• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Age comes with experience!

Firstly let me start by saying even though this thread mentions Pokemon Battle Revolution and WFC it's information is regarding general thoughts and views of trainers about trainers pokemon, battle strategy and age spanning over a wide amount of pokemon games not just PBR. (I only stated this because every time I try to start a thread it closes)

After finally connecting my copy of Pokemon Battle Revolution to WFC today after months of trying I was greatly anticipating battling many trainers across the globe. However whilst batting over 20 trainers and before you ask... only loosing once to an uber team it came to my conclusion that a large amount of trainers either have a poor selection of pokemon in their team or a weak battle strategy.
Among some of the highlights were a team full of baby pokemon, which didn't stand a chance and psychic moves trying to be used on dark pokemon. I was just wondering what ridiculous pokemon teams and/or battle strategies some of you have come across whilst battling trainers across the globe, and in your opinion would you say that older trainers with more experience are more likely to be better trainers?

(if you would like a battle with me on PBR add me as a friend and I will give you my friend code)

shadowkami

Internet Hustla'
I don't have a wii, therefore I don't have pbr and my competitive team is not ready yet so I'll tell you some of my shoddy stories.
A guy used Overheat on my ludicolo. A guy tried to ko my salamence with his HP ice unknown. I ice sharded someone's ninjask and they instantly quit.

Pokemonwarrior

I Am Your Nightmare
Basically I think the older the person the better chance of a battle worth fighting. Kids that are younger or new to the whole battling concept will sometimes not Ev train or will just use what pokemon they think the anime shows having a lot of power which isn't carried over to the games. Look at Hippiny (Not spelled right I'm afraid) the Show shows it betting better Pokemon with little effort but in the game it will die as soon as it hits the field of battle.

But the fact of age isn't really a guarantee the older the better. Some older players still suck (sorry for being blunt but hey its true) Its really how the players take to the whole battle idea. Either no stat building or just battle with what you got.

Last edited:
I would agree with you that you are not necessarily going to get a tougher battle, but like you said you probably would be more likely to. I myself have known some older trainers who don't always have the strongest teams due to not covering all weaknesses.

Pkmn Breeder Jack

Static owns you.
Well, really, not every user of PBR is gonna be a top notch smogonite. Think of all the kids who got it because they just like pokemon, and decide to go battle other people across the world. Though it may seem surprising, only a small percentage of players actually know anything about the metagame that has been developed by the intense competitors on the internet. And an even smaller percentage are even halfway decent at battling using the strategies that have been created.

randomspot555

Well, really, not every user of PBR is gonna be a top notch smogonite. Think of all the kids who got it because they just like pokemon, and decide to go battle other people across the world. Though it may seem surprising, only a small percentage of players actually know anything about the metagame that has been developed by the intense competitors on the internet. And an even smaller percentage are even halfway decent at battling using the strategies that have been created.

Add onto that that the metagame in other countries actually operates in different ways. For example, in Japan, the metagame's clauses basically simulate the official rules at Nintendo tournaments, and substitute strategies run ramapant. That, and Cresselia is seen as one of the most deadly threats in their OU tier.

And random PBR battles are basically just that: You'll be encountering a lot of teams that kids used in-game. Sometimes you'll be battling people who just use the rental pass Pokemon that come with PBR. And seeing an uber tier Pokemon is usually easy to take out since the kid probably didn't EV train it or SR for IVs.

getto89

Elite Four Sami
i think they should make a game like pokemon collosem again but where you can catch pokemon like a 3-d rpg

Pamizard

Queen of Charizards!
Well for me i liek to battle wit toehr fans. I've improve my online battling skills, but no matter if i win or lose im having fun.

Miltank Lover

Breeder, Miltank Ftw
When you first start playing you'll face players with a low win % or who just didn't played alot yet. If you continue to play then eventuelly you will fight those good, dedicated trainers like i do now for example, I haven't faced a bad uber team since a few weeks now while before at the beginning of my PBR experience it was like 9/10 of all the players were bad, wrong natured uber users.