• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

AG 186: May vs Drew! Rivals Forever! Speculation Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Havent seen one around so meh.

We know this episode features Drew. And Gary *Las Gasp* is at least mentioned, the first time in the main anime since the episode Gotta Catch Ya Later, But we don't know for sure that Gary is in it, or if he is just refered too.
And Prof.Oak is back.
And its based in Pallet town, after Ash's crushing defeat at the BP.

Go on, Speculate. I dare yah.
X
~Danny~

Last edited:

CyberCubed

Yeah, ok!
Any takers for the May Vs. Drew battle? Choices are either:

A) May wins, Drew goes emo for losing twice in a row
B) Drew wins, May realizes she needs to train harder and not slack off just because she beat him once
C) Team Rocket interrupt the battle before they finish
D) Harley interrupts the battle before they finish
E) They double KO each other

The other part I'm interested about is of course Oak's lab, I wonder what Ash will do when he shakes up his team.

Is Tracey going to be in this ep, I haven't heard anything about him. They are at Oaks lab after all, so unless Tracey is back at Cerulean mopping Gym floors for Misty (what a gentlemen!), he should be there too.

You know how Ash keeps using pokemon that have a type advantage against Regirock and Registeel. Maybe after talking to Oak and Gary, Ash will use a different strategy and think about battle attacks and combos to outwit the opponent (thus my hopes of Donphan battling become true!!!!). Anyway, hopefully May and Drew finish their battle. How many times have we seen TR interupt. I know this isn't the shippers thread but I can tell this episode calls for a May and Drew moment. Seriously, "Rivals Forever," that's got to be important. Is there any chance Delia will show up, btw?

hIrAm

You know how Ash keeps using pokemon that have a type advantage against Regirock and Registeel. Maybe after talking to Oak and Gary, Ash will use a different strategy and think about battle attacks and combos to outwit the opponent (thus my hopes of Donphan battling become true!!!!). Anyway, hopefully May and Drew finish their battle. How many times have we seen TR interupt. I know this isn't the shippers thread but I can tell this episode calls for a May and Drew moment. Seriously, "Rivals Forever," that's got to be important. Is there any chance Delia will show up, btw?

Ofcourse Delia will be there. They're in Pallet Town.

As for the actual speculation, I hope something interesting happens to Ash's line-up. *completely ignoring May and Drew* He has to go back for his seventh symbol, and against Regice, so why not have .. *coughCyndaquilevolvecough* a Fire-type go back with him? :D

As for the May and Drew part, It's just going to be a battle, and nothing more, imo. That, and Drew's career on the show is done, unless he moves on to Shinou, assuming May does aswell.

CyberCubed

Yeah, ok!
It seems to me like "Rivals forever" is about ALL the rivals in this episode, not just May/Drew. Why else would they have Gary, Drew and Harley all show up in the same ep? Methinks the title refers to all of them.

At Oaks, I hope they show the two Bulbasaur again. May hasn't seen her Bulbasaur in a while, and I'm curious as to what its been doing with Ash's Bulba after all this time.

In any case, they seem to be cramming a lot into one episode. Oak, Ash's old Pokemon, Harley, a Drew Vs. May battle, and a possible first mention of Shinou?

Sounds like a sure to be classic episode.

FEZ

It seems to me like "Rivals forever" is about ALL the rivals in this episode, not just May/Drew. Why else would they have Gary, Drew and Harley all show up in the same ep? Methinks the title refers to all of them.

At Oaks, I hope they show the two Bulbasaur again. May hasn't seen her Bulbasaur in a while, and I'm curious as to what its been doing with Ash's Bulba after all this time.

In any case, they seem to be cramming a lot into one episode. Oak, Ash's old Pokemon, Harley, a Drew Vs. May battle, and a possible first mention of Shinou?

Sounds like a sure to be classic episode.

ya know i also wonder what those bulbasaur have been up to hmm...

also does any one know what happend in the preveiw?

JazzJazz

Let's just hope that they pay enough heed to each respective element and not just gloss over some of them.

Maybe after a battle between May and Drew, Harley and Jessie can team up and we'll see another cool battle. Might not happen though.

Korobooshi Kojiro

Funnnngaaaaa
Possibility of Rosureido showing up?

Can't wait too see the previews, sounds like an eventful episode. Hopefully we will get some hints of the future.

Umi Mizuno

☠ one girl army
I have heard from Sushi that the people at PokeAni mention Gary and the words 'gray scene', so it's possible that it's a flashback.

I've seen from Teppo's diary and she says that Drew has a Butterfree (she's only telling by the preview). But both Sushi and I say it's a misleading preview just like some before it.

Korobooshi Kojiro

Funnnngaaaaa
Teppo's Diary? Pm link?

And why would they give Drew a Butterfree when Saori had one....

Unless it's a certain Butterfree....ku ku ku ku....

And I really want Drew to actualy appear!

If a Buterfree appears and it's Ash's then yay. There is hope that Ash's old pokemon may appear! Anyway, is there a link for the preview yet? I'm excited to see what this episode holds (please let Torkoal stay with Ash for a little bit...please!!).

Jonessodaco.Chris

Is Back Finally!
Yah so excited for this episode Yah!!!

My predictions or topics that will happen in the episode is

1)The rivals may and drew will battle and im hoping no offence to May but she loses that way drew can stay.

2)Ash sees his old pokemon something could happen with them maby evolution or get old ones back. Also with ash, gary will talk to him about shinou or somthing to make him go there.

3)Harley will team up with team rocket and try to take out ash, may, drew and all of them, but of course they will lose and be blasted off!!:)

4)But as for characters like brock, misty and max i donno whats going to happen with them. Im hoping brock goes home for a bit and takes some of his old pokemon back and leaves others. Then im hoping max either stays at oaks or goes home to learn more about pokemon and become a trainer. Then im hoping misty joins the group for a bit.

5)As for the bulbasaur thing lol..............who knows maby a baby lol

Lil Brother

Just kinda there.
When I read that, I said "Oooooh!" out loud in a very Japanese Oak kind of way. I had completely forgotten about our love sprouts.

Those two better have had sex. >:O

I really don't think Gary's going to actually be here, maybe Ash will go "Whoo wee, I just realized after all this time that Drew is to May exactly like Gary was to me!" Then everyone else present will think Ash is gay. It will happen, I know it will!

Anyways, I really want to know why Drew and possible Harley are in Pallet Town. Maybe he's staying between travels? I don't remember there being a Pokémon Center in Pallet... Maybe he's having an affair with Delia, possibly a three-way with Oak in it too.

I've gone to Pokemopolis too many times.

Anyone else find it funny that we're getting all this after a few fillers? The events in this episode would probably be told better as a multi-part episode

Last edited:

CyberCubed

Yeah, ok!
I've seen from Teppo's diary and she says that Drew has a Butterfree (she's only telling by the preview). But both Sushi and I say it's a misleading preview just like some before it.

Wow, that'd be crap if it were true. Drew doesn't need any Ash Pokemon, so I hope that's not the case. (And it would be a further insult to the people who want to see Ash's Buttefree again)

We did see Saori with a Butterfree in the GF, maybe Drew has hers for some reason?

dannyphantomhott

Ash fan girl! Cute!
From what I heard Misty's VA won't be in this one so Misty won't be appearing in the episode. Tracey will be in this one, so I can't wait to see him again, maybe replace Brock with Tracey for a bit to give him a break. Ask for May/Drew battle who knows what will happen, I'm hoping they finish the battle and that May wins. And I heard that guy err um what's his name Harley wasn't going to appear in this one, if he does maybe they just say his name and have a flashback of him. Team Rocket will most likely make an enterence, try to steal Profeser Oaks Pokemon, they get blasted off. If Gary comes by it will probaly be just to tell Ash of a new Reigen, Who knows maybe Gary will come back for another season.

Umi Mizuno

☠ one girl army
And I heard that guy err um what's his name Harley wasn't going to appear in this one, if he does maybe they just say his name and have a flashback of him.
. . .

Where exactly did you hear that? I think you messed up Harley with Gary because it was Harley's VA who announced the title of this episode first and what would be the point of telling people about a title that doesn't include the character you're VAing?
Tracey will be in this one, so I can't wait to see him again, maybe replace Brock with Tracey for a bit to give him a break.
Any proof of Tracey actually showing up?

dannyphantomhott

Ash fan girl! Cute!
. . .

Where exactly did you hear that? I think you messed up Harley with Gary because it was Harley's VA who announced the title of this episode first and what would be the point of telling people about a title that doesn't include the character you're VAing?

Any proof of Tracey actually showing up?

Its just rumors about Harley, I didn't say it was true ^_^

Ask for Tracey his VA is listed in the episode from what I heard.

Umi Mizuno

☠ one girl army
Its just rumors about Harley, I didn't say it was true ^_^
You didn't say it was false either so now you know for sure.
Ask for Tracey his VA is listed in the episode from what I heard.
Uh-huh. Since you said it, provide the link so I can actually see it for myself. o.o

Status
Not open for further replies.