• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Aftershock

Praxiteles

Friendly POKéMON.
Look: reviews!

duncan said:
Who needs healing, who needs rest, who needs the eternal night to lay them to sleep?
I seriously can't help it. Seriously.

Between TEN and the Garden of Proserpine, eternal night has become part of my daily literary vocabulary.

duncan said:
Just...wow. Easily one of my favorite endings ever, right up there with the ending of AEØN.

Honestly, fantastic job Luphinid. It's been my pleasure reading (I won't say reviewing, as I haven't been successful at that) along with Aftershock every step of the way. It went from what could have been a journeyfic ended up being so much more. You went into the theoretical plane, describing unreal scenes at every step, which never failed to amaze me. You wove such a deep, dark, intricate tale here...I'm almost sad to see it end. What an ending, though...what an ending.

Congratulations my friend. Aftershock can now firmly be placed into the assortment of SPPf legends. Well done.

Well, thank you for the two honours. I had never intended to go as far as the apocalyptic variety of darkfic, but one thing led to another and possibly Luphinid deserved to become the centre of the universe he always imagined himself to be.

Sike Saner said:
I liked the conversation between Luphinid and the dark blood in Resolution 2, as well as the dark blood's role in Resolution 3. That parasite really proved to be a pretty interesting character all its own, I thought.

That was the main seed for Resolution 3. I knew the dark blood would start to enter his mind and take up a firm outpost at that point in the story, so I wondered whether it had anything interesting to say.

Sike Saner said:
I liked the way that the bolded lines and the italicized lines served as counterparts to one another there. ^^

I hope it's clear which aspects of Luphinid's mind the two lines signify?

Sike Saner said:
I have given all my hope to this creation; I have left none to myself.
I liked that line. ^^

This is a direct allusion to part of the early life of Aragorn (from the Lord of the Rings). When he was too young to fend for himself his guardians had named him 'Estel', that is 'Hope', to disguise his true lineage. Before he left home, he carried a conversation with his mother Gilraen in which he tried to assure her that hope still remained. Her response hit me with some strength:

I have given Estel to the Dunedain; I have no hope left for myself.
(Gilraen, by the way, died shortly afterward.) It's in the appendix to one of the editions, and I'd imagine few people would have read it or remembered it.

Obviously, my reference is far less intricate. Even so.

Sike Saner said:
Again, I liked this paragraph, especially with regards to "I end this strange progression". ^^

If anyone intends to read my next chaptered work, (whenever it comes out in the distant future), keep those words in mind. They're important. ;]

Sike Saner said:
I've said it before, and I'll say it again: this story was like nothing else I've ever read before. Congratulations on completing it! ^^

Thanks a lot. This has been quite a ride, and I'm very happy it could end successfully.

Last edited: