• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

AG174: Harley and Team Rocket! The formation of the villains alliance! Speculation!

Champion Jared 14

Well, it seems to me that may has this contest in the bag. It's about time, she should get her last ribbon, before ash gets done with his business, and he takes care of his final symbol. Hah! Even if musashi uses cacture, she's still sunk. She may do a few good things, but any pokemon under her control becomes weak.

V Faction

www.faction.com
Bleh. Can anyone understand why they go from great animation in a filler episode to half-assed animation in an important one? I don't know about you guys, but the animation is also what sells an episode to me (not to mention the plot and characters of course). It's what make episodes like 'Address Unown' so well done. Really, I'm trying to understand!

CyberCubed

Yeah, ok!
But without the Sudowoodo episode getting the team it did, you wouldn't have the picture in your sig right now, wouldn't you?

Thriller

Its almost time
Whats funny is they always use bad animation in Harley episodes. Its like they are trying to make Scarley a reality.

I hope Harley is actually developing a crush on Jessie. It will seem interesting after all he was trying to make himself seem like.

Hold on, Jessie is using a Cacturne? OMG!!! JaMes's CacNeA 3volved n2 CaCtuRne!

Oh wait, Harley owns a Cacturne :D'

V Faction

www.faction.com
CyberCubed said:
But without the Sudowoodo episode getting the team it did, you wouldn't have the picture in your sig right now, wouldn't you?
My sigs are like fads: they're only popular until the next big thing comes along.

And don't tell me you wouldn't want to see fantastic animation in a May Contest episode, Cyber.

EDIT: Plus, big-headed anime characters are a dime a dozen.

.Bambi.

Be Wise, Tell Lies.
Don Vito said:
Whats funny is they always use bad animation in Harley episodes. Its like they are trying to make Scarley a reality.
Well, the last episode Harley was in where he used Octillery was actually very well animated, but other than that and his first episode ever, he's always gotten bad luck, hasn't he?

I hope Harley is actually developing a crush on Jessie. It will seem interesting after all he was trying to make himself seem like.
Ummm...you know this is Harley, right? I don't think he'd be very interested in Jessie...or her kind in general. Because little Harii loves elections. Yes he does. He loves elections, but certainly won't vote for Bush ;O

ghost master

the kawaiist thing
I'm liking the sound of this episode. Harley teaming up with Jessie to take down May. Although May will win in the end. Unless Jessie wins and then somoene proves that she cheated and of course runner up would get the ribbon. I would prefer that much better. Or at least the writers could make the battle close. It seems he'll act the same as previously with May. It seems like him and Jessie are friends. Not romantically involved like others have mentioned. They most likely will be friendly towards each other cause of their hate for May.

Kabuto

little punks!
They most likely will be friendly towards each other cause of their hate for May.

That also confuses me. Besides the Wurmple argument and a few contest battles it doesn't seem like Jessie hates May more than anyone else.

Seiryu

Resident dragon
My thoughts:

well, we already know that Harley really has had it in for May ever since they first met. Assuming that he already has five ribbons (which would make entering another one quite pointless, and might even be against some unspoken rule), he knows that the only real way to prevent May from qualifying for the Grand Festival would be through cheating.

Normally, without him entering the contest, one would assume that sabotaging someone else's performance would be quite difficult. He (presumably) knows about Jessie and her general dislike for the main group, and when he sees her entering the contest as well, he probably puts two and two together and offers to team up with her and help her win the contest.

As for why he lends Jessie his Cacturne...well, one could look at this as a form of condescention--knowing that his pokémon have been trained better than anything owned by Jessie or James--which would fit his character perfectly. Covering it up with a friendly attitude would fit as well, as that's something we've seen him do with May a number of times.

I do agree that a number of those pictures look supremely screwed up; however, the Combusken-flip thing can be easily attributed to the trip-String Shot. But hey, it's always cool to see a Cacturne doing something, and I hope to see Banette and Munchlax battling (like so, so many of you =p).

Jo-Jo

blows stuff uhup
Now this is the ep I've been waiting for! Too bad everyone's already said everything I had to say. :p

Bah, I've been shipping Jessie/Harley for ages. You guys are suuuuch bandwagon jumpers. :p (j/k... honest) I'm all for QueenShipping, although that might be a better name for James/Harley.

Harley lending Jessie his Pokemon is a nice touch. At a guess, then, they're going to be public about their 'alliance' (and if not, May'd have to be awful stupid not to wonder where Jessie got that Cacturne from).

If Harley is indeed trying to sweet-talk Jessie, I think it can be excused on the basis that Team Rocket are, bless 'em, supremely stupid. Also very susceptible to flattery. James, at least, was gullible enough to fall for the Magikarp man's tricks about fifteen times.

BTW, maybe I'm wrong, but it looks to me as though Jessie's going to use Meowth for the appeal and Cacturne in the battling round. Which equals no Bannette. Phoo.

Squirtle_007

So ... this episode and "Haruka vs. Musashi The final ribbon!" are together?, I don´t know where I read that this could be a one-hour episode, maybe I got confused.
I didn´t saw Kojirou in the preview, and the only Pokémon on the preview we´re Combusken and Cacturne, that makes me think that the battle will be in the next episode (Wow, how brilliant) I hope Haruka uses Munchlax for battle, maybe Musashi will use Ariados for battling.
I would like to see Musashi winning, but that looks very unlikely.
I just hope that the battle episode will be made by a good animation team

Steffrox

de cold & de sorrow
Yes where is Kojiro, maybe Harley hit on him and he went to hide, or maybe he fell down a ravine, or maybe He's annoyed that harley took his job of being the person that cheats backstage and stormed off like a diva.
Or maybe he just doesn't have a big role in this ep and so wasn't included in the preview.
I hope he stormed of like a diva

Gravy

Contaminated KFC
Jo-Jo said:
At a guess, then, they're going to be public about their 'alliance' (and if not, May'd have to be awful stupid not to wonder where Jessie got that Cacturne from).
Oh come now Jo-Jo. Jessie enters contest after contest with the same hairdo and a plethora of Team Rocket pokémon. Yet Haruka has never put two and two together. What makes you think that Harley's Cacturne is going to scrape enough rust off that brain cog to get it moving? :p

G

Geki

Could it be? Jessie and Harley falling in love? Funny, all this time I thought that Harley was gay. Well, it looks like an interesting episode nonetheless. Obviously May will win since it'll be the last contest, and then the Kanto GF. May should use her Combusken again. Or maybe call her Beautifly from Hoenn. It didn't battle in a contest since the Fallarbor Contest back in Hoenn.

ghost master

the kawaiist thing
That also confuses me. Besides the Wurmple argument and a few contest battles it doesn't seem like Jessie hates May more than anyone else.
Stalking people for along time to steal their pokemon and never succeed, always getting firespinned icebeamed and thunderbolted and blasting off, always trying her best at contests and May always beating her, and the whole Wurmple rivalry. There has to be some hate towards her or at least an extreme dislike. Harley's reasoning for hating May is odd and she did hardly anything so I think Jessie has more than enough reason to not like May.
Could it be? Jessie and Harley falling in love?
No way that would totally ruin Harley. Besides J&J have those type of moments and so does Jessie and Meowth. I dont think its a love type thing but a friend thing.

Mew2

Team Rocket's Enemy
I think that it's more along the lines of both Jessie and Harley hate May's guts (for different reasons) and sees that the other feels the same way about May and decides that they should team up to try to keep May from fulfilling her dream of entering Kanto's Grand Festival.

Steffrox

de cold & de sorrow
hmm yeah i agree i think they are just going to be friends, even if its juts for these eps, i really can't see it happening for longer tho.
Jessie just can't resist guys,[SPOIL] any one whos seen the 8th movie will know [/SPOIL]
but nothing ever comes of it

Aldrius

Orange Champion
Harley lending Jessie his Pokemon is a nice touch. At a guess, then, they're going to be public about their 'alliance' (and if not, May'd have to be awful stupid not to wonder where Jessie got that Cacturne from).

She likely doesn't even know it's Jessie... Never mind knowing who's Cacturne that is. :p

They should put a silly mask on the Cacturne... >_>;

day_macca

Boulder Trainer
i like the idea of harley lettin jessie use her pokemon, as he must really may even more now to make here lose. unless this is the final contest so she bringin out all the guns

Last edited: