surhomme
i have no idea, i'm still checking the afterlife catalog, the 78 virgins sounds tempting but i'm not sure if that includes 78 mothers in law or not.

to be honest though i don't worry too much about it, if i die i'll sleep with the maggots.

surely to be a mother in law you would have needed to not be a virgin....

Rheine

Stabby McStabface
4) If you're Islamic, you're eventually reborn as a different person. (I could've sworn a suicide bomber said this...). I'm not Islamic, and I heard this on the news.
I'm a Muslim and I'm almost sure that you're confusing Islam with Buddhism...

Anyway, even though I'm a Muslim, I'm not really a devout one, so my mind occasionally wonders what would happen if my belief is wrong? This also applies to everyone else. To the atheists that when they were alive said 'Nah, there isn't a proof of any kind of god whatsoever', imagine how they felt when -hypothetically- they died and welcomed by divine judgment?
Or if you're a good Catholic, you died and is greeted by Islamic angels or whatever?

Well, for now, I'm still confused of what I should expect afterlife. I mean, if atheism is right, then it's basically...nothing. We don't have consciousness, no senses, no dreams, nothing whatsoever. *shudders*

EDIT: I just realized that my post is too glum and dark, here's an emoticon to bright things up:
(~*3*)~ \(^o^)/

Last edited:

Lord Scalgon

What title?
I'm a Muslim and I'm almost sure that you're confusing Islam with Buddhism...

Well, I'm not religious-savvy...so I don't have much knowledge on religions other than Catholicism. But I'm sure there's someone here who knows more about his/her religion, whether it could be Buddhism, Taoism, etc.

I just abide with the laws of God, since that's the whole point of being a Catholic.

GrizzlyB

Confused and Dazed
Instead of just making stab-in-the-dark speculations, I think we need a volunteer here to die and go see what's really up.

Will-powered Spriter

Pokédex Complete!
There's a debate forum for threads like these to be rejected from.

It's probably like going to sleep. No noe remembers going to sleep, and you only remember your dreams if you wake up during one. You won't know what it's like, because you will have no brain (souls are for losers) to know it.

Last edited:

ShinyPichu4Ever

Eye of the Storm
I don't know and no one alive knows what will really happen when we die

kingferret53

A duel well fought..

First off, how do you know it won't be 78 male virgins? Or virgin dogs? Or whales? Or even if they are woman, that they'll even be pretty?

And second, technically, the maggots don't eat you once you're buried. Grubs and worms do.

Instead of just making stab-in-the-dark speculations, I think we need a volunteer here to die and go see what's really up.

I second that.

Anyway, has anyone here read the "His Dark Materials" trilogy? (The Golden Compass, Subtle Knife, and Amber Spyglass) Yeah, I think it would be something like that.

PsychedelicJellyfish

formerly R. New
I believe that the electrical energy that made up our 'mind' transfers into another form of energy and goes into the universe. However, since it once 'carried' our thoughts, feelings and memories, I like to think that wouldn't change. I'd also like to think that we retain some form of consciousness.

Anyway, has anyone here read the "His Dark Materials" trilogy? (The Golden Compass, Subtle Knife, and Amber Spyglass) Yeah, I think it would be something like that.

Part of my inspiration.

Actually, they're supposed to be eternal virgins. They can never not be virgins, if you know what I mean.

(s.i.e)

★skydragon★
First off, how do you know it won't be 78 male virgins? Or virgin dogs? Or whales? Or even if they are woman, that they'll even be pretty?

a friend of mine used to say that a hole is a hole but to hell with that saying, if it's totaly random then i think i'll pass the virgins and move on to... something else.

And second, technically, the maggots don't eat you once you're buried. Grubs and worms do.

well, maybe i just happen to like to keep a jar of maggots next to me in my coffin you never know>_>

Actually, they're supposed to be eternal virgins. They can never not be virgins, if you know what I mean.

no, they will remain eternal virgins i can garantee you that, i bet not one of them knows about the birds and the bees.

i wonder if afterlife has a kitchen installed?

As a somewhat devout Muslim, I believe that when you die, your good deeds and bad deeds shall be weighed against each other, and that shall decide what will happen to you for eternity...

But that's just me.

i am athiest, or more accurately: I don't belong to any official religeon. I am open to any possibility, and yet i know no-one can be sure.
I am not going to heaven/hell, though i think re-incarnation is most possible. Or we just die and that's the end of it.

Shneak

this is a Nessa x Sonia stan account ✨
I forget this whole series.

Kutie Pie

"It is my destiny."
(Rheine, I must say you're a brave soul where you live. But you're most likely not the only one.)

I believe in an afterlife. I believe you are judged before you go to Heaven or Hell based on your works and faith in this life. We all have a spirit, and thus it will continue to live on the way we've lived, how we thought, et cetera. There are two different places in the spirit world: Spirit Paradise, and Spirit Prison. Spirit Paradise is where someone who has lived at least a terrestial life goes. Spirit Prison is like Hell, only it's not eternal Hell, unless you're a rebellious soul and refuse to accept God. However, instead of playing harps and flying around and all that, spirits in Paradise go and try to bring the lost souls in Prison to Paradise. It's a long, painful process, but it's not impossible to repent after death. There's hope for everyone in there, it's just up to the individual spirit.

After a period of time (how long this is, I'm not sure), we are then judged again and sent to Heaven or Hell where we dwell for all eternity.

And (s.i.e), I hope there's a kitchen as well xD. Me, personally, I want a large library. I want to know the secrets of the universe :3, and to keep myself from growing bored. (Actually, I don't know if it is possible to be bored...)

muumajii23

Hmm... The Afterlife is complicated. We can never really know for certain what exactly will happen. The best thing we can do is take pot shots and hope they are right. As a species, this pisses humans off. A large part of our existence is trying to figure out everything around us, and we can never really know...

Anyways, my view on this is that we just cease to exist. It's not eternal blackness, just nothing. It really is impossible for a human to comprehend this entirely. You, as a thinking person, is just finished. There is no possibility to think past death....

I really hope that made a bit of sense. xD

I'm Catholic, so I believe in Heaven and Hell, but for me, Hell is not like the typical big chamber with flames or Dante's hell, but a dark, gloomy place where you're held all eternity knowing that you'll never see God.

Nothingness is scary.